S12: Dayana Mendoza

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

40 replies to this topic

wragged2

wragged2

Channel Surfer

Posted Jan 5, 2012 @ 2:00 AM

Dayana Mendoza
Miss Universe 2008
Caracas, VE
Latino Commission on AIDS

https://twitter.com/#!/Daayaanaa

Meet Dayana Mendoza

Edited by wragged2, Jan 7, 2012 @ 6:35 PM.

misterbfd

misterbfd

Fanatic

Posted Mar 19, 2012 @ 6:12 PM

Clearly this woman is here for Trump eye candy purposes, and the fact that he owns her pageant.

Blech.

Caty

Caty

Fanatic

Posted Mar 20, 2012 @ 3:45 PM

Dayana won't last much longer. She will never end up amongst the final four - that is for certain. She's a vision of beauty no doubt and Trump will take care of her in the aftermath of this show. But she's a scatter brain, a light weight in creativity and intellect. However, her boldness and self confidence is 'genius' and it does help that she's won the ultimate contest any female could ever enter.

EndoKE

EndoKE

Fanatic

Posted Mar 22, 2012 @ 12:58 PM

I prefer watching Dayana than watching horrible Lisa what's her name. At least Dayana seems like a decent person.

Caty

Caty

Fanatic

Posted Apr 4, 2012 @ 12:35 AM

Dayana is quite tough and resilient without resorting to nastiness (hear that Lisa?) She takes all those board room knockdowns in stride, never losing her elegance and grace. And The Donald, he likey, he likes this a lot. Look, its not about the big ideas smideas, My this MY that! (hear that Lisa??) In the end, the winner needs to be someone very LIKEABLE. Dayana sure as heck is that! I'm very fond of her, and I'm happy she survived so far.

Jumelle

Jumelle

Fanatic

Posted Apr 4, 2012 @ 9:01 AM

I actually think Dayana is quite smart. Her manners and her more quiet delivery of ideas, along with having to do some translating before voicing them should be taken into account. Just because the shrews keep screaming that she's stupid and they have all the ideas doesn't make it true, they just ignore or shout down everyone else. Dayana has rightly pointed out several key mistakes that the sponsors have mentioned as reasons her team lost. She also was the one who came up with the main idea of the winning guidebook this past episode, with no credit given by Lisa.

Caty

Caty

Fanatic

Posted Apr 4, 2012 @ 12:40 PM

Dayana also went against Dee's expressions in the advertisement back drop, the sneezing, spitting... YUK! She said these were negative words, and no matter that they were representing a drug store for these irritations, she knew the execs would hate it. And she was right, Dee didn't listen, neither did Lisa, and poom, Dee's ass is canned. Dayana never had a chance amongst the viperous shrews. But these shrews are wedged between high testosterones with iron fists beneath their kid gloves. Dayana has never allowed her own selfishness, hubris and ego get in anyone's way. She's already garnered the ultimate prize of being crowned Ms. Universe, so pfffffft, if these vipers want to scratch her eyes out for CA, well .... But The Donald isn't as stupid as Lisa, Debbie and Aubrey think he is with their pussy whips.

backformore

backformore

Fanatic

Posted Apr 16, 2012 @ 12:40 AM

I never heard of Dayana before this show, but I continue to be impressed with her. She kept her poise longer than most women would have been able to, being subjected to Lisa Lump-a-Nasty' horrid attitude. The anti-Hispanic remarks lisa has made are over the top, and this week she had to add some digs about "vapid models." And Dayana did not scream back at her, she showed class and restraint.

Compare Dayana's parody of Lisa crying in the boardroom, to anything lisa has done. Dayana is the more talented comedian.

Edited by backformore, Apr 16, 2012 @ 12:42 AM.

Caty

Caty

Fanatic

Posted Apr 16, 2012 @ 4:47 PM

I hope there will be a showdown in the boardroom between Dayana and Lisa. And Lisa has a complete expletive-aced meltdown, when all you could see of her repulsive yap is the fuzzy blurr. Meanwhile Ms. Universe stoically sits back in her chair. And then Trump aims his finger directly towards Fuglisa and says "You're fired!"

IndigoGlass

IndigoGlass

Just Tuned In

Posted Apr 16, 2012 @ 10:10 PM

Dayana impresses me more and more every week. What a classy, lovely lady. I hope Lisa sees the footage of herself and has wild regret. She is a horrible person.

SunFun

SunFun

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 17, 2012 @ 11:17 AM

Agree with all of the above. I like her.

mlp

mlp

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 18, 2012 @ 12:32 AM

I just happened to stumble upon a video of Dayana cooking with Chef Fabio. He asks her what she's up to and she says she's making CA and it's quite an experience. She really is poised and lovely.

http://screen.yahoo....e-28872492.html

BionicBigJames

BionicBigJames

Channel Surfer

• Interests:Gadgets, computers & anything techie, especially the latest & greatest in technology; Reading (mostly Fantasy & its subgenres & Sci-Fi; Animal welfare; Spending time with my husband, dog, family & friends; Traveling; Indulging in my favorite TV shows & then reading what people have to say about them here on the TWoP Forums...love the snark! :-)

Posted Apr 18, 2012 @ 1:34 AM

Dayana has more class on her pinky finger compared to that bitter excuse for a human being that is Lisa. I don't think I could ever have the composure she sustains during the mad cow's constant berating. She has proven time and time again that she not dim. Also, she has raised a good bit of money from her contacts. Isn't that the point of Celebrity Apprentice. Lisa & Aubrey would have us believe that you have no worth if you aren't incredibly creative as they are (which is entirely subjective), but as the previous seasons have shown, having contacts is just as important, if not more. I have failed to see Aubrey bring in any money.

madfortv

madfortv

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 18, 2012 @ 3:17 AM

I don't see that Lisa and Aubrey have any more creativity than the others. They are loud, demanding and bossy. Dayana made some good suggestions along the way that might have saved her teams had they listened to her.

LennieB

LennieB

Fanatic

Posted Apr 23, 2012 @ 6:43 PM

Before and After.

Jon N

Jon N

Fanatic

• Interests:Sleeping<br />Painting (too bad don't have the time)<br />Fashion

Posted Apr 23, 2012 @ 7:15 PM

It's weird, it says new breasts, but there was no picture of her 'old' breasts. But if that's true, she has a nose job, okay, it's pretty common. A lot of people got cosmetic surgery, Clay Aiken did too.

angelita100

angelita100

Fanatic

Posted Apr 23, 2012 @ 9:40 PM

There's surgery and then there's surgery. She doesn't look like she gets chopped up every week and can't move parts of her face. She's gorgeous.

hamsammich229

hamsammich229

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 26, 2012 @ 9:35 AM

That article is obnoxious. Every picture's caption mentioned that she had plastic surgery. It felt shoehorned in. I feel like they were implying that she wouldn't have won without the surgery.

spankydoll

spankydoll

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 29, 2012 @ 10:50 PM

I wouldn't call her dumb exactly. She just has absolutely no awareness of how limited she is in many areas. She also doesn't realize that lying about things that she did and said on a reality show will be revealed by the footage. Duh. I hope that she marries well and that her boob job holds up for many, many years.

KyteRunner

KyteRunner

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 29, 2012 @ 10:50 PM

I suspect that if Clay didn't have his professional teaching background to fall on, he might have gone Lisa on her too. They only showed him yelling at her the one time. The rest of the time, you can see him working through his frustrations and trying to deal with her in a fair way.

She really should have stepped aside and let Lisa or Clay lead as PM.

llcoolray3000

llcoolray3000

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 30, 2012 @ 12:27 AM

Spankydoll, what did Dayana lie about?

WileyCoyote

WileyCoyote

Fanatic

Posted Apr 30, 2012 @ 3:59 AM

The problem is that in Dayanna, Clay confused cultural and language differences with someone being a "special Ed" case. Bad Clay, bad.

She came off as comedically and ridiculously unaware of a lot of stuff this episode. But it all makes sense in context with those language and cultural differences. Clay not realizing that, and basically referring to her AS IF she was a Special Ed kid speaks more about him than it does her.

alegtostandon

alegtostandon

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 30, 2012 @ 4:40 AM

What a class act! IMO, Dayana managed to make both Lisa and Clay very small and petty.

As mentioned by someone else, to compare Dayana to a special needs child because of the language barrier is disgusting. I thought it was cute when Dayana was trying to understand how the "Jingle" they were doing had anything to do with "Jingle Bells".

I would love, Just LOVE, to see Lisa be sent to Venezuela to be on a TV game show that speaks no English, then have someone screaming and cursing at her, calling her horrible, uncalled for names, because she does not have full understanding of the language.

spankydoll

spankydoll

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 30, 2012 @ 8:46 AM

She was just throwing out a bunch of nonsensical random ideas so that she could say that she participated. That's dumb. And she lied about Lisa being loud. She wasn't. She's been in the boardroom time after time for good reason. Using a language barrier as an excuse is pathetic.

va_1587

va_1587

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 30, 2012 @ 10:25 AM

In Clay's blog, he says that he talked to Dayana and she said that when she called Lisa "loud" she meant that Lisa was a strong player. That makes sense. I've seen Dayana searching for the right word to use before on the show and I don't think she's faking that need to search for the right word. It's her second language. I'm impressed that she's as fluent as she is.

I do wonder if Dayana stopped trying to find the exact right words with Lisa, though -- and I wouldn't blame Dayana for not putting as much effort with Lisa anymore. There is so much bad blood between them. Lisa has been completely out of line in how she's treated Dayana from day 1, but think I can see where Dayana would get on someone's nerves and rub them the wrong way.

And Clay definitely wasn't comparing Dayana to a special education student -- just that he needed that much patience during this task. Which makes perfect sense, because he's stuck in the middle of Dayana and Lisa with no one to help him play mediator anymore, and it must have been frustrating not being able to be the PM on a task which was so suited to him.

Edited by va_1587, Apr 30, 2012 @ 10:25 AM.

heydude08

heydude08

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 30, 2012 @ 11:28 AM

Dayana...Lisa. The comparison in "class" is a no-brainer. Dayana is not dumb, just at a disadvantage because of culture and language. How can Lisa sit in the boardroom in front of the Trumps and on national TV, and use the kind of language that she does????!!!! That is the epitome of stupidity!!

llcoolray3000

llcoolray3000

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 30, 2012 @ 12:37 PM

Spanky, she did misspeak, but she didn't lie. Lisa blew up in her face (got loud fittingly enough) and stormed out before she could understand why Lisa was so mad and explain herself. Then when Lisa came back, she tried to explain that she didn't use the right word, but Lisa kept cutting her off and called her a bitch.

fivestone

fivestone

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 30, 2012 @ 2:53 PM

I agree with everyone bringing up the cultural and language difference. It's awesome to hear that other people /get/ how frustrating it can be to participate in intense situations (like The Apprentice) that aren't in a person's native language... particularly when they've only known the language for 2 or 3 years.

I'm pretty fluent in my second language and understand the culture, and I still have my off moments in which I choose the wrong word or misunderstand a cultural concept. Most times people are understanding, but occasionally I've had the odd person who thinks I'm being a jerk when I don't quite understand something. Because I'm pretty capable with the language, it feels like they assume that I'm faking not understanding or that I'm purposely being rude. I think a lot of that was happening here with Dayana, a lot of Lisa assuming, 'Well, you speak and understand English, therefore you absolutely understand the words you're choosing and there's no point in you trying to clarify yourself, because you were obviously trying to be rude and lie/insult me/etc.'

I also think that the point was missed when Dayana kept saying that she wasn't respected. I think she was more saying that Clay and especially Lisa refused to give her basic human respect, common decency that you should show to even a child, to anyone, regardless of their position and station in life. Respecting someone as a leader is something extra on top of that. Like, even if they thought she was a cancer on the team and didn't want to use her ideas, they could have calmly said, 'Dayana, we don't like your ideas and we think this will go better without you. Lisa and I will sit over here in a corner and work on the project.' There's a way to accomplish things without screaming and cursing and namecalling - I think that's the point Dayana wanted to make.

Asari

Asari

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 30, 2012 @ 8:15 PM

That so many people who come from a wide variety of backgrounds had chronic problems with Dayana tells me Dayana's problem isn't language or culture but that she's an obnoxious passive-aggressive pain in the ass.

People had tried to be diplomatic and respectful to her but it went in one ear and out the other over and over and over again and when someone finally snaps and yells, Dayana whines that they're being disrespectful to her. Please. Dayana is a professional victim.

Good riddance to that whiny idiot.

Jextella

Jextella

Fanatic

Posted May 1, 2012 @ 1:25 AM

I don't think Dayana is whiny or an idiot. I hate to bring looks into it, but I'd wager money that Dayana has never had to dig deeper than her face and body to make her way in life. She's never had to develop some of the human interaction skills the rest of the world has had to. This doesn't make her dumb. It only makes her unskilled in that area.

Lisa is the inverse of Dayana - She is someone who had to rely soley on intelligence and peeople skills to make it in life. That was a relationship of oil and water. I really did't care who went home but I'm glad one of them did. Whew. It was getting to be too much.

I'd be curious to see how Dayana would have done in this competition had Lisa not been around.