4-12: "Burnt and Purged Away" 2011.11.22 (recap)

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

179 replies to this topic

TWoP Howard

TWoP Howard

Stalker

• Interests:If you have a question for me, please use the Messenger/PM system to do that rather than leaving a question on this page (unless youíre a Just Tuned In, who wonít be able to use it until youíve made ten posts). Thanks!

Posted Nov 22, 2011 @ 1:33 AM

From TWoP and ZAP2it:

SAMCRO negotiates with the Irish Kings to secure the club's future.

Edited by TWoP Howard, Nov 28, 2011 @ 5:55 PM.

Raider Duck

Raider Duck

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 22, 2011 @ 11:06 PM

OH. MY. GOD.

Rest in...I can't even say it.

Goodbye, Clay.

Nightmare Logic

Nightmare Logic

Fanatic

Posted Nov 22, 2011 @ 11:07 PM

And to everyone who said they wouldn't go there...well they went there.

RIP Clay Morrow.

Edited by Nightmare Logic, Nov 22, 2011 @ 11:07 PM.

marleyfan

marleyfan

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 22, 2011 @ 11:07 PM

I was going to come in and bitch about Jax being treated with kid gloves by Gemma and Tara about those letters, and then Opie Shot Clay!!!! Holy shit!!!!!

kperry86

kperry86

Channel Surfer

Posted Nov 22, 2011 @ 11:08 PM

Holy shit! I wasn't expecting that. Is Clay really dead? I can't wait til next week.

Dagamuffin

Dagamuffin

Video Archivist

Posted Nov 22, 2011 @ 11:08 PM

I hope Clay is really dead, and not just mostly dead.

Up to last season, I would have been sad to see him go - now? Bye!

And what was Gemma's reason for warning him about Opie, and what was the kiss for?

BKB33

BKB33

Fanatic

Posted Nov 22, 2011 @ 11:09 PM

I'm thinking chest protecter and Jax pretending he is dead. Hope I am wrong!

cmklaw

cmklaw

Channel Surfer

Posted Nov 22, 2011 @ 11:09 PM

Clay was wearing a vest, right?

john68

john68

Channel Surfer

Posted Nov 22, 2011 @ 11:10 PM

No way is Clay dead. He took one in the shoulder and one in the gut. From that range, Opie could have put one in his forehead if the writers wanted Clay gone. Jax is an idiot for intervening.

Raider Duck

Raider Duck

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 22, 2011 @ 11:10 PM

The Clay storyline reached its only logical conclusion. And the right man ended it.

Not since Al Pacino in The Godfather Part II have we watched a good (if flawed) man turn into a complete monster.

Well done, Mr. Perlman.

marleyfan

marleyfan

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 22, 2011 @ 11:11 PM

I hope Clay is really dead, and not just mostly dead.

Yeah, me too. (loved that movie)

If Clay knew Opie was coming after him, why didn't he wear a vest? The way the blood poured out, it didn't look like he was wearing one. If he did-and he's mostly dead- I will be pissed.

Did Otto really turn on Bobby and the club?

Edited by marleyfan, Nov 22, 2011 @ 11:14 PM.

CharmCity04

CharmCity04

Fanatic

Posted Nov 22, 2011 @ 11:11 PM

I thought I saw blood shoot out when Clay was shot. It seemed like in the promo, Jax would be covering for Opie. But, I have no clue if Clay is actually dead.

But, man that ending scene scared the crap out of me. I thought Clay was going to talk his way out of it.

One thing: Why the fuck is Gemma continuing to defend Clay and stop people from killing him?

Dis Gruntled

Dis Gruntled

Loyal Viewer

Posted Nov 22, 2011 @ 11:15 PM

Gemma, warned him, so pathetic Gemma.

And he's too stupid to wait to ambush Opie or something? Opie did the same thing to him that he did to Piney, just barged in and got the gun away. Poetic I guess.

missysimpson

missysimpson

Channel Surfer

Posted Nov 22, 2011 @ 11:16 PM

-Is Clay going to "die" like Juice?

-And seriously Jax. Did you really threaten to shoot Opie? Clay ruined Opie's life, and you want him to take it to the club for a discussion?

vadare

vadare

Video Archivist

Posted Nov 22, 2011 @ 11:17 PM

Was there blood? I didn't see blood. Maybe I need to adjust my TV.

Damn! This season has just been (as the young people say) off the chain.

And word to CharmCity04...why IS Gemma defending Clay and trying to keep people from killing him?

And Otto...poor Otto...I can't say as I blame him.

And what about Juice? Really, he's gonna get tired of those cartoons he watches on that little TV in there.

This whole episode...sooooooo well played by everyone! Bravo!! Brava!!

A lot to process...can't wait till next week!!

CharmCity04

CharmCity04

Fanatic

Posted Nov 22, 2011 @ 11:18 PM

-And seriously Jax. Did you really threaten to shoot Opie? Clay ruined Opie's life, and you want him to take it to the club for a discussion?

I will not be shocked if Opie/Jax friendship fractures for good. Seriously, Jax saw how Opie reacted and he has every right to do what he wants to do. So, he decides to threaten Opie and stop him?

Edited by CharmCity04, Nov 22, 2011 @ 11:20 PM.

Dagamuffin

Dagamuffin

Video Archivist

Posted Nov 22, 2011 @ 11:19 PM

I couldn't believe I was hearing that, either. Really? It's a club issue, Jax?

Outlaw43

Outlaw43

Channel Surfer

Posted Nov 22, 2011 @ 11:20 PM

But, man that ending scene scared the crap out of me. I thought Clay was going to talk his way out of it.

I thought for sure that Jax was gonna shoot Opie before he pulled the trigger. Which made it doubly gratifying to see him put two in Clay's chest.

[snip] In the past that everything always seems to turn out just fine for the main characters in SoA. Well now Piney and Kozik are dead, Clay's dead (probably,) and Juice and Bobby are in prison indefinitely.

Plus, Tara's still got a cartel hit out on her (and the only person with the means to stop it is probably dead.)

Edited by TWoP Howard, Nov 23, 2011 @ 6:49 AM.
Boards on boards

vadare

vadare

Video Archivist

Posted Nov 22, 2011 @ 11:21 PM

I couldn't believe I was hearing that, either. Really? It's a club issue, Jax?

Word to both of these. Did you notice that both Jax and Clay tried to reason with Opie? Yeah...like THAT was gonna work!

Twinkie Lucille

Twinkie Lucille

Just Tuned In

Posted Nov 22, 2011 @ 11:21 PM

I mean, I get why Jax would want to ensure the continuation of the club after he leaves. He can't quit the thing completely in his heart. But still - you're gonna keep your best friend from getting the justice he doubly deserves? That's fucked up, Jax.

Edited because apparently I can't spell tonight.

Edited by Twinkie Lucille, Nov 22, 2011 @ 11:22 PM.

CharmCity04

CharmCity04

Fanatic

Posted Nov 22, 2011 @ 11:22 PM

Was there blood? I didn't see blood. Maybe I need to adjust my TV.

I thought I saw something come out when he was shot. It might have been nothing, but I thought it looked like blood.

peridot16

peridot16

Video Archivist

Posted Nov 22, 2011 @ 11:23 PM

I really hope this isn't another fakeout. I hate that Gemma warned him, he should have died with a bullet in his forehead. The deal with the letters really needs to come out now, it's been way too long.

I was worried when I saw Clay go into Tara's room. Luckily, he didn't try to do anything.

I liked the scene where Otto showed his list of things he did for the club, I hope the charges against Bobby stick. I wonder what Unser wanted to talk to Opie about at the end.

john68

john68

Channel Surfer

Posted Nov 22, 2011 @ 11:24 PM

There was clearly blood from both impacts. Bad CGI blood.

JamMon

JamMon

Just Tuned In

Posted Nov 22, 2011 @ 11:25 PM

It's pretty funny that Jax says this and the club is basically in the toilet. Do they still have a table?

Also....i have to say Otto is the scariest character on the show. He has that aura of calm violence down pat.

Dis Gruntled

Dis Gruntled

Loyal Viewer

Posted Nov 22, 2011 @ 11:25 PM

One thing: Why the fuck is Gemma continuing to defend Clay and stop people from killing him?

My supposition is she really does love him and can't let go. If trying to kill Tara and beating the crap out of her (obviously he didn't 'nearly kill' her though cause all she's got are bruises) isn't enough to get her to pull the trigger then nothing is, unless maybe he tried to kill Jax or a grandson. Her telling Unser that he had to die was just her blowing smoke or lying to herself, she wasn't gonna kill Clay. She can't do it.

As for Jax my guess is he just doesn't want to risk the deal going south if Clay dies. Like Clay he wants that money.

Edited by Dis Gruntled, Nov 22, 2011 @ 11:27 PM.

RFuller42

RFuller42

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 22, 2011 @ 11:26 PM

It looked to me like Clay got shot in the shoulder. I rewatched it a couple of times and couldn't tell if any of the hits was in a mortal-would place. It's like Sutter has given himself a window to jump out of as far as Clay being dead.

What, exactly, has Gemma spent the past 20 years building? I just don't get that. I feel like a giant piece of the puzzle is missing.

How much do I love Unser?

And Tig refusing to get Clay's back - he's pissed.

Ryan Hurst deserves an Emmy. Amazing performance from beginning to end.

lambie

lambie

Fanatic

Posted Nov 22, 2011 @ 11:26 PM

I want to believe Clay is really dead because we were already psyched out by Juice and that was ridiculous enough.

Wth was up with the baby factory? That came out if nowhere and Jesus I can't keep up with the nefarious shit SAMCRO is directly or indirectly involved with.

And mega wth was up with Gemma's "you want the truth, you can't handle the truth" speech to Tara. Gemma is the only one with something to lose (Jax) so why would Tara give a shit if he finally did know the truth -- whatever it is. I liked that we're seeing people actually telling the truth for a change (Unser with Opie, Tara about Wendy). That said I'm very nervous for the finale.

vadare

vadare

Video Archivist

Posted Nov 22, 2011 @ 11:27 PM

I thought I saw something come out when he was shot. It might have been nothing, but I thought it looked like blood.

Mama vadare says she saw blood spurt out, so apparently I'm blind tonight.

We are thinking that, if Clay wore a vest, that maybe Opie got him in the arm.

Or maybe (holy shit!!) Clay is really dead! In which case...wow!!

Maybe Clay should've borrowed Jack Bauer's Hoodie of Invincibility.

jps1012

jps1012

Just Tuned In

Posted Nov 22, 2011 @ 11:28 PM

Yeah, I don't know if Clay is dead. They definitely wanted you to not know for sure. A few questions:

-Did Juice rat the club more this episode but they didn’t show it?

-Did Otto just rat Bobbie out or the whole club?

It also drives me nuts that Gemma didn't tell Jax that Cay put a hit on Tara.

Edited by TWoP Howard, Nov 23, 2011 @ 7:29 AM.
Added capitals, punctuation

CharmCity04

CharmCity04

Fanatic

Posted Nov 22, 2011 @ 11:31 PM

I am praying that maybe Juice is trying to set up the Feds, just cause I want to believe Juice will make it to next season.

Or maybe, this is his way to kill himself?

Edited by TWoP Howard, Nov 23, 2011 @ 7:01 AM.
Please don’t use emoticons