Wishful Thinking: What/Whom You Want To See

• Please log in to reply

262 replies to this topic

Spartan Girl

Spartan Girl

Fanatic

Posted Sep 19, 2012 @ 3:06 PM

•Tom Welling for Prince Eric. The resemblance borders on creepy.

I second this!

Vanilla Siren

Vanilla Siren

Fanatic

Posted Oct 1, 2012 @ 1:40 AM

What I want right now is to know who Dr. Whale is. Please show, don't make me wait till mid-season or something like that to find out his true identity!

Also, I would love some characts from non-European/Caucasian mythologies/folklore/fairytales to show up. Mulan is a good start.

DollEyes

DollEyes

Fanatic

Posted Oct 1, 2012 @ 10:43 AM

Since Mulan is now part of the show, I want to see Shang, her instructor/true love on board as well. My suggestions: Harry Shum Jr. from Glee and Ian Anthony Dale from The Event and Hawaii Five-0.

Jeebus Cripes

Jeebus Cripes

Fanatic

Posted Oct 5, 2012 @ 1:22 AM

Tom Welling for Prince Eric. The resemblance borders on creepy.

True, but nowhere near as creepy as one Matt Bomer

I'd really like some characters from One Thousand and One Arabian Nights. I know they'll inevitably do Aladdin, but Sinbad or Alibaba would be cool as hell.

Since Mulan is now part of the show, I want to see Shang, her instructor/true love on board as well. My suggestions: Harry Shum Jr. from Glee and Ian Anthony Dale from The Event and Hawaii Five-0.

Ian Anthony Dale for the win!

Edited by Jeebus Cripes, Oct 5, 2012 @ 1:24 AM.

kcblue86

kcblue86

Fanatic

Posted Oct 9, 2012 @ 4:55 PM

I would love to see a book in the Enchanted Forest that's based on something true in our world. So far we've only seen the story connection go the other way, but Jefferson seemed to imply that all stories come from inspiration based on an alternate reality. Preferably, I'd like to see this with Belle involved since she's a bookworm in the movie, and I remember "Beauty" by Robin McKinley having the library of books including every book every written, future and past.

Camera One

Camera One

Fanatic

Posted Oct 20, 2012 @ 3:31 PM

In the final episode, Aslan leads them into the real FairyTale Land where all the people they lost are alive and happy (eg. Charming's mother, Peter, Prince Philip, Graham, Daniel, Cinder's Fairy Godmother, Stealthy, Snow's father and mother, etc.)

Asteria

Asteria

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 25, 2012 @ 6:03 PM

I think The Lion King could work well: Simba as the exiled heir to another kingdom, Timon and Pumbaa as his new allies, and Nala on a quest to bring him home.

Also, since Lancelot made an appearance, I'd like to see more Arthurian legend. Let's see OUATs Camelot and the circumstances of Lancelot's exile.

Vanilla Siren

Vanilla Siren

Fanatic

Posted Oct 26, 2012 @ 12:15 PM

I am kind of wanting "The Shadow Man" aka "Dr. Facilier" from The Princess and the Frog to show up. He was the best damn Disney villian in a long time, incredibly charismatic, and I think he could be a great new big bad. The problem though, is that I kind of want Keith David to play him (who did his voice in the movie, because that man's voice is soooo sexy), but the guy's much broader and stockier than Facilier, who is supposed to be tall and skinny and lanky. So I'm wondering who would fit that body type but could still bring the sexy voice.

Plus, I think this show needs more actors of color, what with the killing of Lancelot and the marginalization of Sydney/Magic Mirror/Genie.

MDKNIGHT

MDKNIGHT

Fanatic

Posted Oct 26, 2012 @ 3:02 PM

I wish they would do a comedy ep for Halloween. Halloween when you remember you are a Fairy Tale character could be awesome. Also I'd like to see kids trying to dare each other to knock on Regina's door.

Jeebus Cripes

Jeebus Cripes

Fanatic

Posted Oct 27, 2012 @ 2:14 AM

I am kind of wanting "The Shadow Man" aka "Dr. Facilier" from The Princess and the Frog to show up. He was the best damn Disney villian in a long time, incredibly charismatic, and I think he could be a great new big bad. The problem though, is that I kind of want Keith David to play him (who did his voice in the movie, because that man's voice is soooo sexy), but the guy's much broader and stockier than Facilier, who is supposed to be tall and skinny and lanky. So I'm wondering who would fit that body type but could still bring the sexy voice.

This would indeed be awesome! I don't really see his body type being much of a problem, being that they are playing fast and loose with these characters anyway.

Anakerie

Anakerie

Fanatic

Posted Oct 29, 2012 @ 4:51 AM

Since they're no longer confining this to fairytales, here's my wishlist: Scar, Winnie the Pooh, Heathcliff (both the cat and the Bronte one, with an special OUAT twist that they're actually the same person), Dagwood and Blondie, Lurch, Randall Flagg, Lestat, the Great Pumpkin, the Grinch, Sam I Am, Madmartigan, Jareth, Dark Helmet, and the oppressed peasant from "Monty Python and the Holy Grail." It would be a thing of pure beauty! Sam I Am running around Granny's trying to force people to eat his green eggs and ham. The Peasant going off on Regina about how the city should be run, Jareth snatching everyone's children...

gaygeeksf

gaygeeksf

Channel Surfer

Posted Oct 31, 2012 @ 9:41 PM

I would to see magic seeking outsiders come to town to try to access the magic.., which could be Wiccans, obsessed Harry Potter fans, New Agers, American Indians, shamans, brujos, neo-pagans, gris-gris men, Taoists, anda group of neo-cargo cultists building a replica Apple store in order to magic up the latest iPads. Of course, with the unpredictability of magic, that last group could wind up with iPads made of actual spam.

Vanilla Siren

Vanilla Siren

Fanatic

Posted Nov 1, 2012 @ 2:02 AM

Since Regina is now having therapy sessions with Archie, and Rumple visited him last season when he thought August might be Bae, and since Rumple might have some Belle-related issues and Bae-angst to sort out now ...

I would like for them, by some chance, to show up to talk with Archie at the same time and watch each of them try to convince the other that they're not not there for therapy, while simultaneously snarking at the other for needing therapy. And awkwardness and hilarity shall ensue!

Edited by Vanilla Siren, Nov 1, 2012 @ 11:54 AM.

Irish64

Irish64

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 1, 2012 @ 10:50 AM

A vortex opens up, either bringing Emma back, Cora on her high riding broom, or just because Rump is itchin' for an order of Fried Unicorn, and Henry falls into it. I will skip the episode of the world stopping because the brat is missing, but I will tune in when he returns through time and space, SORAS'd (so I dont get in trouble soap opera rapid aging syndrom)to his early 20s.

Jeebus Cripes

Jeebus Cripes

Fanatic

Posted Nov 2, 2012 @ 1:15 AM

I'm so with you, Irish64.

Irish64

Irish64

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 2, 2012 @ 10:25 AM

Jeebus Cripes it can't happen soon enough. I know they want to work out the Regina thing, and the return for Emma thing, but after that drop him into a vortex and bring in a good looking guy who can act! The show stops dead in its track when he appears.

Jeebus Cripes

Jeebus Cripes

Fanatic

Posted Nov 3, 2012 @ 3:35 AM

I would happily settle for a kid who can act, but your idea of bringing him back as a hot older guy trumps that exponentially.

DollEyes

DollEyes

Fanatic

Posted Nov 5, 2012 @ 11:58 AM

A vortex opens up, bringing Emma back, Cora riding on her high broom, or just because Rump is itchin' for an order of Fried Unicorn, and Henry falls into it. I will skip the episode of the world stopping because the brat is missing, but I will tune in when he returns through time and space, SORAS'd (so I don't get in trouble soap opera rapid aging syndrom) to his early 20s.

I'm so with you, Irish64.

Jeebus Cripes it can't happen soon enough. I know they want to work out the Regina thing, and the return for Emma thing, but after that drop him into a vortex and bring in a good looking guy who can act! The show stops dead in its track when he appears.

Not for me. Henry's not my favorite character, but at least he hasn't consumed every major storyline this season like Rumplestilskin apparently has. A little less Rumple wouldn't hurt. IMO, this show needs as much innocence as possible without being cloying and Henry fills the bill. As for SORASing his character, I don't think so. That would be far-fetched, even for this show, as far as I'm concerned.

Edited by DollEyes, Nov 5, 2012 @ 12:07 PM.

dangereuse

dangereuse

Just Tuned In

Posted Nov 5, 2012 @ 5:26 PM

Tis the Season.

I can picture a future Thanksgiving dinner with all the in-laws. We have gathered at our table 3 generations, Henry, Grandparents Snow & Charming, Rumpy & Belle, Bae(who turns out to be Henry's Dad) and his new bride -Surprise- a newly reformed Regina who's just out of magic re-hab, and Emma with her new boyfriend - the Huntsman's seperated a bith twin (Hey, if Charming can have twim so can Graham!).Who she met/fell for while out on girl patrol in present day FairyTale.

HowBizarre

HowBizarre

Channel Surfer

Posted Dec 1, 2012 @ 12:41 PM

I'd like to see Peter Pan, but in the grand Mary Martin tradition, have him played by a woman. Plus it would substantially reduce the amount of squick (adult vs. child) that any subsequent Pan/Hook ship that will ensue.

I'd also like (and I know that this is canon but for what's in my head) someone other than Red to take responsibility for Peter's death. Her killing him just doesn't fit the character the way they set her up.

HowBizarre

HowBizarre

Channel Surfer

Posted Dec 1, 2012 @ 12:41 PM

Double post, sorry.

Edited by HowBizarre, Dec 1, 2012 @ 7:03 PM.

legaleagle44

legaleagle44

Stalker

Posted Dec 1, 2012 @ 10:34 PM

I'd also like (and I know that this is canon but for what's in my head) someone other than Red to take responsibility for Peter's death. Her killing him just doesn't fit the character the way they set her up.

How doesn't it fit her character? She was a werewolf who didn't even know she was a werewolf until she had killed Peter, since Granny never bothered to tell her before then. It was only after that that she learned to embrace her werewolf heritage and control her powers -- and even then, it wasn't an easy adjustment for her, as we've seen.

Besides, we saw her kill him, even as he was begging her not to and trying to escape the restraints that she had put on him because she thought that he was the werewolf. I just don't see how anyone else can take responsibility, unless you mean Granny should take full responsibility for Peter's death because she failed to warn Red about the werewolf curse years earlier, when Red first started turning.

Giggling Kat

Giggling Kat

Fanatic

Posted Dec 19, 2012 @ 8:59 PM

Do we think that it's only worlds not based on ours? Because having Sherlock Holmes/Hercule Poirot/Miss Marple meet Rumple might be fun.

Gulliver's Travels and Jules Verne's books - the steampunk classics would be interesting.

But most of all - I would PAY to see Jefferson the Hatter get a visit from the Cat in the Hat.

Fable

Fable

Fanatic

Posted Dec 20, 2012 @ 10:58 PM

But most of all - I would PAY to see Jefferson the Hatter get a visit from the Cat in the Hat

I usually prefer that this show keeps on sticking to fairy tales and maybe a little myth as opposed to going toward other stories, but, yes and yes to the Cat in the Hat. LOL! I kid...well maybe, maybe not!

Actionmage

Actionmage

Fanatic

Posted Apr 28, 2013 @ 9:57 PM

How about a new spinoff? It could be like a reality show set in fairy land. Rumpel and Regina grant wishes to all sorts of little boys and girls, but they always twist those wishes around.

Robert Carlyle could wear a tutu and have a little wand with a star on it. Regina could get a nifty set of fairy wings (and a disgusted look that Rumpy talked her into it).

pennywit in the episode thread for "The Evil Queen" posted this and the first thing I thought was an image of the above as drawn by Jill Thompson, who has drawn and written the Scary Godmother books and created the Lil' Endless from the Sandman comics. I want to see pennywit's idea in her style! It'd be gold! (pun if you want it to be.)

This is a page of Ms. Thompson's art- just click on what you feel like seeing!

eta: I would also like to see Glinda the Good come to Storybrooke and kick Regina's whiney, self-righteous ass- in a glittery pink ball gown and ridculous crown- but in a cool stylish way. I'm over there not being any Good wielders of magic that can kick ass and take names like The Dark One and The Evil Queen and Cora. Just look regina up and down and shake her head. "You make us all look bad. Stop."

Edited by Actionmage, Apr 29, 2013 @ 1:33 AM.

SilverShadow

SilverShadow

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 30, 2013 @ 10:54 AM

After seeing Frozen I'd really love to see some of the characters on Once. Kristen Bell and Jon Groff could easily reprise their roles from the film. For Elsa, I'd love to see Katie McGrath. I think one character from the film is a good candidate for combination with someone we've already seen on Once. Major Frozen spoilers below.

Spoiler

dirtybubble

dirtybubble

Fanatic

Posted Dec 30, 2013 @ 3:40 PM

I wouldn't mind seeing the show move away from Disney based fairtales and maybe move towards other story characters.  You can still keep it fun with characters like Tom Sawyer and Huckleberry Finn!  Or how about Capt. Nemo or Capt. Ahab--someone to give Capt Hook a run for his money.

Camera One

Camera One

Fanatic

Posted Dec 30, 2013 @ 4:42 PM

This would be an alternate ending to "The Miller's Daughter".  Cora is on the ground clutching her chest after her heart was put back in, and Rumple is injured on the bed.  Snow and Blue walks in with the candle and waves it in front of Cora's face.  "Remember this?  You tried to get me to use it?"  Snow then reveals that she exchanged Cora's life for some sick old man in town, so Rumple will die as well.  Then, Snow and Blue mock Rumple and Cora's broken past agreements by doing the "Single Ladies" put a ring on it dance, and Blue turns Regina into a block of wood.  The end.

AppleHat

AppleHat

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 30, 2013 @ 8:13 PM

Please don't kill Hook. My heart couldn't take it. And if they're feeling generous: A puppet episode.

PixiePaws

PixiePaws

Channel Surfer

Posted Jan 4, 2014 @ 9:06 PM

With all the ex-Storeybrookers back I'd like to see the 'fun' in FTL when the caffeine withdrawal kicks in...ogres might want to vacate the area!!!