1-9: "Timshel" 2012.01.08

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

39 replies to this topic

rove3

rove3

Fanatic

Posted Jan 11, 2012 @ 11:25 AM

Which would make me sad because I like the Swede and the actor who plays him. I'd like it if he could stick around for S2 but the way he's so honed in on getting Cullen...something or someone's got to give.

pakelihe

pakelihe

Fanatic

Posted Jan 11, 2012 @ 11:43 PM

So the stories that the Reverend have told about riding with John Brown look to be true. It seems that some of Brown's fanaticism has transferred itself to him.

Heck, I'm as straight of a straight guy that there is, and even I thought Bohannen had cleaned up quite nicely.

So in one episode we see that Griggs does indeed know how to fight, and doesn't know how to pick his battles.

NYC2007

NYC2007

Fanatic

Posted Jan 12, 2012 @ 9:55 AM

I'm hoping that Durant does something like he did to the senator to the Swede. Put him in his place, but keep him around. He's a very interesting character.

irishmaple

irishmaple

Fanatic

Posted Jan 12, 2012 @ 1:23 PM

I'd like him to stick around too but the guy has crossed too many people. Maybe if it was just Bohannan, he'd have a chance, but now the victims of his extortion are passing around the hat and looking to hire a killer; someone (maybe Elam?) will take that action sooner or later. Durant knows the Swede conspired with the Senator, doesn't he? Or does he just suspect it? Either way, I don't see Durant letting that slide. A Senator is worth keeping around, an enforcer not so much. Especially with other candidates for the position.

taipai

taipai

Video Archivist

Posted Jan 12, 2012 @ 2:02 PM

Anson Mount looks like a different man without the beard he wears as Bohannon. IMO he is so very much more attractive with the beard.

runningwithmace

runningwithmace

Just Tuned In

Posted Jan 12, 2012 @ 2:47 PM

Agreed with Irishmaple.

I automatically assumed from that wicked glint in Doc's eye when Elam dropped the scalps off that he was already thinking about finding a replacement for the Swede. They've been building toward both the Swede's downfall and Elam's rise to power, albeit violent power, in the last few episodes. He drowned a friggin brave in the battle. Not stabbed or strangled or bludgeoned-- drowned. The slowest possible means available to kill the dude. Then he scalped at least a dozen dead guys.

Don't get me wrong; I love Elam, probably all the more because the whole "how do you put on your pants... with balls that big?" applies exponentially more to him than to Bohannon, considering what he's got to work with in that place and time. But it's already been made clear that he's gonna have to kill and beat and shoot people to get his place and keep it, and he seems pretty content with that.

Tippi Blevins

Tippi Blevins

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 14, 2012 @ 6:33 AM

Recap is up.

Anson Mount looks like a different man without the beard he wears as Bohannon. IMO he is so very much more attractive with the beard.

Agreed. He's handsome either way, but the beard makes him stand out somehow.

dietcoker

dietcoker

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 14, 2012 @ 11:12 PM

Does Bohannen have a Swiss bank account or some serious assets back home? I love this show but so much of it goes over my head. Why does he keep turning down money? Was his land lost or does he still have it? I don't understand his background. I got that he was close to a slave who raised him and his wife and son were killed and he freed his slaves and fought the war. But that's it. I feel like I must have missed something.

Also, why did he not want to take scalps and why were they needed for proof? Witnesses aren't enough?

taiko

taiko

Fanatic

Posted Jan 14, 2012 @ 11:35 PM

Also, why did he not want to take scalps and why were they needed for proof? Witnesses aren't enough?

Because they were not soldiers being payed to clear the land, but bounty hunters being paid to kill Indians. With scalps Ferguson can say "here we killed 15 see" so Durant counts out the gold eagles for 15. With just the word of those with questionable honor, a class Bohanon is just coming to the realization he now belongs to, they may say we had good cover and killed 50 and the liars can split the loot.

scout56

scout56

Couch Potato

• Interests:My interests now are taking care of my beautiful baby grand daughter. I love reading comments on TWOP> I can't wait to get on sometimes, especially after watching DWTS or whatever crazy show it is I am watching during the season.

Posted Jan 15, 2012 @ 10:32 AM

The recap is very good (very funny at times) and basically pretty right about everything especially how Doc came in the bar to interrupt before Lily and Cullin set the place on fire with their looks. WOW! I would LOVE a man as gorgeous as Cullin to look at me that way! He is pretty damn near perfect as far as I can see and I think Lily and him are a strikingly beautiful couple. Is tonight going to be the last show for a while? The season didn't seem very long and when does it return?