S12: Arsenio Hall

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

42 replies to this topic

wragged2

wragged2

Channel Surfer

Posted Jan 5, 2012 @ 1:54 AM

Arsenio Hall
Comedian & Actor
Cleveland, OH
Magic Johnson Foundation

https://twitter.com/#!/ArsenioOFFICIAL

Meet Arsenio Hall

Edited by wragged2, Jan 7, 2012 @ 6:42 PM.

Val3976

Val3976

Channel Surfer

Posted Feb 24, 2012 @ 7:36 PM

I was sooo happy to see Arsenio. His late night talk show was the highlight of my 90's! I can't believe he is 55! Wow. Time flies.

WileyCoyote

WileyCoyote

Fanatic

Posted Mar 5, 2012 @ 9:14 AM

I have to say I've been impressed by how funny Arsenio has been, off-the-cuff, on this. I was never a fan of his show (I don't think he was a very good interviewer, for example), but I DO hope doing T.A. nets him some work.

Jextella

Jextella

Fanatic

Posted Mar 9, 2012 @ 3:18 PM

I too adore Arsenio and hope this show does good things for him. He has a very unique way about him.

Authentically kind, gracious, and pleasant. Penn said it best. It's hard to look bad next to Arsenio. He seems to bring out the best in those around him.

I always say that every person walks the earth with a special unique gift. This is Arsenio's.

I kind of love the dignity of the male team so far - What a great group.

Edited by Jextella, Mar 9, 2012 @ 3:21 PM.

Caty

Caty

Fanatic

Posted Apr 4, 2012 @ 12:51 AM

Whoa! What's happened to this guy?? It is only too obvious that Aubrey does not bring out the best in Arsenio and I'm sure I would have reacted against her also. But, he went too far. This other side he revealed of himself scared the crap out of Teresa, a NJ Italian girl at that and his lack of cool did not impress. But at least he got it out of his system, this poison that Aubrey sets on him.

hatchlynn

hatchlynn

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 4, 2012 @ 8:41 AM

Arsenio was completely justified in going after Aubrey.
You can only take so much for so long and then it comes out- he was provoked and mightily so.
The boardroom was not too bad, but I felt like when they got back to the room he was discharging energy and having difficulty coming down off of all the emotion.
I was worried that he was going to stroke out though.

AladdinSane

AladdinSane

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 8, 2012 @ 5:15 PM

Posted Image

I remembered this era and that he and J Leno had a falling out.

Its odd that J Leno is still going and Arsenio is a "Where are they now"?

Edited by AladdinSane, Apr 8, 2012 @ 5:18 PM.

Jextella

Jextella

Fanatic

Posted Apr 8, 2012 @ 8:27 PM

Bring back Arsenio over Jay any day of the week. I have no stomach for Jay Leno. His humor NEVER did it for me. I don't understand how he's lasted on the Tonight Show for so long.

LennieB

LennieB

Fanatic

Posted Apr 9, 2012 @ 8:21 AM

I don't see why Arsenio should be off-limits to criticism, as he has slandered, exploded in anger, cursed, wept, connived, and fake-apologized with the best of them.

As far as that magazine cover up-thread? Right. MAYBE if the word "kick" were changed to "kiss."

Hag

Hag

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 14, 2012 @ 11:23 AM

I was really sorry to see Arsenio back-pedal about Aubrey. He seemed to be seeking her approval when he was trying to make up with her. I don't think she has seen the light at all; she's keeping mum a little more than usual, but it isn't because she has changed her attitude. as for Arsenio, he seemed to get that how he blew up at her last week was wrong. I thought he seemed genuinely chagrined at his anger. I just hope he doesn't continue to delude himself that they are friends or on friendly terms. Her talking head about her disdain for him says it all.

musical

musical

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 14, 2012 @ 12:16 PM

Interesting tweet!

Arsenio Hall ‏ @ArsenioOFFICIAL
When you find out, in detail, about the egregious behavior I am being subjected to behind the scene, my harsh language will be forgiven.

Edited by musical, Apr 14, 2012 @ 12:22 PM.

JH1982

JH1982

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 14, 2012 @ 1:22 PM

I like Arsenio. I think he felt bad about his outrage in the WR about Aubray and wanted to make amends. He did go too far, but you can only take so much of that back-stabbing, bullying behavior. I do not think he is stupid enough to think that the ass that is Aubray even cared that he apologized. He has class and decency. She doesn't even know what those words mean.

cupFloweR

cupFloweR

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 17, 2012 @ 10:33 PM

I never would have guessed that he is 55 years old! And Arsenio may not be so "well known" or whatever like Leno..but his name sure is. I never knew anything about him but I knew the name "Arsenio Hall" whenever someone says Arsenio I always say, Hall even though I have never seen or heard his work. He's a household name.

And I love him! I am so glad he was on this show because I support him. And back to his rage on Aubrey..MUCH DESERVED! I am a female and I am sick and tired of people saying that a man cannot call a girl a bitch when she IS BEING ONE. Yes, it is disrespectful but she does not deserve his respect.

WileyCoyote

WileyCoyote

Fanatic

Posted Apr 23, 2012 @ 1:02 AM

The "let me put my vagina on the back of yo' neck" quote was funny... but I also bet it got a lot of people thinking "dirty old man" too!

angelita100

angelita100

Fanatic

Posted Apr 23, 2012 @ 2:09 AM

Honestly Arsenio doesn't look that old. It's like he's been in a freezer for the last 20 years.

hamsammich229

hamsammich229

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 23, 2012 @ 9:03 AM

He always looks like he has lipstick on. It's disconcerting.

Jextella

Jextella

Fanatic

Posted Apr 23, 2012 @ 3:04 PM

He always looks like he has lipstick on. It's disconcerting.

That's it!

His lips rise far from his teeth. I wonder if he has to wear lip balm form moisture that his lips don't normally get!

Babalooie

Babalooie

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 23, 2012 @ 3:13 PM

He looks to me like he may be ill.

Caty

Caty

Fanatic

Posted Apr 23, 2012 @ 4:15 PM

His remarks about Aubrey's vagina warming the back of his head reminded me of his nickname: Arsehall

MelissaSusan

MelissaSusan

Channel Surfer

Posted May 5, 2012 @ 7:42 PM

Just watched him on Bill Mahr last night and remembered how much I miss him. I hope he comes back to do the full panel. He was funny and current. I wish that personality had shown up more on CA. He talked mostly about the anniversary of the LA riots.

Hag

Hag

Loyal Viewer

Posted May 6, 2012 @ 12:48 AM

Why oh why does he persist in kowtowing to Aubrey? His talking heads about "keeping her happy" in the jingle episode just made me ill. He is so cowed by her, it's depressing. She's such a smug little queen bee, I can't stand watching her.

coledaddy

coledaddy

Just Tuned In

Posted May 6, 2012 @ 2:03 PM

I think he is playing very smart. He is letting Aubrey do her thang - and if it works, all is good. If it doesn't work, then she has just hung herself. Very smart on his part to sit back and win either way.

Caty

Caty

Fanatic

Posted May 8, 2012 @ 1:25 PM

It would be all kinds of interesting if the Finale was between Aubrey and Arsenio. A real test indeed, and we KNOW that DT truly admires, loves and respects Arsenio and it would be so great to see Aubrey practically eviserating herself, and everyone else not of her calibre, for the CA 'crown'.

Jextella

Jextella

Fanatic

Posted May 9, 2012 @ 11:56 PM

OK. I was traveling to DC today and they made a boarding announcement for "Norwegia".

no lie.

SunFun

SunFun

Loyal Viewer

Posted May 15, 2012 @ 1:19 PM

I don't know if it's how he's being edited, but he seems much better than I expected on this final task. Less goofy acting, too.

LennieB

LennieB

Fanatic

Posted May 16, 2012 @ 8:38 PM

Apparently, "kowtowing to Aubrey" ended on today's "The View."

tv after work

tv after work

Channel Surfer

Posted May 16, 2012 @ 9:15 PM

Apparently, "kowtowing to Aubrey" ended on today's "The View."[

Oh my, not too smart from either of them.

Edited by tv after work, May 16, 2012 @ 9:17 PM.

Caty

Caty

Fanatic

Posted May 16, 2012 @ 11:00 PM

Arsenio does not seem to want the CA as much as Clay, but, eh, I could be wrong. If he reeeally wanted to win, he'd keep his trap shut about these off color, racy topics and clean up his language as it is not becoming for an apprentice. DT loves Arsenio but he does go off on his wild tangents and this will be weighed against him.

Clay is smarter with the manner by which he persents himself at all times and his polite speech. All very good PR on himself, true Southern Beau.

And so, my bet is on Clay. And I pray for the TV Gods to grant Arsenio is own brand new TV show.

Edited by Caty, May 16, 2012 @ 11:04 PM.

Virginia Plain

Virginia Plain

Couch Potato

Posted May 17, 2012 @ 4:10 AM

Arsenio does not seem to want the CA as much as Clay, but, eh, I could be wrong. If he reeeally wanted to win, he'd keep his trap shut about these off color, racy topics and clean up his language as it is not becoming for an apprentice.

That didn't seem to stop Joan Rivers.

Bookworm06

Bookworm06

Fanatic

Posted May 17, 2012 @ 7:38 AM

Here's what I'd like to see.

I want Clay Aiken to win Celebrity Apprentice.

I want Arsenio Hall to get a talk show. And I want him to have Clay as his first guest.