S9 - Chris Crary: Malibu Ken

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

11 replies to this topic

larapu2000

larapu2000

Fanatic

Posted Nov 17, 2011 @ 11:13 AM

I love this hot little cup of coffee, starting with his corn dish in the quincinera challenge.

smoky

smoky

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jan 7, 2012 @ 2:43 PM

Did anyone else catch Chris C.'s parting words at the end of the show? I thought he said something about maybe he should not have played it safe but he was trying to weed out the weaker chefs? The other two chefs on his team were Chris J. and Beverly.

arc

arc

Stalker

Posted Jan 8, 2012 @ 5:56 AM

Here's how I heard it: "You know, not stepping up in the group and taking charge is a big regret for me. Maybe I was playing it a little too safe, and they're trying to weed out the weakest links."

nanobabes

nanobabes

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 2, 2012 @ 3:09 PM

How is this guy currently in the lead for fan favorite? I have nothing against him, but he was a non-entity in the kitchen, a bit of a gossip, and he's not THAT cute.

Bungalow Joy

Bungalow Joy

Stalker

Posted Feb 3, 2012 @ 5:58 PM

How is this guy currently in the lead for fan favorite? I have nothing against him, but he was a non-entity in the kitchen, a bit of a gossip, and he's not THAT cute.

I dunno, but I'll throw him a vote and hope he wins just because I hate the "lovable" business in the first place (in any season, not especially this one) as if that had anything to do with being a top chef. Granted, it's a TV show but geez. Who should get $10K coz people like him/her? Out of this crew? Chris. Aside from obvious non-contenders he's as good as any, and let the other chefs WTF about it.

Worleybird

Worleybird

Posted Feb 4, 2012 @ 10:58 AM

Why is he in the lead for fan favorite (and by a mile, I might add)? Who is Bravo's main demo? Gay men. I'm a gay man and Malibu is the one I would pick out by far.

Constantinople

Constantinople

Fanatic

Posted Mar 1, 2012 @ 2:54 PM

Gay men may be a large part of Bravo's demo, but is that necessarily the case for Top Chef?

Moreover, I'm not sure how that explains the following Fan Favorites:
All-Stars: Carla
D.C.: Tiffany
Las Vegas: Kevin G
New York: Fabio
Chicago: Stephanie
Miami: Casey
L.A.: Sam

Typically the Fan Favorite does much better than Chris. Amongst those previous favorites, all but Tiffany made the finals, and Tiffany just missed it, coming in 5th. Moreover, until she was booted, she'd won the QF-EC double, not just once but twice, and I think she set the record for longest number of ECs without being in the bottom.

In contrast, Chris came in 9th place, or 10th if you factor in the Last Chance Kitchen Results (since Nyesha beat him at LCK and thus leapfrogged over him in the standings). He participated in 7 ECs, was in the bottom twice (and eliminated once), and his only EC win was as part of a team.

If this clown wins Fan Favorite, they should just do away with the award.

NeedISayMore

NeedISayMore

Fanatic

Posted Mar 3, 2012 @ 9:54 PM

On all the previous seasons, the fan favorites were understandable. Whether they were nice or brash that had "something". However this guy is boring as white bread. No one can even come up with anything of substance to post on this schmuck and yet he's fan favorite ahead of contestants who have a passionate fan base behind them. I think he got a technically savvy buddy to pad the vote and agree to split the winnings.

Bungalow Joy

Bungalow Joy

Stalker

Posted Mar 8, 2012 @ 3:51 AM

He's in the lead still so I guess he wins. If he campaigned for it the so what?, I say. Good for him for hustling 10 grand out of the deal!

tvmovielover

tvmovielover

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 8, 2012 @ 5:55 AM

Who voted for fan favorite this season-American Idol girls and gay men? He was not that interesting as either a chef or person. It is another reason TC 9 is a jump-the-shark season for sure.

Mr Basset

Mr Basset

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 8, 2012 @ 9:13 PM

Who voted for fan favorite this season-American Idol girls and gay men?

Apparently Sheila M. from Louisville Kentucky.

SpeciousLogic

SpeciousLogic

Fanatic

Posted Mar 8, 2012 @ 10:25 PM

Who voted for fan favorite this season-American Idol girls and gay men? He was not that interesting as either a chef or person. It is another reason TC 9 is a jump-the-shark season for sure.

Aside from the eye-candy factor among this demo, I'm at a complete loss as to how this non-entity beat out ultra-cool Paul or hilarious Grayson -- both of whom were better cooks besides. What else did he do to earn the distinction? Has this competition really devolved to where everything else is tossed out the door in favor of the "swoon" factor? Has our culture become this shallow? I'm gobsmacked.