Extreme Cheapskates

• Please log in to reply

463 replies to this topic

pandora spock

pandora spock

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 28, 2011 @ 9:32 PM

If buying expired produce or diving in dumpsters gets your heart racing, does TLC have a show for you!

Beli

Beli

Loyal Viewer

Posted Dec 28, 2011 @ 9:36 PM

I came on here looking for this thread! Goodness, that woman with the reusable toilet paper - wow. Really? No words!

MrsEVH

MrsEVH

Fanatic

Posted Dec 28, 2011 @ 10:03 PM

When is it on?

pandora spock

pandora spock

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 28, 2011 @ 10:08 PM

MrsEVH, it will be back on tonight at 10 pm CST, 11 pm EST. I don't know if this will be a series or not.

BornForThis

BornForThis

Loyal Viewer

Posted Dec 28, 2011 @ 10:24 PM

I about died when I saw the cloth "toilet paper" - when the young son held up the stained washcloth/toilet paper, my stomach turned so much I thought I'd lose my dinner.

These people are far crazier than the extreme couponers.

JohnnySunshine9

JohnnySunshine9

Video Archivist

Posted Dec 28, 2011 @ 10:33 PM

Thank god others saw this, I need eye bleach and group therapy stat. I was feeling bad about being single. Then the first guy profiled (doughy, into dumpster diving, bought his wife $2 worth of junk at a Liquidation Center for their 25th wedding anniversary) revealed he married his wife because he needed dental surgery and didn't have insurance. They got married on a Tuesday, he got the surgery on a Wednesday. Suddenly, I am fine with being single.

Hey dude, guess what else doesn't cost money? WALKING. I don't think taking home other restaurant patrons' uneaten chicken fingers and French Fries are doing you any favors. Maybe try taking their uneaten salads or grilled chicken breasts instead.

pandora spock

pandora spock

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 28, 2011 @ 10:47 PM

I don't think taking home other restaurant patrons' uneaten chicken fingers and French Fries are doing you any favors. Maybe try taking their uneaten salads or grilled chicken breasts instead.

If this cheap bozo asked me for the food that I paid for, I would tell him where he could stick his carryout box.

Dormouse

Dormouse

Channel Surfer

Posted Dec 28, 2011 @ 10:54 PM

Meh, this was just silly. Ok, so you bring home ketchup packets from restaurants. That's fine (though asking for them without a purchase is lame) but why sit around taking the time to squeeze them into a bottle with your dirty dumpster-diving fingers? Can you not just squeeze one ketchup packet onto your lunch when you want one? Reusing paper towels? You can't just get some rags? And separating two-ply toilet paper just made me think TLC was fucking with us. I mean... really? Just use less, Einstein. Cutting open a tube of toothpaste... eh, I've done that. He's right, there's a lot of extra toothpaste in there, lol. But what I want to know is what did the poor put-upon wife get for her husband for their anniversary while she's complaining about his gifts to her?

That dude with the change... I actually liked some of what he had to say - make a commitment not to keep escalating your lifestyle requirements as your income grows and you'll end up with more security and can retire early. Ok, that's cool. Nobody *needs* a flatscreeen. And the no-spending week is a fun challenge. But... if you're really this frugal dude, how does a no-spending week save you $700? What are you normally spending $700 on in a week? No, seriously? If I'm not counting one-quarter of the month's mortgage/utilities/transportation, all I buy in any given week is food or treats for myself like a book or new shoes. A no spending week would only save me a couple hundred bucks, and I'm obviously not as thrifty as this guy. Unles I'm missing something...

Yeah, I was intrigued enough to watch it and then ramble on (and on) about it here, but I wouldn't bother watching again.

Bleeding Love

Bleeding Love

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 28, 2011 @ 11:17 PM

Please don't tell me this is a series. Only ten minutes in and I'm disgusted.

GypsyBaby

GypsyBaby

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 28, 2011 @ 11:52 PM

I was fascinated by this show. I actually got some tips -- well, really just the toothpaste thing. There was one other thing I thought I'd try, but I've forgotten it already. I did think that most of the things that these folks did were beyond extreme, but the show made me want to look for ways to save money in my own life, and I would definitely watch this again.

CrumbyButtons

CrumbyButtons

Stalker

Posted Dec 29, 2011 @ 12:00 AM

I want all my friends who call me cheap to watch this – they’d change their tune! I just prefer money to things and don’t spend on things I don’t need. But I need actual toilet paper, fresh healthy food and a healthy body not infected by trash and the germs that come with it.

Boy, that Lisa is a lucky lady! He married her for her insurance and got her animal crackers and water for their 25th anniversary. My 5 year old grand-niece did better picking out Christmas presents at the Dollar Store! I wouldn’t mind someone taking my leftovers if I was gone – but I would really resent him coming up to me while I was sitting there. I am a “normal” cheapskate – part of that is that I don’t eat out much. I would hate having some weirdo ruining my experience, especially since it’s a treat for me. And – knock-knock puddinhead – if you create one-ply toilet paper? You use twice as much.

The Kaufman’s, well, I have to say that I admire them for getting out of $89,000 debt (though no respect for getting in that situation to begin with). But saving $240 on toilet paper isn’t a big enough savings to bother, imo. Unless you’re really hurtin’ in the finance department. They had a nice house, nice car, clothes – I think they could afford real toilet paper and food that isn’t expired. And still bank some money.

how does a no-spending week save you $700? What are you normally spending $700 on in a week? No, seriously?

Yeah! SERIOUSLY! They aren’t too frugal if they are spending that much normally. And they really only have a week’s worth of food in the house at a time? What are they spending $700 a week on?!! Crap, I could eat for a month on the food I stockpile when it’s on special or I have coupons (and eat well!). All I would need to buy is some fresh fruit. And you have $7.50 and get goat’s heads? Yeah, now you’re just trying to be weird. You could make a decent normal meal for $7.50. My mom did the soap sliver trick with two washcloths sewed together with a little hole (to put the soap in) that she pinned shut. It was actually kind of fun to use. A nylon would not be.

My ex-boyfriend barters. But he barters REAL services. Helps a farmer bring in his crop for half a cow. Fixes a car for someone to help him roof his house. A poem? That’s jerking someone around, not bartering. And if all you’re getting is a donut? Not something you need? Oooh, yeah – so impressed.

Maddingcrowd

Maddingcrowd

Fanatic

Posted Dec 29, 2011 @ 12:02 AM

If these people have so much time on their hands why don't they get a job? Surely, Mr. Dumpster diver seems to have way too much time on his hands. Also think some it was fake. For example: He claims he had a stain on his only good shirt and it would cost too much to have it cleaned.

He donated it to a thrift store, they had it cleaned and he bought it back for $1 (or whatever). Doesn't ring true: Shirts worth a dollar would not be worth the trouble to have it cleaned (and how would the thrift store get out a stain if he couldn't). Then he happens to find the same shirt right away to rebuy.

Also think the guy who gets free stuff by singing only got that stuff because a camera follows him around. My stomach turned at the cleaning cloth toilet paper and the goat's head. Dear God.

CrumbyButtons

CrumbyButtons

Stalker

Posted Dec 29, 2011 @ 12:09 AM

He donated it to a thrift store, they had it cleaned and he bought it back for $1 (or whatever). Doesn't ring true: Shirts worth a dollar would not be worth the trouble to have it cleaned (and how would the thrift store get out a stain if he couldn't). Then he happens to find the same shirt right away to rebuy.

That rang false to me too. I don't know of thrift stores that accept stained clothes. And if does happen to be true - what kind of ass donates stained clothes that are unwearable to a thrift store?

BubbleLover89

BubbleLover89

Just Tuned In

Posted Dec 29, 2011 @ 12:29 AM

The mom with the expired food reminded me of Jill from Hoarders. I am trying to forget the reusable toilet paper. The "bartering" guy was just a mooch.

mrsproducer

mrsproducer

Video Archivist

Posted Dec 29, 2011 @ 12:29 AM

Wow. I'm not even sure where to begin. This was simultaneously amusing and revolting to me.

I can't hate the first couple that much since they have a stray animal rescue and with so many homeless dogs and cats out there, their claim that they've found homes for 3000 of them was heartwarming. However... as someone upthread mentioned, how is it ok for him to take the food that someone else PAID for? I suppose it would go into the trash but still. It just seemed wrong to me. Not to mention that it was absolutely disgusting to watch him take that food from strangers plates. And HELLO, has he not heard of DISH CLOTHS!?!? Why is he re-using paper towels by washing and drying them (WTF, seriously)? USE A DISH CLOTH! That's exactly what they are for--washing them and reusing them. Maybe they had been dating for years and years before they got married and so I guess the dental thing isn't that bad. The anniversary thing was just plain sad.

Kudos to the Kaufman's for getting out of debt. I can't say anything negative about how they got to be that much in debt since it happens to many people and times may have been very tough for them. I can't say I find the cloth toilet paper thing to be THAT bad since many people now use cloth diapers for their babies. Same difference. Sort of. Either way, I would not be caught dead using cloth toilet paper. The savings were not nearly enough to be useful. If it was $2400 a year, not $240, I can see the reasoning but come on. Seeing the shit stains was pretty revolting. Thanks, TLC. I also had a big problem with her feeding other people's children expired food and crap they found at the park. Why does she not just have her own garden where she grows what she needs? No doubt the stuff in that park was sprayed with pesticides and who knows what else. And buying something from 2009? To feed to CHILDREN? Why risk making them sick and food poisoned to save a few dollars. I am pretty sure I also noticed her sitting her baby carrier in the dangerous part of the shopping cart (where an older kid sits), where awful accidents have happened to babies from the carrier falling out of that spot. She came across as a completely irresponsible idiot. If I was a parent in that babysitter's club and saw this, I would be beyond livid. As far as I'm concerned, she's endangering other people's children with the expired food thing. This had to have been filmed in 2011, making that expired food from 2009 a good two years old. And expired dairy?? Is she INSANE? Expired dairy products can make you seriously, seriously ill.

Goat head man. OMG. I was so disgusted by the goat head cooking that I had to change the channel and not look. Absolutely vile. You can EASILY get a decent meal for $7.50 that doesn't involve boiling the heads of farm animals! That fiscal fast thing is not a bad idea, maybe for one day a week. I was so horrified by the goat head thing that I can't remember much else about this guy. Except that I thought he was a total douchebag.

And barter guy:

My ex-boyfriend barters. But he barters REAL services. Helps a farmer bring in his crop for half a cow. Fixes a car for someone to help him roof his house. A poem? That’s jerking someone around, not bartering. And if all you’re getting is a donut? Not something you need? Oooh, yeah – so impressed.

YES, YES, YES!!! My thoughts exactly. What THIS guy was doing is wanting something for nothing. Scamming people, essentially, not bartering. Bartering is giving something of equal value for something you need ie. the fruits you grew for your neighbor's veggie, a service for a service like the roofing/car fixing thing, etc. Not reciting a poem like a clown for a donut. And I agree with another poster that I doubt he would have been given stuff had the cameras not been there. It was good that they showed him cleaning the salon for a haircut. That was at least a service for a service. But he just seemed like a loser who wants free stuff. The older man in the donut shop cracked me up when he said "People barter every day. It's called MONEY."

The vast majority of the things these people do are ridiculous, unnecessary and don't save much money. And make no sense. If TLC had actually shown logical things being done by logical people, this could be useful and interesting. We all like saving money and some of these options could potentially be great for the environment. I know a few eco-conscious frugal families who do lots of stuff that would make some people give them the hairy eyeball. I'd probably watch a series of this for it's freak show factor!

Edited by mrsproducer, Dec 29, 2011 @ 1:32 AM.

chamuska

chamuska

Video Archivist

Posted Dec 29, 2011 @ 12:31 AM

And the ketchup. He said he saves 70 to 80 dollars a year on ketchup by stealing those little packs. Who the heck buys that much ketchup? I think we go through a bottle a year. And it's always on sale.

mtbingmom

mtbingmom

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 29, 2011 @ 12:47 AM

When i saw the first guy, I thought maybe he took the food home to the dogs. I was revolted when he said that he ate it, and he couldn't control himself even at his anniversary dinner.
Same here with the ketchup. If we bring home extras, we just use them as needed, and I don't spend anywhere near $70 per year on it.

CrumbyButtons

CrumbyButtons

Stalker

Posted Dec 29, 2011 @ 12:56 AM

Same here with the ketchup. If we bring home extras, we just use them as needed, and I don't spend anywhere near $70 per year on it.

Ya know, I didn't even think of that! I am a ketchup girl. My favorite snack is ketchup on white bread (I'm such a gourmet!) - but I don't even go through a bottle a month. So even organic ketchup for a year (for a ketchup lover like me) would be about $3 every two months. But let's say it's every month - that's still only $36.

80sBaby

80sBaby

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 29, 2011 @ 12:59 AM

Cloth toilet paper woman was disgusting. I don't even want to think about what that bathroom smells like. Toilet paper is not a luxury item, not expensive at all. She could buy a ton of rolls with all the money she's saving from buying expired food to feed to her kids. If I was one of the parents that saw my child being fed lawn clippings and old food she would have a big problem on her hands after I saw this show.

Expired in 2009?? Five year old cloths that literally were shitstained...She wasn't a cheapskate she was a moron.

Twenty five years of wedded for insurance bliss and he gives his wife a teapot from a dumpster, animal crackers and a bottled water!!?!! She must be very in love. Oh, I forgot the dead flowers. The rice being cooked after their wedding. Really... I wanted to throw up at him taking people's leftovers. "You look like nice people." He needs to watch Outbreak or Contagion.

Hey dude, guess what else doesn't cost money? WALKING. I don't think taking home other restaurant patrons' uneaten chicken fingers and French Fries are doing you any favors. Maybe try taking their uneaten salads or grilled chicken breasts instead.

Love this LOL!

Cushion checker wasn't that bad but the goat head did look really gross. When he ate the eyeball I cringed.

Barter guy was FOS, he wanted to be on TV. It would have been great if the counter girl after his idiotic show would have said "Sorry, no donuts for douchebag famewhores."

HandBanana

HandBanana

Fanatic

Posted Dec 29, 2011 @ 1:02 AM

Goat head man. OMG. I was so disgusted by the goat head cooking that I had to change the channel and not look. Absolutely vile. You can EASILY get a decent mail for $7.50 that doesn't involve boiling the heads of farm animals! That fiscal fast thing is not a bad idea, maybe for one day a week. I was so horrified by the goat head thing that I can't remember much else about this guy. Except that I thought he was a total douchebag.

Jeff Yeager. He is a total douchebag. His books are awful, too.

TLC is incapable of presenting normal thrifty people, so they show freaks. Stealing ketchup packs and other dumb/gross/bordering on illegal or sleazy habits won't result in real, meaningful savings. But TLC shows that instead of people with a bunch of roommates to save on rent, or something else equally normal but boring. And big f-ing deal to paying off $89K in a year - obviously they take home way more than that. TLC (and other networks) seem to hardly ever show actual poor people.

WhitneyWhit

WhitneyWhit

Fanatic

Posted Dec 29, 2011 @ 3:34 AM

One of my biggest pet peeves is people who try to get something for nothing and that is exactly what all these people were trying to do.

The first guy disgusted me. I don't like to see food go to waste but there is a limit. I can't stomach looking at plates of food after people are done eating, I have to have the table cleared almost as soon as I'm done eating at a resturaunt, so the thought of taking leftovers like that just about did me in. I did have to laugh when all his talk about being cheap took place in a big ass gas guzzling SUV. How about taking a bike next time?

The next woman was completely batshit but I kinda saw where it came from. Clearly she was terrified of getting into debt again and that caused her thought train to derail. There are plenty of ways to logically cut corners and prevent yourself from going into massive debt, but killing your family by buying two year old dairy isn't one of them

Speaking of that. What kind of store was she shopping at that 1) sold two year old expired food and 2) was allowed to sell stuff that was expired?

The goat head guy was just gross but his ensembles cracked me up. The biking gear and then those shorts that he had over what looked like black leggings had me giggling. The fiscal week off sounded interesting but I got to thinking about it and I don't think it could be done. His wife went to work, so unless she took a bike or teleported she either paid for gas or paid for some type of transportation. They also used electricty that week as well as water. So they were still spending money. And I agree with the poster upthread who said you can get a meal for 7.50. I can go to Little Ceasars and get a large pizza and breadsticks for that or go to Burger King and order off the value menu. You don't have to eat eyes and brains.

The bartering guy was the worst of the bunch IMO. He wasn't frugile, he was just some loser wanting to get something for nothing. Nothing he was offereing would offset the expense of the person providing the services. Yea he did some manual labor at the hair salon but what's that gonna do? Those employees don't get paid by the job, they get paid by the hour. So whoever was supposed to sweep and clean the tanning beds got paid to stand around and watch someone do their job for them, how economical.

Edited by WhitneyWhit, Dec 29, 2011 @ 4:40 AM.

redfin4

redfin4

Loyal Viewer

Posted Dec 29, 2011 @ 7:54 AM

Oh man, totally forgot this was on last night. Was going to keep an eye out for a re-broadcast but y'all are scaring me! I think I'll pass. I was mainly interested in useful non-crazy tips on saving. Besides the toothpaste thing, did they show any other useful tips?

Dormouse

Dormouse

Channel Surfer

Posted Dec 29, 2011 @ 8:21 AM

Unless I'm forgetting something, the only other actual useful tip shown was the guy who poured apple cider vinegar into a mostly empty jelly jar and shook it, so the last bits of jelly aren't wasted and you have the basis of salad dressing or a marinade. I make my own vinaigrette with olive oil, vinegar, mustard and garlic, and when the mustard jar is down to the last bits, I do the same. But then he had to go and ruin it by calling it "Jeff's Slop Jar" or "Jeff's Dribbles" or something else that made me not want it anywhere near my food.

As for the goat head, I agree that for $7.50 he could have gotten, like, 8 chicken thighs or a couple of pounds of sausage, or plenty of other more "normal" things, and I'm sure he was just trying to show off his bizarre brand of frugality here, but... people do eat goat head. Shrug. I wasn't feeling his cooking skills though... boiling and then roasting, covered with a snowfall of dried herbs, with that Jelly Slurpers splashed over the top? How about you brown and then braise in your Dribblin' Drippins, where it can actually do some good?

hippobean

hippobean

Channel Surfer

Posted Dec 29, 2011 @ 8:34 AM

I was actually silly enough to think that this show may yield some useful tips ... lesson learned.

The goat head guy was sort of amusing and showed some initiative in an odd way ... until the goat heads. Just too out there ~ granted, as post above noted there are some who enjoy that sort of thing, which is valid; however, his wife was so *not* showing to share his extreme flavor palate, so why not get one goat head for himself, and then something she'd like; for $7.50 he surely could have gotten something for his wife .. I mean, is it really a savings when you're not using everything you're buying? (he could have eaten the leftovers, but still, his wife doesn't get a dinner she could actually eat).

Dumpster diver, well, color me surprised that gem found someone to not only marry him, but to stay with him for 25 years. If he's for real, that poor woman is either a saint, or enjoys being humiliated.

Paper toilet paper lady was just icky, I cannot fathom how vile that bathroom must smell. In an emergency, sure, but daily, and even for company? Cannot imagine being a guest in that home and picking up a stained cloth to use. As for the 2 year old cheese ... wouldn't it be illegal for the store to sell something that old, esp. when it poses a serious health risk??

Didn't watch the barter guy - could not bring myself to do it, he just came across as fake and performing for the camera.

Edited by hippobean, Dec 29, 2011 @ 8:34 AM.

WhineandCheez

WhineandCheez

Fanatic

Posted Dec 29, 2011 @ 9:32 AM

When I saw this on the lineup I was excited, as my ex was an EC and he drove me nuts. I used to have to put out the garbage AFTER he left for work or he would bring things back inside. Anyway, toilet paper lady--I am like "Oh no she di-int!" And expired food. And NEW processed food is bad for you, let alone expired processed food, where all the crap oils put in it have gone rancid and contributes to cellular inflammation! Buy a bag of dried beans! Start a garden! I missed the guy who married his wife for insurance and got her crap for their anniversary, but it reminded me of an episode of Oprah from like 15-20 years ago that I never forgot, a guy who bought his wife "a nice white pants suit" for Xmas from Sears Surplus--it was a nurse's uniform! (She was not a nurse) Also they had a deaf son and they used to go park outside the gate of the the drive in movie theater and have him read the lips of the actors in the movie that was playing. I have never forgotten these 2 things, so I await the rest of this this series eagerly.

lanorigb

lanorigb

Loyal Viewer

Posted Dec 29, 2011 @ 10:18 AM

Goat head man was the only one out of this bunch that amused me. His fiscal fast, as others have posted was a good idea in principle, but if you have to go out and fill your gas tank etc. right before the week starts your still spending money. I think living off what's in your pantry for a week would be a good idea, especially since they were two adults who could get by without fresh milk or fruit unlike families with kids, etc. The goat head was gross, but was even worse to me was he bought them knowing his wife probably wouldn't eat them-why not just buy any other type of meat? You can get a lot for 2 people with $7.50.

Toilet paper lady was just gross, and I totally call BS on her claim to save any money with that stupidity. What about the cost of laundry soap and using hot water to wash shit stained cloth? Please tell me she was using HOT, not cold or even warm water. Her laughing about her friends disgust over washing to rags and their concern about germs was really stupid. I'd be willing to bet her of her clothing including her babies has e-coli all over it. If anything, why wouldn't you use white cloth as rags so you don't have to look at brown stains when you reuse your wipe? The foraging for salad was also dumb. Your kid just stepped in dog crap two feet from the "herbs" your cutting for the free salad. Why not just grown some salad items in your own garden vs. taking things from a public park. The expired food she served to other kids...even stupider. This lady will end up in the ER with her kids for food poisoning at some point.

Fat guy who bought his wife water and dumpster dived for half dead roses? Gross. Eating rice you picked off the pavement? That was just ridiculous and the amount of time he wasted driving around to accomplish these tasks (aside from gas) had to cancel out any savings. The entire time he was bragging about savings in the bathroom? All I could think of was how about spending some time cleaning your filthy house. Just way too much to snark on with these characters.

Boton

Boton

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 29, 2011 @ 10:31 AM

Well, as usual, TLC has constructed a freak show. I will, however, defend a couple of the practices:

1. Forraging: Forraging for greens, mushrooms, and the like is a traditional way of getting food and one that is gaining popularity again. The problem is doing it in a public park that probably was sprayed with pesticides. But I forrage in my own fenced yard; a dandelion green salad can be yummy. I have even served it to guests. I just didn't call it (probably scripted) "wild salad" every 2 minutes. I called it "salad."

2. Cloth toilet wipes: Not my cup of tea, as this will be the last thing that I give up when the crap (no pun) hits the fan, but again it is only a slightly-outside-mainstream ultra-frugality practice. Many people limit the use of wipes to #1, which is a lot more sanatary since urine is sterile upon leaving the body unless you have an infection. Also, people typically use diaper pails for catching the used cloths and then treat them much like diapers, with a presoak and then a hot wash.

Dormouse

Dormouse

Channel Surfer

Posted Dec 29, 2011 @ 11:05 AM

I didn't mind the cloth TP thing *too* much, as I used cloth diapers and wipes on my son. We're using disposables now because of daycare (and laziness) and I really do miss the cloth wipes and the yummy-smelling butt spray I made to go with it. I think I saved quite a bit of money using cloth diapers, but my main concern was keeping All. Those. Diapers. out of the landfill. Toilet paper is much less volume and it biodegrades (I think... right?) and is just so cheap that while I'm not going to get worked up about this lady's habits, you will never find me using re-useable toilet paper. My time is even more valuable to me than my money.

I'm also one of those who sees the expiration date on packaged food as more of a guideline than a deadline, but, two years?! Yeah, no. I used to shop at one of those discount grocery warehouse places when I lived near one, and I scored some GREAT deals... My favorite was when they had Odwalla juices just a couple of days from the sell-by date for super cheap... I couldn't afford the full price, so this was an awesome treat. But again, two years? No. And expired dairy products? For kids? Absolutely not.

If I were in her babysitter's club I'd drop out unless she was asked to leave.

I don't know why I can't stop posting about this show. I think I'm just really annoyed that they're choosing to make it a freakshow (as usual) rather than showcase some really awesome frugality. As others have mentioned, why can't TP lady just grow a garden? There are so many advantages to that beyond the free food - fresh, organic, a wholesome, educational activity you can do with the kids, etc. And if you want to be "extreme" about it and show off that you've done all this unnecessary extra work, you can salvage the seeds from the vegetables you grow and never have to buy them again. But no, she has to forage in a park full of dog crap. Sigh.

Lavendereyes

Lavendereyes

Channel Surfer

Posted Dec 29, 2011 @ 11:20 AM

What a revolting show! I understand some are not offended by the woman who makes her family wipe their asses with cloth rags because some here have babies who use cloth diapers but there is a definite difference between babies and grown ass adults. As a mom of two teenage kids, I do not want to see, know or smell their bodily functions and I certainly do not want to launder anything like that. Why doesn't she make her family squat in the yard and wipe themselves with leaves? Oh.......that's probably the next episode. WTF???!!!

Edited by Lavendereyes, Dec 29, 2011 @ 1:30 PM.

MrsEVH

MrsEVH

Fanatic

Posted Dec 29, 2011 @ 11:28 AM

Toliet paperless lady: I wonder if her family ever got sick on the expired food. Then they would be using a lot of their reusable (poop stained) wipes.

Bartering guy: He looked like he was all sweated up after after cleaning the salon. Who would want to cut his hear with that sweaty head? Most salons want you to come in with clean hair.