S12: Teresa Giudice

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

28 replies to this topic

wragged2

wragged2

Channel Surfer

Posted Jan 5, 2012 @ 1:51 AM

Teresa Giudice
Real Housewife of NJ
Paterson, NJ
The NephCure Foundation

https://twitter.com/#!/Teresa_Giudice

Meet Teresa Giudice

Edited by wragged2, Jan 7, 2012 @ 6:40 PM.

soymilk

soymilk

Fanatic

Posted Jan 5, 2012 @ 1:44 PM

Keep her away from all tables! For those not in the know. She is a trainwreck.

wragged2

wragged2

Channel Surfer

Posted Jan 5, 2012 @ 6:47 PM

Is her last name the Italian version of Judas?

Darbar

Darbar

Fanatic

Posted Jan 5, 2012 @ 6:55 PM

She used to pronounce her name like Judas, but now, for whatever reason, they changed it to Jew-d-Che. Pronounce it however, she's awful and her husband is probably headed to prison. Trump really brought on D listers for his show.

wragged2

wragged2

Channel Surfer

Posted Jan 5, 2012 @ 7:02 PM

D-listers? I'd be curious to know the definition. I'm not a fan but I know she has a huge following.

LennieB

LennieB

Fanatic

Posted Jan 5, 2012 @ 9:13 PM

"Jew-d-Che" is the correct Italian pronunciation; "Judiss" was a weird Anglicization.
It is Italian for "judge" (as in "judicial"

D-List U.

Edited by LennieB, Jan 5, 2012 @ 9:19 PM.

WileyCoyote

WileyCoyote

Fanatic

Posted Mar 5, 2012 @ 9:23 AM

Shockingly, 3 eps in, she's been well mannered, polite, calm--she even hasn't LOOKED tasteless or over the top.

Is she acting so to come up with a better image, or is this who she is when she's not DELIBERATELY going over the top to help make "reality show gold" (in other word, lies for ratings and notoriety).

spankydoll

spankydoll

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 18, 2012 @ 11:46 AM

I'm not so conviced that she's being polite and well mannered as much as she's trying to fly under the radar. Some of the women on that team are very sophisticated and intelligent. Teress isn't very grounded in reality but she must have a sense that offering up advice about ingredeincies and Come-in may not go over very well with this group.

fivestone

fivestone

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 18, 2012 @ 12:28 PM

I'm not so conviced that she's being polite and well mannered as much as she's trying to fly under the radar. Some of the women on that team are very sophisticated and intelligent. Teress isn't very grounded in reality but she must have a sense that offering up advice about ingredeincies and Come-in may not go over very well with this group.

Agree with you about flying under the radar, but

1. 'Come-in' is the first listed pronunciation for 'cumin' according to Merriam-Webster
2. Lisa and Aubrey are pretty sharp, but the rest aren't overly intelligent, and I'd give Teresa way more sophistication points than I'd give half of the rest of the group. I'm not saying that Teresa is the genius of the group, but she sure isn't a weak link. I'd love for Dayana and Debbie to go home WELL before she does.

Caty

Caty

Fanatic

Posted Apr 4, 2012 @ 12:40 AM

I like Teresa. She has a lot more than she'd let on, she keeps her powder dry ... and believe me, she has every intention of setting things afire when needed. I loved the smack down she delivered Debbie. Calling Debbie's skimpy blue number that barely passed as a dress as unprofessional for the board room was made of gold. I wish her well. She won't go all the way but she has some fun times ahead. Her family ought to be proud of her.

Edited by Caty, Apr 4, 2012 @ 12:41 AM.

CathinAZ

CathinAZ

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 17, 2012 @ 1:31 PM

boy, the more I watch This woman (never saw the wives of new jersey show) I am convinced she is S L O W and a bit learning impaired or at least just simple minded nd not a quicker learner!
She has children and couldn't recall a jersey rhyme!,, WTF? A ny mom I know can recite one. Sad that she must have never read classical stories and rhymes to her children. Of ll the people on the show I am surprised that she is still there.

PlaysInTheDirt

PlaysInTheDirt

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 17, 2012 @ 7:25 PM

She has children and couldn't recall a jersey rhyme!,

I thought he asked her to recite a nursery rhyme.

She's very ignorant and has zero class. I don't begrudge people their lack of education or smarts, but she's such an easy target. She totally missed the irony in calling Tia unprofessional for wearing a dress where her "tits" were hanging out. Classy!

WileyCoyote

WileyCoyote

Fanatic

Posted Apr 18, 2012 @ 12:16 AM

What's a "Jersey Rhyme"?

Okay, that's an interesting slip there!

She's very ignorant and has zero class. I don't begrudge people their lack of education or smarts, but she's such an easy target. She totally missed the irony in calling Tia unprofessional for wearing a dress where her "tits" were hanging out. Classy!

To be fair, she said that about DEBBIE, not Tia. And Debbie WAS dressed that unprofessionally.

To give Teresa some minor credit, her sense of style/dress isn't all that bad. Especially given how bad the rep of Jerseyites is overall with that. She's dumb as a box of rocks, its true, but I actually DO believe the argument given by MOST of the other CelebuPrentices (not just Aubrey) that Teresa is pretty hard working and open to trying things. She's too dimwitted to successfully do most of them, but I DO think she has the right attitude.

PlaysInTheDirt

PlaysInTheDirt

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 18, 2012 @ 7:24 AM

Regardless of who she said it about, using the word tits, and calling someone out on their attire, is less professional than wearing the dress Debbie wore. That's the point.

WileyCoyote

WileyCoyote

Fanatic

Posted Apr 18, 2012 @ 12:25 PM

Regardless of who she said it about, using the word tits, and calling someone out on their attire, is less professional than wearing the dress Debbie wore. That's the point.

I'm actually reasonably sure Teresa didn't use that word, but instead some other comparable one. Maybe that doesn't excuse the comment overall, but its not quite AS crass if she used a rated-PG word instead of an "R" one, so to speak.

Also, given how much trash talking Debbie did in her OWN talking heads, I'm not inclined to have all that much sympathy for her, in the one case where someone did the reverse towards her.

CathinAZ

CathinAZ

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 18, 2012 @ 1:35 PM

She has children and couldn't recall a jersey rhyme!,

I thought he asked her to recite a nursery rhyme.

DARN spellchecker. I totally meant to write nursery rhyme! What Mom who spends time reading to their kids can't recall a simple rhyme!

Caty

Caty

Fanatic

Posted Apr 23, 2012 @ 4:39 PM

Teresa shouldn't be liking being a CA and with the Trumps much longer. I see her ridinng down that elevator next. She really lacks depth and presence and she's just there as a worker bee and promoting her next book.

Jextella

Jextella

Fanatic

Posted Apr 23, 2012 @ 5:31 PM

Teresa is interesting to me. I can't help but think she has some smarts. You don't last as long as she has in the spotlight, write a book (even if only a cookbook), etc. by being dumb. Still I can't help but think she is missing an brain cell or two.

The only other alternative is that she is completely undereducated. I tend to think it might be a little of both. The one thing she does have is street savvy.

Too tired to explain it now, but I like Teresa. All she needs to do is ditch Joe.

Yesterday.

Edited by Jextella, Apr 23, 2012 @ 5:36 PM.

WileyCoyote

WileyCoyote

Fanatic

Posted Apr 24, 2012 @ 3:32 AM

You don't last as long as she has in the spotlight, write a book (even if only a cookbook), etc. by being dumb.

It doesn't take much in the brains department to hire a ghostwriter and consult with them to suggest a few recipes they do most of the work stringing together into a book.

angelita100

angelita100

Fanatic

Posted Apr 24, 2012 @ 7:31 AM

I have never watched any incarnation of Housewives. While I didn't know most of the people coming in I did seem to hold a prejudice against Theresa. But however she is portrayed on Housewives I like her here. Public speaking is a hard thing. And I don't consider this some sort of a natural environment. So I can understand her being flustered. She may be a dimmer bulb but she's sweet and kinda harmless. And with the girl's team they started with I don't mind that she has gone as far as she has. Honestly she could outlast Aubrey and/or lisa and I'd be fine with that.

AladdinSane

AladdinSane

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 28, 2012 @ 9:10 PM

angelita100 said:
I have never watched any incarnation of Housewives.

Angelita: you should wear that statement like a badge of honor

fivestone

fivestone

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 30, 2012 @ 3:06 PM

I like this lady more and more - I think she's the ultimate team player. What was that she said during this last task? 'I'll be a cheerleader, I'll tap dance, I'll stand on my head if it helps us get the win.' Something to that effect. I love it. And she stays out of the line of fire - which should be common sense, but plenty of contestants on this show haven't mastered that skill.

Jextella

Jextella

Fanatic

Posted Apr 30, 2012 @ 5:59 PM

I have never watched any incarnation of Housewives.

How did you manage that?! There are so many of them it's like waking up without seeing sunlight.

Teresa and the NJ wives are a little much for me. I could/can tune in only now-and-again. Just enough to know and follow the storyline. I do know that Teresa made her share of mistakes, but that in the face of hardship, she proved herself to be as tough, determined, and hard-working as they come.

I give her tons of credit for this. Can't recall who said it but someone said Teresa goes home to be with her kids and comes back to Celebrty Apprentice every day on the show. She transformed from a pampered stay-at-home mother to a work-horse pseudo-celebrity almost over night.

Another thing about Teresa is that while she may indeed be a bit of a dim bulb, she is smart enough to know when to listen and learn. She's not writing cookbooks or appearing on the Celebrity Apprentice without a good agent or publicist to help.

And, I find great irony in the fact that Teresa is handling herself far more professionally and respectfully than both Lisa and Aubrey. She is smart enough to know that trash-talking does not endear oneself to the public.

If I had to assign grades for how intelligently they've used the gift of being on this show to advance their own careers, I'd give Teresa an A and Aubrey and Lisa D-'s.

Edited by Jextella, Apr 30, 2012 @ 6:08 PM.

mlp

mlp

Couch Potato

Posted May 1, 2012 @ 12:16 AM

If I had to assign grades for how intelligently they've used the gift of being on this show to advance their own careers, I'd give Teresa an A and Aubrey and Lisa D-'s.

Agreed. Add me to the list of people who have never watched a housewife show. The closest I've come was watching Nene on last season's CA and she gave me no incentive to pursue the shows further. When this season began, I had never heard of Teresa or, for that matter, any of the women except Cheryl Tiegs so Teresa started with a clean slate with me. I like what I've seen. For the most part, she's acted like a lady and dressed appropriately and she's pitched in and worked hard on every task. She won't win but she'll be able to look people in the eye when she leaves.

Babalooie

Babalooie

Couch Potato

Posted May 1, 2012 @ 8:32 AM

In defense of her regarding not knowing nursery rhymes, according to Wikipedia her parents were "just off the boat" from Italy to the U.S. Nursery rhymes are English and she wouldn't know them any more than we would know Italian nursery rhymes (if there is such a thing). She gets a Pass on that one. That being said, she still seems as dumb as a box of rocks to me.

spankydoll

spankydoll

Couch Potato

Posted May 6, 2012 @ 10:17 PM

My box of rocks is deeply offended by the CONSTANT comparison to Mrs. Guidice. The box knows hot to pronounce his last name (rocks). The box never lies because he's rocks in a box. Rocks don't lie Teresa!

Caty

Caty

Fanatic

Posted May 7, 2012 @ 1:36 PM

I liked Teresa, she reminds me of my housewifey oldest sister. But her limitations were only too clear and her last presentation was simply awful. She lasted longer only because her rivals made their own firings more opportune before her time came up.

It was brutal watching Teresa fight so hard to defend herself. I thought it went on far too long and I started yelling at my TV to just get the firing over with. I would have loved to've seen more time given to Lisa having to fight for her own CA life.

Edited by Caty, May 7, 2012 @ 3:28 PM.

fivestone

fivestone

Couch Potato

Posted May 7, 2012 @ 4:28 PM

I liked Teresa, she reminds me of my housewifey oldest sister. But her limitations were only too clear and her last presentation was simply awful. She lasted longer only because her rivals made their own firings more opportune before her time came up.

It was brutal watching Teresa fight so hard to defend herself. I thought it went on far too long and I started yelling at my TV to just get the firing over with. I would have loved to've seen more time given to Lisa having to fight for her own CA life.

Dang, I ran out of pluses to give this post, so I'll just give it a thumbs up here. I like Teresa, too, and I agree - it was painful watching Teresa in the boardroom. I was actually wincing and just hoping for her to get put out of her misery quickly.

One of the things really going in her favour is something she summed up last week with the Good Sam task, the whole 'I'll be a cheerleader, I'll tap dance, I'll do whatever' comment. She's been the ultimate team player, doing what's asked of her and obviously doing a satisfactory job with it. Carry on like that, especially around folks who are either disruptive, mentally unbalanced, or totally useless, and you've got a great shot at sticking around whilst the rest hang themselves by their own bad behaviour and/or incompetence.

Sorry to see Teresa go - she's very endearing - but it was definitely her time. Could you imagine her in an interview? Lord have mercy.

Edited by fivestone, May 7, 2012 @ 4:29 PM.

Lola16

Lola16

Fanatic

Posted May 19, 2012 @ 10:52 AM

Teresa was the female Paul Sr. Very willing to do what needed to be done, not stirring up shit and flying as under the radar as much as possible.

On most competitive shows, the cast gets paid by how long they last so there's incentive to make it as far along as you can. Not sure how they are compensated on this show (besides the charity, I'm sure there's an appearance fee, just don't know if it's flat or based on airtime).