Homicide Hunter

• Please log in to reply

159 replies to this topic

planetoid

planetoid

Loyal Viewer

Posted Dec 28, 2013 @ 9:55 AM

From the New Falcon article:

"The first episode was shot in Hollywood; however, when it was not well-received by fans, they relocated to Colorado Springs."

I know squat about producing a TV show, but what the hell difference does it make where this particular one is shot? Kenda is SITTING IN A ROOM talking. The room could be anywhere and the audience wouldn't care. Peculiar.

lu1wml

lu1wml

Fanatic

Posted Dec 28, 2013 @ 1:13 PM

There's a marathon on the Discovery Channel today, 6pm-2am.

Probably shows you've seen, but...

On U-verse, it's channel 120.

biakbiak

biakbiak

Stalker

Posted Dec 28, 2013 @ 1:35 PM

I know squat about producing a TV show, but what the hell difference does it make where this particular one is shot? Kenda is SITTING IN A ROOM talking. The room could be anywhere and the audience wouldn't care. Peculiar.

There not talking abouthis talking heads, they are talking about the reenactments.

TattleTeeny

TattleTeeny

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 29, 2013 @ 6:23 PM

In some of the shows, I think earlier ones, they say "solved almost 400 homicides," while the later ones say "more than 387."

I think that what, 388, is close enough to 400 to say "almost 400," but I wonder if someone complained, and they changed it.

I wondered too. Plus, "more than 387" is a really weird thing to say!

Jeann

Jeann

Loyal Viewer

Posted Dec 29, 2013 @ 10:30 PM

Yeah, when the show was made in California, you could see palm trees and such during the reenactments. Certainly didn't look like Colorado.

andcoletar

andcoletar

Fanatic

Posted Dec 30, 2013 @ 2:50 PM

I've also wondered about the "more than 387."  It just seems like such a random number to throw out there!  Say "more than 350" or "almost 400."  I don't get it but I like to think that Kenda thought it sounded cool so they put it in.

Runner123

Runner123

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 30, 2013 @ 9:23 PM

Some of those interview clips on the ID website are really good! Also enjoyed the Kenda V. Kenda clips. My favorite were "A Decorated Family Man and Kenda's Future. My favorite of the Kenda V. Kenda clips is "Kendaisms"

TattleTeeny

TattleTeeny

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 1, 2014 @ 1:28 PM

Yeah, when the show was made in California, you could see palm trees and such during the reenactments. Certainly didn't look like Colorado.

Haha--you can see palm trees in the movie Halloween too, which took place in Illinois.

Edited by TattleTeeny, Jan 1, 2014 @ 1:29 PM.

Jeann

Jeann

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jan 1, 2014 @ 5:13 PM

Saw some of the Season 1 shows recently. Faux Kenda is wearing glasses and rarely speaks.  Season 2, no glasses, and talks sometimes. Season 3, he smokes and really talks!

mansonlamps

mansonlamps

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 2, 2014 @ 2:50 PM

Am catching up on S2 via marathon. I just saw one in which the dead woman worked in a fast food restaurant and was shot in the face on her way home. At first they painted her as the hard-working salt of the earth type, most friendly person in the entire world, would give you the shirt off her back etc. In the end it came out that she was a passive aggressive bully who would taunt and mock the younger employees. Not saying she deserved to be killed by any means, but if she was in grammar school she would have been long suspended under zero tolerance bully policies. Apparently we expect better behavior from children than adults. Bitch.