S12: Debbie Gibson

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

23 replies to this topic

wragged2

wragged2

Channel Surfer

Posted Jan 5, 2012 @ 1:49 AM

Debbie Gibson
Singer
Brooklyn, NY
Children International

https://twitter.com/#!/DebbieGibson

Meet Debbie Gibson

Edited by wragged2, Jan 7, 2012 @ 6:39 PM.

chrysanthemum

chrysanthemum

Fanatic

• Interests:Bad television. Awesomely bad television. Old school hip-hop. Soda. Sneakers. My dog. My friends. Words. Crossword Puzzles. The beach. Nerds. Revolutionaries. Activists. Swiss cheese. Cherries. Jamba Juice. Fragments.

Posted Mar 3, 2012 @ 7:43 PM

WTF did she do to her face? Oh Debbie. You look like Sandra Bullock's new face, who's face looks a bit like Vivica Fox, etc.

WileyCoyote

WileyCoyote

Fanatic

Posted Mar 5, 2012 @ 9:21 AM

Yeah not only is her face a mess, but she's also coming off as a massive twit. Egotistical, delusional, etc. She seems to THINK she's better looking, a better singer, and smarter than she really is, and expresses herself under those assumptions quite a bit, it seems.

ShaNaeNae

ShaNaeNae

Fanatic

Posted Mar 9, 2012 @ 9:24 AM

she's also coming off as a massive twit. Egotistical, delusional, etc.

Yep.

"Who doesn't want to buy sandwhiches from a bunch of hot girls?"

In thinking of a team name, "we've all got great hair".

Shut up one who wears a mini suitcase as a charm on a necklace.

sissykay

sissykay

Stalker

Posted Mar 9, 2012 @ 12:45 PM

She seems to THINK she's better looking, a better singer, and smarter than she really is, and expresses herself under those assumptions quite a bit, it seems.

I loved the leader said, "looking from someone a little younger." And DG said, "I play younger on TV." Ha, I was surprised to find out she is only 41. I would have thought much older.

stacim

stacim

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 12, 2012 @ 8:47 AM

Yeah, Deb is looking a hot mess. I can't figure out if it is bad make up (that red blush is AWFUL!) Or if it is bad plastic surgery.

IseutLaBrune

IseutLaBrune

Fanatic

Posted Mar 12, 2012 @ 6:43 PM

I don't really understand Deb's look. Besides the makeup, which I was questioning on the episode thread, her nose looks bigger than I remember from her pop star days. Did she have a reverse nose job? I'm confused. Maybe the 80s hats she wore back then helped shadow the schnozz. Maybe the bad makeup that tries to cover everything else highlights the nose?

WileyCoyote

WileyCoyote

Fanatic

Posted Mar 12, 2012 @ 10:55 PM

I don't really understand Deb's look. Besides the makeup, which I was questioning on the episode thread, her nose looks bigger than I remember from her pop star days. Did she have a reverse nose job? I'm confused. Maybe the 80s hats she wore back then helped shadow the schnozz. Maybe the bad makeup that tries to cover everything else highlights the nose?

Maybe she broke it?

Asari

Asari

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 15, 2012 @ 1:46 AM

I don't know what happened to her. I watched her judge American Juniors (don't judge me) and she did a terrific job, she was reasonable, knowledgeable and looked great. I thought she'd be an ideal replacement judge on American Idol.

But I don't know what's happened to her since then. Now her face looks busted and she's developed into an idiot. Plus she can stop bragging about her singing; Aubrey (whose personality gets on my nerves) is a better singer. Tough luck, Debbie.

spankydoll

spankydoll

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 18, 2012 @ 11:48 AM

I think it's a riot that Debbie thinks that she is still recognizable to the general public as a celeb. And that she has thirtyish model looks. I want to live in Debbieland dammit!

mlp

mlp

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 19, 2012 @ 12:36 AM

I think it's a riot that Debbie thinks that she is still recognizable to the general public as a celeb. And that she has thirtyish model looks. I want to live in Debbieland dammit!

I came here to say the same thing. She looks closer to 50 than 30. Delusional much?

fivestone

fivestone

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 19, 2012 @ 10:58 AM

I'm an 80s baby, but I had never listened to her music before. Checked it out, and it's not half bad, especially if you guys are saying that she was almost solely behind the creation of it. There's one song in particular I really did like, and liked the video for..."Electric Youth".

Anyway, I wasn't a fan of her on the show until this episode, when she and Aubrey and Lisa started getting along. Now I find her funny instead of annoying, and maybe she's smarter than I gave her credit for. She could have jumped to Aubrey's aid and against Dayana in the final boardroom - and I think that if she were directly asked for her opinion by Trump, she would have given it. But as long as she wasn't being addressed, she saw no reason to throw her hat in the ring, even if she hadn't come under fire herself. Better to sit back and shut up unless your life in the game is on the line.

I don't think she'll win but I wouldn't mind her progressing farther in the game, like down to the final 5 or 6, and (can't believe I'm saying this) I think she's clever enough to manage it.

Caty

Caty

Fanatic

Posted Mar 20, 2012 @ 4:37 PM

Clever is a good term to describe Debbie Gibson, but I her sense of celebrity, good looks and youth is off putting. Her music is awesome though and I would have paid to see her perform. If she can only stay real and not the plastic two faced bitch Teresa G. called her out on, she'll be amongst my favorites.

EndoKE

EndoKE

Fanatic

Posted Mar 21, 2012 @ 10:29 AM

I can't believe she's only 41. When I first saw her, I had no idea who she was. Did she have bad plastic surgery? Has she been ill? Was she in some terrible accident? To me she looks like she's in her late 50's, and not a good late 50's either. She looks like someone who's been sitting in a bar drinking gin and smoking cigarettes for the past 20 years.

WileyCoyote

WileyCoyote

Fanatic

Posted Apr 2, 2012 @ 3:55 PM

I love that the one time the "bitch" in Real Housewife Teresa came out was over how Debbie looked like some old streetwalker in the boardroom. Good lord. The same way Aubrey has a delusional filter not allowing her to realize that she isn't the only person in a room, or Lisa has one convincing her she's the only one with IQ points, Debbie clearly has her own filter about her appearance. She wears clothes that would still be tacky on a woman half her age, and on her old body they look desperate. Combined with a makeup gun set on high, she just comes off as pathetic.

Caty

Caty

Fanatic

Posted Apr 3, 2012 @ 2:00 PM

I suspected she'd be next to get fired when the edits actually showed her smuggly plotting against Teresa. And I was cheering out loud when Teresa called her out on her 'professionalism' while showing up as a low rent hooker in the board room. Debbie is determined to forever embrace her sense of youth, loveliness and celebrity no matter what the mirror tells her.

hatchlynn

hatchlynn

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 5, 2012 @ 1:12 PM

LOL, when a "Real Housewife from New Jersey" tells you you look tacky... you look tacky!!

CathinAZ

CathinAZ

Video Archivist

Posted May 14, 2012 @ 1:47 AM

What is this chick's problem? On the episode that aired on Mother's Day, Clay, the project leader provided 2 clear instructions. One, to let him hear the musical medley he had delegated to her in it's entirety so he and others could critique it. He didn't ask for her to provided bits and pieces and then stop and discuss it like she conti used to do. Why not just run through the whole proposed medley as asked. He asked her several times, or at least the editing made it look like that. I'd be pissed if I asked fora complete run through and she, a musician, didn't do it. Then he asked for a sketch from the muralist, Debbie's relative, of what she proposed to put on the wall. Now I understand that the muralist was probably busy with other stuff and may have gotten this potential assignmentbatbthe last minute, but if your client asks for a sketch of what you propose to paint, take a few minutes and provide the sketch! I'm thinking that possibly Debbie didn't stress the importance of the sketch to the muralist. Debbie did not seem to grasp the request from the team leader and I don't see it as micromanaging. With limited time, he delegated and gave her freedom for proposing the entire music medley...when he asks to hear the entire piece so he can give some notes/critique about it, she wasn't able to. When he said if she and Aubrey wanted to go with a mural on the wall to provide a sketch..again, she didn't follow through. Then in her "camera talk segment",she complained of him micromanaging and not really understanding her part of the task. What? You were clearly tasked with proposing the music madly arrangement and providing a sketch of the proposed wall mural. Pretty clear and direct to me. Lots of responsibility and freedom to do what she wanted... All she had to do was then play the entire medley through so people could hear it and get your relative to provide a sketch.....

xphile101

xphile101

Fanatic

Posted May 14, 2012 @ 9:06 AM

She was just on my local radio morning show and was still whining about Clay needing the sketch, and how her cousin was dropping a lot to help her, blah blah blah. He didn't even want a mural to begin with, so obviously he'd want to see something before it got put on the walls. (I don't know why they didn't suggest just getting a backdrop of some sort. They come with murals on them - we used to use them for our musicals in high school.)

She also said that while she's obviously biased as she was on Clay's team, she honestly thinks he's going to win based on their final project and "what she saw" of Arsenio's.

backformore

backformore

Fanatic

Posted May 14, 2012 @ 2:49 PM

I thought Debbie was focusing too much on "my cousin is dropping everything to do an amazing favor for us" and not enough on "My cousin could benefit from this great opportunity for exposure on a major TV show."

The way she responded to Clay (and to her cousin) would be different depending on how she chose to think of the task.

Is her cousin such a renowned artist that this would be seen as a favor rather than an opportunity?

Crucial

Crucial

Video Archivist

Posted May 14, 2012 @ 6:27 PM

I don't understand what was wrong with her. How many times did Clay have to say I want to see a sketch before anything goes up. And if it was taking that long to get a sketch then I would have a problem with her not getting iti completed on time. It had nothing to do with if she was good or not. She could be one of the best artists around but if what she sketched was not what Clay wanted then that would be a problem. And how could Debbie not think Clay would say something when she was on the phone saying he was insecure and all that. No, that wasn't it at all.

Asari

Asari

Couch Potato

Posted May 15, 2012 @ 8:23 PM

Clay doesn't know this woman or her artwork and it's his butt on the line, if he didn't demand a sketch he'd be irresponsible.

Debbie's such an assclown.

And doesn't she have any newer material than the stupid crap she sang when she was 16?

Lola16

Lola16

Fanatic

Posted May 19, 2012 @ 12:09 PM

I'm a little surprised that she's only in her early 40's but I think she looks decent. She was never a beauty, go on youtube and look at her videos. Her make-up is garish and she dresses too young but she's in shape. I think she could use a make-over because she's clearly trying to recapture her youth. She doesn't bother me. Though Shake Your Love is now stuck in my head. I'll just throw on some Beastie Boys and drown it out.

intuitive

intuitive

Video Archivist

Posted May 19, 2012 @ 4:02 PM

I think she could stand to eat a sammich or two. ;)