S12: Lou Ferrigno

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

43 replies to this topic

hatchlynn

hatchlynn

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 23, 2012 @ 11:13 AM

Why is he so twitchy? Is it because of steroids or what?

I wondered this at first. Now I'm actually thinking Tourette's because I have never seen anyone twitch so much. When it's not his face, he's twtiching his neck and popping his shoulders. Weird.

Jose Canseco twitches exactly the same way.
I don't know if it has anything to do with the long term use of steroids to increase fast-twitch muscle fibers, but it seems a strange coincidence. I do know that many anabolic steroid users report odd twitching in various muscles, so IMO it walks like a duck and quacks like one, too.

Jextella

Jextella

Fanatic

Posted Mar 25, 2012 @ 8:06 PM

Anyone know why Lou picked MDA over a hearing related org as his charity?

fivestone

fivestone

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 3, 2012 @ 8:51 AM

Anyone know why Lou picked MDA over a hearing related org as his charity?

He's supported the Starkey Hearing Foundation (Marlee Matlin's charity from last season, I think) in the past, as well as a couple of others, like St. Jude. Since both of those got sizeable donations last year, maybe he wants to focus on a charity that hasn't gotten as much attention and financial support from the Apprentice in a while, if ever. He obviously feels very strongly about the charity, and I do respect that, regardless of how I feel about his antics on the show.

tripsy

tripsy

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 8, 2012 @ 10:53 PM

Why is he so twitchy? Is it because of steroids or what?

I wondered this at first. Now I'm actually thinking Tourette's because I have never seen anyone twitch so much. When it's not his face, he's twtiching his neck and popping his shoulders. Weird.

It's definitely not Tourette's, which would involve more complex motor tics as well as verbal tics. Tourette's would also have started at a young age and at least some tics would have been noticeable during his TV/film career.

It's hard to be 100% sure from just watching a TV, but I would bet Lou has Hemifacial Spasm.

Jextella

Jextella

Fanatic

Posted Apr 8, 2012 @ 11:12 PM

Even his ears were twitching tonight.

LennieB

LennieB

Fanatic

Posted Apr 9, 2012 @ 8:25 AM

Lou left the show with "If you were a man, I'd put you through the wall" as the final audience memory of him. A show of arrogance and aggression.

Nice one, Lou. Maybe you can work that remark into your next motivational speech.

Edited by LennieB, Apr 9, 2012 @ 8:26 AM.

marketdoctor

marketdoctor

Fanatic

Posted Apr 9, 2012 @ 9:05 AM

Sometimes it's hard to spot sarcasm on the Internet, but I say with utter sincerity: Good luck, Mr. Ferrigno.
I'm not sure how much was edited, though I think this show wasn't a great fit for him. I hope it leads someone to find a part for him (and I hope he gets a cameo in The Avengers.)

Psychomom

Psychomom

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 9, 2012 @ 9:43 AM

Two things - i don't believe i had heard this excuse from him before but he stated last night that he has trouble digesting information and it takes him time to do that. While this could certainly be true in last nights boardroom, using that excuse was such bad acting when he suddenly changed his mind about who should be fired, specifically stating that he just finished digesting the question that was asked...at least to me it seemed like such BS. Secondly I thought it was interesting that members of his former team noted that he would say nothing during the challenge and then at the boardroom make comments that he tried to participate.

PinkScooter

PinkScooter

Just Tuned In

Posted Apr 9, 2012 @ 11:43 AM

He really took a verbal beating from that loud-mouthed Lisa. It made me hate her and feel sorry for him. I think he was relieved he was let go, I know I was. He was making me nervous.

WileyCoyote

WileyCoyote

Fanatic

Posted Apr 9, 2012 @ 5:56 PM

Lou left the show with "If you were a man, I'd put you through the wall" as the final audience memory of him. A show of arrogance and aggression.

Yeah, a week after he "joked" about throwing Penn off the top of a 58-story building.

Hag

Hag

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 14, 2012 @ 11:18 AM

I didn't know anything about Lou at all, so I was a blank slate. During the last episode I was praying for him to get sent home. He's such a whiner, so tedious. His boardroom arguments ridiculous. And I was annoyed that his recurring complaint about Lisa was her use of profanity. As for her calling him a fucking loser, I didn't hear that. I didn't think the others heard that, either. I think that's voices in Lou's head from his terrible childhood.

lynnerself

lynnerself

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 14, 2012 @ 1:55 PM

As for her calling him a fucking loser, I didn't hear that.

She did call him fucking "useless". Which I'm sure with his hearing loss could easlily be misheard.

JH1982

JH1982

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 14, 2012 @ 1:57 PM

I believe Lisa said, "You are fucking useless." He may have heard it as "loser." It was his time to go.

rper

rper

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 14, 2012 @ 4:12 PM

Edited by rper, Apr 14, 2012 @ 4:37 PM.