S12: Lisa Lampanelli

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

95 replies to this topic

Unanimous

Unanimous

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 8, 2012 @ 1:15 PM

eraser: I thought that Lisa's joke at Clay's expense was one of the most hideous things I've heard in a long time. She's not just an "insult comedian" or "mean", she's far worse than that.

At first I thought that Lisa was just doing her comedic schtick on the show, but now it's devolved into something totally not funny and much darker. It's also extended to her comments off the show and her hatred for Dayana has led her to make comments that should be universally unacceptable. In a radio interview, Lisa said this:

I actually would love to see [Dayana] giving birth. Shes a s**c! shes going to do it f***ing soon, anyway. Shell be knocked up before the end of the week.

to which Dayana responded this:

I understand that its Lisas job to make fun of people for a living, Dayana tells us. If poking fun at me can help her sell tickets to her shows, no problem, I am happy to help her put food on her table. However, when she uses racial slurs, she is not only targeting myself, but degrading an entire hispanic culture.

http://www.hollywood...t-attack-video/

I honestly don't get how Lisa can expect to use racial epithets and homophobic slurs and just fall back on "I'm a nice person, so it's OK". You can't tell me that if she used the "N" word in reference to Arsenio that would be "OK" too. There are many in the gay community who intensely dislike Lisa and believe that she supports gay charities simply to placate the GLBT community and "buy" the acceptance of her homophobic slurs in her comedy act. Especially in light of the recent suicides of GBLT youths in response to bullying and taunting, Lisa needs to seriously re-evaluate her act and her behavior outside of her act. As someone said above, truly nice people would never say that things that she does, and the racial and homophobic slurs go way over the line and are simply unacceptable and there should be zero tolerance for them.

Crucial

Crucial

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 8, 2012 @ 3:47 PM

Lisa is just a disgusting piece of garbage and I really hope she's called out of her crap this time. I came into this with an open mind but she's truly just a piece of garbage. I'm glad she's been edited this way (and I really think this is truly herself). Before she leaves I really, really hope The Donald leets up see the total smack down she deserves on her way out.

RealityTivo

RealityTivo

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 8, 2012 @ 8:08 PM

I used to like her, but after today's episode, just in the first 7 minutes, I have grown to dislike her tremendously. While I think Arsenio's rant against Aubrey was a little over the top, for Lisa to come out and chastise him for using "whore" and "bitch" is just the epitome of hypocrisy. And then for her to call out Lou and Dyana for having "5 brain cells between them" is just as bad, if not worse, than what Arsenio did.

She's a piece of garbage.

TelevisionMary

TelevisionMary

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 8, 2012 @ 10:18 PM

Yeah but why does she continually have more comedy shows? Apparently, she has an audience. I like her! Yes I know she has said some eye-opening things, but I'm not politically correct, and so I don't feel also sorry for Lou nor do I give him a pass just because he is deaf. If you are a jerk, you are a jerk period! I refuse to be politically correct and try to give Lou and pity party and his alleged "I give 110% percent!" I love that Lisa said what we all are thinking, at least the true criticisms of Lou and others. The only thing I disagree with Lisa is how she sticks up for Aubrey and does not call Aubrey out on her shenanigans. But this is Lisa's topic, so to everyone who dislikes Lisa, how come she is so popular? And she still has many comedy shows to do? Just look at her itinerary. She is not hurting for work.

diorella78

diorella78

Fanatic

Posted Apr 8, 2012 @ 11:00 PM

Yeah but why does she continually have more comedy shows? Apparently, she has an audience.

with 'comedy' like this:

I actually would love to see [Dayana] giving birth. Shes a s**c! shes going to do it f***ing soon, anyway. Shell be knocked up before the end of the week.

I am sad she has an audience. racial epitaphs are not ok and I am gobsmacked the 's' word is actually still used. I mean, seriously? Lisa is an ignorant bitch and ugly in every way imaginable.

Jextella

Jextella

Fanatic

Posted Apr 8, 2012 @ 11:11 PM

I've gone back and forth about Lisa and Aubrey but after tonight's episode, I've made my mind up about each.

Lisa responds to people in the same crass and hurtful way that a playground bully does, i.e. saying mean and hurtful things because she can. Playground bullies are bullies for a reason - something's not right on the home front. Same with Lisa. I think she is very insecure. In addition, I don't think she handles stress very well.

She seems well-liked by her peers so I'm going out on a limb to suggest she might be a decent person in real life. I just don't think this show/competition is a good fit for her.

This is unfortunate and her career may suffer as a result. I'm anxious to see how her relationship with Aubrey plays out. Aubrey seems to have finally got it in her head that she coming off as a know-it-all and the "I" in "TEAM" doesn't do her any good.

LennieB

LennieB

Fanatic

Posted Apr 9, 2012 @ 8:17 AM

Lisa said for the record that Arsenio threatened Aubrey, not simply called her unsavory names (including the "c" word, so perhaps Aubrey should have replied to him with the "n" word as quid pro quo?).

Lisa Lampanelli may be many things and most of them unpleasant, but IMO "liar" isn't one of them.

Edited by LennieB, Apr 9, 2012 @ 8:19 AM.

diorella78

diorella78

Fanatic

Posted Apr 9, 2012 @ 11:27 AM

Lisa said for the record that Arsenio threatened Aubrey, not simply called her unsavory names (including the "c" word, so perhaps Aubrey should have replied to him with the "n" word as quid pro quo?).

I don't think there's any reason to stoop to that same low level, and if she had responded with that word she'd likely be an entertainment and social pariah and she knows it. Two wrongs don't make anything right. The fact that that word, as well as the slur Lisa used against Dayana recently (above) still exist in vocabulary makes me ill.

PinkScooter

PinkScooter

Just Tuned In

Posted Apr 9, 2012 @ 12:07 PM

I originally liked her when I saw her on talk shows and Comics Unleashed, but I've grown to dislike her more and more each week. The way she was so mean and ugly last night was the topper.
I think the stress of the competition is getting to her, and she looks like she's gained a lot of weight because of it. It sickened me the way she made mincemeat out of Lou.
She's vile.

goofygirl

goofygirl

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 9, 2012 @ 2:10 PM

I USED to think she was funny but after seeing her week in and week out just dissing people, she's starting to get on my last nerve. She DOES seem like a big old bully!! Seems to me that the Trumpster would start to get the picture about her and all that "work" she does..... Not very successful in the task department. She's always a LOSER!

petramom

petramom

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 9, 2012 @ 5:18 PM

The thing that bothers me the most about Lisa's comments on Apprentice is that they're not funny. My tolerance for inappropriate statements is strongly influenced by whether they make me laugh. And by that standard, everything Lisa says is intolerably inappropriate. How is it that an insult comic cannot find anything comedic to say about people she's insulting? She's really just an insulter.

Edited by petramom, Apr 9, 2012 @ 5:20 PM.

WileyCoyote

WileyCoyote

Fanatic

Posted Apr 9, 2012 @ 6:01 PM

Aubrey seems to have finally got it in her head that she coming off as a know-it-all and the "I" in "TEAM" doesn't do her any good.

Aubrey got told that by Ivanka--it wasn't her own conclusion.

I don't think the little twit has learned a thing.

As far as Lisa goes? Previews for next week suggest that she hasn't learned a thing either.

Kstel78

Kstel78

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 9, 2012 @ 7:22 PM

When Lady GaGa came out with her own perfume she described it as smelling like blood and semen. Lisa L tweeted that " If I want to smell blood and semen I'll just punch Clay Aiken in the mouth".

I want to know how that isn't mean or how it isn't personal.

when did she tweet that?

LennieB

LennieB

Fanatic

Posted Apr 9, 2012 @ 7:33 PM

And yet Clay seems okay with all her jokes.

Kstel78

Kstel78

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 9, 2012 @ 7:50 PM

I guess we'll have to see AFTER these episodes air who will STAY friends.

msladybird

msladybird

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 9, 2012 @ 8:07 PM

I have no words to describe how much she repulses me. I've never heard of her before this and hope never to again.
She's a classless, foul mouthed, humourless bitch who wouldn't know the meaning of decency if it slapped her in the face.
Lou is irritating and narcissistic in the extreme, plus delusional. I would hate to have to work with him. But nothing he ( or Diyannah) has done, excuses the treatment from this vile piece of shit. She makes me ashamed to be a woman.

And people pay to see her shows? I'm truly gobsmacked!

Edited by msladybird, Apr 9, 2012 @ 8:16 PM.

bumblehare74

bumblehare74

Fanatic

Posted Apr 10, 2012 @ 2:31 AM

If Lisa isn't booted from the show sooner rather than later, I am afraid that I will have to stop watching this season. I don't like playing the: "Take my ball and go home." card, but watching her verbally rip people to shreds just isn't enjoyable. No contestant on this show deserves to be treated the way she has treated them. This season just isn't fun anymore, and it has become a chore for me just to watch it.

I firmly believe that one of the main reasons that Lisa's team has lost so many times in the boardroom is a direct result of Lisa's attitude. Who in the world would even attempt to bring up ideas with her around, at the risk of being publicly humiliated on national TV? That environment isn't constructive or healthy. And how many team members have cozied up to Lisa just to avoid her wrath? I would think quite a few.

I can understand why her stand up act might have some popularity to it. I refuse to call it comedy, because I just don't think verbally destroying people is funny. I think she plays into the: "My life may suck, but at least I am not him or her.", crowd.

LennieB

LennieB

Fanatic

Posted Apr 10, 2012 @ 7:31 AM

For the participants, the show is already over, but for one night. And Clay and Lisa seem still to be friends, her "jokes" notwithstanding (he even sent her his initial...Tweet).

The "Lady Gaga perfume" Tweet was a while ago, so Clay didn't need to view these episodes to be aware of Lisa's "style."

Edited by LennieB, Apr 10, 2012 @ 7:32 AM.

PinkScooter

PinkScooter

Just Tuned In

Posted Apr 10, 2012 @ 2:13 PM

A good comic can laugh at themselves. Lisa is a humorless hagarella!

WileyCoyote

WileyCoyote

Fanatic

Posted Apr 10, 2012 @ 6:55 PM

A good comic can laugh at themselves. Lisa is a humorless hagarella!

That was the core of my argument elsewhere that she's no Don Rickles, even though she's compared to him. Rickles' humor on the surface is also about racial slurs, stereotypes and often just saying mean stuff. But HE'S ultimately the butt of most of his own jokes--there's a vibe to everything he says which comes off as "look, I am acting like a buffoon for you!" Lisa, on the other hand? No. There's no sense she sees herself as the ultimate target of the humor.

Wanton Down

Wanton Down

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 12, 2012 @ 4:23 PM

I like Lisa, and I'm glad that she ripped Lou "110%" Ferigno a new one. What a stupid, lazy, useless waste of space that fuck was.

angelita100

angelita100

Fanatic

Posted Apr 12, 2012 @ 9:28 PM

I hate this woman. Thankfully once this show ends I will never have to see or hear from her again.

Kstel78

Kstel78

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 12, 2012 @ 11:12 PM

I hate this woman. Thankfully once this show ends I will never have to see or hear from her again.

Ditto! I imagine you saw the recent preview?

Resmudge

Resmudge

Fanatic

Posted Apr 13, 2012 @ 9:57 AM

I haven't seen a preview yet, but I'm going to guess it involves Lisa raging about how she's the only one with any bleeping creative ability, how she does more bleeping work than anyone else, how bleeping Dayanna is bleeping stupid and useless, followed by her team losing the task, and ultimately, Lisa in the boardroom crying.

madfortv

madfortv

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 14, 2012 @ 8:02 AM

Notice how Lisa played Dayana when Dayana was PM. How do you think Lisa will treat Dayana next week when Dayana is not the PM.

Hag

Hag

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 14, 2012 @ 11:15 AM

Lisa doesn't seem to think she's the best or the most creative. She gives credit to Penn and this week to Dayana. She always includes herself in "the best" category, too. I never thought her praise of Penn was just kissing ass ... but this week, when she credited Dayana for her organizational brilliance, I was a bit skeptical. I wonder if it's just strategy; hoping that by kissing ass she wouldn't get taken to the boardroom. The look on Aubrey's face when Lisa was praising Dayana was priceless. I'm anticipating a smackdown of Lisa by Aubrey in some snarky way. I'm neither fan nor foe of Lisa. Her ranting doesn't seem all that different from what others on CA have done. It's just that she does it openly and not in snarky interviews.

amelia7196

amelia7196

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 15, 2012 @ 8:04 PM

I hope Lisa watches herself on this and realizes what an obnoxious, loud, loser she comes off as.

Bigwheels1971

Bigwheels1971

Fanatic

• Interests:Reading (especially mysteries & autobiographies), acting, swimming, listening to music, the Internet

Posted Apr 15, 2012 @ 10:34 PM

After watching this episode, I'm torn on the Dayanna/Lisa dynamic. On the one hand, it seems like Lisa resents Dayanna for breathing, practically. I truly don't understand the venom Lisa has for her, and no question in my mind, she's verbally abusive towards her. On the other hand, I don't really see people defending Dayanna either, so I wonder if maybe they agree with Lisa's general sentiments (a weak player in the context of the show) but because she's so mean (and again, abusive) towards her that nobody else wants to pile on Dayanna because they feel sorry for the disgusting way she is being treated? Or is Lisa just so toxic that it's easier just to ignore her and/or quit, like Tia & Cheryl seemed to do?

I do think it's telling that the only two people who seem to get along with Lisa & Aubrey are each other.

Edited by Bigwheels1971, Apr 16, 2012 @ 12:59 AM.

Kstel78

Kstel78

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 15, 2012 @ 11:38 PM

Why did Lisa expect Penn and Clay to jump onto her side?

backformore

backformore

Fanatic

Posted Apr 15, 2012 @ 11:41 PM

Lisa really bothered me with her anti-Latino remarks tonight. I understand insult humor, but this was straight out bigotry.