3-9: "Whiskey Tango Foxtrot" 2011.11.20

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

144 replies to this topic

TWoP Gadget

TWoP Gadget

Fanatic

Posted Nov 19, 2011 @ 1:28 PM

CHEAT TWEET: Eli may be a smooth talker but he gets a lesson in really working a room from #AmySedaris on #GoodWife 11/20 9pm ET/PT http://bit.ly/t7J2hB

# 309 – Tensions are high at Lockhart & Gardner as Alicia and Will argue in front of a mercurial military judge, Eli’s confidence is shaken and Diane issues an ultimatum to protect the firm, on “THE GOOD WIFE,” Sunday, Nov. 20 (9:00-10:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Amy Sedaris (“Strangers With Candy”) guest stars as Eli’s new rival, and Anika Noni Rose (“Dreamgirls”) returns as Wendy Scott-Carr.

(As of when I'm making this thread, CBS doesn't have a title for this episode. I'll put it in when I find out what it is.)

(and there it is)

stealinghome

stealinghome

Stalker

Posted Nov 20, 2011 @ 10:23 PM

I want Lt. Hicks on screen every.single.week. I love him. Love, love, love. I know we already have way too many characters, but can we make him recurring, PLEASE?

I call huge bullshit on the Kalinda/Dana bar conversation. You're telling me that Kalinda, who at the end of S1 wouldn't even tell Alicia she was gay, is now sharing with Dana what it feels like to sleep with a woman? Puh-leeze. Show's still trying way too hard to make Dana the it girl. Just let her be sexy with Cary. (And: as I feared, thus far SHE'S shaping up to be the pivot point of the triangle, not either of the other two.)

I'm not thrilled about seeing Wendy Scott-Carr again, but at least she's dropping the creepy-as-hell fake nice act and rolling with the "I'm an ice cold killer who will cut you without blinking" vibe. It suits her much better. I did flove the conversation between Diane and WSC; Diane totally handled her. I also loved the way Diane laid down the law to Will. I don't agree with (all) her sentiments, but dang, she had ice water in her veins.

I wonder if Diane's trust in Will is going to be shaken later down the line by her finding out about the 45k.

FINALLY Alicia changed the locks. Fina-fucking-lly. I still do.not.buy that she didn't do it two minutes after she kicked Peter out. I loved Alicia's beatdown of Jackie, but you know Jackie's going to escalate the situation somehow. I actually laughed when Alicia said "Let's buy you a car!"

Nice to hear Alicia say she and Peter are on good terms these days, and to see her distinguishing between Jackie and Peter. It's also good to hear Alicia finally tell the kids what's what.

I loled hard at Eli's "corn is a grain!" moment, but the integration of Eli and the firm is still tenuous. I was disappointed by how easily he was handled by Stacie Hall (and can we say Nancy Crozier redux?). But his end conversation with Diane was genius. GENIUS. DIANE was genius. It's the best I've liked Eli all season. AC and CB have great chemistry.

Despite its flaws, this was one of the better episodes of the season, and I think it's because there was so.much.Diane. And she was SO.GOOD.

Have to admit it's nice to see LG lose, even if it was a tough one to lose. Apparently they can only lose in military court!

I lost a lot of respect for the female judge after their last conversation. Also, I call bullshit, because you can't tell me a female judge in the military would DENY THAT THERE ARE PROBLEMS WITH SEXISM IN THE MILITARY. And I didn't like her lecturing tone.

ETA: I can already tell that the next episode is going to be BRUTAL.

Edited by stealinghome, Nov 20, 2011 @ 10:26 PM.

missknowitall

missknowitall

Fanatic

Posted Nov 20, 2011 @ 10:27 PM

Worst episode of the season, IMO. This season is moving slower than a snail's pace. I was bored. The worthless/pointless cheese case took up more time than anything. The military case was not very good, they don't get time interview witnesses or do discovery? No one would take that case with those circumstances. Their defense made no sense, they had no plan. The only scene I liked in the entire episode was when Alicia told Zach they were going to buy him a car. And I liked Diane. This was a pretty uneventful November sweeps.

Invader Toph

Invader Toph

Video Archivist

Posted Nov 20, 2011 @ 10:28 PM

OMG! I wanted Stacey Hall to die in a fire. Her voice was so grating. I totally agree with Eli's description of it.

And kudos to Alicia getting her locks changed. Added with the pillar of awesomeness that is Diane and WSC being delightfully creepy again and I'll say that this was a decent episode.

The case was a little boring though.

Driad

Driad

Fanatic

Posted Nov 20, 2011 @ 10:31 PM

Yay for more Diane and for Alicia's dealing with Jackie. I LOL at the corn council's conference table with the ear-of-corn shaped yellow panel in the middle.

Promo (no spoilers): dare we hope?

GilvearSt

GilvearSt

Fanatic

Posted Nov 20, 2011 @ 10:33 PM

Show's still trying way too hard to make Dana the it girl. Just let her be sexy with Cary. (And: as I feared, thus far SHE'S shaping up to be the pivot point of the triangle, not either of the other two.)

I got the sense that she’s just a stand-in for Cary. That sex scene was all about Kalinda and even Dana is dressing more like Kalinda with her leather jacket. Both Kalinda and Cary are using her for their weird thing. It’s very sad.

Diane is so amazing. Between her scene with Wendy, her scene with Will and her scene with Eli, Baranski owned this episode. Diane is just such a great, mature adult compared to the rest of these people.

merylinkid

merylinkid

Fanatic

Posted Nov 20, 2011 @ 10:36 PM

Diane in plotting mode is AWESOME. Do not go up against this woman. She will help Eli get his faith back (is he an attorney? can he volunteer for legal aid for a bit?)

Oh god, it's the return of Wendy Scott Card. No she doesn't want to get the wife of the man who beat her in the election. Is there NO ONE else in Chicago who can be the independent prosecutor? And what the fuck is up with everyone going to Lockhart Gardner to tell them they are under investigation? Way to make sure you find nothing. Most investigations are kept secret for a reason. Plus, both Kalinda and Diane are bound by attorney-client privilege. They are not going to spill the beans. Oh and I hope they got more proof than "judges play games with Will, then they are nice to the bookies." Big leap there. Will would have to know the bookies are doing this. And he would have to be benefitting in some way. I dbout L & G has many bookies for clients.

Case of the Week was blah. Female Military Judge needs to be a bit more even handed. She's the judge, not co-prosecutor. And the one witness just admitted to having a drug for which she did not have a prescription. That is a huge no-no in the military. But hey, so what, because 6 kids burned to death. There had to be something more going on there than "they went after her just because she's a woman." Weak, weak, weak.

Alicia v. Jackie will never get old. Jackie always thinks she is right. She always believes that Alicia is a bad mother without her preciious Peter to back up Alicia. never mind all Peter's failings as a dad and husband. And the kids are not stupid either. Alicia tried so hard not to say anything bad about their grandmother. But sometimes, you have to tell the kids the truth. Mostly in this case so Jackie doesn't manipulate them. Because Jackie is not above using her own grandkids to get her son what she thinks he wants. Which is kinda the problem. Peter has never indicated he wants full custody. He and Alicia have worked out a good arrangement, even if his mother does not approve.

Okay, who predicted peril for Grace? Looks like we get it next week. Please let her be alright. Sure she is annoying, but I don't want the kid dead. Although I am curious to find out what Canning is doing there too.

merylinkid

merylinkid

Fanatic

Apparently Diane is so AWESOME, I had to say it twice. Sorry.

Edited by merylinkid, Nov 20, 2011 @ 10:37 PM.

marifline

marifline

Channel Surfer

"She's such a bitch !"
Well Grace, you said it exactly. Jackie got what she deserved. ( Hell Yeah !)

I like Eli but he's taking too much screen time. IMO they should only use him when his subplot is connected to the main storyline/COTW. Or make a spin-off. Otherwise, yes the idea of food categories war is funny but I could'nt care less. This is not a show about PR.

Wendy Scott-Carr and her soft voice and stepford smile makes me cringe. I wanted to reach out to the screen and throttle her.

PoeticJustice32

PoeticJustice32

Fanatic

Posted Nov 20, 2011 @ 10:40 PM

Dammnnn that was good episode. With the exception of Eli and the stupid food pyramid crap, I loved every second of it.

The Alicia-Jackie showdown was sweeet. Couldn't believe even after Jackie got caught going through Alicia's things, she still had the nerve to get all self righteous. I loved that Alicia didn't even entertain Jackie's claims about Zach and Eli's daughter being in her bedroom. And Zach must be the luckiest kid in the world. Getting a car basically because his Grandmother is a bitch... Oh btw WAY TO GO Grace for saying exactly that!!!!

I'm guessing all those wanting Alicia to lose in court/get knocked down a peg should be pleased tonight. I liked what the judge had to say about scapegoats needing to accept responsibility at some point. I wonder if that little pearl of wisdom will come in handy wrt the Will/Alicia fallout....which is sure to come.

Speaking of, I'm so glad Diane finally laid it all out there and told Will to get his shit together. She was so right. Not only is sleeping with Alicia wrong (since he's her boss and she's married to the SA) but damn....that shit really isn't the smartest thing to do. I'm 100% behind Diane and whatever she has to do to protect the firm.

I call huge bullshit on the Kalinda/Dana bar conversation. You're telling me that Kalinda, who at the end of S1 wouldn't even tell Alicia she was gay, is now sharing with Dana what it feels like to sleep with a woman?

I find that completely believable. Dana isn't anything to Kalinda...so (in my experience) its easier for Kalinda to open up. Not to mention, I don't even consider what Kalinda said "sharing". It all sounded like (heavy) flirting to me and I was pretty shocked by it (this being network television and all). But keep pushing those envelopes TGW!!!! Heh. I however, did NOT care for Dana and Cary in bed. Ew. Way to ruin my mood.

I guess I'm suppose to gather from Dana's retelling of her and Kalinda's conversation that she was playing Kalinda? Yup, it goes right along with what I assumed last week. Dana isn't interested in Kalinda, but is just using some of Kalinda's own tactics against her.

stealinghome

stealinghome

Stalker

Posted Nov 20, 2011 @ 10:40 PM

Diane is just such a great, mature adult compared to the rest of these people.

+infinity

Blue32

Blue32

Fanatic

Posted Nov 20, 2011 @ 10:48 PM

Oh btw WAY TO GO Grace for saying exactly that!!!!

I loved Grace calling Jackie a bitch, even though it was a little shocking hearing Grace use that word.

I really liked the scene where Eli shows a little vulnerability and admits his fear of losing, and Diane comforts him. (Diane was wonderful in this episode: mature, calm, and powerful. The scene where she smiles at WSC and says "I wasn't aware you had graces"? Gold.)

I lost a lot of respect for the female judge after their last conversation.

Really liked the actress in that scene, and her delivery of that speech was great, but that conversation would never happen in real life, so I was a little "eh" about it.

With that said, women enjoying elevated status in male-dominated fields often tend to use said status to downplay or dismiss sexism in said field as a way of setting themselves apart/preserving their own status/showing themselves to be one of the boys, so it didn't surprise me that the judge wasn't having any of the sexism argument.

I guess the Kings finally got all those complaints about how Alicia wins her cases all the time, because she has not been doing so well this season at all.

Edited by Blue32, Nov 20, 2011 @ 10:53 PM.

ScienceGirl12

ScienceGirl12

Video Archivist

Posted Nov 20, 2011 @ 10:49 PM

The episode was OK but I dislike both Wendy Scott-Carr and the female judge and the stupid cheese story (I did enjoy that Eli got played by Amy Sedaris, but still). I don't get how Eli thought his weird human food thing was an improvement on the plate.

Damn, Jackie has a lot of gall..."the kids are unsafe with you?" say what?! That was WAY out of line and also, it made no sense even in Jackie's crazy head. Just say what you think old lady - Alicia is sleeping with her boss and you wanted proof. I honestly think one of the reasons I dislike Peter is because Jackie is his mother and he has never seriously stood up to her. I'm glad Alicia finally changed the locks, but I don't think she was hard enough on Jackie in that convo. Not to mention that Grace's stupid "well is there something wrong on your computer?" line was pretty fresh for a kid to her mom. I actually thought Alicia looked pretty stricken by that, that her kid would honestly think she has like sex videos or something on her computer.

The case - meh. I like Lt Hicks, but I don't need to see him on a regular basis because that would probably mean seeing that judge and seeing the weird military court on a regular basis.

Can Will and Alicia PLEASE have a conversation? Please pretty please? And can Alicia just divorce Peter already? After every episode I get increasingly perplexed by her decision-making process.

Diane was awesome. That is all. My new theory is she was going to get Eli wasted and use him to get Peter to call off the investigation into Will or something like that.

I don't care about Dana/Kalinda/Cary. I will give Cary some credit for being disturbed that they're just going after Will Gardner for Will Gardner, rather than trying to get Lemond Bishop.

ETA: Alicia missing a slew of Grace's phone calls next week? She'll probably feel guilty about, cough, who she's with at that time...I just hope this doesn't lead to some cheesy Peter-Alicia reunion...she needs to just GET.A.DIVORCE.

Edited by ScienceGirl12, Nov 20, 2011 @ 10:53 PM.

Bunny LaJoya

Bunny LaJoya

Fanatic

Posted Nov 20, 2011 @ 10:51 PM

I thought some of it was so amazing. Diane's speech to Will, damn, damn, damn, damn. And then when he punched the steel pole or whatever.

I hate Dana.

Amy Sedaris; I must complain that she seems to seep into all of my favourite shows as exactly the same character. This will sound stupid but it's confusing and weird and grating. How many guest spots like this is she going to do -- it sucks that I happen to be watching all of the episodes simultaneously. Can't she do anything to distinguish all of her guest spots from one another? (Parker Posey and Carrie Preston are fantastic examples of actors who really distinguish themselves from part to part. Monica Raymund is a horrible example).

I love Eli but come on. The cheese/corn stuff is so boring.

Loved the use of AWOLnation's "Sail" throughout the episode.

Edited by Bunny LaJoya, Nov 20, 2011 @ 10:53 PM.

MooshyMooshy

MooshyMooshy

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 20, 2011 @ 11:03 PM

I love how the women OWNED this episode.

When Alicia is talking to Jackie and then leans in with "and I would NEVER take your word over theirs", I got chills. I mean serious ice bath chills from Alicia's tone and eyes. You do not screw with her when it comes to her kids. Given the promos for next episode, I hope Jackie's bile doesn't come back to haunt Alicia.

And Diane - there are just no words. On a superficial level, was she rocking that dress in Eli's office or what? Damn, I have straight girl crush on her. I can't believe Eli didn't fall down at her knees in worship.

I like Eli but he's getting too much airtime on some really stupid projects. And stop hogging Kalinda's time please. Although if the alternative is to see her all "sexy" cozy with Dana, I guess I can live with it. Really awesome (not really) fakeout with sex noises after the bar scene. I would have ralphed if I saw Kalinda and Dana in bed. I did like Kalinda's proud "it looks like someone confronted Peter about conflict of interest" - she clearly knew it was Cary and liked that display of strength.

Now Dana is spiteful for no good reason (though I did like the gum in the chair bit of solidarity, sorry I'm 12) which makes her unlikeable. Why does she hate Will Gardner so much? Who are you again? This all started with BLAKE, of all turds, dropping a bug in her ear. Very reliable.

And WSC? Yukko. I suppose she is a good foil but I find her incredibly obnoxious on screen.

More LT Hicks. He's an honorable military man, but I love how he goes from rabbit to shark on a dime. A little "TV drama"-ish, but still effective.

So I have to ask - Whiskey Tango Foxtrot. Is the implied meaning "WTF!"?

But the MVP award go to Diane. She has charisma to spare and makes everyone she shares a screen with better.

Edited by MooshyMooshy, Nov 20, 2011 @ 11:05 PM.

dbell1

dbell1

Video Archivist

Posted Nov 20, 2011 @ 11:15 PM

Christine Baranski - there is your Emmy submission episode. Bravo!

Glad the cheese council story is finally cut. I was becoming lactose intolerant this week.

Alicia's laptop discovery was fun. Didn't take long for granny smackdown to occur. Loved that scene, perfect acting by both. How many of us were cheering the 'bag of tricks' comment?

Hey Zack, your grandmom's a bitch, want a car?

Go.Away.Dana. You have no chemistry with anything. And take Saint Scott Carr with you.

chicagofan

chicagofan

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 20, 2011 @ 11:32 PM

FYI - the next episode isn't for 2 weeks - I guess the show is taking Thanksgiving weekend off.

The scene with Diane and Will bugged me - didn't like the Diane as mom taking disobedient boy Will to the woodshed vibe. Didn't have a problem with her talking to Will - more how she said it as opposed to what she said.

BlondNotStupid

BlondNotStupid

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 20, 2011 @ 11:40 PM

Re: the military case. I didn't understand why neither side presented the tape of the data that the Staff Sgt. saw. I'm not just assuming it was recorded. The screens we saw at the opening of the show clearly showed the word "recording" at the bottom. Either she was told to hold fire or she wasn't. I went back and re-watched that section and didn't see anything that told her to hold her fire. Of course, I'm not trained in that field so I wouldn't know what to look for other than a flashing message reading "don't fire". It seems this was a really easy fact to establish.

The Amy Sedaris character seriously bugged. This show fails me when the characters get too much into the scheming and double-crossing actions. That means that the Will Gardner inquisition isn't holding my interest either. I far prefer the direct approach Diane took with Will.

legaleagle44

legaleagle44

Stalker

• Interests:Foreign language and culture study, cooking, dancing, music, reading, and television, of course!

Posted Nov 20, 2011 @ 11:43 PM

ETA: I can already tell that the next episode is going to be BRUTAL.

I hope Jackie's bile doesn't come back to haunt Alicia.

You just know that Jackie's going to be screaming, "I TOLD YOU SO!!" to Alicia, Peter, and anyone else who'll listen.

So I have to ask - Whiskey Tango Foxtrot. Is the implied meaning "WTF!"?

That's exactly what it means. Those are three of the letters used in the Military alphabet.

CozyKat

CozyKat

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 20, 2011 @ 11:46 PM

Loved the use of AWOLnation's "Sail" throughout the episode.

I really wanted to know what that music was, so thank you, Bunny LaJoya.

You could really tell the episode was written by three different people; it was all over the place: some parts awesome, others (cough*CHEESE*cough) really not, though I usually appreciate a little comic relief. Strongly agree that Eli should only be used if he can be tied into LG business, or at least have scenes with Alicia. Wasn't she supposed to be working with him on political stuff? Pulling an ambivalent Alicia deeper into that world is how I'd like to see him used.

I kind of hate that the "Alicia needs to protect her kids better" BS from Grace and Grandma has apparently been leading up to a Grace-in-jeopardy situation. Alicia will just end up feeling guilty, and based on what we've seen of how she handles family life, I can't imagine why. Does Grace, at 14, really think it's OK to get into cars with random men, or need constant after-school supervision?

And yes, Diane was awesome. Loved the drinking-with-Eli dress. But I thought her argument against Will was a bit flawed: even if Will stops sleeping with Alicia RIGHT NOW, does that make Peter make WSC drop the case? Are we really supposed to think Peter is pulling the strings post-handoff, or that he knows when/how often Will has been hooking up with Alicia, or that he'd believe Will if Will went to him and said it's over? Not that Will shouldn't stop sleeping with Alicia for all kinds of practical professional reasons, but investigationwise, it seems to me the horse has left the barn.

Edited by CozyKat, Nov 20, 2011 @ 11:48 PM.

Freckles101

Freckles101

Fanatic

• Interests:Television, especially Lost, Heroes, Gossip Girl, Veronica Mars, American Idol, Buffy, HIMYM, Pushing Daisies, Alias, Ugly Betty, Bones, and So You Think You Can Dance. Also, reading, listening to music, and baking.

Posted Nov 20, 2011 @ 11:47 PM

I definitely get Diane wanting Will to stop sleeping with Alicia, because he's her boss and all, but I don't see how that would help with the investigation. Because Peter suspected Will and Alicia even before they started sleeping together, and it's not like he's not gonna change his mind just because they stop. And anyway, how would Peter even know if they stop or not? He and Alicia are separated, and until he sees solid, physical proof, he doesn't even know for sure that Will and Alicia ARE sleeping together.

Ha, I loved Zach's face when Alicia told him he was getting a car.

ETA: Or basically what CozyKat said.

Edited by Freckles101, Nov 21, 2011 @ 12:31 AM.

askew

askew

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 20, 2011 @ 11:50 PM

Between Diane's lecture to Will and the previews next week, it is clear they are setting up a storyline about Will and Alicia being punished for sleeping together. That combined with the set-up of Peter as a "good guy" for handing Will's case over to Wendy Scott-Carr will be enough for me to stop watching the show. I am almost there with the crappy Eli storylines taking up more and more time each week along with the new It Girl, Dana. The writers seem to have really lost what made The Good Wife a good show in its first two seasons. Bummer.

CozyKat

CozyKat

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 21, 2011 @ 12:02 AM

ETA: Or basically what CozyKat said.

Great minds, typing simultaneously. Glad someone else thought the same thing!

possibilities

possibilities

Stalker

Posted Nov 21, 2011 @ 12:20 AM

Carey saying: "This investigation isn't about his wife...." So he does have some scruples, and a line he doesn't want to cross. But that didn't last very long.

I was annoyed by the BS Kalinda spewed, about how women aren't sexually aggressive. Are you kidding?

stealinghome

stealinghome

Stalker

Posted Nov 21, 2011 @ 12:30 AM

Pulling an ambivalent Alicia deeper into that world is how I'd like to see him used.

This times a MILLION. The show is at its best when delving into murky political situations. The show has been so whitewashed this season, for lack of a better term--everything is black and white. Good or bad. With or against. The show used to be so good when it wanted to look at all the shades of gray, and that's been almost completely absent from this season.

Does Grace, at 14, really think it's OK to get into cars with random men, or need constant after-school supervision?

I bet she's just off with a friend of the tutor, and was trying to call Alicia to tell her they were going camping and wouldn't have cell service (or something moronic like that). Like, I really highly doubt anything is going to happen to Grace.

I definitely get Diane wanting Will to stop sleeping with Alicia, because he's her boss and all, but I don't see how that would help with the investigation. Because Peter suspected Will and Alicia even before they started sleeping together, and it's not like he's not gonna change his mind just because they stop. And anyway, how would Peter even know if they stop or not? He and Alicia are separated, and he sees solid, physical proof, he doesn't even know for sure that Will and Alicia ARE sleeping together.

I think Diane thinks Peter knows more than he actually DOES know, though. I think she thinks that he knows for sure. I mean, for all Diane knows, Alicia is rubbing her affair with Will in Peter's face 24/7. So I can actually see where Diane might think that Will and Alicia knocking it off might be enough to appease Peter and make him back off (not knowing that Peter handed off the case to WSC). Plus, it's a preventative measure--them stopping would head off all the dozens of other problems their affair could cause.

As an aside, can we see the scene where Peter asks WSC to do this? I would pay. Good, good money.

Between Diane's lecture to Will and the previews next week, it is clear they are setting up a storyline about Will and Alicia being punished for sleeping together.

Really? I think it's clear they're setting up a "true love conquers all, all the doubters will have to eat crow!" sl. Yawn. Because that hasn't been done before.

broomelk

broomelk

Just Tuned In

Posted Nov 21, 2011 @ 12:30 AM

Love Diane. Dana is taking up too much screentime, as is Eli (who I love in small, conniving doses).

I don't need the show to be dominated by Will/Alicia but is it really too much to ask that they actually have a conversation? Or that we see them together outside of the office? It's pretty obvious from the promo that Alicia's with Will when Grace calls, which will be the downfall of their current relationship...to which I say, show, really? There are a lot of interesting ways to go with them but basically taking Jackie's point that the kids are unsafe with Alicia and blowing it up to halt/end Will/Alicia is not one of them.

I don't buy into Cary/Kalinda, Kalinda/Dana, or really, Cary/Dana since I feel like I'm supposed to care about her and them but I don't. Also: Dana clearly stated she's not a lesbian; everytime Dana discusses Kalinda with Cary I start rolling my eyes. I'd love for Kalinda to have a love interest that is not Cary, and is not a straight woman that's experimenting because Kalinda is irresistable, a mysterious sex goddess, etc. I really wish Sophia was still in the mix.

Edited by broomelk, Nov 21, 2011 @ 12:32 AM.

OptimisticCynic

OptimisticCynic

Stalker

Posted Nov 21, 2011 @ 12:34 AM

I hate the WSC fake honesty when she leaked a deposition before she ran for office. I hope that story comes out in reaction to this Will storyline (and Kalinda leaks that on his behalf).

spanishrake

spanishrake

Loyal Viewer

Posted Nov 21, 2011 @ 12:38 AM

I actually quite liked this episode....with the exception of the cheese plot. Ho hum. I do love AC, but Eli's PR stories are taking up to much of TGW screen time w/ storylines that just feel repetitive. I'm falling into the camp that Eli is much better in smaller doses.

The speech that the judge gives Alicia in the end: You could see Alicia's wheels turning applying the judges scolding to her own life and affair with Will. Can't remember the exact words but the gist of the judge's words were, "yes, she's human but in the end, she made a decision that caused a lot of collateral damage and children were harmed, and she needs to take responsibilty for that. " then she reminds Alicia to "Think if it were your kids ...." subtext, subtext, etc, etc.

I actually do like the Kalinda/Dana/Cary storyline. I've missed Kalinda this season and am psyched whenever she's on my screen. Dana "thinks" she's playing Kalinda, but Kalinda is surely playing her. I liked Kalinda's retort "she's not trying to seduce Dana" because "it's too easy". And Dana got a little cocky saying Cary and Kalinda were trying to hurt each other through Dana. That seemed to amuse Kalinda. I too was surprised by Kalinda's description about "being with a woman" on primetime, but hey, I'm all for it. Thought it was great they went there.

I also think Kalinda's not remotely hiding her sexuality from anyone, nor does she make any apologies. But Like she's said in the past - she doesn't like to talk about herself. Clearly Kalinda knows Cary told Dana she's bisexual - Dana's made no secret of that by asking Kalinda about it directly. And Kalinda is smart enough to know Dana is "flirting" with her to "get something" from her. So Kalinda is flirting back and clearly the speech about being with women, tantalized Dana - who got all hot and bothered and cabbed to Cary's for a booty call. So who's zooming who?

Kalinda will save Will and I think in the end, Cary will help Kalinda save Will. And I think Kalinda IS at the center of the triangle (not Dana). Even in bed, Cary & Dana were discussing Kalinda. She was right there with them - figuratively speaking - which apparently seemed to make their sex hotter.

I too was glad to see Cary be uncomfortable with WSC going after Will. And even more disturbed by her saying she would go after Alicia. WSC is straight up creepy in all her icy flatness and veiled threats. She's a female Ken Starr & Spanish inquisition all rolled into one. She's gonna take you down whether there's evidence or not and she's gonna intimidate, threaten, and prosecute anyone in her way. Loved Diane giving it right back. So cool and unflappable. As if saying to WSC - "try it bitch!" Gotta Love her.

Alicia's smack down with Jackie, yeah!

But best of show tonight goes to DIANE. Christine Baranski hit all her scenes out of the park. Loved everyone of them. She's just straight up fantastic.

Prediction: Grace's ordeal will have been due to her tutor's weird fetishes & hobbies putting them in dire danger. And Kalinda's going to be pivotal in finding her to Alicia's undying gratefulness. This will cracck the ice and pave the way for Alicia to forgive her and allow her back into her life. Which I seriously can't wait for. I miss that relationship. It was one of the best ones on the show, and S3 has suffered without it.

Edited by spanishrake, Nov 21, 2011 @ 12:51 AM.

Hugin

Hugin

Fanatic

Posted Nov 21, 2011 @ 2:17 AM

possibilities

I was annoyed by the BS Kalinda spewed, about how women aren't sexually aggressive. Are you kidding?

I think that was more flirting with a nominally straight woman, making the idea of being with another woman sound intriguing and contrasty with men in a appealing and safe way. Not a statement of fact designed to hold up to serious sociological or scientific scrutiny.

misscharity

misscharity

Just Tuned In

Posted Nov 21, 2011 @ 4:02 AM

THIS. It sounded very much like something straight people who have no idea how women have sex would say. Whatever.

Apart from that, I thought the sergeant being investigated was behaving in a very odd way.
Not wanting to sit, not looking at Will and Alicia. Odd.

I mean I guess that was the point: to show how terrified she was, but I kept thinking there was something more to it. Like there was gonna be some huge secret that would explain why she was being prosecuted, apart from the fact she was a woman.

To the writers credit, I wasn't expecting Lockhart Gardner to lose, so good job. Yes, 12 people were killed, still I felt bad for her.

Like others have said, I wish Will would tell Alicia what's going on. I felt like he was gonna tell her at some point when they were at the military court waiting for the judge. But then he didn't.

Peter is such an immature asshole. How old is he? Five? Going after Will Gardner because he's sleeping with your wife? The wife who has separated from you?
Diane's so right: she's the only adult on the show.