S9 - Heather Terhune: Don't Let This Thread Be Too Asian

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

72 replies to this topic

duandsku

duandsku

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 8, 2011 @ 3:30 AM

Do we finally have a certified villain for the show? She clearly has issues, as she really hammered at Bev for spending all her time preparing and cooking shrimp, even though her team had the first course and seemed perfectly happy with her contribution. I'm sure she helped plate the latter courses once they were done, and it's not like any team seemed to help the teams that went before them, unless you count Lindsay and Heather's bossiness as "helping".

In the next episode, she seems to go even further off the deep end, literally screaming at Grayson just for trying to stop a temper tantrum.

I really, really wish Chuy hadn't been sent home for his extremely overcooked salmon, with Heather and her extremely overcooked lamb taking his stead. How did she not land in the bottom again?

TryDelta

TryDelta

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 8, 2011 @ 4:14 PM

She's unpleasant. And bossy. And a little too impressed with herself.

She works at Sable Kitchen which I really enjoyed the one time I visited. I will go ahead and assume she wasn't working that day.

Nena

Nena

Fanatic

Posted Dec 13, 2011 @ 5:07 PM

My only reason for wanting Bev to be eliminated is to set up the scenario where she absolutely destroys Heather in a LCK the following week. Barring that, I'd settle for seeing Heather called on her shit at judges' table instead of it being reserved to the talking heads during the episode.

Camo

Camo

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 14, 2011 @ 8:28 PM

Now this is a nasty person. Heather radiates unpleasantness - she fairly beams smug evil. The way she's targeted (crazy, crazy) Bev in particular makes me uncomfortable. I want her to go down, hard, and sent home in a humiliating fashion. Please, Santa!

sunflowers83823

sunflowers83823

Channel Surfer

Posted Dec 14, 2011 @ 11:42 PM

This woman is a bully, plain and simple. I believe that she is completely insecure, based on her behavior with Bev. Bev seems like a very quiet, focused person, and Heather takes that as apathetic. She seems to think that because Bev doesn't yell and scream that her perspective is moot. She has NO concept of teamwork.

LoganTheHuge

LoganTheHuge

Fanatic

Posted Dec 15, 2011 @ 1:29 AM

The title should be "Heather Turane: Don't Let This Thread Be Too Asian."

What an arrogant bully and a jerk. I don't like her. AT ALL.

p.s. I just wanted to add: Heather, you're an asshole!!!

Edited by LoganTheHuge, Dec 15, 2011 @ 1:51 AM.

bsur

bsur

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 15, 2011 @ 11:09 AM

Wow - that was the most non-apologetic non-apology I've ever heard: "I'm sorry if you think I hurt your feelings" - wha?

Also - still with the shrimp? What is wrong with this woman?

bigredcat7

bigredcat7

Fanatic

Posted Dec 15, 2011 @ 1:00 PM

Heather hasn't backed off. She was re-Tweeting anyone who had anything negative to say about Beverly during the airings of the show last night. Anyone who expressed any admiration for Heather's actions got a "Thank you!" or "I just speak my mind!"

Heather is one nasty, putrid piece of work.

goofygirl

goofygirl

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 15, 2011 @ 1:41 PM

I agree with all of you upthread. Who IS thsi bitch and where does she work? Just gonna HAVE to make sure not to go there! Ugh!

CheerfulHamster

CheerfulHamster

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 15, 2011 @ 2:02 PM

Her name is Terhune ...

But that doesn't change the fact that she's an insufferable asshat. Being Shrek's twin sister can do that to a person.

She's Top Chef's Honey Badger.

Joan21

Joan21

Channel Surfer

Posted Dec 15, 2011 @ 6:45 PM

It always shocks me when cheftestants with established careers are assholes on TC, given that I think it's well known that the careers of people like Elia and Ilan have suffered for the bullshit that they pulled on the show (not that either of them were great chefs to begin with, but the bad PR hurt too). If I'm in a city where a cheftestant that I liked on the show has a restaurant, I'll almost always try to go but I'll never go to a restaurant of someone like Heather.

Nena

Nena

Fanatic

Posted Dec 15, 2011 @ 8:04 PM

She's Top Chef's Honey Badger.

The Honey Badger doesn't deserve that.

soymilk

soymilk

Fanatic

Posted Dec 16, 2011 @ 7:06 AM

I wonder if Ty-Lor has ever seen this side of her. They used to work together, right? I'd be mortified if I were him.

Mathematician

Mathematician

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 16, 2011 @ 9:04 AM

Heather hasn't backed off. She was re-Tweeting anyone who had anything negative to say about Beverly during the airings of the show last night. Anyone who expressed any admiration for Heather's actions got a "Thank you!" or "I just speak my mind!"

She also deletes the negative ones, so...she might claim she doesn't give a damn, but she does.

I'm always amazed that people take the golden opportunity of Top Chef and shit all over it. Even if you don't win (and there can be only one) you have this wonderful chance to obtain the good will of the viewing community. Really get your name out there, get investors interested, or you can come across as a mean bully.

Also. I would pay to have Hung come back and kick her culinary ass - using Asian flavors.

CheerfulHamster

CheerfulHamster

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 16, 2011 @ 11:59 AM

Her Twitter feed was sad, IMO. Painted a picture of a very defensive and unscrupulous imbecile with zero self-awareness.

TryDelta

TryDelta

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 16, 2011 @ 3:07 PM

Her Twitter feed was sad, IMO.

So pitiful. Being on Top Chef is surely a big source of stress and it really could have been why her behavior has been so disappointing. Now I'm just convinced she IS that heinous.

A damn shame because as I mentioned before I've been to Sable and thought it was good (if not amazing compared to the many other options in Chicago) but I'd be hard pressed to go back

Edited by TryDelta, Dec 16, 2011 @ 3:10 PM.

Zach808

Zach808

Loyal Viewer

Posted Dec 17, 2011 @ 1:43 AM

Ugh. HAAAATE this bitch. Even though I don't hate Beverly, I was hoping Heather would be eliminated. She's as bad as the Season 2 chefs.

Mathematician

Mathematician

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 18, 2011 @ 6:28 AM

I think she may have finally understood that she's goofed. She's deleted her fan page on facebook and her twitter feed is now locked.

Apparently she can learn.

So stupid, lots of people turn into horrible human beings when placed on a reality TV show. They can be prodded by the producers or just react poorly to an unusual situation. However, most people, when removed from that situation by time and tide realize "oh, I was a terrible human being, better say I'm sorry."

She actually took cooking oil and threw it on the fire.

Impressive.

bigredcat7

bigredcat7

Fanatic

Posted Dec 18, 2011 @ 9:41 AM

I'm not sure locking her Twitter feed means she understands she goofed. I think it means she is so thin-skinned that she can only handle comments from her supporters. No differing opinions allowed. Weak.

Cookie Hoarder

Cookie Hoarder

Fanatic

Posted Dec 18, 2011 @ 1:56 PM

I'm always amazed that people take the golden opportunity of Top Chef and shit all over it. Even if you don't win (and there can be only one) you have this wonderful chance to obtain the good will of the viewing community.

Exactly. Carla Hall never won, but is pretty well loved by both the fan community and the chefs that she competed with. You can come on this show, cook well, and conduct yourself well, or you can come on this show and be Heather.

I can't believe the judges let that "I think I'm in the bottom because everyone is jealous that I won last week so they voted for me" slide without argument.

DoxieMama

DoxieMama

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 18, 2011 @ 2:55 PM

Ugh, this girl is a bully, plain and simple. The way she went after Beverly was repugnant to me. I don't care if Bev was being slow or whatever, Heather targeted her because she knew she could. I hope a royal smackdown is coming her way.

redfin4

redfin4

Loyal Viewer

Posted Dec 20, 2011 @ 8:50 AM

One would hope, right? But considering so much time has passed and Heather was still proud of how she behaved on the show (up until a few days ago, anyway), I'm guessing a royal smackdown never happened or it did and had no effect.

Besides S1 Tiffani, have any TC cheftestants ever made a change for the better after seeing how badly they came across on the show?

Fukui San

Fukui San

Fanatic

Posted Dec 20, 2011 @ 9:17 AM

Guys, I'm Asian. Am I allowed to post on this thread?

Besides S1 Tiffani, have any TC cheftestants ever made a change for the better after seeing how badly they came across on the show?

Sure. Tool and Douchebag Stephen and Angry Dale to name two.

Birdhee

Birdhee

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 20, 2011 @ 1:13 PM

Lisa F. seemed pretty chill in that reunion dinner show that Fabio hosted a couple years ago. It wasn't much to go on, yes, and it was a much lower level of competition with other chefs, but she seemed to be over a lot of her crap. And she has flat-out stated in at least one interview that she "said stupid things" on the show and "learned from [her] mistakes."

redfin4

redfin4

Loyal Viewer

Posted Dec 20, 2011 @ 1:57 PM

Ahhh Angry Dale. The last memory I have of him was during TCM, when he got all up in Michael Chiarello's face about... what was it? Refrigerator space? I don't know. I do remember reading that he had gotten more subdued, but I forgot.

I don't remember Lisa from that dinner, but it's good that she's chilled out. As awful as she was, I don't think Lisa was a bully like the S2 chefs or Mike I. I think Lisa was just unpleasant like Tiffani was.

As for Heather. I dunno, maybe she'll change but I'm not optimistic. She just seems so much worse than previous cheftestants.

HawaiiTVGuy

HawaiiTVGuy

Loyal Viewer

Posted Dec 20, 2011 @ 4:12 PM

I will admit to not seeing how bad all the previous cheftestants have behaved but the ones that I have seen that had "attitude" issues, except for Mike I., it was never "personal" issues against a specific chef. And a distinguishing situation between the instant situation and Mike I. was that the target of Mike I.'s disdain (forgot her name) fired back on her own as well, compared to Beverly who has tried her best to avoid conflict. Regardless, I the ugliness that was Mike I.'s behavior in Las Vegas has caused me to view him negatively since that time and his AS performance never changed that viewpoint.

TWoP Nikita

TWoP Nikita

Fanatic

Posted Dec 21, 2011 @ 12:20 AM

The topic is Heather, not past contestants' changed behavior. Please keep to that. Thanks.

BobEPeru

BobEPeru

Channel Surfer

Posted Dec 21, 2011 @ 2:01 PM

I've been to Sable, and even before seeing this display of chronic assholery on TV I'd say that the drinks, and the bartenders are fantastic, but the food is average for the area, and barely that. The drinks are $13 a cocktail too. I won't be back, especially after seeing this season.

Shinhao

Shinhao

Channel Surfer

Posted Dec 22, 2011 @ 1:28 AM

Well, Heather just got destroyed, in the best possible fashion.

1. Tom pointed out that Beverly turned out two top-3 dishes with a pressure cooker, something that might have saved Heather's dish.

2. Heather got sent home for a dish that was completely hers.

3. Episode ends with Beverly talking about karma.

Edited by TWoP Nikita, Dec 22, 2011 @ 2:16 AM.
off-topic

bigredcat7

bigredcat7

Fanatic

Posted Dec 22, 2011 @ 2:07 AM

Don't worry, Heather. I don't feel bad that you're gone. I feel very, very good about it.

Ding, dong, the bitch is gone.