1-7: "Revelations" 2011.12.18

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

34 replies to this topic

scout56

scout56

Couch Potato

• Interests:My interests now are taking care of my beautiful baby grand daughter. I love reading comments on TWOP> I can't wait to get on sometimes, especially after watching DWTS or whatever crazy show it is I am watching during the season.

Posted Dec 28, 2011 @ 5:57 PM

Oh yes Westy8283, I love what Anson M. did with his character. I thought I was the only one who noticed those little things, and I bet he created the 'hmmms' and 'huhs' on his own to make Cullen more real to us. I love his character so much and can't wait from week to week to see what happens. I wish I could keep myself from watching for three or more episodes so I can just lay down and enjoy a 'mini series' type show, but I'm too impatient. This is my favorite show, (oh! and Modern Family) That's all I have interest in when it comes to television shows today.

ShortTimer

ShortTimer

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 30, 2011 @ 1:16 AM

AMC is having a marathon on Sunday, Jan. 1, of all the episodes so far, leading up to the new one at its regular time.

8matt8

8matt8

Channel Surfer

Posted Dec 30, 2011 @ 2:53 AM

I can't wait for the marathon on Sunday. It will give me a chance to really watch the progression of some of the main characters...especially Cullen,Elam and Lily. Rewatching the episodes will also help me fill in some of the parts of the plot that I didn't catch the first time. I hope the marathon will pull in some new viewers. I've been trying to spread the word about HOA to my friends and family.

....ooops! HOW (not HOA)

Altosax3001

Altosax3001

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 8, 2012 @ 11:00 AM

Mr. Swede - who we now know is actually not Swedish! - is simply too much fun! "Yew will persyew Bohohnnan!"

Regarding the gunfight, I think there was a bit of unintended irony. There was a lot of realistic emphasis on counting the shots discharged, both by the shooter and his opponent. But back when Cullen saved Lily from the evil "rescuers" I counted the shots-without-reloading from his Griswold, and I'm fairly sure there were eight.

This show doesn't transport the viewer (at least this viewer) to another world the way Deadwood did, but I'm still enjoying it more & more and I'm glad it's getting a second season.

taiko

taiko

Fanatic

Posted Jan 8, 2012 @ 6:57 PM

Another bit of irony is even though they are called six shooters because of a lack of safety features and the danger of accidental discharge most carried them with an empty chamber making them effectively five shooters