Ginnifer Goodwin as Snow White: The Glass Coffin Gave Her Pause

• Please log in to reply

391 replies to this topic

Aliasscape

Aliasscape

Fanatic

Posted Mar 9, 2012 @ 10:02 PM

Ginnifer Goodwin centric interview article: http://latimesblogs....ys-episode.html

Very few if any spoilers in the actual text but there's an embedded sneak peek vid from Red-Handed, you have to click to watch.

Irish64

Irish64

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 10, 2012 @ 10:06 AM

Maybe Regina liked him being in Mary Margaret's class, so that when she came to pick him up, she could sneer at Mary Margaret with a silent "here I am picking up my child...something you will never have in your life; Have a miserable day!"

Exactly what Regina would do (this revenge of hers, now that I think of it, is like a mean high school girls idea of revenge.) It wasnt enough that she was in charge, smoking hot, driving nice cars, lived in a big house, terrorized the population (minus one) with her authority, she had to take it a step further and get a kid of her own (without ruining that hot bod of hers.) That kind of stuff I find more interesting then fairies, fairy dust, dragons, etc. I wish they would focus more on Storybrook and the day to day interactions of the characters.

Princess Aldrea

Princess Aldrea

Stalker

Posted Mar 10, 2012 @ 12:01 PM

she had to take it a step further and get a kid of her own (without ruining that hot bod of hers.)

While that was probably a plus, Ashley was proof that Regina couldn't have had a child herself. Well, at least until Emma arrived. Now anyone from Regina to Mary Margaret to Ashley again can probably have a baby.

Irish64

Irish64

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 10, 2012 @ 1:07 PM

While that was probably a plus, Ashley was proof that Regina couldn't have had a child herself. Well, at least until Emma arrived. Now anyone from Regina to Mary Margaret to Ashley again can probably have a baby.

Very true....showing once again that despite what she might think, Regina is a victim of the curse also, as she, along with everyone else, can't find love, (she had to resort to enslaved Sheriff Underwear Model for sex) can't make a family, etc. And wouldn't that get that snotty look on her face if she found out that MM was actually having Davids' kid???

Though I do think that there might be a possibility that Regina can't physically have kids even in EF..but that is for her thread.

legaleagle44

legaleagle44

Stalker

Posted Mar 10, 2012 @ 2:50 PM

Very true....showing once again that despite what she might think, Regina is a victim of the curse also, as she, along with everyone else, can't find love, (she had to resort to enslaved Sheriff Underwear Model for sex) can't make a family, etc. And wouldn't that get that snotty look on her face if she found out that MM was actually having Davids' kid???

Taking my response to this to Regina's thread.

Spartan Girl

Spartan Girl

Fanatic

Posted Mar 12, 2012 @ 1:13 PM

Even though Red was the standout character on last night's episode, some good stuff Snow/Mary Margaret as well. Should have seen the "Mary" alias coming...

And even though they're broken up, it was good to see that Mary Margaret cared enough to go check up on David and didn't automatically jump to the conclusion that he harmed Kathryn in any way, despite finding him zombiefied in the forest.

Edited by Spartan Girl, Mar 12, 2012 @ 1:13 PM.

Aliasscape

Aliasscape

Fanatic

Posted Mar 13, 2012 @ 1:00 PM

The more I see this show or ads or stills, the more I think what an amazing time Ginnifer Goodwin must be having.

Gets to have these innocent princess/ tough queen Snow White moments, then the bandit Snow White moments (next week looking to be especially interesting on this front) the red bow in her hair is cracking me up, They've gotten amazingly better on the wigs as time goes on too.

Then, on the Mary Margaret side, she's got the connecting with Emma, the frustration with David, conflict with Regina, dealing with the town ire, and now this whole murder mystery storyline. I love her deep emotional moments as Mary Margaret.

Of course all this probably means she's working practically 24/7 but oh what interesting work.

Edited by Aliasscape, Mar 13, 2012 @ 1:01 PM.

Camera One

Camera One

Fanatic

Posted Mar 13, 2012 @ 4:19 PM

If Mary Margaret thought being called a tramp by everyone in town was bad, it will be only get worse when everyone thinks she's a sick murderer. Ha!

it was good to see that Mary Margaret cared enough to go check up on David and didn't automatically jump to the conclusion that he harmed Kathryn in any way, despite finding him zombiefied in the forest.

I'm glad too. As I said in another thread, I can't believe I'm already feeling the chemistry between Mary Margaret and David again, when I was so sick of it two episodes before with the stupidly written sneaking around behind Kathryn's back subplot.

Edited by Camera One, Mar 13, 2012 @ 4:20 PM.

Dream Girl

Dream Girl

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 16, 2012 @ 12:49 AM

I liked how, in "Red-Handed," Snow White is starting the transformation from protected princess to independent adventurer. Yes, she's a romantic and has serious problems with gigantic wolf paws and bloody corpses. But she can be devious when needed - she wore Red's cloak to bed so that Granny would think that Red was still there. It's too bad the plan backfired . . .

Edited by Dream Girl, Mar 17, 2012 @ 1:48 AM.

Camera One

Camera One

Fanatic

Posted Mar 17, 2012 @ 4:56 PM

Would anyone have any issues if the writers made it so Mary Margaret really did kill Kathryn and removed her heart? We know they will need to show that Regina has a legitimate reason for hating Snow White. This would definitely make the show more grey instead of black and white.

It would also be hilarious if Emma wakes up one night and Mary Margaret is holding a knife over her.

Aliasscape

Aliasscape

Fanatic

Posted Mar 17, 2012 @ 6:39 PM

Only if she did it in her own fugue state. I guess it'd be the biggest twist ever but it would take Mary Margaret to a deranged serial killer taking trophies type of person. So eh, I find it doubtful.

Snow White said the charges on the queen's posters were lies. One of those charges was Murderer. Since she freely admits she ruined the queen's life/hope of ever having happiness, it seems unlikely to me that she'd lie and say she wasn't a murderer if she really was.

Samiwell

Samiwell

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 17, 2012 @ 7:09 PM

I guess Emma's trying to keep Henry from hearing that Ruby found the heart in the box. If he knew, he'd think of Regina's old habit of collecting hearts right away.

Tableau

Tableau

Fanatic

Posted Mar 17, 2012 @ 10:29 PM

We saw when Snow was forced to leave her kingdom in The Heart Is a Lonely Hunter, no one claimed that the princess of the deceased king was a murderer. In fact, the Huntsman was so taken with her innocence that he lets her go instead of finishing his job.

Edited by Tableau, Mar 17, 2012 @ 10:30 PM.

Spartan Girl

Spartan Girl

Fanatic

Posted Mar 19, 2012 @ 12:18 PM

Once again, splendid job from Ginnifer Goodwin last night.

I LOVED Psycho!Snow, especially how the writers twisted the Disney version by having her wear the red boy and humming one of her songs (don't remember the name) right before trying to bludgeon that poor bird. The dwarf intervention was priceless, and I loved the reconcilation at the end.

Who else can't wait for them to storm the castle?

Aliasscape

Aliasscape

Fanatic

Posted Mar 19, 2012 @ 5:33 PM

She was humming With a Smile and A Song.

I agree Ginnifer was superb last night. I love her awareness as an actress. I've seen her say she actually does like to watch her work just so she can see what's working, what isn't in her performance. I'd never seen nearly anything she'd done before this (Ramona and Beezus but I didn't remember she was the aunt in that.) so I get more impressed by her all the time.

Her and her like 4 character incarnations, Princess Snow White, Bandit Snow White, Dark Snow White and Mary Margaret.

Camera One

Camera One

Fanatic

Posted Apr 29, 2012 @ 12:12 AM

She did a good job with that one scene with David in "The Return". I'm glad Mary Margaret isn't angry at David. I'm fine with them cooling off on good terms for a bit. They really need to avoid the whole yo-yo effect with Mary Margaret and David on this show, or they risk destroying any chemistry these two characters did have together, and the first season isn't even over yet.

stecciem

stecciem

Loyal Viewer

Posted May 5, 2012 @ 10:49 PM

Seriously, am I the last person to know that they were a real couple?

funnybia

funnybia

Channel Surfer

Posted May 6, 2012 @ 5:50 AM

Nope, I already knew that. Well I always thought that the way prince charming was around Snow wasn't acting, guess I was right.

bella1013

bella1013

Fanatic

Posted May 6, 2012 @ 5:55 AM

I think the actors themselves refer to it as "bumping into each other" on Twitter.

Okay then.

bigredcat7

bigredcat7

Fanatic

Posted May 6, 2012 @ 6:37 AM

I think the gossip columnists starting hinting at the relationship a few months ago when he confirmed his and his wife's separation.

ViciousCircle

ViciousCircle

Video Archivist

Posted May 6, 2012 @ 10:59 AM

I think the actors themselves refer to it as "bumping into each other" on Twitter.

Ha! For a euphemism, that's pretty literal.

I think they can't let Mary Margaret and David get together yet because really, where are they going to "bump into each other?" Kathryn presumably will move back into their house, and Mary Margaret's apartment is a bit lacking in privacy. It's too chilly for the picnic hookups to work reliably or comfortably, and the making-out-on-street-corners thing is romantic the first time, but icky as a regular habit. David needs to prove himself to Mary Margaret in the honesty, trustworthiness, general decency and getting-his-own-apartment departments before it makes sense for them to be together. Until then, I'm with Camera One: no yo-yoing, let's just see David doing all those things, without getting up in Mary Margaret's face about it all the time. To make it work with her he needs to be able to show her who he really is, the way he did the first time she had amnesia. It won't resonate as real to me if she takes him back as his current wishy-washy, world's-worst-apologizer self.

Edited by ViciousCircle, May 6, 2012 @ 11:56 AM.

MorninStar

MorninStar

Fanatic

Posted May 6, 2012 @ 11:02 AM

It's got to be at least Spring.. They've already had Valentines Day back in the 12th episode, 'Skin Deep'.

ViciousCircle

ViciousCircle

Video Archivist

Posted May 6, 2012 @ 11:07 AM

Regardless of the weather and whether they show the weather, I'd rather not see Mary Margaret and David running around trying to find alone-time and/or debating, ad nauseum, if they even are going to have a relationship, like they're teenagers and this is One Tree Hill. I'd prefer David get his act together in multiple ways, like an adult, and then see Mary Margaret decide to be with that David, not the adolescent-type character he is now.

edited for topicness.

Edited by ViciousCircle, May 6, 2012 @ 12:17 PM.

MorninStar

MorninStar

Fanatic

Posted May 6, 2012 @ 11:48 AM

TV shows almost NEVER depict winter/snow. 'That's 70's Show' 'Laverne & Shirley' and 'Happy Day's' were supposedly in Wisconsin & they never showed snow that I can recall.

Edited by MorninStar, May 6, 2012 @ 11:48 AM.

metaphysicist

metaphysicist

Couch Potato

Posted May 7, 2012 @ 11:32 AM

This thread should be renamed "Snow White, Warrior Princess."

The MM/Emma scene in "1-21: Apple Red as Blood" was so convincing as a parent/child "Look What You Have Done" talking to, that I almost expected Mary Margaret to get out her hairbrush and spank Emma.

Spartan Girl

Spartan Girl

Fanatic

Posted May 7, 2012 @ 12:40 PM

This thread should be renamed "Snow White, Warrior Princess."

YES! This was a great episode for Ginnifer. She was kicking so much butt last night; Snow White storming the castle and Mary Margaret calling Emma out on her bullshit.

I also liked how Snow, even though she hadn't known about Daniel's death, pointed out to Regina that she was only a child that made a well-meaning mistake. But I did kind of roll my eyes at the part where she ate the apple to "save" Charming. I was thinking, "What's going to stop Regina from killing him or keeping him prisoner afterward." Still, have to give her props for the "sacrifice," considering that she knew she was about to practically have her soul trapped in her body forever. Couldn't imagine a worse kind of hell.

Minor note: I wonder if there will be an explanation about her change of wardrobe from the warrior outfit to the white feathery dress in the coffin. I really hope the fairies magic her into it, because the thought of anyone dressing her when she's brain dead is kind of creepy.

MorninStar

MorninStar

Fanatic

Posted May 7, 2012 @ 2:36 PM

Ruby & Granny would be there to help out if the Fairies didn't create a gown for her.

Aliasscape

Aliasscape

Fanatic

Posted May 7, 2012 @ 6:27 PM

I'm dragging this over from my episode thread review because it's still really striking to me. I was realizing though it may be time for a Snowing/Dary 'Ship thread as it was a tossup between putting this here or in the Charming thread.

But okay, can we talk about the Charming/Snow physical bond? That he could actually physically feel what was happening to her. It was very 80s Beauty and the Beast series. Catherine and Vincent, he could feel when she was afraid and know where she was to come and rescue her. How long does THAT last? Haha, I need to watch her give birth again and see how he was fairing. And she was holding her gut when she came to the nursery to find him stabbed, we assumed she was in "I just gave birth" pain. But did she fell his stabbing? Or does this only work if one of them has been magically harmed? I wanna know the rules of the bond.

I hope it wasn't just for dramatic effect and totally forgotten after this.

Also I could watch the scene of Snow White and the Evil Queen on the hill with the apple on replay like a thousand times over. Ginnifer is just amazing there. The sympathy she still conveys that Snow has for Regina after all the woman's put her through. Snow was still ready to just forgive the woman for killing her father and move on. And then when Regina brings up Charming, you can practically see Snow's heart in her throat, thinking about him dying. The perfect tone when she says "No" because she can't bear for him to die because of her.

Heh, good thing Snow and Charming weren't there together. Would have been a whole lot of "Let me die for you!" "No, I'm dying for you!" back and forth.

I really loved that Snow took such a bit bite. No hesitant nibble, just fine, I am doing this, knowingly and willingly. No being tricked by an old hag for this Snow.

Edited by Aliasscape, May 7, 2012 @ 6:28 PM.

Spartan Girl

Spartan Girl

Fanatic

Posted May 15, 2012 @ 12:43 PM

I really liked Snow White's few parts in the season finale, particularly the scene after she wakes up and she and Charming are walking arm in arm in the forest. Throughout the obstacles they went through, they never really had time to be a couple, so it was sweet seeing them relaxing and strolling around in the forest.

The proposal itself was cute. I loved Snow White's answer: "What do YOU think?" Her trying on the ring was a nice callback to "Snow Falls." And it was just so kick-ass of her to immediately suggest overthrowing George and Regina. I don't mind that the writers are dragging out the "engagement" a little longer; too many fairy tale characters just skip right to the wedding.

And of course I loved it when David and Mary Margaret remembered everything and reunited. Hopefully this means that all that drama is behind them -- providing the magic doesn't undo everything next season.

Aliasscape

Aliasscape

Fanatic

Posted May 15, 2012 @ 1:26 PM

I've been debating the timeline for awhile. I knew we went from Snow 's coffin wakeup to a wedding but knowing that the Evil Queen had lost her throne, I was like, wait, when did they basically defeat her? Did Charming do it while Snow was unconscious or is it something they had to do prior to their wedding? So when I was starting to realize we'd come full circle by the finale, I thought well maybe next season we'll spend some time on their before wedding adventures.

I was a little disappointed with some of the Snow White/Mary stuff this week for maybe the first time ever. The proposal scene was a bit off to me, I'm trying to tell myself Snow was a tad sleepy post apple curse and all but she just seemed sleepy/subdued in that proposal scene and not very happy. I read later it was Ginny's last scene of the season so maybe that was why she seemed kinda sad and less animated than I expected for Snow White. I also didn't like the flatness of her hair/wig in that scene but that's just a nitpick.

I really liked Mary Margaret going to read to Henry and flipping out when he starts to code. That was really the best scene for her here to me.

That same subdued daze hung over the Snow/Charming Storybrooke reunion for me too. Though I did love their reaction to the giant purple cloud of doom.