S9 - Nyesha Arrington

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

8 replies to this topic

janinwb

janinwb

Video Archivist

Posted Nov 12, 2011 @ 7:19 PM

The woman already has reality TV competition experience. She won the Wilshire Executive Chef position on Food Network's "Chef Hunter." http://www.foodnetwo...ideo/index.html
Nyesha is cool as ice under pressure and runs a very calm kitchen.

CtLady

CtLady

Fanatic

Posted Nov 18, 2011 @ 1:58 PM

After watching her last night, all I have to say is that, if she wins a QF or EC, she needs to use that money to buy a personality. She has a perma-pissed off look

VirginiBound

VirginiBound

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 19, 2011 @ 5:22 AM

She has a perma-pissed off look .

I watched the episode of Chef Hunter when I saw she was on it. IIRC one of the owner's criticism was, she needed to relax, not be so serious, and show off more of her personality. I've noticed the same game face on TC. I thinks it's more a matter of her being lost in her own head about what she needs to accomplish, and being very intense about it. One thing I noticed her doing on both shows, and for a chef it's a habit she needs to break is, biting her nails, something I see as nerves. I'm thinking what can look like a perma-pissed off look is just the body language of someone whose focus and determination is wound tight. Not a bad trait in a competition like this, think Michael Voltaggio.

fivestone

fivestone

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 27, 2011 @ 11:12 PM

I'm Team Nyesha right now. I see her making a lot of observations, but keeping them to herself and storing them away for future reference, rather than starting drama. In fact, she doesn't seem all that talkative anyway, which is probably not a bad idea for a competition like this. It's not summer camp for chefs, with crafts and singing kum-ba-ya around the fire. I don't blame her for being determined and focused on her game.

acetylenevirgin

acetylenevirgin

Video Archivist

Posted Dec 16, 2011 @ 1:48 AM

I'm totally in love with Nyesha. Pulling for her in LCK. I wasn't paying much attention in the earlier rounds so it's totally plausible that I missed something, but is she a lesbian? There's a grubstreet "Week in the Life Of" type article on Nyesha wherein she mentions Andy Dick flirting with her girlfriend. I wasn't totally clear in what sense of the word she meant it...

Mathematician

Mathematician

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 23, 2011 @ 4:52 PM

I love Nyesha.

She's so calm, cool and collected.

Loved in LTC when she said "I'm really really mad" calmly.

redfin4

redfin4

Loyal Viewer

Posted Dec 26, 2011 @ 2:23 PM

I had written a post a few days ago, saying how awesome Nyesha is, but it's gone. Weird.

Anyway, no harm in repeating how much I have grown to like Nyesha. At first, I thought she was way too serious & grumpy, but I'm glad they're showing her more relaxed side on LCK. She still looks super focused but not nearly as wound up.

Also, for me, Nyesha just bumped Tre as the "Left Way Too Early" chef of Top Chef. She seemed to be one of the more skilled chefs this season, but because she left so frickin' early, I still have no idea what her cooking style is. I'd like to know more about her food so, I'm hoping she goes all the way with LCK and earns her way back into the competition.

z-26

z-26

Video Archivist

Posted Jan 10, 2012 @ 2:49 AM

This is really, really random, but Nyesha's grin reminds me of Michael Fassbender's.

ClumsyGal

ClumsyGal

Couch Potato

• Interests:I like...stuff

Posted Jan 12, 2012 @ 11:50 AM

I like the fact that she makes no bones about the fact that she has personal issues with some of the chefs and enjoys kicking their asses for that reason.