2-12: "To the Lost" 2011.12.11 (recap)

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

303 replies to this topic

TWoP Howard

TWoP Howard

Stalker

• Interests:If you have a question for me, please use the Messenger/PM system to do that rather than leaving a question on this page (unless you’re a Just Tuned In, who won’t be able to use it until you’ve made ten posts). Thanks!

Posted Dec 11, 2011 @ 4:59 AM

From TWoP and ZAP2it:

Jimmy hopes to make amends with Nucky; Margaret considers a life-changing decision.

Edited by TWoP Howard, Dec 17, 2011 @ 2:29 AM.

over30patheticgroupie

over30patheticgroupie

Fanatic

Posted Dec 11, 2011 @ 10:01 PM

What is Richard going to do now?

Poor Jimmy's son doesn't stand a chance.

Margaret is going to be in a heap of trouble when Nucky finds out she signed over the deed to the church.

alesquire2

alesquire2

Channel Surfer

Posted Dec 11, 2011 @ 10:01 PM

I feel like I did when Stringer died.

AimingforYoko

AimingforYoko

Stalker

Posted Dec 11, 2011 @ 10:02 PM

No Jimmy! You're leaving your kid in the hands of that psycho!
I wonder if Nucky'd whack a priest?

MarmeeNoir

MarmeeNoir

Channel Surfer

Posted Dec 11, 2011 @ 10:02 PM

I'm so angry, I can't see straight. I now officially hate Nucky.

Lazard000

Lazard000

Loyal Viewer

Posted Dec 11, 2011 @ 10:03 PM

Knew Jimmy was gone when he decided to go meet Nucky alone.

Hollyoak

Hollyoak

Channel Surfer

I don't freaking believe it.

I actually jumped.

Wow...

Poor Jimmy.

Midge

Midge

Fanatic

Oh, Margaret, for God's sake. Nucky is going to have a cow. I really have gone from having her be my favorite to not understanding her at all.

I'm at a loss as to why Nucky has thrown his lot in with Manny.

What's going to happen to poor Tommy. and Poor Richard.

I have no clue as to what is going to happen next year. This could have practically been a series finale, not just a season.

I'm feeling a bit bummed about this epi. gonna have to sit with it for a while.

luvtotha9s

luvtotha9s

Channel Surfer

Posted Dec 11, 2011 @ 10:05 PM

I hate Margaret more. Not sure why Nucky did that to Jimmy though—he could have trusted him again, but he believed Eli over Jimmy. I guess blood really is thicker than water. I'm confused. Richard is going to be pissed.

Edited by TWoP Howard, Dec 12, 2011 @ 11:21 AM.
Added punctuation

Lazard000

Lazard000

Loyal Viewer

If you're not a historical figure you can go at anytime.

Souvien

Souvien

Channel Surfer

Had to happen as Jimmy's charachter really had no where else to go. Just hope Nucky can find a use for Richard! The tete a tete between Margaret and the Prosecutor was one of the best sceens of the season!

GoMavs41

GoMavs41

Couch Potato

JIMMY NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Fuck you very much Nucky Thompson!

HopeWings

HopeWings

Loyal Viewer

Posted Dec 11, 2011 @ 10:06 PM

Even though I think most of us saw it coming, Holy. Fucking. Shit! That last montage actually left a lump in my throat...

Also...Do the Sopranos parallels ever end? Tony kills Chris=Nucky kills James. And then there's the minor bit about Harrow/Jimmy going for a "steak" after delivering up the men to Chalky (a la Tony/Pussy going for a steak after Matthew Bevilaqua's murder? And the Irish steakhouse at that?) And--the line "...A man who orders up murder just like you and I order up a cup of coffee" -- Was that not directly from the Sopranos episode where Uncle Jr. is on trial in Whitecaps? And then we see "Uncle Jr"of course on BE...hmmmm...I now fully think Nucky is every bit the thug Tony was.

Edited by HopeWings, Dec 11, 2011 @ 10:08 PM.

cranky in NH

cranky in NH

Channel Surfer

I knew that it was inevitable that Jimmy was going to end up dead, there just seemed nowhere for his character to go. But I was still shocked when it happened, and shocked that Nucky did it himself.

Poor Harrow is going to be lost himself now.

I wonder if Nucky is meant to truly believe Eli's side of the story. I keep changing my mind about that.

Edited by cranky in NH, Dec 11, 2011 @ 10:06 PM.

kc77

kc77

Channel Surfer

I cried. No way this happened. I kept expecting a dream sequence. RIP Jimmy :(

It just hit me, he knew he was going to die. He gave Tommy something that I believe meant a lot to him, and Gillian seemed to even know. The final clue was telling Richard to stay home.

Edited by kc77, Dec 11, 2011 @ 10:09 PM.

growsonwalls

growsonwalls

Fanatic

While that might have been a thrilling season finale I wonder if it will also be looked back upon as the point where BE jumped the shark. The reason: Nucky is irredeemable now, a total monster who killed his surrogate son. Shows need their protagonists to be somewhat likable. For instance Tony was a monster, but he was loyal to his crew and his family. What Nucky did tonight (from the horribly cynical marriage to Margaret to Jimmy's murder) makes him so hateful I don't know if I can watch another episode with him as the show's supposed "hero."

buttercupia

buttercupia

Couch Potato

• Interests:Movies, fiber arts, justice

Posted Dec 11, 2011 @ 10:07 PM

Jimmy committed Suicide by Nucky. He knew it too. That's why he left his dog tags with Tommy.

I could see Jimmy's end coming but there was a lot more in this ep I did not see coming. My jaw is a bit on the floor. Margaret made him pay for his sins, all right.

Armybrat3M

Armybrat3M

Channel Surfer

I am so stunned, I did not see Jimmy's death coming, and then Margaret with the deed....wtf..

Bookreader

Bookreader

Channel Surfer

Wow, I really walked away feeling and felt throughout the episode that Nucky really is a monster.

There was something darkly humorous though about how Margaret obviously knew he was bullshitting her and could guess what really happened based on Nucky's euphemistic comments about those situations. And similarly, the scene where he's telling her how much he loves her and her children- while it is true, he's was so obviously doing it to keep from testifying and she clearly knew it. And the same is probably true of is playing with the kids.

Basically, I came away feeling that he was a total sociopath whose only redeeming quality is affection for a few people.

Not too pleased with Margaret's actions either, though.

Seems really unfair that Nucky did that to Jimmy and did nothing against Manny, his brother, or Gillian (granted, no one mentioned her name). Poor Deputy Halloran too.

Edited by Bookreader, Dec 11, 2011 @ 10:11 PM.

Lazard000

Lazard000

Loyal Viewer

Posted Dec 11, 2011 @ 10:08 PM

.Not sure why Nucky did that to Jimmy though...he could have trusted him again, but he believed Eli over Jimmy. I guess Blood really is thicker than water...I'm confused....

I doubt Nucky trusts Eli more. More like he'll be easier to control.

rosjaq

rosjaq

Fanatic

Posted Dec 11, 2011 @ 10:08 PM

Finally, Jimmy was moving past his Lady MacBeth-ish mother...and then this. I hope Richard takes Nucky out. Eli's the weapon of his own destruction, but man, I want to think Nucky had a reason for picking him over Jimmy.

aliyameadow

aliyameadow

Fanatic

Posted Dec 11, 2011 @ 10:09 PM

I have to wonder if Van Alden chose Cicero for a reason. Does he plan to redeem himself there, or was it just a random choice?

Damn Jimmy. You coulda been a contender.

And yeah, Margaret's going to be in deep kaka when Nucky finds out.

Finally, Forsythe is getting older (OK, maybe I'm getting older too), but he's still an attractive man.

alesquire2

alesquire2

Channel Surfer

Margaret. Just WTF?!?! Now you're his wife, and your financial welfare is tied even more solidly to him. If you were going to screw him over - again - why even marry him? Or do you think you're "saving" him?

Poor Tommy. he is doomed with his psychotic Me-Maw.

A Beaverhausen

A Beaverhausen

Fanatic

I don't think Nucky could ever have trusted Jimmy again. And Jimmy oddly didn't seem to mind, almost like he welcomed it.

I'm just really perplexed with Margaret. What is her goal, to ruin Nucky from the inside?

mutualcraze

mutualcraze

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 11, 2011 @ 10:10 PM

Nucky is irredeemable now, a total monster who killed his surrogate son. Shows need their protagonists to be somewhat likable.

This is how I feel too. Now that Nucky has shown that side of him, I'm not sure I can continue to watch. There's just no way to root for him.

luvtotha9s

luvtotha9s

Channel Surfer

Posted Dec 11, 2011 @ 10:10 PM

So Jimmy knew he was going to his death?....that's why he told Richard to stay home, that's why he gave Tommy his dog tags, and that's why he showed up unarmed. Wow I still can't believe Nucky did it....I have no clue where the writers are headed now

chlyn

chlyn

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 11, 2011 @ 10:11 PM

OMG WTF?????

No, I didn't see that coming. While I'm glad Manny Horvitz will live to fight another day, I don't understand why Jimmy had to die.

...So anyway, any chance Margaret and Owen will get back together? /ducks/

Souvien

Souvien

Channel Surfer

Posted Dec 11, 2011 @ 10:11 PM

Wonder if Eli is ever going to put the finger on Luciano and Lansky? Plus Harding is going to die soon. There's much to look forward to in the next season.

Bookreader

Bookreader

Channel Surfer

Posted Dec 11, 2011 @ 10:14 PM

Regarding Van Alden moving to Cicero, I know from history that Al Capone terrorized the city- according to Wikipedia, starting around 1924- so not far off in the show's history.

I can see it now. Van Alden and Capone. It will be the buddy comedy of the year.

Hollyoak

Hollyoak

Channel Surfer

Posted Dec 11, 2011 @ 10:15 PM

Man, Nucky, why'd you have to go all Ned Stark on Jimmy?

That's cold, man.

That's cold.