9-9: "BBQ Pit Wars" 2012.01.04

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

304 replies to this topic

pez10s

pez10s

Fanatic

Posted Jan 13, 2012 @ 7:52 PM

Sure, if they'd been honestly concerned about my health, I'd be more inclined to tell them. If they bitched at me about leaving or implied that my reason for leaving was trumped up just to make them work harder, or suggested that I was overreacting and should've just "pushed through it" - whether they made the accusations outright or tried to be subtle about their skepticism - I would not feel that I needed to justify myself to them.

Edited by pez10s, Jan 13, 2012 @ 7:53 PM.

ZoloftBlob

ZoloftBlob

Fanatic

Posted Jan 13, 2012 @ 10:53 PM

Well, here's the problem. I don't think Ed and Tylor were the only ones asking. I think some of the chefs were geniunly concerned about Sarah. It's hard to believe that no one asked her what happened with real concern. As the current tempest in the teapot, I suspect everyone was curious if Sarah was ok, and if she was coming back. She may not get along with Ed or Tylor or Chris C (who frankly didn't seem to be one of the people openly doubting her) but she also doesn't seem totally hated. Yeah, yeah, HIPAA and all that, but it seems hard to believe none of the chefs know what was wrong. Or what wasn't wrong.

FriedButter

FriedButter

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 17, 2012 @ 10:21 AM

I noticed a show on the Travel Channel last week called Top Ten Chowdowns (or something like that). When I noticed it was about bbq restaurants I decided to watch and see if the Salt Lick was on the list. It turned up at number 1.

Lady Miss GL

Lady Miss GL

Channel Surfer

Posted Jan 23, 2012 @ 10:20 AM

Ed seems like such a d-bag. I've had heatstroke before; it was many years ago when I was a mail carrier. It was August in Northern CA, and I'd been drinking water ALL day long; I STILL got overheated! You feel totally nauseated, extremely dizzy, and you see spots before your eyes; you feel like you can't make another move without throwing up. When you've got heatstroke, there comes a point when it doesn't matter how much water you drink, you just have to go indoors and get cool, maybe taking a cold shower. It sucks.

CateinBC

CateinBC

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 25, 2012 @ 9:31 AM

Very late to the party, since I'm marathoning the whole season at once, but we go to Austin a lot (my partner has a branch of his business there), and Uchi and Uchiko are our favourite restaurants in the WORLD, so it's amazing to see Paul.

And, The Salt Lick doesn't have a liquor license -- people bring their own beer in coolers. That was nicely fudged when Padma asked for a drink ;-).