Lost Shout Outs: Down the Rabbit Hole

• Please log in to reply

168 replies to this topic

LimelightQueen

LimelightQueen

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 19, 2012 @ 4:15 PM

In the end, didn't someone end up calling Emma a "woman of faith"?

Miss Muffet

Miss Muffet

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 28, 2012 @ 6:12 AM

Hat Trick episode...

Jefferson's house number is 316, which was the Ajira flight to Guam that led the losties back to the island.

Of course, the white rabbit reference.

Alexandria Bay

Alexandria Bay

Stalker

Posted Apr 30, 2012 @ 5:43 AM

Phuket shout out--scene of the stupidest half an episode ever, the gripping tale of Jack's tattoos. And was that an Oceanic plane Pinocchio saw when he emerged from the tree?

Edited by Alexandria Bay, Apr 30, 2012 @ 5:44 AM.

chessiegal

chessiegal

Fanatic

Posted Apr 30, 2012 @ 2:47 PM

I went back and paused to take a look at the plane. It has a round logo on the tail, looks like a solid circle with lettering in the middle. It looks too different from the Oceanic logo, so maybe just the airplane was a shout out. ???

dirtybubble

dirtybubble

Fanatic

Posted Apr 30, 2012 @ 3:24 PM

I was thinking the plane in general was a shout out to Lost. Especially in the way it was viewed. Its similar to Jack viewing it at the end. It would have been too funny to see that plane split in two as how the Others saw it though.

Alexandria Bay

Alexandria Bay

Stalker

Posted May 16, 2012 @ 7:29 AM

Apollo bars and 8:15 appear again...I feel like there was something else but need to rewatch with shout-outs in mind. I wonder if the purple smoke is named Berry (that is only mildly funny, even if you've seen the clip it refers to).

We're putting together a Lost summer rewatch in the Lost section of the Sci fi & Action forum. If you're interested in participating, this link should go right to the thread.

anacita

anacita

Channel Surfer

Posted Oct 3, 2012 @ 5:42 AM

The mystery man was introduced in the same way as Desmond. Listening to music, and the musics sudden ending, was similar to Hurley in the first five or so episodes of season 1.

And a promotional pic shows Gold playing chess. There may be spoilers in this image, here it is, but probably foreshadowing.

Santo

Santo

Video Archivist

Posted Oct 3, 2012 @ 10:38 AM

Season 1: Focus on Emma, and Storybrooke and characters with amnesia (like Season 1 of "Lost")Season 2: Characters regain memories, and Emma tries to get them back home (like Season 3 of "Lost")Season 3: Characters get back to Enchanted Forest, but realize it was a mistake, and they want to get back to Storybrooke (like Season 4 of "Lost")Season 4: Characters return to Storybrooke, and fight the final battle (like Season 5-6 of "Lost")

Lmfao, this breakdown made my day.

Alexandria Bay

Alexandria Bay

Stalker

Posted Nov 5, 2012 @ 6:40 AM

Last night have had the most Lost shout outs since the pilot.
Tallahassee where Sawyer and Anthony Cooper, also con men, spent some time and the title of the best episode of the series (imo): The Man from Tallahassee.
Neal Cassady was the model for Dean Moriarty (alias used by Ben in Tunisia) in On the Road.
Portland is where Ben was born and where Mittelos Labs was set up.
Phuket is where Jack got those stupid tattoos in the worst episode of the series.
And, of course, Jorge Garcia.

Edited by Alexandria Bay, Nov 5, 2012 @ 7:10 AM.

thekenward

thekenward

Loyal Viewer

Posted Nov 5, 2012 @ 11:50 AM

Oh yes, and don't forget the Apollo bar!

What we really needed was "You All Everybody" playing on the store's speakers while Neal and Emma were "shopping".

jbreckenridge

jbreckenridge

Fanatic

Posted Nov 5, 2012 @ 2:10 PM

Would it be too big a stretch to say Emma's keychain resembled the logo for the Swan Station?

Camera One

Camera One

Fanatic

Posted Nov 5, 2012 @ 11:42 PM

When Neil's last name was revealed, it seemed like a callback to Cassidy, Sawyer's partner in crime who ended up being the mother of his baby.

Toughie

Toughie

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 6, 2012 @ 12:17 AM

Is it just me or is anyone else getting annoyed with the insane amount of Lost shoutouts? They worked on Lost. We get it. Move on. It's a new show.

Deirbhile

Deirbhile

Fanatic

Posted Nov 6, 2012 @ 9:49 AM

Would it be too big a stretch to say Emma's keychain resembled the logo for the Swan Station?

I suppose, technically, the very fact that her last name is "Swan" is callback to Swan Station.

Is it just me or is anyone else getting annoyed with the insane amount of Lost shoutouts? They worked on Lost. We get it. Move on. It's a new show.

Eh, it's harmless enough. My husband and I were late to Lost, but spent months last year watching it on Netflix streaming at a rate of three episodes a night - but even given our enthusiasm for the series and our recent viewing, when we first saw Apollo candy bars in the Hansel and Gretel episodes, we couldn't place them until I looked it up on Wikipedia.

I would guess that there are plenty of us who will say "Yay, it's Claire! Yay, it's Hurly!" but need forums like this to point out details that most of us would miss. 8:15 on the clock tower? Swan Station? Lana was one of the guards that kicked poor Charlie's sorry ass on Looking Glass? Oh...yeah. Now I remember.

As long as Jack doesn't show up as a guest star, I'll be happy. If they can get Sawyer or Desmond, or even Sayid to show up, I'll be ecstatic. Other than that, I say let the writers have their fun.

Miss Muffet

Miss Muffet

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 6, 2012 @ 11:14 AM

I knew that Jorge Garcia was in this episode, he was my fave Lost character.

When Emma stole the VW Beetle, I thought it would have been funny to have the radio play "Shambala" as a shout out to Hurley starting the VW Bus from "Tricia Tanaka is Dead" episode of Lost. That was one of my faves. Hurley starts the VW bus

Tricksterson

Tricksterson

Fanatic

Posted Jan 12, 2013 @ 3:26 PM

When Regina's soldier tells her that without King George's forces they can't beat Snow and Charming she replied, "Don't tell me what I can or cannot do." Not quite a direct Locke quote but close enough.

Edited by Tricksterson, Jan 19, 2013 @ 3:05 PM.

DigiKing

DigiKing

Fanatic

Posted Jan 16, 2013 @ 10:36 PM

YES. Heard that one. It was definitely a callback IMO.

Alexandria Bay

Alexandria Bay

Stalker

Posted Jan 22, 2013 @ 2:20 PM

The idea that the curse and Storybrooke offer all of the FTL refugess a second chance reminds me a lot of Locke's descriptions of the Island as a second chance, chance to start over, tabula rasa, etc.

Bussy

Bussy

Fanatic

Posted Jan 22, 2013 @ 6:01 PM

I got that, too! Maybe it's why I'm shipping Frankenwolf so hard, because it reminded me of those odd island pairings (like a Shannon/Sayid type both trying to start over). I like that the conversation was between people who are literally from different worlds who were stranded together at random (Whale is 'stranded' in a way that Ruby isn't, since she's at least got a bunch of people in Storybrooke she knows from her past life). And also because this fresh start is happening similarly in a bubble where for the most part people don't come in or out. Love.

Alexandria Bay

Alexandria Bay

Stalker

Posted Feb 11, 2013 @ 9:41 AM

When Ruby offered Belle the book, I immediately thought Lost, not only because of the title Mysterious Island but because bringing people--especially incarcerated people--food and a book happened repeatedly on Craphole.

BUT I completely missed Expose on the TV and Ajira Airlines. I blame it on the horrible, horrible muddy sound on the show--I have to use closed captioning to catch a lot of the dialogue but usually do it on the second watch. Turning up the volume doesn't help because the sound is grabled, not too low. It's the same with Revenge.

Writing Wrongs

Writing Wrongs

Fanatic

Posted Feb 18, 2013 @ 1:18 PM

The number 23 was in the bar.

Deirbhile

Deirbhile

Fanatic

Posted Feb 18, 2013 @ 2:39 PM

This isn't a Lost shout-out, but Snow and Charming trying to figure out the family tree kind of reminded me of Ginny's past life as Margene on Big Love, and Adeleen explaining to one of her offspring: "OK, here's how it goes; it's complicated, so try to follow along. I'm 32nd of 56 children, and when I married Roman I became my own step-grandma, because my father married Roman's daughter, Baylene. [conversation continues off screen] So, little Josie, that makes you my step-grandma, and I'm your stepmom. And when I had Alby he became my great-uncle and I became his great-great-grandmother. Which of course makes me my own grandmother."

Tricksterson

Tricksterson

Fanatic

Posted Feb 19, 2013 @ 10:08 AM

There is a seperate thread for non-Lost shout outs, Easter Eggs, etc

Camera One

Camera One

Fanatic

Posted Mar 25, 2013 @ 1:57 AM

This latest episode reminded me of "Stranger in a Strange Land"... Phuket, man looking for redemption, a newly introduced female character no one cares about.

Alexandria Bay

Alexandria Bay

Stalker

Posted Mar 25, 2013 @ 1:06 PM

Hee! And August's wooden leg=Jack's tattoo.

Love

Love

Fanatic

Posted Mar 25, 2013 @ 1:08 PM

At least there was no Bai Ling. Small favours.

Alexandria Bay

Alexandria Bay

Stalker

Posted Apr 29, 2013 @ 3:12 PM

Pile of dead villagers = Dharma Initiative pit of bones.

djsunyc

djsunyc

Couch Potato

Posted May 6, 2013 @ 7:49 AM

So we have a fail safe now as well as Emma + Neal in the wormhole mimicking Sawyer and Juliet.

We have our "not penny's boat" people with Tamara + Red head guy.

Deirbhile

Deirbhile

Fanatic

Posted May 13, 2013 @ 1:31 PM

Ah! I finally figured out which Lost couple Belle and Gold remind me off: Sun and Jin.  Nobody could really figure out why Sun loved Jin, but he turned out to be not such a bad guy in the end.

I hope Rumbelle has a slightly happier ending, because Sun and Jin's final moments had me absolutely sobbing, and there I didn't even really care about the characters. 

Edited by Deirbhile, May 13, 2013 @ 1:31 PM.

Deirbhile

Deirbhile

Fanatic

Posted May 16, 2013 @ 8:42 AM

The drink Gold pours for Belle is from a bottle of MacCutcheon 60-year old whisky - the fictional brand Charles Widmore first used to school Desmond on the reasons he wasn't worthy of marrying Penny, and a recurring motif through a large part of the series

We've seen it in Once before - Emma poured Mary Margaret a shot in "The Shephard" (in which Widmore/Alan Dale was a guest star, of course).  It must be a little cheaper in Storybrooke than in Lost land, because Sayid paid $120 for a single shot in a bar in Season 5.