Religion on "Hell on Wheels": God in Hell

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

5 replies to this topic

taiko

taiko

Fanatic

Posted Nov 11, 2011 @ 11:48 AM

So we begin a new series with a man impersonating a Catholic Priest committing murder in a confessional booth only to latter hear that a rapist was forgiven, perhaps escaping his vengence. We then move on to an Evangelic baptizing a Native American and setting up his new church amid the prostitutes.

How will God and his followers be portrayed in the Hell of earth?

Dowel Jones

Dowel Jones

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 13, 2011 @ 1:52 AM

I am reminded of Mark Twain's famous description of Virginia City on his arrival in 1864 (and I am paraphrasing here): "There was a whiskey mill every sixteen steps, drunken behavior everywhere, gambling salons all around me, a slaying every Saturday night, and some talk of building a church."

taiko

taiko

Fanatic

Posted Nov 13, 2011 @ 9:47 AM

In this case a church has gone up. They have a lot of material to work with. The ex slave owner who released his slaves but while accepting that moral argument probably had no belief in God. Minority Irish Catholics and how they are dealt with. Native Americans being converted, a fire and brimstone preacher, possibly running into Mormons in the future

Tricksterson

Tricksterson

Fanatic

Posted Dec 18, 2011 @ 6:29 PM

Not that fire and brimstone. Rather it's Durant, like the Devil, who winds up quoting scripture for his own purposes.

Tricksterson

Tricksterson

Fanatic

Posted Jan 27, 2012 @ 10:52 PM

Aand the Rev. Cole has gone all nutty now.

8matt8

8matt8

Channel Surfer

Posted Jan 28, 2012 @ 12:17 AM

The Reverend Cole is the scariest fictional character that I've seen in quite a while(he's right up there with Anton Chigurgh(sp?) in No Country For Old Men) . Rev. Cole even had Bohannon looking a little scared...and that's no small thing! It's often been said that violence done in the name of religion is usually the most vicious of all.