S12: Michael Andretti

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

8 replies to this topic

wragged2

wragged2

Channel Surfer

Posted Jan 5, 2012 @ 1:40 AM

Michael Andretti
IZOD IndyCar Series
Nazareth, PA
Racing For Cancer

https://twitter.com/#!/michaelandretti

Meet Michael Andretti

Edited by wragged2, Jan 7, 2012 @ 6:36 PM.

Bubbacat

Bubbacat

Fanatic

Posted Feb 20, 2012 @ 8:38 AM

I used to be an editor for a classic car magazine. Every time we were running a story about a classic race car or historic race, we could call up the Andrettis for a quote or information. Mario and/or Michael were always delighted to take the time to chat and reminisce with us. Michael was always very pleasant, polite, helpful, and funny. Just a class act. I hope he goes far.

ShaNaeNae

ShaNaeNae

Fanatic

Posted Mar 8, 2012 @ 10:15 PM

Bubbacat, it's good to hear that. I'm more of a NASCAR fan than Indy Racing, but I've always heard the Andretti's are a nice family. I repect Marco for pulling out for his friend, Dan Wheldon. It's too bad that Michael is on this show because of that, but he is already coming across as such a classy guy. And good looking to boot!

BK1978

BK1978

Fanatic

Posted Mar 13, 2012 @ 12:36 PM

Another victim of The Donald's weird logic. He just didn't get the fact that there are some people who can get in front of crowds and charm them, while there were others just do not have that skill set. It is a shame that he got eliminated because he seemed like a nice guy who was playing for a great charity.

Asari

Asari

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 15, 2012 @ 1:41 AM

His firing was total BS. Michael isn't a performer but how does DT know that Michael can't do well being project manager for another task? It was a petty revenge firing because the team deigned to not pick Michael like DT was spoonfeeding them to.

Yes I am a

Yes I am a

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 16, 2012 @ 8:22 PM

I found it interesting that Trump said the Buick execs thought Michael was disappointing during the presentation, lacking in charisma, but those same people wanted him to head the whole project as PM. If he was uncomfortable & therefore disappointing on stage as a quick side commentator, he would have completely sucked as the main presenter.

Not that that would have mattered. The company just wanted the Andretti name front & center. A visible endorsement from a racing legend for a mere $30k donation to a charity would be a sweet deal for Buick. I'm sure that was intimated from the start when Buick signed on for a project for the show. Donald has control of who stays & leaves so he could guarantee that Andretti would still be in the game at that point. Too bad the guys didn't follow the 'plan'. Poor Donny had to throw a temper tantrum to assert his authority.

intuitive

intuitive

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 17, 2012 @ 6:19 AM

Michael showed himself to be a stand up guy, smart with business savvy. He chose not to give away his brand which caused Trump to have a little hissy fit. Michael walked away with dignity intact.

Caty

Caty

Fanatic

Posted Mar 20, 2012 @ 3:52 PM

I was totally frustrated with Michael the instant he turned towards the group, particularly Adam, to head the Buick project. What a whimped out douce! He claims he is not a sales, but he did apply for The Apprentice where you must wear many hats and not hide under the racing helmet or whatever else.

Michael is lovely alright, but he's proven to be a dull one trick pony when you stack him up against the rest of the group. Even Dayana stands to go much further than he.

onthebrink03

onthebrink03

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 20, 2012 @ 4:29 PM

Michael didn't apply to be on the show. His son, Marco, was signed to do the show but dropped out right before filming began due the the death of his teammate and good friend Dan Wheldon in a crash. Michael stepped in last minute as a replacement which I gather was appreciated by the show. He probably had not researched the show that much or even put much thought into it. It was a last minute decision made in, what I am sure, was a very difficult moment.

Michael was indeed lovely and has been praised by his teammates as likeable, intelligent and hard-working. I've come to understand that in reality TV one needs mountains of salt and big shovels to sift through the set-up bullshit when one is looking for the truth. Listen to Adam Carolla's podcast if you want to know how "real" CApp is. Michael even stated himself that his edit was a bit skewed, making him look like he was constantly standing around doing nothing. Apparently, not the truth. Who knew reality could be so open to manipulation, huh?

Edited by onthebrink03, Mar 20, 2012 @ 4:29 PM.