Whitechapel: Jack the Ripper 2.0

• Please log in to reply

147 replies to this topic

attica finch

attica finch

Stalker

Posted Sep 24, 2012 @ 9:48 AM

Yay! I was wondering whether to delete my dvr program for that show, and now I know to not!

M. Darcy

M. Darcy

Stalker

Posted Sep 24, 2012 @ 3:39 PM

Yea! I can't wait.

I'm in the middle of a Doctor Who rewatch and was watching Silence in the Library last week and kept thinking that Strackman Lux looked so familar. I finally just look it up and it was Steve Pemberton - Edward Buchan. I can't believe I never realized it while watching Whitechapel. It is amazing how many things that Phil Davis has been in that I've seen.

pyralis

pyralis

Fanatic

Posted Sep 24, 2012 @ 6:56 PM

That is good to know. I'll be watching.

becky4201

becky4201

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jan 17, 2013 @ 11:38 AM

Just finished watching all 3 series & loved it! It's almost enough to tide me over till more Sherlock is available.

pyralis

pyralis

Fanatic

Posted Jan 17, 2013 @ 7:19 PM

I see from the Whitechapel community on lj that filming for Series 4 started last week.

Ladi Izz

Ladi Izz

Channel Surfer

Posted Jan 18, 2013 @ 10:26 AM

*Gasp* It's coming back? Huzzah! BBC America has been airing the past three series for the last couple of weeks and I was just thinking I'd never see it again. Man, I can't wait.

seacliffsal

seacliffsal

Video Archivist

Posted Jan 18, 2013 @ 5:51 PM

So, flipping through my on demand options, I came across this series today. I watched episode 1 of the first series, and had to quickly watch the other two episodes. This show is remarkable. I enjoyed all aspects of it, and now have to find the other two seasons to watch.

pyralis

pyralis

Fanatic

Posted Sep 1, 2013 @ 1:59 AM

Just saw that Series 4  starts this week in Britain  Same format as last series - 6 ep. comprising 3 2hr stories.

abbottrabbit

abbottrabbit

Fanatic

Posted Sep 5, 2013 @ 11:01 AM

Yeah, the first episode aired last night, and rest assured, I don't think it was 20 minutes in before Chandler had his shirt off. 

Mild spoilers ahoy:

Spoiler

callie lee 29

callie lee 29

Fanatic

Posted Sep 6, 2013 @ 9:32 PM

So excited this is back (ok, coming back). I thought about deleting it from my DVR, but kept it, of course, it doesn't help me much considering I'm in Florida and not Britain and therefore can't watch it (and really, in this day and age, that kinda seems ridiculous).

<sigh>, Whitechapel, Sherlock, Ripper Street... I miss you.

pyralis

pyralis

Fanatic

Posted Sep 6, 2013 @ 10:44 PM

I had a long tough day at work yesterday and the first episode completely took me away from all that.

Spoiler

stephf13

stephf13

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 6, 2013 @ 11:50 PM

I need to re-watch the ep, but I missed what the deal was with the old lady being rude to everyone?  

ahnungslos

ahnungslos

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 13, 2013 @ 10:32 PM

Ooooh -missed the second episode! Oh no! How was it resolved? I don't want Kent to be evil, and Miles to lose his authority!! Was the creepy little lady spiking people's drinks? And someone somewhere said she gave her name as something similar to "Luzifer", ahem, can anyone confirm? Sorry.

mowgo2

mowgo2

Channel Surfer

Posted Sep 14, 2013 @ 3:39 AM

ahnungslos:

And someone somewhere said she gave her name as something similar to "Luzifer", ahem, can anyone confirm?

She said her name was Louise Iver. 

How was it resolved?

Spoiler

Edited by mowgo2, Sep 14, 2013 @ 3:41 AM.

Arjumand

Arjumand

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 14, 2013 @ 2:58 PM

She said her name was Louise Iver.

Spoiler

pyralis

pyralis

Fanatic

Posted Sep 15, 2013 @ 12:16 PM

Spoiler

Edited by pyralis, Sep 15, 2013 @ 12:20 PM.

BuddhaBelly

BuddhaBelly

Fanatic

Posted Sep 19, 2013 @ 1:07 PM

I was happy for Kent when he got the first break in the case. He's always trying to please. I hope he calls up that cute Polish girl and loosen up a bit.

The prank they played on Buchanan was cruel. Yea he shouldn't have kissed Riley but no reason to take it any further.

This week was such a creepy case and the personal curses are really starting to reek havoc on them.

pyralis

pyralis

Fanatic

Posted Sep 19, 2013 @ 7:47 PM

Spoiler

Bohemian Taco

Bohemian Taco

Loyal Viewer

Posted Sep 21, 2013 @ 9:29 PM

Wondering what is up with those creepy phone calls Mansell keeps getting and the disturbing reflections Kent sees in himself. For some reason I can't shake the feeling that Mansell will end up at the center of their crime scene in the third arc and Kent will be a huge suspect...

Wish they would just 'go there' already with Kent and Joe. Even if it turns out to be one-sided, at least Kent can move on.

ahnungslos

ahnungslos

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 24, 2013 @ 5:49 PM

Wish they would just 'go there' already with Kent and Joe. Even if it turns out to be one-sided, at least Kent can move on.

It's not just shippers dreaming, is it?

Spoiler

Arjumand

Arjumand

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 29, 2013 @ 8:34 AM

Wondering what is up with those creepy phone calls Mansell keeps getting and the disturbing reflections Kent sees in himself. 

And there's the echoing footsteps Miles keeps hearing, whatever is wrong with Riley's hand, and the saga I'm now calling "Joe and the dripping/black goo expelling taps". My personal theory is that creepy lady is poisoning all of them with ergot, somehow. As regards creepy lady, I spotted her in episode 4, I think:

Spoiler

Spoilers for Episode 4 as a whole:

Spoiler

Synchronicity7

Synchronicity7

Channel Surfer

Posted Oct 2, 2013 @ 9:56 PM

Just watched Season4 episode 5.  At the end what did the guy say he was cooking?  I rewound it a few times but can't make it out.  Thanks to any one that knows.    UGH! And the lights blinking and shorting out in the office and through out the building is driving me nuts.  No one would work in a situation like that!!!  Water leaks from the ceiling are believable, not the light situation.  I do love the show though.

BuddhaBelly

BuddhaBelly

Fanatic

Posted Oct 3, 2013 @ 2:31 AM

Question: Is there a particular reason everything is hidden behind the spoiler tag?

Spoiler

Edited by BuddhaBelly, Oct 3, 2013 @ 11:46 AM.

Megras

Megras

Channel Surfer

Posted Oct 3, 2013 @ 5:24 AM

My subtitles gave the thing being cooked as "Dinner."

pyralis

pyralis

Fanatic

Posted Oct 3, 2013 @ 10:22 PM

I'm using the spoilers since the show hasn't aired on this side of the pond yet.

Spoiler

Bohemian Taco

Bohemian Taco

Loyal Viewer

Posted Oct 17, 2013 @ 12:42 AM

Is this show supposed to be funny? Because I laughed out loud when the

Spoiler
. I couldn't help myself. And that note at the end? What is up with this show?!? It's so weird and I can't stop watching it.
Spoiler

Anyone know its chances for a fifth season?

McBrien76

McBrien76

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 17, 2013 @ 3:23 AM

Whitechapel star Rupert Penry-Jones has revealed that ITV has cancelled the show.

pyralis

pyralis

Fanatic

Posted Nov 17, 2013 @ 10:17 PM

That's too bad - particularly since Silk is in no way a replacement - even with RPJ.  Hopefully his next thing will be something I will be interested in watching.