T.I. & Tiny: The Family Hustle

• Please log in to reply

104 replies to this topic

OaklandGirl

OaklandGirl

Fanatic

Posted Dec 1, 2011 @ 6:07 PM

Anyone in to watch this new VH1 Monday night show? I admit that Bravo, VH1 and MTV own me... but this actually looks interesting.

I like their relationship. They seem to genuinely love and like each other, enjoy each other's company, are great friends, and manage to somehow still keep it hot (even though I've heard rumors that it involves bringing in other women, 'free passes,' etc.). Their grammar is atrocious and Tiny's voice irks me, but I will try and get past that.

There's a sneak peak here: http://www.vh1.com/v.../playlist.jhtml

PharmGal10

PharmGal10

Fanatic

Posted Dec 1, 2011 @ 6:57 PM

Interesting. TI told Tiny she couldn't do that show with Toya anymore on BET because he didn't think it was appropriate, but a show featuring him is okay? I guess.

I have a soft spot in my heart for TI, but I think he is stupid as hell. I hope he stays out of jail, but I think he has a long ways to go before getting on the right path, if he ever does at all.

Edited by PharmGal10, Dec 1, 2011 @ 6:58 PM.

sereion

sereion

Fanatic

Posted Dec 2, 2011 @ 12:52 AM

I will be watching because despite his recent troubles and and poor judgement, I've always been a TI fan; in fact, he's one of the very few "new school rappers" that I like. He has made some dumb mistakes, but he seems like a genuinely nice, down to earth guy who has good intentions, but somehow gets caught up in some BS.

Tiny's voice grates, but I was a Xscape fan back in the day, and I liked her from what few episodes I saw on "Tiny and Toya". They seem like a cute couple, so I would love to see how they interact with each other and their children

OaklandGirl

OaklandGirl

Fanatic

Posted Dec 2, 2011 @ 12:28 PM

Tiny's voice grates, but I was a Xscape fan back in the day, and I liked her from what few episodes I saw on "Tiny and Toya". They seem like a cute couple, so I would love to see how they interact with each other and their children.

I agree. She also isn't as content as I pegged her to be. I just assumed she was sitting around eating bon-bons and attending to Tip's needs everyday. She is actually a songwriter, opened that nail salon, and tries to get girl groups off the ground. So, she's definitely got her own 'hustle' about her.

Their interactions do seem to be genuine. I get the sense that they are 'down for whatever' for each other and it seems to work for them.

vmc88

vmc88

Loyal Viewer

Posted Dec 2, 2011 @ 12:34 PM

Tiny's voice sounds like a muppet. However...I will be tuning in.

LaffyTaffy

LaffyTaffy

Fanatic

Posted Dec 2, 2011 @ 12:35 PM

I don't know if I'd tune in to this or not, though I like both TI and Tiny. I watched five minutes of an episode of the show she had with Toya, and the way they mangled the English language was so grating and irritating I had to turn it off.

PharmGal10

PharmGal10

Fanatic

Posted Dec 2, 2011 @ 12:45 PM

Tiny used to be cute. Not the cutest in Xscape (Kandi takes that crown all day, every day), but she did some really weird stuff to her cheeks and lips. She didn't have a lisp before.

I saw TI and Tiny on Wendy Williams's show and I have to say...Tiny seems downright demure next to the man. Very quiet and shy. But when I saw her on Tiny and Toya, she was pretty vocal. She mentioned that she was approached by RHW of ATL and told them about Kandi which confused me a bit because I thought Kandi said that her, Toya, and Tiny approached BET with a pilot, and BET said they needed to drop Kandi. Then Kandi got a call in that same week from Bravo. IDK, maybe I'm forgetting how it went down. But whatever. lol.

OaklandGirl

OaklandGirl

Fanatic

Posted Dec 6, 2011 @ 6:04 AM

Did anyone happen to catch this last night? I thought it was really cute.

T.I. seems to be a more old school, traditionalist than I thought. I liked the way he made a decision to go to his son's game after he realized how sad the boy was when he said he couldn't make it.

Love his interactions with Tiny. He seems to dote on her, and spoils her. They seem to have an easy, fun rapport. He is a bit of a controlling, though, which leads me to believe he's very old school in his dealings... that and how he talks. Reminds me of your run of the mill old southern black grandpa. lol

Lovepink

Lovepink

Video Archivist

Posted Dec 6, 2011 @ 7:26 AM

Just when I thought I couldn't love T.I anymore, he turns around the car to go to Demonis game. That was a sweet moment. I hope he always prioritizes family over career.

That man is just so smooth. I love his accent.

Poor Tiny. She was getting all kinds of slander on twitter last night. While I don't think she's a beauty queen, she does look better than the last time I saw her on t.v. Plus she's a loyal chic, a good mother and a hard worker. So I think the positive outweighs the bad with her. To her credit, none of the name calling seems to hurt her confidence.

And yes T.I is very traditional, Tiny has said that he doesn't want her to work. Which is crazy because when he met her she was on her music hustle.

Edited by Lovepink, Dec 6, 2011 @ 7:31 AM.

PharmGal10

PharmGal10

Fanatic

Posted Dec 6, 2011 @ 9:32 AM

TI seems cool, but he is very controlling. That's not my cup of tea, but he's not my man, so it doesn't matter. lol. And Tiny...much as I want to like her: she's made many bad decisions in the past few years, just like TI, and their children have had to suffer because of it. I want to continue to tune in and support, but eh.

sereion

sereion

Fanatic

Posted Dec 6, 2011 @ 1:01 PM

I caught it last night, and they are a very cute couple. TI didn't appear controlling to me, but I agree that he does seem traditional and "old school". I like that he dotes and pampers Tiny and that he's all about his family--which was evident when he chose to go to his son's game over an award show--that's was struck me the most. I knew there was a reason why I always liked him, lol.

I will be tuning in.

ayajedi2

ayajedi2

Loyal Viewer

Posted Dec 6, 2011 @ 2:08 PM

T.I and Tiny have an 'interesting' relationship. I hope that he gets his act together and stays out of the slammer but given his history, I don't hold my breath.
I remember Tiny from Xscape days, she was kinda busted then and looks even more busted now. She and T.I both have talent so I hope they can maintain.
Tiny's friends are kinda...scary to me, as a black woman, I cannot understand all the hair and the makeup lol!
T.I is a good rapper and has a sexy swag so for their family's sake I hope that gets his shit together.
Yes I will watch another episode

Jade Foxx

Jade Foxx

Loyal Viewer

Posted Dec 6, 2011 @ 2:13 PM

I caught it last night, and they are a very cute couple

Agreed! They've had longevity, a "blended" family, and have stuck it out together between the highs and the lows. Tiny may not be a beauty queen, but if Tip likes it, I love it.

I knew there was a reason why I always liked him, lol.

That smile!!! I am a sucker for a stunning grill, and T.I.'s is just...swoon!

Mikita

Mikita

Fanatic

Posted Dec 6, 2011 @ 3:23 PM

The highlight of the show was T.I deciding to go to Damoni's football game and miss the BET rehearsal. Loved it. Family always comes first.

Tiny's friends are kinda...scary to me, as a black woman, I cannot understand all the hair and the makeup lol!

Me Too!

I liked this show much better than Tiny and Toya.

honybr

honybr

Loyal Viewer

Posted Dec 6, 2011 @ 3:54 PM

Just when I thought I couldn't love T.I anymore, he turns around the car to go to Demonis game. That was a sweet moment. I hope he always prioritizes family over career.

I totally agree. I have always been a fan, but in that one scene he went up another 10 notches in my book. Love his relationship with the kids and Tiny. I like that he is involved with all the kids and not just the ones he has with Tiny. Hopefully they can learn from his mistakes though.

The scene where he was teaching the youngest child not to eat on the white carpet cracked me up. My grandmother had a room that was off limits to eating so we didn't "mess up her couch" and that reminded me of that.

My favorite part was when the older lady (I turned in late so I don't know who it was) was all "To God be the glory!" and then the toasted the wine and TI asks "Are y'all praying over liquor?" Hilarious. I also liked how he was making fun of Snake for driving so slow. I'm sure he didn't want to risk a ticket with you in the car TI. I'll be tuning in every week.

prosperity2day

prosperity2day

Fanatic

Posted Dec 6, 2011 @ 4:17 PM

OaklandGirl
Did anyone happen to catch this last night? I thought it was really cute.

I was really surprised. I'm not into hip hop therefore I know nothing about T.I. except for what I've read on other sites or saw in the news. He seems to be genuinely nice and really loves his wife and family. Telling his driver to turn the car around to go to his son's football game even though he had another appointment was a plus in my book.

I know this is a reality show so I would expect some of it to be fake but I hope his love towards his family is not built up just to get ratings. Definitely will check this out next week.

I love the opening overhead shot of the family on the bed then it closes with just T.I. and Tiny. Very nice.

Edited by prosperity2day, Dec 6, 2011 @ 4:20 PM.

RealityChanel

RealityChanel

Channel Surfer

Posted Dec 6, 2011 @ 11:20 PM

T.I has always expressed his love for his family so it was cute to see them all together.

Loved his whole "don't do anything in the white room". The youngest one is adorable.

Tiny and T.I are such a weird paring, but I guess I can admit to finding them a little cute.

ferrisave

ferrisave

Video Archivist

Posted Dec 7, 2011 @ 12:32 AM

Loved Tip's son's smile in the van when Tip told the driver to turn around. He was so proud of his father for doing the right thing. I really appreciate TI not being scared to show he's a family man and even though all the kids aren't from he and Tiny he treats all of them equally. They are all his children, no questions asked.

I have a new found respect for him.

OaklandGirl

OaklandGirl

Fanatic

Posted Dec 7, 2011 @ 4:27 PM

Loved Tip's son's smile in the van when Tip told the driver to turn around.

Yes! That boy looked some melancholy looking out of the window while he listened in on that phone call. To see him start to grin when he turned the van around was so sweet.

andcoletar

andcoletar

Fanatic

Posted Dec 9, 2011 @ 2:24 PM

Agreed!! I think that smile was my favorite part of the whole episode!

PoeticJustice32

PoeticJustice32

Fanatic

Posted Dec 9, 2011 @ 2:54 PM

And yes T.I is very traditional, Tiny has said that he doesn't want her to work. Which is crazy because when he met her she was on her music hustle.

Yeah. I thought it was cute how he told her he doesn't need her to work, he just needs her to make it easy for him to work.

Am I reading right? Tiny was a part of Xscape? Say what?!!! "My little secret" was my SONG back in the day. This makes he like her even more now.

Tiny and T.I are such a weird paring,

I loved how he said that Tiny has been there for him before there was ever a "T.I". She was there through the ups and downs and if he didn't marry her, he would have never gotten married. I think they are only weird because she's not the typical "hot" woman that most rappers associate themselves with, but this makes T.I. even more attractive to me. He's seems extremely loyal and family oriented and if Tiny got T.I. to commit to her then she's got to be a down ass chick for real. Its a good look for both of them.

I knew T.I. and Tiny had a lot of kids but I assumed they had all of them together. I think they said she had a daughter before and T.I. had two boys before....and they have 3? together. I think its great that they are able to make their blended family work. I wonder if T.I. has any trouble with the mother of his other children.

This show is a definitely a good contrast to the crap that goes on with "Love and Hip Hop". All those rappers that treat their girlfriends and the mother(s) of their children like dirt. I'll definitely be watching again.

ladero

ladero

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 9, 2011 @ 3:55 PM

I knew T.I. and Tiny had a lot of kids but I assumed they had all of them together. I think they said she had a daughter before and T.I. had two boys before....and they have 3? together

Tiny has a daughter from a previous relationship and two boys with T.I. T.I. has two sons with his high school sweetheart and a daughter with a "friend" that he conceived while "on a break" from the high school sweetheart.

thinkpink2585

thinkpink2585

Loyal Viewer

Posted Dec 9, 2011 @ 4:06 PM

Tiny has a daughter from a previous relationship and two boys with T.I. T.I. has two sons with his high school sweetheart and a daughter with a "friend" that he conceived while "on a break" from the high school sweetheart.

I loved how he said it "on a break." His son and daughter are the same age, that was a quick break.

OaklandGirl

OaklandGirl

Fanatic

Posted Dec 9, 2011 @ 5:11 PM

I loved how he said it "on a break." His son and daughter are the same age, that was a quick break.

Indeed. And not just that, but... no condoms with random new friends within such a short amount of time? I'm straight on that.

PoeticJustice32

PoeticJustice32

Fanatic

Posted Dec 12, 2011 @ 9:33 PM

T.I. is one funny dude. I rofl when he was talking about his daughter talking to boys and said too bad the federal government had taken all his guns.

It was cool seeing T.I. perform with Taylor Swift. I don't know what he's talking about with this "old man" stuff. He's only like 30 and still revelant (IMO).

I just adore seeing T.I. with his family and how he interacts with them.

sereion

sereion

Fanatic

Posted Dec 12, 2011 @ 9:49 PM

I loved the discussion he had with his youngest son regarding his skin color; in fact, I'll even let him slide he he told him that he can date a white woman, lol. Seriously, I just love the family dynamic on this show. Both TI and Tiny are hands on as parents, which is awesome.

Loved Taylor Swift's reaction after he agreed to perform with her. It was so cute!

Mita_Jo

Mita_Jo

Fanatic

Posted Dec 13, 2011 @ 12:38 PM

I agree that this show is really fun and entertaining. He and Tiny are adorable together and he's great with his kids. I just wish someone would do an intervention on the crayola colored hair. I can't get with it as an everyday thing.

So I know why T.I. was at the Taylor Swift show, but does anyone know why Nelly (thanks for that btw, LOVE HIM) and Jeezy were there? So random, lol.

ferrisave

ferrisave

Video Archivist

Posted Dec 13, 2011 @ 1:42 PM

Mita

Apparently TI and Nelly are pretty good friends and hang often. I think Nelly lives in ATL now also. Kevin Liles is managing Nelly nowadays as well as Jeezy so they were all hanging out.

I always liked TI and really enjoyed his show on MTV about helping wayward kids but I like this show even more. They are really like the new age Huxtables! I love how he treats all the children like his own. I know I said that in an earlier post bt I have to say it one mo gin. The kids all seem so well adjusted and he is such a proud, supportive parent. He really is impressive.

This show is such a refreshing breath of fresh air from the other reality dreck.

suburbfabulous

suburbfabulous

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 17, 2011 @ 3:48 AM

Tiny is so fug.

Easyspreestep

Easyspreestep

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 28, 2011 @ 9:15 PM

I love this show T.I is such a good dad. It's nice to see this side of a rapper.

Shquanda and Tiny are so rude. Why act that way in front of the realator??

Edited by Easyspreestep, Dec 28, 2011 @ 9:22 PM.