20-3: 2012.01.16

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

141 replies to this topic

KittyMarthaPoo

KittyMarthaPoo

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 19, 2012 @ 10:16 AM

Courtney may be a model, but I just DON'T think she is that beautiful. To me she is only okay-looking. Her teeth are all jacked up & they seem to be affecting how she moves her mouth when she speaks.

Bugs Meany

Bugs Meany

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 19, 2012 @ 11:05 AM

Making a cross-eyed swamp skank like Vienna look like a Sunday School teacher would be difficult, methinks he just 86'ed this season's 'Vienna' by eliminating Jaclyn the Fug.

...Whuh? Jaclyn was a non-entity. She never really talked to Ben (can't believe he kept her twice) and she was never even talked about.

Elyse's psycho eyebrows disqualify her.

Even as a guy I cannot sign off on Blakeley. She's a female female-impersonator, if you will. Maybe if the alternative is Jaclyn, but that's it. The only legit beauty is Nicki.

commenter

commenter

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 19, 2012 @ 11:30 AM

Smart and interesting is already out the window, English Lindsi is gone

Sorry, but speaking of vision potentially clouded by labels ... Other than her having been well-traveled, was English Lyndsie so smart and interesting, or was she just English? (English accents/heritage have a similar effect on perceptions of intelligence as modeling has on perceptions of hotness.) ...

I don't remember all the girls but Rachel is pretty and interesting, I think.

superpole2000

superpole2000

Fanatic

Posted Jan 19, 2012 @ 11:50 AM

Lindzi's supposed "Welcome to Dumpsville, Population You" text breakup? Talk about a red flag. Under what conceivable circumstances would someone break up with a girlfriend of a year and a half like that? Either she dates psychopaths (not exactly a good sign, either) . . . or she did something terrible to prompt that. Cheating, fraud, deceit -- something very major.

She could also be lying. Being dumped is embarrassing, so if she can make the other person look like a jackass, then she can reduce the embarrassment. Also, it invokes sympathy from the listener. She might have exaggerated the story just to draw Ben into the "Oh, I would never do that to you. Here, come be my girlfriend. I'll be so much better!" type of response.

"Fug" girls are typically more intelligent than the "genetically gifted", IMHO. They spend more time working on what's between their ears, for instance.

I would agree with that statement if the ugly person knew they were ugly, but I don't think Jaclyn views herself that way.

scarlettudor

scarlettudor

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jan 19, 2012 @ 11:58 AM

I'm having trouble getting the girls' names straight too. Will have to watch with pen and paper in hand next week.

However, I do believe Blakely would qualify for BOTS (Bitch of the Season) were it not for Courtney. Ben is blinded by the model title because Courtney is definitely not good looking. She looks like she has a uni-brow in most lighting. Also, she just looks unhealthy to me. Like, the skin on her face looks damp and cold. It was ridiculous how she was going to refuse a rose if Ben gave Shawntel one. She is so full of herself. But she's right in that she is leading Ben around by..some part of his anatomy.

Someone said Ben is rottweiler eager for the fantasy suite with Blakely. I don't think he'll have to wait that long. I think she will ambush him in the shrubs and have done with him. What a sexually aggressive woman! It reminds me of..I think her name was..Michelle, in a previous season, Brad's I think. And she was voted off.

I like Kacie B. the best so far, but when they kiss, I do not see sparks. He is smitten by Courtney and Blakely.

I'm not that impressed with Lindsey (the horsey one) and agree with posters up thread that there must be more to the story about her being text dumped than she is saying.

Like everyone else, I was rooting for Shawntel to stick around. She did bring out a lot of ugly behavior in the women.

reggiejax

reggiejax

Fanatic

Posted Jan 19, 2012 @ 2:16 PM

Smart and interesting is already out the window, English Lindsi is gone

Sorry, but speaking of vision potentially clouded by labels ... Other than her having been well-traveled, was English Lyndsie so smart and interesting, or was she just English? (English accents/heritage have a similar effect on perceptions of intelligence as modeling has on perceptions of hotness.) ...

Can't judge Lindsie's intelligence from what little I know of her, but she definitely seems interesting. Certainly more interesting than the batch of brain donors that remain. She has a real Cat Deeley thing going (sexy, blonde Brit with a fun and vivacious personality). Though I do know from experience that Cat Deeley can run either hot or cold with people. So I can see where perhaps Lindsie is not missed all that much.

She called herself an "internet entreprenuer", which as far as I can tell means she runs a website that you can check out here. At the very least she offers more interesting content than crybaby Jenna's faux deep musings.

I would have loved it if Lindsie had lasted more than one episode, though in the end there was no way this bundle of energy was ever going to seriously have any chemisty with a mono-syllabic dope like Ben Flapjack. So ultimately it was no loss for her.

But she seems like she would be a lot of fun to watch on The Bachelor Pad, so here's hoping she does get cast.

Edited by reggiejax, Jan 19, 2012 @ 6:01 PM.

Wolfie65

Wolfie65

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 19, 2012 @ 2:54 PM

Jaclyn was this season's Vienna (never has the name of a venerable ancient city been that horribly misused) in terms of looks. Ain't enough booze in the world to make me find her attractive.
Nicki is as fake as a 3-dollar bill with Osama Ben Laden's face on it. In episode 1, she had 3 or 4 on-screen spasms about how 'hot' Ben was, I think she had anuddah one this week. Shucks, she probably went to school with hundreds of guys hotter than Ben, and likely did about a dozen of them after cheerleading practice.
Having been to England and having met many English people, I'm confident that British Arizonian Lindsi could easily out-think, outwit, out-joke and possibly even out-drink the entire rest of the Bachelor cast put together. She probably has at least a working knowledge of 3 or 4 foreign languages, knows her history, geography and all that good stuff. Put her in a car or on a train and she can find Italy.She may be able to figure out something in Latin on an ancient statue. She can order something she actually likes in a French or Greek restaurant. She has actually READ Les MisÚrables (maybe even in the original French) and (obviously) doesn't need subtitles for the original (British) version of The Office.
Try that with any of the other ditzes......

JudyObscure

JudyObscure

Fanatic

Posted Jan 19, 2012 @ 3:09 PM

Other than her having been well-traveled, was English Lyndsie so smart and interesting, or was she just English? (English accents/heritage have a similar effect on perceptions of intelligence as modeling has on perceptions of hotness.) ...

I'm ashamed to say that I lived in the UK for almost a year before the English rose colored glasses fell away enough for me to realise that the reason I could never get an interesting conversation going down at the pub was that my quaint village pub was the English version of a redneck bar. It was all about soccer scores and which women were "fit."

English Lyndsie seemed to me to be the type of tedious person who thinks a lamp shade on the head is wonderfully wacky, but I agree she might be fun to watch on the Bachelor Pad.

Horse Lindzi's text message break up sounded like it came from a drunk guy who's friends were egging him on and daring him. Which could mean that his friends had learned not to like her much either.

I think smart girls tend to be prettier than dumb ones simply because they don't make stupid, looks destroying mistakes like bleaching their hair to the texture of attic insulation, putting tattoos inside their lips or spending good money on implants that was desperately needed to saw off a few inches of nose. It took Vienna years to figure that last one out.

legaleagle44

legaleagle44

Stalker

• Interests:Foreign language and culture study, cooking, dancing, music, reading, and television, of course!

Posted Jan 19, 2012 @ 4:38 PM

I'm confident that British Arizonian Lindsi could easily out-think, outwit, out-joke and possibly even out-drink the entire rest of the Bachelor cast put together. She probably has at least a working knowledge of 3 or 4 foreign languages, knows her history, geography and all that good stuff. Put her in a car or on a train and she can find Italy.She may be able to figure out something in Latin on an ancient statue. She can order something she actually likes in a French or Greek restaurant. She has actually READ Les MisÚrables (maybe even in the original French) and (obviously) doesn't need subtitles for the original (British) version of The Office.

You mean she's the female Ames?

Crumpet

Crumpet

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 19, 2012 @ 4:53 PM

You mean she's the female Ames?

LOL!

Try that with any of the other ditzes......

Pretty sure the PhD student and accountant aren't ditzes, and I don't think we saw enough of Lindsi to know that much about her personality/interests/intelligence level.

fionab

fionab

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 19, 2012 @ 9:17 PM

I think smart girls tend to be prettier than dumb ones simply because they don't make stupid, looks destroying mistakes like bleaching their hair to the texture of attic insulation, putting tattoos inside their lips or spending good money on implants that was desperately needed to saw off a few inches of nose. It took Vienna years to figure that last one out.

Mwahahahahahaha. So true.

Seeing as how english Lindsie at least appeared to have bleached blond hair, I'm not convinced she was too far from the Vienna tree?

MuShu

MuShu

Fanatic

Posted Jan 19, 2012 @ 9:43 PM

I think I saw English Lindsay on that "How drunk did I get last night" show where people called chavs get videotaped having a night out consisting of gallons of alcohol. Like literally. Eh, I also thought she was a dude.

Ben and Lindzi make a good couple simply because they both appear to have dirty faces most of the time. What a high bar this season has set!

There are plenty of butt ugly models. I always thought guys thought cheerleader types with nice bodies were hotter than gawky, angular models who tend to be fairly unremarkable when not working.

mrsproducer

mrsproducer

Video Archivist

Posted Jan 19, 2012 @ 10:32 PM

I thought it was sad, a "fear of failure" response from a woman who has no self-confidence: "With all these over-the-top girls around, if he goes on a one-on-one with me, he won't give me a rose. So I'll pre-empt that humiliation by bagging out now."

I think so too (re: Britney). I thought the same thing as she was giving her little goodbye speech. I think it was a confidence thing and she checked out before she could be rejected without ever knowing if she'd have been rejected or not. He obviously saw an interesting thing in her since they were going on the one-on-one (assuming he has some say in who gets the one-on-one dates) and I think Britney got scared that she'd be humiliated if she didn't get the date rose and sent herself packing.

Jaclyn is too stupid to be this season's Vienna. Not that Vienna is the sharpest individual out there but she was at least somewhat interesting. Jaclyn was not even remotely interesting, even when she was being a hateful loser to Shawntel.

Wolfie65

Wolfie65

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 20, 2012 @ 10:14 AM

I always thought guys thought cheerleader types with nice bodies were hotter than gawky, angular models who tend to be fairly unremarkable when not working.

We do. Personally, I don't find most runway/fashion models all that attractive, and don't quite get the 'model mystique'. I think this may be more of an American thing. Swimsuit & lingerie models, on the other hand, are a totally different story....
The PhD and accountant aren't ditzes in their field, but you take them even half a step outside their little box and they are LOST. This is one of the biggest differences between higher education in Europe (broader, more 'Renaissance', if you will) and the US (highly specialized and very narrowly focused).
Comparing Lindsi to Vienna is like comparing Breughel to paint-by-numbers.

garden

garden

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jan 22, 2012 @ 12:10 PM

The PhD and accountant aren't ditzes in their field, but you take them even half a step outside their little box and they are LOST. This is one of the biggest differences between higher education in Europe (broader, more 'Renaissance', if you will) and the US (highly specialized and very narrowly focused).

As someone with a PhD (from the US), I find this generalization to be quite insulting. In fact, I am somewhat shocked at the numerous sweeping generalizations that have been made in this week's thread. It's so out of character with what I usually find -- and enjoy so much -- in the Bachelor threads on this site. Regarding Emily, I found her to be very articulate, and she did not seem "lost" to me at all.

I suspect the reason that Jamie and Casey get very little screen time is that they don't say mean things. I thought it quite suspicious that not a single woman was shown responding to Shawntel's appearance by saying "That's okay with me if she stays" or "Face it, most of us don't really know Ben yet either." I'd bet one or two women did say these reasonable things, and I would bet it was Jamie or Casey who said it because they both seem so nice.

I can't believe how many people they have gotten to spew these stupid lines that "we can conquer anything in life because we did this scary thing on a date." They have the metaphor all backwards: in lasting relationships you might live through tragedies and then say how over the years you have "climbed a few mountains." But these people are willing to say the very ridiculous reverse: "because we climbed xyz, we'll have a relationsihp that can withstand anything."

I agree with the person who thinks Ben is showing an egotistical side: I was put off by him saying something to the effect that Brittney had "wanted a chance" and that he had been willing to give her one.

And, of course, I dislike how he wants all these women to like his hometown, because he has already decided that she will be the one who must move. Nice way to start out a partnership between two equals.

Edited by garden, Jan 22, 2012 @ 12:12 PM.

Boondoggle

Boondoggle

Video Archivist

Posted Jan 22, 2012 @ 11:56 PM

I dislike how he wants all these women to like his hometown, because he has already decided that she will be the one who must move. Nice way to start out a partnership between two equals.

I'm not sure how you pick up a winery and move it, so Ben's intended would have move to him. And honestly, without the winery, Ben Who?

Bugs Meany

Bugs Meany

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 23, 2012 @ 5:02 PM

I really didn't get why Shawntel didn't defuse all the "You don't know him!" nonsense by pointing out that they had met before. Or are we not supposed to know that all they do is go to Bachelor reunions all over the country and hook up with each other?

garden

garden

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jan 23, 2012 @ 5:45 PM

I'm not sure how you pick up a winery and move it, so Ben's intended would have move to him.

I guess that I'm not convinced that Ben really is a major owner of that winery. But even if he is temporarily unable to locate, he doesn't even seem to consider any other options -- for example, summers here and winters there, or doing this for 10 years but then being willing to go somewhere else. He seems unecessarily and permanently inflexible, and also completely unapologetic about it.

SparksFan59

SparksFan59

Fanatic

Posted Jan 23, 2012 @ 6:21 PM

If I'm remembering correctly the actual winery is owned by his partner's family. There are 3 guys total that make up Envolve Wines. They utilized the Benziger winery land to make their own wine. So, he doesn't own the land but he and his buddies own the Envolve wine label and product.

It's not like Ben can pick up and go elsewhere when the wine business is in Sonoma. No moreso than Brad's bars being in Austin where he needed to be as well.

Here are their bio's from the Envolve website; Envolve Winery-Bios

Edited by SparksFan59, Jan 23, 2012 @ 6:22 PM.

chocolatine

chocolatine

Fanatic

Posted Jan 23, 2012 @ 6:37 PM

I really didn't get why Shawntel didn't defuse all the "You don't know him!" nonsense by pointing out that they had met before.

She told People magazine that they hadn't. They just tweeted each other and she interpreted it as a "connection".

torreador

torreador

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 23, 2012 @ 8:35 PM

She told People magazine that they hadn't. They just tweeted each other and she interpreted it as a "connection".

She also said they'd exchanged phone numbers and talked on the phone, too.

Oh, well. More fodder for her book.

hardly watch

hardly watch

Channel Surfer

Posted Jan 26, 2012 @ 5:13 AM

Just catching up online but I think the saddest thing to me is how lame they made Matt Nathanson look...he really is an amazing performer! I suppose Chris Isaac or similar would have been a more well known choice for SF.

I don't really get Lindzey not being a little underwhelmed that her date was intended for someone else?