S12: Aubrey O'Day

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

111 replies to this topic

wragged2

wragged2

Channel Surfer

Posted Jan 5, 2012 @ 2:02 AM

Aubrey O'Day
Danity Kane Singer
San Francisco, CA
GLSEN

https://twitter.com/#!/AubreyODay

Meet Aubrey O'Day

Edited by wragged2, Jan 7, 2012 @ 6:33 PM.

hatchlynn

hatchlynn

Video Archivist

Posted Feb 21, 2012 @ 1:39 PM

Is this one for real?
I think she is delusional for thinking she would be the most recognizable one on her team.
Not that I am any sort of pop music maven but I have never heard of her or her band and no hon, you are not amazingly charming, either.
Quite the opposite if the first episode is any indication.

Koffee Kup

Koffee Kup

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 22, 2012 @ 2:02 PM

Saw this yesterday and thought it was apropos because I can't believe she is only 28.

Stars who age badly.

intuitive

intuitive

Video Archivist

Posted Feb 22, 2012 @ 5:20 PM

....but she's heavily charming. ;-)

chrysanthemum

chrysanthemum

Fanatic

• Interests:Bad television. Awesomely bad television. Old school hip-hop. Soda. Sneakers. My dog. My friends. Words. Crossword Puzzles. The beach. Nerds. Revolutionaries. Activists. Swiss cheese. Cherries. Jamba Juice. Fragments.

Posted Mar 3, 2012 @ 7:45 PM

Clay Aiken "I'm sayin' Victoria is prettier than Aubrey."

Bring the snark, Clay! I love you, kid!

spankydoll

spankydoll

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 18, 2012 @ 11:51 AM

I had and still have no idea who she is. But the girl has great ideas and can move a project forward.

persiaa

persiaa

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 19, 2012 @ 1:00 AM

Aubrey has made contributions to her team, but she needs to learn when to shut up.
Is she going for the Jessica Rabbit look?

angelita100

angelita100

Fanatic

Posted Mar 19, 2012 @ 1:06 AM

Aubrey is just so distasteful. I hope she goes soon, good ideas or not. She's still a detriment to her team.

Jextella

Jextella

Fanatic

Posted Mar 19, 2012 @ 1:16 AM

Clay Aiken "I'm sayin' Victoria is prettier than Aubrey."

Bring the snark, Clay! I love you, kid!

Clay does seem to have something against Aubrey...and all the women, though. He's the one I recall first criticizing their looks. That's about as bad as Aubrey bringing up age to Tia.

Both are self-pretentious, but I find Aubrey less offensive only because she doesn't pretend to be otherwise. Clay trys to hide his ego.

fivestone

fivestone

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 19, 2012 @ 11:03 AM

Aubrey has a big mouth, and should really tone it down a notch, but the girl is smart, has good ideas, and is oddly endearing. I think mispronouncing 'Verrano' will come back to bite her in the butt (Trump doesn't forget those little things), but she can probably manage to stick around for a while if she reins in her mouth a bit.

I like her, though. Her talking heads are funny, although she does take it a bit overboard sometimes. I think it's part of her television persona.

WileyCoyote

WileyCoyote

Fanatic

Posted Mar 19, 2012 @ 4:22 PM

This girl, Debbie Gibson, and Clay Aiken need to form a singing trio called "The Know-it-alls".

Caty

Caty

Fanatic

Posted Mar 19, 2012 @ 5:42 PM

I can't wait for the mix between the men and women down the road soon. The guys have a disdain for Aubrey, she is a joke because of her hubris. She'll never be an apprentice, only in her dreams maybe. Her tackless rant against Tia was so offensive I wish I could have been amongst the Trumps as they share their views of her behavior. I think she has a ways to go and it is only from the higher rongs does the crash to the bottom that sweet. Trump will bid his time for th eopportune to fire her as ignimoniously as her conduct has been. Self serving self absorbed self righteous twat should just get hit by a two level street bus! Don't care where just make it happen soon. Oh, and that ugly fat hideous loud mouth cow, Lisa, should die soon, too. Along with her so called creativity.

Grimes

Grimes

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 19, 2012 @ 10:21 PM

I guess she was wearing that sculpture around her neck this week to support her gigantic swollen head. But behind that huge ego is a whole lot of insecurity. I think she needs to put others down so she can feel better about herself.

EndoKE

EndoKE

Fanatic

Posted Mar 21, 2012 @ 6:50 AM

I guess she was wearing that sculpture around her neck this week to support her gigantic swollen head. But behind that huge ego is a whole lot of insecurity. I think she needs to put others down so she can feel better about herself.

I think that is very true. I mean she couldn't even sustain a reality show on Oxygen. She's not even a "has been" more of a "never was been."

mlp

mlp

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 21, 2012 @ 7:31 PM

She's also not very bright. While she was putting Tia down because of her "advanced age," it apparently didn't cross her little mind that Donald Trump is a good 20 years older than Tia. I'll bet it crossed his.

Talented Tenth

Talented Tenth

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 23, 2012 @ 5:10 AM

mlp,

The standards are different for men and women celebrities, so I doubt Trump cares about that comment.

Philipscomments

Philipscomments

Fanatic

Posted Mar 26, 2012 @ 10:25 AM

Well, after watching this week's episode and having already figured out that all of Aubrey's great ideas weren't doing anything to win for the team, I was glad when the beauty queen who everyone thinks is so useless pointed it out. Aubrey talks too much and doesn't listen to what people are trying to tell her most of the time.

I've worked in advertising for a long time. I can spot when they are hitting and missing what the client is asking for. I saw the lack of branding a mile away, and if I were Aubrey I'd have not spent so much time fussing with the floral photos and concentrate on working closer with whats-her-name on the signs. It's like she wanted the girl to fail, judging from her comments with Lisa.

Kstel78

Kstel78

Loyal Viewer

Posted Mar 26, 2012 @ 12:39 PM

Even after the comment to Aubrey by Clay, they were out together in FL yesterday so I think all is good between the two even if they are not with the fans.

Caty

Caty

Fanatic

Posted Mar 26, 2012 @ 1:09 PM

So Aubrey has feelings ... and she cried!! So many hot tears, it's amazing it did not wash off those grotesque eye lashes. It wasn't that her heart ached for what the others were going to go through and someone whom she aimed to make off with, was going to be fired. Her feelings for anyone else on Forte was as genuine as those store bought eyelashes. Aubrey has love for no one else but herself and Donald Trump Jr. Aubrey was broken up because her great creativity was not recognized and she would not be glorified in her win! Her victory was snatched away and given to someone else {much less deserving}. She is enormously offputting. She has the energy no doubt but much of it is really bad stuff. She needs to win on CA to assuage her ego afterbeing fired by P Diddy (Puff Daddy) Comb. And of course who didn't notice how Donald Jr. felt being seated next to her when he visited Forte. He leaned off and away from her, hoping that that nasty ass energy wouldn't engrapple him. This hideous clown should leave well before the final Fab Four roundup. I can't wait to see the end of that monstrous pink lacquered pile on top of her head and clump of fake lash glued onto her upper eyelid, that hideous mouth and viscious tongue. Be.gone.soon but not that soon, so that she may climb higher only to have a more brutal landing on that cold hard concrete sidewalk.

Edited by Caty, Mar 26, 2012 @ 1:18 PM.

Jextella

Jextella

Fanatic

Posted Mar 31, 2012 @ 8:04 PM

I'm reserving final judgment until the end, but at this moment, I like Aubrey. I didn't at first, but I do now. As I get older, I appreciate strong women. Aubrey is nothing if not that. I do think she is pretty smart - in general. She's just young. She'll take a lick or two from her attitude and learn and improve.

Edited by Jextella, Mar 31, 2012 @ 8:06 PM.

Kstel78

Kstel78

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 1, 2012 @ 3:24 PM

April Fools???

Tweets
12h Aubrey O'Day ‏ @AubreyODay Reply Retweet Favorite Open
hope it's a girl! @LTMSYF15:let the celebrations begin. Going to be one amazing baby shower party! I'm so excited can't wait 2 meet Pasha.
Xo. @mariahjb: I'm so so so excited and happy for the beautiful @AubreyODay! You'll be an amazing and inspiring mama!
I have been too, but so ready to be a mommy! @charliejoelx: @AubreyODay woooooooow in shock !!! Congrats <3
hope so! @JrRomanMartinez: Congrats @AubreyODay On the Pregnancy ! :) May ur child be as amazing as u are!
13h Aubrey O'Day ‏ @AubreyODay Reply Retweet Favorite Open
Thank you! "@itserinnnn_: @AubreyODay Congratulations on your pregnancy!!! You'll be a great mom...
hope so. @BeeeestAS: @AubreyODay OMG! Congrats!!! The baby will be just as badass as you!
Ive been nervous to tell u this tweets, its been 3 1/2 months n hiding..But, I'm PREGNANT! Hope my baby is fearless! http://pic.twitter.com/RulO08ii

nospin

nospin

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 1, 2012 @ 11:57 PM

Aubrey got nicely smacked tonight - she is smart, creative, but boy, she is so annoying!

WileyCoyote

WileyCoyote

Fanatic

Posted Apr 2, 2012 @ 3:33 PM

Clearly the girl is a sociopath.

I admit she's got a kind of mad genius as an idea factory, but I'd slit my wrists if I had to be in the same room as her for more than an hour. She's got a laserbeam focus, and it all has to do with "Aubrey". Nothing else really exists in her mind, at least for more than the few seconds it takes to process how she can use someone else.

fivestone

fivestone

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 2, 2012 @ 4:57 PM

It's crazy, and I don't understand it, but lord help me, there's something endearing about this girl. Yes, the things she says sometimes are out of order (and sometimes, I do think they are misconstrued), but I think that underneath the hair and obnoxious behaviour is an insecure young girl. I feel bad for her, because I *do* see many good qualities within her... but I truly don't think she's a bad person, just an insecure one who needs a lot of attention and will do whatever she feels like she needs to in order to get it.

ReiMehari

ReiMehari

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 2, 2012 @ 8:30 PM

I'm reserving final judgment until the end, but at this moment, I like Aubrey. I didn't at first, but I do now. As I get older, I appreciate strong women. Aubrey is nothing if not that. I do think she is pretty smart - in general. She's just young. She'll take a lick or two from her attitude and learn and improve.

April fool's indeed!

Anyway, I think she deserved the verbal beat-down she got.

Caty

Caty

Fanatic

Posted Apr 3, 2012 @ 1:53 PM

I don't think Aubrey will return to CA after the beat down she received. She's lucky she wasn't in the same room as Arsenio Hall when he lost his shit especially if he were within reach of sharp objects. If Aubrey is as smart as she credits herself, she'd think twice before submitting herself to the brutal punishment she's only just barely tasted. And she isn't really that smart or strong. What's with all the tears! A strong woman can take as much as she dishes. A smart woman knows how much to dish from the outset. I won't miss this fake, grotesque freak and her absurd self aggrandizations. If she stays longer, it could hurt CA. Trump shouldn't allow this mess to linger any more than it has.

hatchlynn

hatchlynn

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 4, 2012 @ 8:50 AM

It's crazy, and I don't understand it, but lord help me, there's something endearing about this girl. Yes, the things she says sometimes are out of order (and sometimes, I do think they are misconstrued), but I think that underneath the hair and obnoxious behaviour is an insecure young girl. I feel bad for her, because I *do* see many good qualities within her... but I truly don't think she's a bad person, just an insecure one who needs a lot of attention and will do whatever she feels like she needs to in order to get it.

I might agree with you if she was "young girl" but she is not.
She is a 28 year old grown woman with years of experience in the world of show business.

At some point you have to take a good hard look at yourself and your behavior and I do not think she has done that even for one millisecond in her life. If she had she would alter how she presents herself.
This show is an enormous stage- almost a months long opportunity to show the world who you are and what you can do.
Well, Aubrey showed us all right- she took a golden opportunity to show her strengths in business and pissed all over them.

Caty

Caty

Fanatic

Posted Apr 4, 2012 @ 1:04 PM

I find nothing endearing about Aubrey. She came into the world during a period when cleverness, cunning, guile, ruthlessness, love of self, hamfisted determination to win at all cost was looked upon favorably. The concept of grace, respect, and loyalty is ridiculed.

When the movie Titanic was created 15 years ago, a scene was created where crew members armed against themselves against groups of rich privileged men who turned aside aside others for a lifeboat. In real life, this did not happen. In fact, honorable, more privileged men were willing to give their lives for the sake of the lower, more vulnerable members. But, if this were put on screen, the audience would laugh out loud, calling this BOGUS!

Aubrey and Lisa sadly portray what a lot of us have become - all just to win and make a name for ourselves. Thankfully, C.A. hasn't been all about that. Adam fell on his sword, Tia took responsibility for her team's loss, George T. gracious took a bow and bid his team well. Michael Andretti was fired because he didn't step up but he did just that by putting down several thousands of dollars to help his former team. That was amazing.

For all their brilliant ideas, concepts and creativity, Aubrey and Lisa simply just don't have a friggen clue!! And their presence in this show has been offensive to me from the onset and I hope C.A. doesn't allow the likes of these snakes from entering another C.A. contest .... for the sake of good TV. Because ... it wasn't.

Edited by Caty, Apr 4, 2012 @ 1:08 PM.

fivestone

fivestone

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 4, 2012 @ 5:31 PM

I might agree with you if she was "young girl" but she is not.
She is a 28 year old grown woman with years of experience in the world of show business.

I know she's not a young girl, but I think it's like all that inner child mumbo gumbo... emotionally, she's somehow stunted - she's in her teens, tops, emotionally. Some people take more time than others to mature and I guess she's still working on her process. I just don't buy her being evil or sociopathic. She's immature and needs to grow up, but she's got her good points.

astaire

astaire

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 6, 2012 @ 3:20 AM

Aubrey's "mouth piece" is one reason why she was fired from Danity Kane.

Aubrey O'day Fighting For Danity Kane

Aubrey Vs Diddy