Jane By Design

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

216 replies to this topic

Mikita

Mikita

Fanatic

Posted Aug 17, 2012 @ 8:39 PM

Call me not surprised. This show had problems and I won't miss it. Bring on the next show ABC Family.

lleykian54

lleykian54

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 17, 2012 @ 10:27 PM

Well I don't know about others, but I know they lost me when they did the really ridiculous mid-season finale that had Billy suddenly declaring his love for Jane and then got rid of both Nick and Lulu. The show had some potential and had the writers paced themselves better and made a few better casting choices (like Jeremy was always incredibly unattractive to me and looked way older than Jane so that whole plotline was squicky) it might have had a chance.

blugirlami21

blugirlami21

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 18, 2012 @ 1:38 AM

That's too bad but not totally unexpected in any way. The writing for this show was all over the place and ABCFamily barely even promoted the show.

Kosmonaut

Kosmonaut

Stalker

Posted Aug 20, 2012 @ 8:30 AM

I'm actually bummed. :(

Phred62

Phred62

Fanatic

Posted Aug 26, 2012 @ 8:32 PM

I'm actually bummed. :(

Me too. While I wasn't enjoying this season as much as the first (half?) I still had hope for it. So long mindless fluff. :(

name234

name234

Fanatic

Posted Aug 26, 2012 @ 11:21 PM

I am also sad about the show's demise. I think there is a place for family television and slightly unrealistic (the premise) comedy at that and I tend to watch after-9 pm prime time shows (TGW, Revenge, Political Animals, Copper etc.). The cameos were funny and it was a pleasant harmless hour. I don't care about ABC Family's other teenager centered dramas during the week, ABC Family's other comedy shows are so syrupy that I can barely stomach the promos much less watch them. I agree with the assessment that they jerked the story lines around too much and didn't let it build an audience, having the show's fate rest on a summer audience is a bit harsh.

Edited by name234, Aug 26, 2012 @ 11:22 PM.

meowrr

meowrr

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 23, 2012 @ 11:20 PM

Cancelled? Okay. I've just watched all of the episodes online and liked the show well enough. RIP, Jane.