S12: Aubrey O'Day

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

111 replies to this topic

Hag

Hag

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 8, 2012 @ 7:26 PM

I saw the infamous Walk with Walgreens box today in the drugstore. It was the size of the prototype and they were selling it for one penny (one per customer). It's got a cheesy tote bag inside and a small pedometer. What's really disrespectful is that Arsenio's picture--and it's the head shot that he didn't like--is on the BOTTOM of the box. The others are of Aubrey, Paul, Teresa, and Clay. Aubrey's quote doesn't make sense, to me: "Walking the walk helped me talk the talk. Now I have the confidence to find my 'happily ever after.' The other quotes seem different from how they were stated on the episode. It really burns me they put Arsenio on the bottom. Who decided that?? You'd never know he was there if you didn't pick up the box. The biggest selling point is that you don't know what's in the box. They've got it sealed shut. I had to ask.

LennieB

LennieB

Fanatic

Posted Apr 9, 2012 @ 9:59 AM

Your Walgreen's is ripping people off; it's supposed to be free! (I know it's only a penny, but apparently your Walgreen's wants some!)

Considering how vocal Arsenio was about not liking his photo, maybe HE decided its placement! ;-)

Edited by LennieB, Apr 9, 2012 @ 10:00 AM.

K2DangerGirl

K2DangerGirl

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 9, 2012 @ 12:14 PM

I can't believe what a BITCH this girl is about peoples' ages. Does she not hope or expect to be in her *gasp* THIRTIES someday? Does she think she is going to magically be impervious to gravity and time? Yo, Aubrey. If you don't get older, you are dead.

Jextella

Jextella

Fanatic

Posted Apr 9, 2012 @ 8:19 PM

Well, Aubrey is not long in the public eye. She won't be asked to a show like the Apprentice 20 years from now the way Arsenio was.

He has charm and people like him and want to seem him. And, they want to see him do well.

Aubrey who?

....and I actually kind of like her.

Wanton Down

Wanton Down

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 12, 2012 @ 4:21 PM

I definitely prefer Aubrey to Arsenio. I like that she's a take-charge, assertive, articulate kind of woman and I think she handles herself well in the boardrooms. Arsenio, to me, is just a stupid waste of space who doesn't really bring anything of value to the table in terms of creativity, presentation, idea generation, etc. Aubrey may be a bitch but at least you can put her in front of marketing executives and expect her to string together a coherent sales pitch.

Kstel78

Kstel78

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 12, 2012 @ 5:11 PM

I used to dislike Aubrey, now I loathe her! That preview makes her absolutely the biggest bitch on the planet.

marketdoctor

marketdoctor

Fanatic

Posted Apr 13, 2012 @ 9:16 AM

Yo, Aubrey. If you don't get older, you are dead.

I think that's what worries her: there are only two choices. (She's also choosing infamous over forgotten. Personally, I'd rather be forgotten for being nice than remembered for being mean, since people will forget both eventually anyway, but the process of choosing is what makes us who we are.)

I hope she finds a positive way through what she's going through.

backformore

backformore

Fanatic

Posted Apr 13, 2012 @ 11:17 PM

Aubrey may be a bitch but at least you can put her in front of marketing executives and expect her to string together a coherent sales pitch.

Sure - but then she'll mis-pronounce the most important word in the pitch - the product name.

Asari

Asari

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 13, 2012 @ 11:30 PM

I love how Ivanka gracefully and pointedly told Aubrey to shut her fat mouth. It was a thing of beauty.

musical

musical

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 14, 2012 @ 12:18 PM

I love how Ivanka gracefully and pointedly told Aubrey to shut her fat mouth. It was a thing of beauty.

Sure Was!

Interesting tweet!

Arsenio Hall ‏ @ArsenioOFFICIAL
When you find out, in detail, about the egregious behavior I am being subjected to behind the scene, my harsh language will be forgiven.

Edited by musical, Apr 14, 2012 @ 12:21 PM.

LennieB

LennieB

Fanatic

Posted Apr 14, 2012 @ 3:53 PM

As a man, Arsenio might want to re-think any "Aubrey bullied me!" rationalizations.

angelita100

angelita100

Fanatic

Posted Apr 14, 2012 @ 4:19 PM

What, men can't be bullied. I don't think that's what he's saying anyway. He's saying he was pushed over the edge. But as far as I'm concerned I don't need to see anything else to justify what's been shown so far.

WileyCoyote

WileyCoyote

Fanatic

Posted Apr 15, 2012 @ 2:07 PM

As a man, Arsenio might want to re-think any "Aubrey bullied me!" rationalizations.

Do you mean because its emasculating? Or are you ACTUALLY trying to argue its not possible?

The first, if you mean that, might be an interesting observation, but if you mean the second, I'd like to see some justification for it.

Grimes

Grimes

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 16, 2012 @ 1:54 AM

Can this woman ever sit in front of the camera and not insult someone else? That is, when she's not tooting her own horn.

RentEmSpoons

RentEmSpoons

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 16, 2012 @ 5:42 AM

Get her, Clay!

Did Aubrey just call me a "bitchy queen"?? How the hell is that consistent with her anti-gay bullying platform. GLSEN should be ashamed!

Kstel78

Kstel78

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 16, 2012 @ 12:51 PM

Clay does not like her one bit! He unfollowed her on twitter and never uses her twitter name when posting. :)

Koffee Kup

Koffee Kup

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 16, 2012 @ 7:46 PM

Good to know that Aubrey impresses herself because I don't think she impresses anyone else. Who says shit like that?

Grimes

Grimes

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 16, 2012 @ 8:47 PM

Aubrey is the only one that hasn't won as a PM now. Paul should have called her on this, but I guess he wanted to go home.

WileyCoyote

WileyCoyote

Fanatic

Posted Apr 16, 2012 @ 8:51 PM

Clay can be full of himself, and indeed quite bitchy. But he's perfectly right in pointing out how self-contradictory the things Aubrey says are, how her actions don't match her stated intentions (which she is lying about, clearly). Two-faced, Aubrey is thy name. Even the bitchy Clay realizes that (I actually think he's not THAT queeny, even if he is occasionally really bitchy).

PlaysInTheDirt

PlaysInTheDirt

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 17, 2012 @ 7:18 PM

Our Walgreen's stores gave the boxes away for free. And not only was Arsenio on the bottom, as previously stated, but the orange oompaloompah put herself right in the front so you're facing her smug mug as you go to open it. I can't believe she has such high self-esteem when she's done nothing to warrant it.

And yes, Aubrey does try to bully the men as much as she bullies women.

RoRo

RoRo

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 22, 2012 @ 8:23 PM

Gosh, does she know how awful that hair color is on her?

ChicksDigScars

ChicksDigScars

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 22, 2012 @ 10:39 PM

I had to laugh that Trump gave her the win (which I think was fixed because her's was the only charity not to get money at this point), yet he didn't give her the entire amount promised, instead splitting over half of it up with everyone else's charities. Way to get that hollow, backhanded victory, Aubrey. But, judging from all the self-serving, narcissistic bragging that you're doing on Twitter tonight, that fact hasn't dawned on you.

angelita100

angelita100

Fanatic

Posted Apr 23, 2012 @ 1:10 AM

oops wrong thread.

Edited by angelita100, Apr 23, 2012 @ 1:35 AM.

goofygirl

goofygirl

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 23, 2012 @ 10:51 AM

Really, Aubrey, you seriously need to find some confidence! UGH! You are one sick little pink puppy. Good luck with that.

Caty

Caty

Fanatic

Posted Apr 23, 2012 @ 4:03 PM

Aubrey is has to shrink her head several sizes to fit that crown she so desperately covets. She probably imagines one of the Trump men come with the prize. She is so disgusting, and I believe George feels the same way and gave her a hard time.

Asari

Asari

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 23, 2012 @ 4:53 PM

Of course she's going to congratulate herself even though the one thing the execs liked was the slogan that ARSENIO found and the stuff they didn't like was Aubrey's fault. It would be nice to think she feels ashamed of herself after her run on this show but that self-absorbed loudmouth is incapable of feeling shame.

spankydoll

spankydoll

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 23, 2012 @ 7:03 PM

That Aubrey is sure taking this show seriously. It would appear that the spirit of competing to benefit a charity is lost on her. You would think that she was competing to stay out of the Hunger Games. Any guesses on why she is so over the top with her Trump ass-kissing? Is she angling on some sort of a job? Or trying to land one of the mini Donalds?

Jon N

Jon N

Fanatic

• Interests:Sleeping<br />Painting (too bad don't have the time)<br />Fashion

Posted Apr 23, 2012 @ 7:18 PM

Well she has to strive for the uglier one, since the good-looking one got a wife and kid, but it seems Aubrey doesn't let anything stand in her way.

I had to google her again to remember her, and wow, she is the definition of plastic surgery gone wrong. Yeesh, can anyone imagine seeing that clown face at in a dark alley at night?

Jextella

Jextella

Fanatic

Posted Apr 28, 2012 @ 11:10 AM

That Aubrey is sure taking this show seriously. It would appear that the spirit of competing to benefit a charity is lost on her.

This is one reason that Aubrey comes off as being so vile. She really is in it for herself first and foremost. She pretty much said it the other night when she listed the reasons she was glad she won - first was to finally be recognized for her "creativity" and second was to "prove to herself that she could do it" and third was for her charity...which she said in a way that was kind of an after thought.

Still, in Aubrey's defense, I think there is something to be said for the personal challenge in all this and I don't have a problem with it, really. I have a hard time believing any of them go on this show strictly for their charities.

Still, it wasn't smart of her to put her charity's needs below her own though - which tells me she has a lot to learn.

I don't dislike Aubrey. I just think she is young and still learning how to be savvy. She's got a ways to go but I hope she learns from this experience. If she does, she'll be successful. If she doesn't, I don't think she will be.

WileyCoyote

WileyCoyote

Fanatic

Posted Apr 30, 2012 @ 4:23 AM

This is one reason that Aubrey comes off as being so vile. She really is in it for herself first and foremost.

Definitely.

All her talk about having the photos of the "poor bullied kids who committed suicide above my bed"? With almost anyone else saying that, I'd tiptoe around saying "bullshit". With Aubrey? I'm almost completely certain its bullshit. And she mocks and insults what those poor tormented souls endured by using them to try and make herself look good on a reality show.

For her to have photos like that hanging about her bed, and yet ACT the way she does, she'd have to be disconnected to the reality of what bullying is to SUCH an extent that she'd be delusional. And I actually don't think she is. Massively egotistical, a selfish user and self-promoter, sure. But not delusional. When she initially went on about Danity Kane being this huge multi-platinum selling blah blah blah and her being "the biggest star on this show", I assumed delusion. After hearing her for months on this show? I think she knew exactly what she was saying--and that it was false--but that BY saying it she was setting a tone she wanted to market herself under which might help raise her profile. A sort of "say it enough and people will start thinking its true" strategy.

Not that there isn't a disconnect with her. Not sure I'd call it delusion as much as ego to such an extent that it amounts to almost the same thing. The disconnect being, of course, that she is on camera constantly talking about how superior she is, and yet by doing so is certainly helping to ensure viewers come out of this hating her. Unless, of course, she's doing that on purpose. In that case, maybe she's spitting out over-the-top stuff like the story of the poor dead kids above her bed purely to feed that goal of becoming notorious, rather than just famous. She's playing this out for another candid reality show, I think. That's got to be it.