S12: Adam Carolla

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

14 replies to this topic

wragged2

wragged2

Channel Surfer

Posted Jan 5, 2012 @ 1:38 AM

Adam Carolla
Comedian Podcaster
Los Angeles, CA
Catholic Big Brothers Big Sisters

https://twitter.com/#!/adamcarolla

Meet Adam Corolla

Edited by wragged2, Jan 7, 2012 @ 9:01 PM.

jacobndiana

jacobndiana

Video Archivist

Posted Jan 16, 2012 @ 6:39 PM

As a daily (female) listener to his podcasts, I expect Adam to do sufficiently well. He already knows a lot of the celebrities - he had George Takei on either his show or podcast or both, though they may not be on the best of terms. He is friends with Penn and Lisa Lampanelli and probably a few more and he is a loyal friend. That said, I don't expect him to be malicious but spot on in his critiques, regardless of how well he knows you. He is a pragmatic businessman, and has advertisers on his #1 podcast, so he's going to have that going on the ad challenges. He's put on events (live podcasts and benefits, admittedly with help). I think he's got a decent sized list of contacts that I'm sure he'll take advantage of, though i don't think he's the type to hit people up for large sums of cash.

amrodgers82

amrodgers82

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jan 18, 2012 @ 5:43 AM

I listen daily to the Carolla podcast as well, jacobndiana, and I think your post is pretty much spot-on.

Adam has the ability to think quickly on his feet, and offer accurate, if not a little bit scathing, assessments of people and situations around him. Coming from his blue-collar background, he has the ability to put his head down and burn physical calories to get a job done. That being said, I don't know how well he'll do in the boardroom. He can only use his humor and observation so long before Trump demands to see blood.

Lastkidpicked

Lastkidpicked

Couch Potato

• Interests:I love a good debate, especially when it is with somebody smarter than me.

Posted Feb 23, 2012 @ 2:15 PM

You are right, Amrodgers. Its hard to see it in a setting like The Apprentice, but Adam Carolla has a George Carlin type of humor-- ranting about things that are funny yet a little painful becuase they're true. I became a fan during his call in show when he went on a rant (I'm paraphrasing from memory here):

Caller: Everybody says I should drop my boyfriend, because he always does these bad things.
Adam: So drop him.
Caller: But even though he does bad things, he's really a good guy.
Adam: I hear that all the time, and I just don't understand it. If he's always doing bad things, drop him.
Caller: Well, he's really a good guy, its just he always does bad things to people, including to me.
(Rant begins)
Adam: I have an idea for all the women who call in here dating "good guys who always do bad things". How about you stop doing that? If he's such a good guy, why is he always doing bad things? We never have women call us and say, "He's a bad guy, but he is always doing good things for people. He has a steady job and he cares for me and our family." Why don't we get those calls? Instead of calling us and saying you are with a good guy who always does bad things, why don't you try dating a bad guy who is contantly putting others ahead of himself and making life more enjoyable for everybody? Why don't you try that instead?

One of those rants that shows some true insight.

Edited by Lastkidpicked, Feb 23, 2012 @ 2:18 PM.

Asafum Godeht

Asafum Godeht

Channel Surfer

Posted Feb 25, 2012 @ 10:22 PM

I love his quick witted responses. However, I think this is what will get him fired.

One smart ass response to Trump in the boardroom will send him packing. Just ask winking Erin from one of the first seasons, or the trailer trash guy from the LA season.

nospin

nospin

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 27, 2012 @ 11:11 PM

Did Adam take part in the second episode? I haven't noticed him and haven't heard any explanations.

onthebrink03

onthebrink03

Channel Surfer

Posted Feb 27, 2012 @ 11:20 PM

The Donald explained that Adam was hosting a wedding at his home (something that had been arranged before signing up for the show) and he would not be available for the challenge this week.

Edited by onthebrink03, Feb 27, 2012 @ 11:21 PM.

nospin

nospin

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 28, 2012 @ 11:37 PM

Thank you. I must've missed that. I am sure had Adam been there, the men's performance would've been even funnier.

onthebrink03

onthebrink03

Channel Surfer

Posted Feb 29, 2012 @ 12:07 AM

I agree. I quite like a sardonic wit at times and Adam's is front and centre on the show.

ShaNaeNae

ShaNaeNae

Fanatic

Posted Mar 9, 2012 @ 9:22 AM

"My charity is white kids without iPads"

"I didn't know what a window dressing was. I thought it might be somewhere between a ranch and thousand island".

God, that'll keep me laughing until Sunday.

Jextella

Jextella

Fanatic

Posted Mar 9, 2012 @ 3:13 PM

I've never found Adam C. funny, but he's doing it for me on the this show.

He endeared himself to me when, during the first episode, he admired how genuine he thought Patricia was. He seemed truly impressed, which made me think he's sort of a nice guy.

I always thought him to be a bit of a man-pig based on The Man Show, but maybe that's not the case afterall.

jacobndiana

jacobndiana

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 9, 2012 @ 11:57 PM

Jextella, I do think he's funny, but I think more than that, you can tell that he loves his family and friends and that's very endearing. I love his show, but here, I think he could take a break from the joke joke joke

Kali12

Kali12

Fanatic

Posted Mar 12, 2012 @ 12:34 PM

I hated The Man Show, but TA changed my opinion of Adam. I liked his humor--especially that he used it to keep things good-natured and light. Loved him standing up to Trump in the BR and saying, "Yes, I deserve to go. I'm not bringing anyone back."

Yes, DT took it as getting a middle finger ("only one Alpha here!") and retaliated, as Penn explained. But, it was still a commendable way to play.

Glad he went out on his own terms and with class.

Asari

Asari

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 15, 2012 @ 1:34 AM

Agreed.

As for Clay's comment that when Adam wants to go with an idea in his head and "does hear [others' opinions] but doesn't care" he's not wrong. Adam himself on his radio show and podcast has admitted that that's a flaw in his personality and his wife calls him out on it from time to time. That said, he's grown-up enough to take responsibility for his hardheadedness and went out with class. Something DT is too crude to ever understand.

SunFun

SunFun

Loyal Viewer

Posted Mar 22, 2012 @ 4:24 PM

As long as Adam is calling out Trump, I'm a fan.