TAR 20 Spoilers

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

94 replies to this topic

aml77

aml77

Video Archivist

Posted May 6, 2012 @ 6:51 PM

Some people think that this means that Rachel and Dave are the winners rather than Team Big Brother, since the winners are always at TARCon.

Actually, I'm pretty sure that doesn't mean anything, because there have been several occasions in which the winning team has not been at TARCon, and the winning team is no longer required to appear on the Morning Show post-Race.

Philipscomments

Philipscomments

Fanatic

Posted May 6, 2012 @ 7:56 PM

But if they are the ONLY team in NYC, I'd bet they are not there to say "Oh gee, we're so happy for the winners...."

Right?

jessied112

jessied112

Stalker

Posted May 6, 2012 @ 8:50 PM

I'm liking these odds right now....go Dave/Rachel!!!

dbklmt

dbklmt

Couch Potato

Posted May 7, 2012 @ 12:27 AM

Thank God the spoilers were wrong and the team that deserved to win did even if the husband was an Ass!

SeaBreeze341

SeaBreeze341

Stalker

Posted May 7, 2012 @ 1:13 AM

Actually, I'm pretty sure that doesn't mean anything, because there have been several occasions in which the winning team has not been at TARCon, and the winning team is no longer required to appear on the Morning Show post-Race.

FTR, only 1.5 winners have missed TARCon, including Alex/Chris, Kendra/Freddy, and Jen/Kisha. Alex & Chris were too drunk to attend, but would make up for it later in 2002 (the following season). And the older Hoffmann sibling went to her original season (and the following one). So, it's very rare that the winners miss TARcon, but save for the season where everyone was in Miami, every winner was present somewhere in New York, regardless of a check presentation or whether that made TARcon.

Either way, glad the little mistake was just that, and that the victims ended up winning anyway. While it was worth a good laugh, I really have been a fan of some judge of sorts being present to make sure a team doesn't hit the finish mat too soon (that would be too painful to see a team miss out on a million)