3-8: "Death Row Tip" 2011.11.13

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

155 replies to this topic

TWoP Gadget

TWoP Gadget

Fanatic

Posted Nov 12, 2011 @ 4:01 PM

CHEAT TWEET: Kalinda is a master manipulator, but has she finally met her match? #GoodWife 11/13 9pm ET/PT http://bit.ly/tG2qEG

“Death Row Tip” – Alicia races to win a stay of execution for a guilty man who has information which will keep another client from a murder conviction. Meanwhile, Eli tries to get ahead of a client’s potential scandal and Kalinda may have met her match, on THE GOOD WIFE, Sunday, Nov. 13 (9:00-10:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Journalist and political commentator Chris Matthews guest stars as himself.

missknowitall

missknowitall

Fanatic

Posted Nov 13, 2011 @ 10:11 PM

Enough of Eli already, he's just taking time away from other characters. Interesting dynamics between Dana/Kalinda/Carey, don't know where this going, but my interest is piqued.

I was so hoping Grandma was going to get caught going through Alicia's things. What a crazy bitch. Loved that she couldn't get the computer on, that provided all the comic relief I needed in this episode.

What a whack job, death row guy was. The ending scene with him and his mom was crazy. I went from feeling sorry for the guy to utter disgust. Well done, at least it was different. Otherwise, the case felt rushed. Actually, the whole episode felt rushed.

I look forward to next week, looks good. I would love a Alica/Peter showdown soon. Other than two seconds at a kids exchange, have they interacted at all. I really hope Will tells Alicia what's going on and she doesn't hear it from a secondhand source. Love Kalinda coming to Will's rescue. Love Kalinda. Nice to finally have some Kalinda airtime. More please...

Blue32

Blue32

Fanatic

Posted Nov 13, 2011 @ 10:14 PM

I wanted to wring Jackie's neck when she started going through Alicia's things, although that bit with the computer was hilarious (I just about lost it when she couldn't find the "on" switch).

Good to see Tio from Breaking Bad (the awesome Mark Margolis) as the priest! It was also good to see Romany Malco back again.

It's a little disappointing that Alicia still hasn't grasped that defense work often means going to bat for shitty, shitty people who've done terrible things.

The interesting power dynamics and hint of subterfuge between Cary and Kalinda--especially now that she's told Will she'll help him with getting Cary off his back--keep Cary/Kalinda from being dull. I could take or leave the Dana nonsense, but their storyline is going somewhere very twisty and interesting. Can't say I blame Cary for not trusting Kalinda. It's often hard to know with her where her feelings end and her agenda begins, but he was tipped off as to her intentions the moment she kissed back. No wonder he bolted after the kiss. He had to know something was up.

I like Marissa and all, but it annoys me a little how TV teens get away with back talk that would never fly in the real world. And Eli just took it? Seriously?

Edited by Blue32, Nov 13, 2011 @ 10:25 PM.

Mikita

Mikita

Fanatic

Posted Nov 13, 2011 @ 10:20 PM

Good Lord Jackie! What a snooping bitch. I too had a good laugh at her not even knowing how to turn on the laptop and just pushing keys like it would turn on. Good stuff. Even better though was her expression when she opened the front door to Jennifer aka Tutor Girl. What the hell is up with that girl and where the hell is that story line going?

Very intrigued by the Carey/Dana/Kalinda stuff. I was telling Carey not to do it, don't kiss her and he did. But I still thought Kalinda was playing him and he apparently thought so too, he left his own office.lol

Death Row Ricky. Wow. What an asshole. Unfortunately there are people like that in the real world. Every opportunity, doting family and they just don't give a shit. Alicia and the other attorney visiting his home expecting the opposite of everything that they found. Love the other lawyer saying "Maybe we can say he was spoiled too much."

I don't know why Eli allowed his daughter to put him out of his own office, but I kind of liked the interaction between her and Zach.

merylinkid

merylinkid

Fanatic

Posted Nov 13, 2011 @ 10:28 PM

Fellating Santa will never get old. The whole "he's not even real, so it's not a real penis" cracked me up. I am apparently to the target audience for this show -- those with the maturity of a twelve year old boy.

But c'mon Eli, you don't take the candidates word for it when he says there are no more pictures. You go check yourself.

I am so sick of everyone -- male or female - finding Kalinda so hot they can't help themselves. She is not the hottest thing on the planet.

Peter is not helping himself in a custody case. Sending his mom all the time to take over his responsibility does not look good. But hey, it gives Jackie time to snoop. Because her son is a saint and alicia is a terrible for kicking him out.

The tutor can go anytime. Surely, there is a normal person who can get Grace's grades up?

bonnierae

bonnierae

Channel Surfer

Posted Nov 13, 2011 @ 10:29 PM

Criminee! JUST when they brought Ricky in to see his mother, my son came in and started talking to me! Needless to say, I missed what that slimeball said to his mother. Would someone be so kind as to fill me in?

MT3

MT3

Video Archivist

Posted Nov 13, 2011 @ 10:30 PM

How old is Marissa?

Did Carey leave or lock the door?

dbell1

dbell1

Video Archivist

Posted Nov 13, 2011 @ 10:32 PM

Not sure I liked this episode. COTW - we saw their client for all of 1 minute? Enough of wacky tutor.

Jackie was the highlight. Total bitch on wheels MIL. Wonder if she hates Alicia for doing what she never could do - leave a cheating husband?

Death row scumbag. Really odd family dynamic there. Thought Leslie Uggams was horrible in the role. Didn't recognize her at first - guess she's a plastic surgery victim?

Cary has improved. The old Cary would have used a woman as a shield, this one protected her.

Poor Will. At least he's got Kalinda on his side.

Hooray to no Caitlin the super jr. associate!! Less Caitlin, more Kalinda please?

PoeticJustice32

PoeticJustice32

Fanatic

Posted Nov 13, 2011 @ 10:36 PM

Loved loved loved this episode. Lots of character interaction which is the primary reason I watch this show. The legal mumbo jumbo I can take or leave from week to week.

Two scenes made me laugh out loud: The one where Grandma Florrick opens the door to find the tutor painted up like she was auditioning for Cirque du Soleil. And the other when she was trying to figure out how to turn on Alicia's computer. I too was hoping she was going to get busted. Alicia was obviously out of town, but I thought for sure Zach was going to catch her.

I liked Zach and Marissa's interaction. Much better than Zach and Becca....though I do wonder where Zach's girlfriend Nessa(?) disappeared to. Not that I think anything romantic will happen with Zach and Marissa...at least I hope not. She's already been established as at least 18 and in college and apparently already has a boyfriend. But you never know. I'm sure she's just hanging with him because she knows it annoys Eli.

The Dana/Kalinda/Cary thing was by far the most interesting storyline of the night IMO. I've been dying to see Dana and Kalinda interact since Dana's arrival a couple episodes ago and I wasn't disappointed at all. Seemed liked Dana Kalinda'd Kalinda. Using a bit of flirting mixed in with some strong arming to get info. I hope to see at lot more between them. But PLEASE don't have them fighting over Cary. No just no. Yes Cary's cute and has a promising career, but he seems kind of dorky to me. Not at all what I'd expect either woman to be attracted to.

I don't know why Eli allowed his daughter to put him out of his own office, but I kind of liked the interaction between her and Zach.

I think Marissa and Zach were talking in Alicia's office.

stealinghome

stealinghome

Stalker

Posted Nov 13, 2011 @ 10:41 PM

zzzzzzz...oh wait, the episode ended? I was so bored I didn't notice.

Alicia was far too reactive tonight. Also, I don't want to see her be Weepy McWeeperson anymore. So.Over.It. at this point in her career, it just makes her look incredibly unprofessional.

Also so over whatever the heck they're doing with Kalinda, Dana, and Cary. (Side note: I like the actress, but the show is trying too hard to make Dana the It Girl.) The whole Cary and Kalinda thing is just not working, show. I want more Kalinda, but NOT LIKE THIS. Though I did appreciate her telling him to go to hell--it's about time Kalinda got her balls back. I AM looking forward to seeing her save Will's bacon.

Fellating Santa will never get old. The whole "he's not even real, so it's not a real penis" cracked me up. I am apparently to the target audience for this show -- those with the maturity of a twelve year old boy.

Hands-down the best part of the episode!

She is not the hottest thing on the planet.

Oh, I have to disagree!

Too much a redux of last season.

Edited by stealinghome, Nov 13, 2011 @ 10:42 PM.

name234

name234

Fanatic

Posted Nov 13, 2011 @ 10:45 PM

Death Row Ricky. Wow. What an asshole. Unfortunately there are people like that in the real world. Every opportunity, doting family and they just don't give a shit.

Death Row Ricky = Sociopath. The manipulation of his environment just to be able to devastate his mother and brother one last time on top of raping and murdering two 14 year old girls over three days. Sociopath.

In Archie's opening conversation with the actress who plays Dana, that was about the most massive accent slip I could recall.

dbell1 - I didn't miss Caitlin either. And I am glad all we had of the tutor was a sight gag.

Would love to see Jackie get busted for literally trolling through Alicia's dirty laundry, but if that was a set up for the "can't find the on button" punch line - okay, Jackie served her purpose. I couldn't parse Jackie's reaction to Marissa, was she thinking "well, Jewish is better than black? " MBP does a good job with the character. I just wish I didn't feel compelled to boo and hiss every time Jackie appears, and its the creepy fake nice voice Jackie uses.

I was glad to see Will and Kalinda talking, if nothing else Kalinda should get plenty of screen time as everything unfolds with the investigation.

Was I the only person who was momentarily concerned that the government was going to stage a raid on the LG offices when the men with uniforms and badges arrived? Just me then.

Edited by name234, Nov 13, 2011 @ 10:50 PM.

sasha fierce

sasha fierce

Fanatic

Posted Nov 13, 2011 @ 10:49 PM

Feel a little sorry for Cary as he's got Kalinda on the brain 24/7 and she's now gonna use that to help Will.

Love Will and Kalinda teaming up, those two and Diane are badass and get shit done regardless.

Peters mother is the fucking mother in law from hell. I hope Alicia catches her soon.

Edited by sasha fierce, Nov 13, 2011 @ 10:50 PM.

Mikita

Mikita

Fanatic

Posted Nov 13, 2011 @ 10:54 PM

I think Marissa and Zach were talking in Alicia's office.

I just assumed that since he was working on Eli's computer that he was in Eli's office, especially since the daughter was in the office too. But that would explain it because Eli being pushed out of his own office sure didn't make any kind of sense to me.

I liked Zach and Marissa's interaction. Much better than Zach and Becca....though I do wonder where Zach's girlfriend Nessa(?) disappeared to. Not that I think anything romantic will happen with Zach and Marissa...at least I hope not. She's already been established as at least 18 and in college and apparently already has a boyfriend. But you never know. I'm sure she's just hanging with him because she knows it annoys Eli.

I didn't realize that she was 18! So no to romance and I hope it's just a friendship. What did happen to Nisa?

The Dana/Kalinda/Cary thing was by far the most interesting storyline of the night IMO. I've been dying to see Dana and Kalinda interact since Dana's arrival a couple episodes ago and I wasn't disappointed at all. Seemed liked Dana Kalinda'd Kalinda. Using a bit of flirting mixed in with some strong arming to get info. I hope to see at lot more between them. But PLEASE don't have them fighting over Cary. No just no. Yes Cary's cute and has a promising career, but he seems kind of dorky to me. Not at all what I'd expect either woman to be attracted to.

You are right. She did exactly what Kalinda does and she out Kalinda'd Kalinda. Nice. I like all three characters but I don't want Cary/Kalinda just because I have never felt that anything between Kalinda and Cary was real. Every single time I thought she used Cary's feelings for her against him. He deserves better. She was even going through the file on his desk when he wasn't in his office. Usual Kalinda.

I did like the Will/Kalinda scene. Archie sure was letting her accent slip through a lot tonight.

stealinghome

stealinghome

Stalker

Posted Nov 13, 2011 @ 11:06 PM

In Archie's opening conversation with the actress who plays Dana, that was about the most massive accent slip I could recall.

Yeah, it was horrendous! All I can figure is that it was deliberate. I think we were clearly supposed to think Kalinda's unraveling, because I don't think we've ever heard her snap at anyone the way she snapped at Cary tonight. She seemed super out of control all episode.

Though I still think the show hadn't done nearly enough to show her being "an island" to make her coming off it for Will any more poignant.

You are right. She did exactly what Kalinda does and she out Kalinda'd Kalinda. Nice.

I don't really think Dana "won" tonight at all. At the end of the day, Kalinda got her client off/helped the SA find the real killer and hasn't given up any info on Will yet. In fact, she's warned him the SA is still looking into him. And at least as far as the judge goes, there's nothing for them to uncover vis-a-vis Will. AND she's got Cary and Dana quarreling.

I though Cary was a little self-centered tonight. "She's using you to get to me." No, Cary, the world doesn't revolve around you. I'm glad Dana smacked him down after that comment.

spanishrake

spanishrake

Loyal Viewer

Posted Nov 13, 2011 @ 11:21 PM

I loved the Dana/Kalinda/Cary interaction. More please. Dana is playing Kalinda as much as Kalinda is playing her. I think both know it, and find it challenging and fun. Dana can hold her own, and even though I think she finds Kalinda attractive, and isn't above flirting with her to get what she wants, she's not interested in her sexually.....yet. I did think Kalinda was genuinely hurt when Cary said he didn't trust her. Yet, down deep she knows it's true, otherwise it wouldn't hurt. Regardless, I'm interested in where this storyline is going. I think Kalinda might actually find herself start caring for someone here. Lots of possibilities here and I like it.

This episode felt sort of muddled. Too many storylines going on. Although fellating Santa has it's humor, could have done with out the Eli storyline this week. And Marissa totally makes Zach more interesting. The computer crashes at work are total foreshadowing for something dire.

I like not focusing on A/W affair all the time. I know I'm in the minority, but I felt the first 3-4 episodes this season dragged with so much focus on Celeste and the intricacies of the A/W affair. Just didn't find it all that compelling. That being said, now that Peter and the State's Attorney's office is on Will's back, it's getting much more interesting. Diane gunning for Alicia is interesting too, although in-office affairs aren't all that shocking, and I find it a little hard to believe that Diane is, but I like the added plot bump/stakes raising.

Yeah! Kalinda's got Will's back. Loved her response to his surprisingly emotional (if subtle), "I want to hug you." And Kalinda's definitive, "No...Just ask me to help you."

Jackie. Wow. Totally not cool. I actually yelled at my TV. So wrong! ....But that's why we like her.

The tutor can go anytime now, please.

I'm a little concerned Alicia's lingering focus on crime scene photos of 14 year old girls with their throats slit, is the writer's foreshadowing that somehow Grace is going to find herself in major danger participating in her creepy tutor's weird hobbies.

shapeshifter

shapeshifter

Fanatic

Posted Nov 13, 2011 @ 11:30 PM

I'm probably the only one who was thinking Jackie needs to get her own spin-off dramedy show in which she plays a private detective.

I watch way too much TV, especially on Sundays now. This was the one show with satisfying plot lines. The portrayals of good and evil were believable.

Maybe it's because I work with computers, but it seems to me that Zach is doing some hacking at the law firm, and, even if he's not, in what universe would they let an unlicensed teenager have access to sensitive legal materials? Three episodes in a row now he's been on hand for the blue screen of death. Looks like a virus to me, and it can't be good for their insurance to have him messing around with firewalls.
OK. I lied. There is one unsatisfying plot.

But it was great that Cary backed off.

And I suppose I would have like to have seen a reason for the sadistic murderer becoming what he was. IRL he probably wouldn't have been so evil when he was not under the influence of meth or something, since he didn't have any PTSD explanation or other symptoms of mental illness. But it was satisfying that the leopard didn't change his spots for dramatic effect.

About Kalinda's British accent bleed through, ITA:

All I can figure is that it was deliberate. I think we were clearly supposed to think Kalinda's unraveling

possibilities

possibilities

Stalker

Posted Nov 13, 2011 @ 11:30 PM

I still don't understand why Kalinda needs to scheme in order to see the evidence in a case her firm is defending. Isn't it required that they turn over all the evidence to the defense team, anyway?

spanishrake

spanishrake

Loyal Viewer

Posted Nov 13, 2011 @ 11:41 PM

Yeah, I was quite surprised by how pervasive Archie's English accent was in this episode too. Almost her entire first scene with Dana was rife with it. AP's too precise of an actress for that extended type of slip. I have to think there HAS to be a reason for it.

I read somewhere Alan Cummings sometimes has to dub over some of his scenes where his brogue breaks through. You'd think AP would do that too...unless again, there's a reason for she's doing it. .....Or not.

Edited by spanishrake, Nov 13, 2011 @ 11:44 PM.

stealinghome

stealinghome

Stalker

Posted Nov 13, 2011 @ 11:44 PM

I like not focusing on A/W affair all the time. I know I'm in the minority, but I felt the first 3-4 episodes this season dragged with so much focus on Celeste and the intricacies of the A/W affair. Just didn't find it all that compelling.

If you're in the minority, I am too!

but it seems to me that Zach is doing some hacking at the law firm

Even Zach can't be that dumb!...or can he?

I still don't understand why Kalinda needs to scheme in order to see the evidence in a case her firm is defending. Isn't it required that they turn over all the evidence to the defense team, anyway?

I got the impression the corner tapes weren't going to be part of the SA's prosecution plan, hence she had to barter to get access. I got the impression that Dana hadn't even looked at those tapes (or Cary).

The SA really should pay Kalinda a retainer fee, because she does more to actually solve their cases than they do.

Yeah! Kalinda's got Will's back. Loved her response to his surprisingly emotional (if subtle), "I want to hug you." And Kalinda's definitive, "No...Just ask me to help you."

Kalinda was probably thinking "with my luck, Alicia will come around the corner just as we hug!" (I jest. Mostly.)

thebigchill

thebigchill

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 14, 2011 @ 12:02 AM

I love how Kalinda sidled into that booth. Everything about her is deliberate, and yet it's all so effortless, fluid. Cary being overwhelmed by Kalinda is intriguing, as is Dana. I liked this episode. Alicia's reaction to the Christmas picture of Ricky, with the dog and the presents and the jaunty little rawhide, was a highlight.

AuroraAustralis

AuroraAustralis

Fanatic

Posted Nov 14, 2011 @ 1:01 AM

I don't understand how the politico was identifiable from the back, 15 years later. And if his face showed at all, the sight gag was blown (no pun intended). Eh, didn't make much sense to me. It looked like a guy caught setting up a Santa display.

I too balk both at Zach being allowed to work on the firm's computers, and at this rich firm spending only $85k/year on 'real' IT. That's like one guy in Chicago, or two with no major training.

And I'm tired of main characters being too morally outraged to do their jobs. Alicia did it but come on.

Still better than most TV on!

GrorgiaTeach

GrorgiaTeach

Loyal Viewer

Posted Nov 14, 2011 @ 1:08 AM

We don't know what caused Kalinda to be so desperate as to sleep with Peter to change her idenity. Those slips had to be done to show us how far out she is now. Personally, I think Kalinda was running for her life. Perhaps she was the subject of an honor killing. She is doing her job really well but I think she is on the edge of falling apart.
Will is not gonna let Alicia go. Diane should know better. Diane knew Will and Alicia had a history the day Alicia walked in that office. I think Will is so "whipped" until he would leave with Alicia.
I wonder why that clip from the elevator was in the preview? I'm thinking someone was watching it.
I just wish Jackie would find what she is looking for... She wouldn't know whatever it is if it slapped her in tne face.

Bunny LaJoya

Bunny LaJoya

Fanatic

Posted Nov 14, 2011 @ 1:11 AM

I hate to creep everyone out but that kid who plays Zach is easily one of the handsomest young men I have ever seen.

I don't understand how the politico was identifiable from the back, 15 years later.

Absolutely. Just claim it wasn't you. Unless there's pictures from the same day with the same outfit, how would anyone know? I guess what ended up happening is that on the exact same night he took a bunch of similar pictures? Whatever. Subplot = Meh.

I absolutely hate Jackie. I don't think I mind her storylines, but I totally fall into the writer's trap of just hating that character, as a "person".

Edited by Bunny LaJoya, Nov 14, 2011 @ 1:17 AM.

bluenote123

bluenote123

Fanatic

Posted Nov 14, 2011 @ 1:14 AM

Would love to see Jackie get busted for literally trolling through Alicia's dirty laundry, but if that was a set up for the "can't find the on button" punch line - okay, Jackie served her purpose. I couldn't parse Jackie's reaction to Marissa, was she thinking "well, Jewish is better than black? " MBP does a good job with the character. I just wish I didn't feel compelled to boo and hiss every time Jackie appears, and its the creepy fake nice voice Jackie uses.

Both Jackie scenes had me rolling on the floor tonight. In the first scene, her facial expressions went from, "a Jewess!" (and yes, I'm using that word deliberately because that is EXACTLY the word that I thought appeared in the thought bubble above her head) to "a clown!" It was like her 21st century grandchildren were suddenly far too much for her, and she was contemplating having a fit of the vapors. And then, of course, her frustrated interactions with the laptop were the stuff of comedy gold! Boy is she a raging bitch, but as long as her nastiness is ineffective, I love seeing her be that bitch.

Edited by bluenote123, Nov 14, 2011 @ 1:16 AM.

GrorgiaTeach

GrorgiaTeach

Loyal Viewer

Posted Nov 14, 2011 @ 1:26 AM

There is something about Kalinda that makes me think she really does like or even care for Cary. I don't think she was playing Dana at all. I don't think Kalinda likes women sexually at all. I think she involves herself with them because they are safer. Whatever happened to her must have been bad and she has to stick to her cover. I didn't see flirt with Dana. She needed info and Dana did too. They helped each other out. I think Cary will wRn Kalinda if he runs up on anything.

oreo8704

oreo8704

Fanatic

Posted Nov 14, 2011 @ 1:39 AM

I don't think Kalinda is really straight. I think she comes across as bi even though she often has ulterior motives.Her hook up with Sophia seemed to be mostly about fun, and that relationship with Lili Taylor's character seemed to be somewhat sincere. I don't think because a man is her only potential serious love interest that it means she really only really likes men. It would hate it if the show ever went with in that direction with Kalinda.

Both Jackie scenes had me rolling on the floor tonight. In the first scene, her facial expressions went from, "a Jewess!" (and yes, I'm using that word deliberately because that is EXACTLY the word that I thought appeared in the thought bubble above her head) to "a clown!" It was like her 21st century grandchildren were suddenly far too much for her, and she was contemplating having a fit of the vapors. And then, of course, her frustrated interactions with the laptop were the stuff of comedy gold! Boy is she a raging bitch, but as long as her nastiness is ineffective, I love seeing her be that bitch.

I love to hate Jackie. I worry that her snooping will eventually cause serious trouble for Alicia but she's a very amusing character and I like her relationship with Owen.

Edited by oreo8704, Nov 14, 2011 @ 2:02 AM.

Rosebud1970

Rosebud1970

Video Archivist

Posted Nov 14, 2011 @ 1:59 AM

Ah yes, Jackie Florrick...panty sniffer! Is that how she wants to be thought of? I was praying that Marissa would have caught her, because Marissa isn't subject to any of Jackie's threats. How lovely that would have been. We already know there's no love lost between Jackie and Eli.

On another note, computer powering on shenanigans aside, what was Jackie hoping to find on Alicia's laptop? A diary entry? Maybe something like...

'Oh, that Will Gardner is sooo dreamy. He looks at me and my heart just beats out of my chest. I want to gaze deeply, deeply into his eyes all day long. I want to have mad, passionate sex with him. I want to have his babies. I want him to sweep me up into his strong, manly arms and shut out the whole world.

Remember when we Did It the night that Peter had the kids? Oh, I relive that night over and over and I can't wait until we have another opportunity just like that one.

Until then, Dear Diary, until then.'

Srsly. Just how stupid does Jackie think Alicia is? Does she think that Alicia would leave any evidence of anything she's doing lying around for anyone (like Zack and Grace, especially) to find? Much less her snooping, prying miserable MIL with an ax to grind? Yeah, I thought as much.

Mikita

Mikita

Fanatic

Posted Nov 14, 2011 @ 2:01 AM

Can anyone tell me when and what episode exactly that Cary found out that Kalinda liked women? I don't remember any scenes about it and tonight he knew that she liked women so I must have missed it.

stealinghome

stealinghome

Stalker

Posted Nov 14, 2011 @ 2:25 AM

I don't think Kalinda is really straight. I think she comes across as bi even though she often has ulterior motives.Her hook up with Sophia seemed to be mostly about fun, and that relationship with Lili Taylor's character seemed to be somewhat sincere. I don't think because a man is her only potential serious love interest that it means she really only really likes men. It would hate it if the show ever went with in that direction with Kalinda.

Not to beat a dead horse, but...

TV has a long history of female characters that are supposedly bi, except we only ever see the bi female character hooking up with another woman during sweeps and it's always only ever a fling, it never lasts. 95% of the rest of the time, the supposedly bi female character is in some sort of romantic/sexual entanglement with one of the male characters and barely gives women a passing glance.

Thus far, Kalinda has (unfortunately) fallen into this pattern. The inevitable hook-up with Cary seems like it will keep her in this pattern, and I'm disappointed in the show for falling into the trap.

On another note, computer powering on shenanigans aside, what was Jackie hoping to find on Alicia's laptop?

A better question is, even if Jackie finds something, why does she think it will matter? So Alicia's sleeping with Will, big whoop. It's not like Peter (and Chicago!) doesn't already know. If Peter and Alicia ever go to a custody fight, given Peter's sordid sexual history and the circumstances, I'm pretty sure one affair isn't going to kill Alicia's custody chances. So unless Jackie thinks she's going to find some crack cocaine (which, PUH-LEESE), I don't even know what she thinks she's really accomplishing here except further alienating Alicia.

misscharity

misscharity

Just Tuned In

Posted Nov 14, 2011 @ 2:41 AM

'Oh, that Will Gardner is sooo dreamy. He looks at me and my heart just beats out of my chest. I want to gaze deeply, deeply into his eyes all day long. I want to have mad, passionate sex with him. I want to have his babies. I want him to sweep me up into his strong, manly arms and shut out the whole world.

Remember when we Did It the night that Peter had the kids? Oh, I relive that night over and over and I can't wait until we have another opportunity just like that one.

Until then, Dear Diary, until then.'

LOL. That's absolutely hilarious (and it looks quite similar to the entries of my diary when I was 15).

I really liked this episode and after having been deprived of Kalinda for a few episodes, I finally got my fix. When Kalinda told Cary to go to hell, I cheered. Weirdly enough, I felt bad for Cary this time (he usually annoys me): Kalinda is so using him.

I'm still waiting, episode after episode, for Kalinda and Alicia to talk to each other and to finally make up. They barely acknowledge each other while in the same room. It's killing me.

Can anyone tell me when and what episode exactly that Cary found out that Kalinda liked women? I don't remember any scenes about it and tonight he knew that she liked women so I must have missed it.

I was very surprised when he mentioned to Kalinda that Dana is not into women. It was:" Wait? How did he find out? Was Kalinda outed?"
I guess he figured it out because of the body language between Sophia and Kalinda in the first episode.