S12: Clay Aiken

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

207 replies to this topic

wragged2

wragged2

Channel Surfer

Posted Jan 5, 2012 @ 1:36 AM

Clay Aiken
Singer & Actor
Raleigh, NC
National Inclusion Project

https://twitter.com/#!/clayaiken

Meet Clay Aiken

Edited by wragged2, Jan 7, 2012 @ 6:32 PM.

Koffee Kup

Koffee Kup

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 5, 2012 @ 2:44 PM

I think anyone who has a preconceived notion of Clay is going to be in for a surprise.

Edited by Koffee Kup, Jan 5, 2012 @ 7:23 PM.

wragged2

wragged2

Channel Surfer

Posted Jan 5, 2012 @ 6:49 PM

Trump Announces Cast Of NBC’s ‘Celebrity Apprentice,’ Highlight Hollywood Predicts Clay Aiken As The Winner

backformore

backformore

Fanatic

Posted Jan 5, 2012 @ 10:20 PM

I think anyone who has a preconceived notion of Clay is going to be in for a surprise.

A few of the interviews I've seen, other cast members are saying they were surprised by him. Interesting, as more than one of the celebs on this season have used him as a punchline for their jokes.
It will be an interesting season.

wragged2

wragged2

Channel Surfer

Posted Jan 6, 2012 @ 4:15 AM

It looks like the punchlines were done out of affectionate teasing.

NEW YORK -

"Celebrity Apprentice" has not even started yet and it looks like Clay Aiken could already be the breakout star.

Penn Jillette, Adam Carolla and Aubrey O'Day talked to reporters on a conference call yesterday and they all made jokes about Aiken. Carolla joked by the fifth episode, Aiken declared he was straight, and O'Day joked she made out with Aiken in the finale.

Jillette says, "Here's a sentence that I thought I would never say: 'I spent most of my time working with Clay Aiken."'

stargazed

stargazed

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 7, 2012 @ 4:37 PM

I think a few contestants have used Clay as a punchline in the past. Now, they know him and it'll be interesting to see how they respond. One who has shown that she's loving Clay is Lisa Lampanella (sp?). Apparently, she's enamored by him. This is such a good gig for Clay and a long overdue opportunity for people to see the real Clay Aiken.

wragged2

wragged2

Channel Surfer

Posted Jan 8, 2012 @ 1:03 PM

RobynRossTVG TV Guide
Just had one of my favorite interviews of all time w @lisalampanelli & @ClayAiken. Can't wait for Apprentice! lockerz.com/s/171618539

Video Interview with Lisa & Clay

Edited by wragged2, Jan 8, 2012 @ 1:03 PM.

stargazed

stargazed

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 9, 2012 @ 5:41 PM

Ohmagawd, loved that interview.

angelita100

angelita100

Fanatic

Posted Feb 12, 2012 @ 10:21 AM

http://itunes.apple....ast/id328076847

Dalton Ross of EW said in his podcast that he watched the first episode of Celebrity Apprentice and was really impressed with Clay. He's a shrewd and cunning bastard, totally into the competition. In it to win it.

If he got all of that out of the first episode about Clay this should prove mighty interesting

sassygoddess1

sassygoddess1

Channel Surfer

Posted Feb 18, 2012 @ 11:33 AM

Always thought Clay was terribly boring. If he lives up to the claims posted above, appearing on this show will be a real career booster for him. One of the things I like most about C.A. is seeing a different side to the celebrities. Loved Cyndi Lauper on her season, lost a lot of respect for Meatloaf, and totally despised Dionne Warwick (after coming into the season with a meh attitude towards her). My favourites are George and Penn, but I am prepared to become a fan of the other apprentices like Clay if there's more to him than initially met the eye.

paper heart

paper heart

Loyal Viewer

Posted Feb 20, 2012 @ 1:32 PM

Dalton Ross of EW said in his podcast that he watched the first episode of Celebrity Apprentice and was really impressed with Clay.

Curious what Mr. Ross saw that they didn't show on last nights episode because Clay didn't do anything overly impressive that I saw.

DotsAndStripes

DotsAndStripes

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 20, 2012 @ 4:26 PM

Clay did a great job of getting as much as possible out of the donors. It's a fine line to press for more money without offending people. Even Penn gave Clay credit for doing the job well.

Stinger97

Stinger97

Stalker

Posted Feb 20, 2012 @ 7:10 PM

Except how incredibly awkward was it when two women with sandwiches walked up to the register to pay and Clay asked them if they were going to pay $100 for them? The two of them were clearly taken aback, and then he pushed for $50 before finally settling for $20. I know that squeezing as much money out of everyone was the name of the game, but I didn't think Clay did such an impressive job of it. That one scene was just... weird.

Also someone needs to tell him to stop using such a heavy hand with the coverup. He looks fake.

Edited by Stinger97, Feb 20, 2012 @ 7:13 PM.

Quiet1ne

Quiet1ne

Loyal Viewer

Posted Feb 20, 2012 @ 7:31 PM

Also someone needs to tell him to stop using such a heavy hand with the coverup. He looks fake.

TV makeup artists and freckles are not a good combo.

Vickilyn

Vickilyn

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 20, 2012 @ 8:20 PM

ITA. Clay naturally has very pale skin, with lots of freckles (natural redhead). I remember thinking a few times on Idol it looked as though they'd put his makeup on with a trowel.

eraser

eraser

Loyal Viewer

Posted Feb 21, 2012 @ 1:22 AM

Curious what Mr. Ross saw that they didn't show on last nights episode because Clay didn't do anything overly impressive that I saw.

As long as the experts and his co-workers are impressed that is what matters.

Edited by eraser, Feb 21, 2012 @ 1:27 AM.

hatchlynn

hatchlynn

Video Archivist

Posted Feb 21, 2012 @ 8:58 AM

When Andretti showed up at the sandwich shop all the boys gathered around him to say hello and introduce themselves. Then they continued to stand around and have themselves a gabfest and it was Clay who then said to Andretti "OK we have meat for you to chop in the kitchen" and got everyone back to work.
Maybe not "overly impressive" but it told me that he was not there to hobnob with other celebrities but to focus on the work.
And his "frat boy" comment won him points with me as well. Everyone sitting around trying to out quip one another in choosing a team name was a waste of time- didn't someone voice over "45 minutes later" or something?
That's a lot of time to spend on choosing a name when there is a task to be done.

xphile101

xphile101

Fanatic

Posted Feb 21, 2012 @ 12:47 PM

Anyone who doesn't like Clay (or doesn't know much about him) needs to go to Adam Carrolla's website and find his podcast that he did last month with Clay. It's really long, really, really funny, and actually very revealing on Clay's behalf (I've been a fan of his since Idol and I learned a few things).

I fully expect him to at least be in the finale, if not win.

Edited by xphile101, Feb 21, 2012 @ 12:47 PM.

eraser

eraser

Loyal Viewer

Posted Feb 22, 2012 @ 4:54 PM

TWoP revealed their opinion on the odds of each contestant's chances of winning. There is no place to comment so I'll just do it here since it relates to Clay. That piece labeled Clay the 2nd runner up which is wrong. The 2nd runner up is the 3rd place finisher and that would be Kimberley Locke. Clay was the 1st runner up.

Clay's odds of winning? I think the writer ranked Clay at 40-1 which is way too low but we will see as the show unfolds.

Slideshow and Odds.

Edited by eraser, Feb 22, 2012 @ 4:55 PM.

intuitive

intuitive

Video Archivist

Posted Feb 22, 2012 @ 5:17 PM

I made note of the odds and it's going to be interesting to see how they fall during the course of the show. I would think it would be an impossible task to figure the odds so bully for the TWoP people for taking a shot at it. It's such a fun show and anything can happen from week to week to make you change your mind about who you think the winner will be.

eraser

eraser

Loyal Viewer

Posted Feb 22, 2012 @ 6:13 PM

Donald Trump JR gives Clay credit in his own recap of the first episode at NBC.COM. He said:"On the men's team, Clay did a great job of upselling their customers and through that was able to bring in a great deal of money. "

Asari

Asari

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 23, 2012 @ 2:36 AM

Maybe not "overly impressive" but it told me that he was not there to hobnob with other celebrities but to focus on the work.

Clay was a school teacher in his past life, he's trained to corral a group of people to focus and get things done and I think those are the skills that are going to serve him the best during his run on the show. The 40-1 underrates him, I think he'll do much better than those odds suggest.

Edited by Asari, Feb 23, 2012 @ 2:37 AM.

eraser

eraser

Loyal Viewer

Posted Feb 25, 2012 @ 1:40 AM

Clay talks about his charity, The National Inclusion Project, in this video

eraser

eraser

Loyal Viewer

Posted Feb 27, 2012 @ 3:21 AM

Clay blogs every week right after the episode finishes on the West Coast.

Week 2: Medieval Times

By Clay Aiken
February 26, 2012 11:00 PM

What a difference a week makes, huh?
Last week everyone was so cordial and friendly; this week the claws started coming out on Team Forte!

Read the rest of the recap at nbc.com

RentEmSpoons

RentEmSpoons

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 27, 2012 @ 5:16 AM

After watching the second ep: God-DAMN, that boy can sing.

eraser

eraser

Loyal Viewer

Posted Feb 28, 2012 @ 5:32 PM

Victoria Gotti tells Access Hollywood that Clay is her pick to win.

Jextella

Jextella

Fanatic

Posted Feb 28, 2012 @ 11:49 PM

ay talks about his charity, The National Inclusion Project, in this video

Is this the same charity he had after his Idol stint?

onthebrink03

onthebrink03

Channel Surfer

Posted Feb 29, 2012 @ 12:03 AM

Yes, it is the foundation Clay co-founded right after Idol. It was re-named a few years ago to better reflect it's mission.

LennieB

LennieB

Fanatic

Posted Feb 29, 2012 @ 8:52 AM

I wonder what team name Clay wanted. Did we hear?

Edited by LennieB, Feb 29, 2012 @ 8:56 AM.

intuitive

intuitive

Video Archivist

Posted Feb 29, 2012 @ 4:24 PM

I wonder what team name Clay wanted. Did we hear?

When Penn brought up the name Unanimous, all the guys jumped on it. I think they were tired of trying to sort it out. I don't think we heard Clay mention a name of his choice.