7-9: "Disaster Averted" 2011.11.07

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

124 replies to this topic

cheryl1213

cheryl1213

Fanatic

Posted Nov 14, 2011 @ 1:12 PM

The Ducy bet: I tend to think it was all fine...Barney had a secret, Lily "used what she's got" to help her side win. They DO take bets seriously, but they also seem to have an "all's fair" philosophy.

On another note, I'm not sure what I think about a Barney/Robin pairing but I do think it was a really fitting scene. It felt like the "right" way for the kiss to happen for the two characters with them starting out mocking themselves for the "weak moment" and then the chemistry and emotions take over very suddenly. Felt pretty organic and real.

I am interested to see how it plays out, especially with Barney really becoming a relationship guy and turning a bit of a corner in his realtionship with Nora. That's a more "important" relationship, IMHO, than Robin's....not that it makes her stepping out on Kevin okay, just less dramatic development since it isn't such a ground-breaking relationship for her. Though, and now my head is running off on me, I suppose she should be more accustomed to relationship-land and the fact that you may still have moments of sexual tension but you don't "give in" when you are in a committed relationship.

Edited by TWoP Roxy, Nov 14, 2011 @ 2:55 PM.
boards on boards

CapsChick

CapsChick

Fanatic

Posted Nov 14, 2011 @ 2:57 PM

I liked Robin saying how the hurricane wasn't even "bbq" weather in Vancouver. I thought she was from Toronto or Saskatchewan, not the far west like Vancouver?

Robin's a fan of the Canucks so it makes sense that she's from Vancouver.

sweetwilliam

sweetwilliam

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 14, 2011 @ 3:49 PM

The saddest I've felt for characters on this show (aside from Marshall when his dad died) was when Robin and Ted finally broke up. They were madly in love but realized they wanted different things in life. Robin wanted to travel the world being a journalist. What happened to that dream? I hate seeing her with Barney, or Kevin, or whoever, just sitting at the bar night after night.

romantic idiot

romantic idiot

Stalker

• Interests:Urban fantasy and paranormal romance, Buffy, Angel, Firefly, VM, FNL, Friends, MASH, Avatar, House, Farscape, Roswell, Glee, True Blood, Community, P&R, 30 Rock, The Good Wife, Boss, Downton Abbey, Coupling, old SYTYCD, Leverage, White Collar, Jonathan Groff, mutton, chicken and eggs.

Posted Nov 15, 2011 @ 4:42 AM

Robin wanted to travel the world being a journalist.

The monkey in Japan? Maybe she got disillusioned, and didn't want to put those years in?

o.b.

o.b.

Fanatic

Posted Feb 21, 2012 @ 6:27 PM

Especially since they are just screwing with Barney and were going to allow him to take it off the minute they realised he wanted it off to make a good impression on Nora's parents. I mean, even if Lily were to be a grinch about it, Marshall's a total softie.

There is no indication that they were going to do that. If they were then why didn't they just offer it then and not decide at the end to be mean and get more slaps out of it?

Because Barney didn't ask. He just took off the tie, threw it away, and told a wild farrago of lies to explain its absence.