Once Upon a Time Meet Market

• Please log in to reply

472 replies to this topic

TWoP Tennison

TWoP Tennison

TWoP Moderator

Posted Mar 27, 2014 @ 1:28 PM

With TWoP shutting down, please use the remaining time and this thread to figure out where you'll want to discuss the show after May 31. And everyone be respectful to NBC and the site in your posts, please. Thanks.

Camera One

Camera One

Fanatic

Posted Apr 28, 2012 @ 9:19 PM

I agree that "Once" is one of those shows that can be rewatched. My friend is working overseas, and she visits once every few months, so I have been keeping the episodes and watching a marathon with her when she visits. So I've watched each episode up to and including "Skin Deep" exactly twice. I actually did appreciate the after-winter-break ones more when watched in a row. I like how the episodes actually feel very natural when you watch one after the other, since very little time seems to pass between them. The only episode I've watched more than twice is the pilot... I think I've watched that one five times and it doesn't get old.

CheerAngel

CheerAngel

Fanatic

Posted Apr 28, 2012 @ 9:36 PM

I agree that the first half of the season fits together well one right after another (probably due to the lack of scheduling gaps!). I hooked a friend (a former Lost fanatic who wanted a new show to watch on her night off) and they really do run seamlessly. However, when we were comparing our top 3 episodes, all 3 of hers and 2 of 3 of mine were from the back half (Hat Trick, True North and Skin Deep for her, and Hat Trick, Red Handed and Heart is a Lonely Hunter for me).

On a related note, I bought this on ebay a few weeks ago and its a great read. Well known tales and some more obscure ones too. I'm thinking of dragging out my old vhs copies of Faerie Tale Theatre but I might choke on the dust.

metaphysicist

metaphysicist

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 29, 2012 @ 1:48 AM

I've watched the pilot like a dozen times

When did you first notice the scar on Prince Charming's chin when he kisses Snow White?

ViciousCircle

ViciousCircle

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 29, 2012 @ 12:39 PM

Spoilers are cheesecake to me. I know they aren't good for me, I know that while I'll enjoy them for a few moments, I'll regret devouring them immediately after I've done it, and I can't have just a little, if I start I'm going to completely overeat/watch. So every week I commit to staying away. And every week I watch every preview/sneak peak/interview I can get my hands on the minute I find out about them. Last week I felt like I'd seen almost the entire show by the time I actually watched it because I'd seen so many sneak peaks, and it really kind of ruined it. So this week I REALLY, SERIOUSLY, SUPER-EXTRA committed to staying away from that stuff. I think I made it for an hour after they were posted. Oh well. That's better than I'd do with actual cheesecake, so maybe there's hope for staying spoiler-free next week!

Tzigone

Tzigone

Fanatic

Posted Apr 29, 2012 @ 1:24 PM

Spoilers are cheesecake to me. I know they aren't good for me, I know that while I'll enjoy them for a few moments, I'll regret devouring them immediately after I've done it, and I can't have just a little, if I start I'm going to completely overeat/watch. So every week I commit to staying away. And every week I watch every preview/sneak peak/interview I can get my hands on the minute I find out about them.

I'm a little different. I don't care about interviews at all. Really don't. For one thing, I don't like being told what the character is thinking/feeling/motivated by: I like to decide that based on what's on-screen. Also, only what's on-screen really counts - I'm a continuity-conscious person, so if I don't read the interviews, then I won't be disappointed later when they decide to do something different. Also, I don't think you should have to read the interviews to know what's going on, understand the character motivations, etc. - if you do, it's a weakness in the show (though I haven't had this problem in this show). No temptation there.

But I do have to check IMDB and tv.com for the synopsis and character list. I wish I didn't do that, because sometimes there are big spoilers there. But I just cannot resist. Graham's death was spoiled for me that way.

The sneak peeks drive me batty - so much harder to resist than the posts labeled "spoilers." I don't usually watch them all, but I never resist them all. I thought maybe I'd just watch the Enchanted Forest ones, and not the Storybrooke ones, but that didn't hold up. This week I watched #1 muted then watched one other one (#5, I think) muted part of the time and with volume part of the time.

But the wiki is a weakness of mine. There's discussion there. So I sometimes keep the "recent activity" window open and refresh ever so often. But there will be spoilers there that I can't help but see. Then there was ouat blog. But there's a forum associated. Has a separate spoilers section, but I guess the most recent few threads show at the top of the front page, and one of the thread titles had a huge spoiler that I'd have much rather not known. Same spoiler I've seen three places - none of those was intentional on my part.

Also, I sometimes feel like I might sound like an idiot whenever I debate someone whose user name I see on spoiler threads - I'm could be arguing from a position of ignorance, and that's always daunting.

The worst, though, is summer break - with no new episodes to discuss, I'm far more likely to look at spoilers, just for new material.

Aliasscape

Aliasscape

Fanatic

Posted Apr 29, 2012 @ 6:54 PM

When did you first notice the scar on Prince Charming's chin when he kisses Snow White?

You know I'm not sure I've ever really seen that scar. Even in it's supposedly "featured" episode I never really saw it except when he was bleeding. I've wondered if it's a coloring issue on my TV. (Or maybe I just spend all close ups on Josh Dallas just staring into his eyes.) But in general I also don't spend my rewatches looking for visual or background details. Like I'm not one of the people trying to see every nook and cranny of Gold's Shop. I looked at Emma's door and then I paused and read the text in Henry's book. Once I saw that the book only had text of two stories in it (well and a tiny bit of narration of Snow Falls events) I kinda lost interest in the props and I really haven't spent much time noting the regulars at Granny's Diner either. My rewatches are much more about the dialogue (some are done with close caption on.) and enjoying the facial expressions of the main cast.

Heh, ya'll and the sneak peeks. I hate going to an article that has one in it especially if the "still" picture shows so I see that one still of a scene. I just can't imagine ever watching one. I love interviews and behind the scenes because I love the creative process and have in the past found that information the writers/actors/director wanted in just ended up on the cutting room floor for time. With a whopping 18 mins of commercials per hour now I'm pretty forgiving of that. Actor information tends to be the most "useless" for canon purposes.

I hate when advance information I've been accidentally spoiled on wrecks my ability to wade into a good debate on a certain subject.

Mad Rhymes

Mad Rhymes

Channel Surfer

Posted May 1, 2012 @ 11:45 AM

You know I never started watching spoilers until I stumbled upon this site, and it was specifically in looking for information about this show. I was looking over the ABC.com site and they started a thread that discussed all the little things that people tend to miss in a first watch (ex. Grumpy whistling while Emma is in jail, wallpaper in Regina's house, etc.). I was so excited by the intent behind all the little things in the scenes that I didn't want to miss anything for fear of missing the larger picture. This site has been great for finding all the missing links but sad to say I have been sucked into the spoiler vortex, it seems like I can't get enough of the sneak peaks and casting info.

I do think I will keep myself away from the finale spoilers, I want to be surprised throughout that entire episode so I'm going to put my best effort forward to not watch anything. And I definitely plan on watching old epidodes to make it thru the summer- I have DVR'd all the episodes thus far but I'm dying to buy the DVD's and see missing scenes.

Tzigone

Tzigone

Fanatic

Posted May 1, 2012 @ 11:49 AM

Does anyone know when the DVDs will come out? I have other shows to record, and my DVR is almost full.

Summer is, as I said, my weakest moment for spoilers. With no new episodes to discuss, I need new material.

Aliasscape

Aliasscape

Fanatic

Posted May 1, 2012 @ 1:06 PM

The DVDs are tentatively scheduled to be released on August 28th.

CheerAngel

CheerAngel

Fanatic

Posted May 1, 2012 @ 4:56 PM

They have the cover art up already too.

Medieval Girl

Medieval Girl

Loyal Viewer

Posted May 5, 2012 @ 10:05 AM

Since I've mentioned in a couple threads how this show presses all my parenting buttons I thought I'd mention that my baby was born on the 2nd. He arrived really fast and we didn't make it out the door. Not enough time to get a wardrobe finished for us either. ;)

Tzigone

Tzigone

Fanatic

Posted May 5, 2012 @ 11:46 AM

Congratulations!

Aliasscape

Aliasscape

Fanatic

Posted May 5, 2012 @ 12:45 PM

Congratulations! So a surprise home birth? (I hear major plus, the hospital can't charge for you the delivery. Haha.) Any chance you can share his name as you were so debating it before?

MorninStar

MorninStar

Fanatic

Posted May 5, 2012 @ 1:40 PM

Congratulations!! I hope mother & baby are healthy and everything is well!

Happy Mothering Medieval Girl!

Dani-Ellie

Dani-Ellie

Fanatic

Posted May 5, 2012 @ 9:50 PM

Congratulations!

Medieval Girl

Medieval Girl

Loyal Viewer

Posted May 6, 2012 @ 7:39 PM

His name is William. We are doing well. I just hope I'm awake for the episode this evening.

Aliasscape

Aliasscape

Fanatic

Posted May 6, 2012 @ 9:05 PM

Still quite princely Medieval girl. I was just laughing about how your screenname and how your birth relates.

Snapple12

Snapple12

Video Archivist

Posted May 7, 2012 @ 12:27 AM

Congrats Medieval Girl!

Aliasscape

Aliasscape

Fanatic

Posted May 7, 2012 @ 2:20 AM

So I watched the promo for episode 1x21 only AFTER watching the episode. I may never watch promos again. Can't believe all the stuff that was in that promo. I thought it'd be a big shrug and not make any difference but nope. I'm glad I hadn't seen almost any of that stuff. I haven't watched the finale promo and I think I am now even more resolved not to. Can't wait for the finale but I don't want to see a single frame prior to the episode.

Miss Muffet

Miss Muffet

Couch Potato

Posted May 12, 2012 @ 6:54 AM

Best wishes, Medieval Girl! I hope you and young William are doing well!

hitchhiker42

hitchhiker42

Channel Surfer

Posted May 13, 2012 @ 11:38 AM

Congratulations Medieval Girl. :)

TJ track99

TJ track99

Fanatic

Posted Jun 6, 2012 @ 4:19 PM

Hey guys! If you're interested in playing a round of the game Mafia, starring characters from Glee with Once Upon A Time-style fairy tale secondary identities as playable characters, head on over to the TWoP Mafia thread in The Rec Room.

Cindy McLennan

Cindy McLennan

Network Executive

Posted Dec 19, 2013 @ 10:10 PM

Hey, people, we've resurrected this thread.

What is up for your Christmas/other stuff you do?

AppleHat

AppleHat

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 19, 2013 @ 10:37 PM

Hey! Going on a road trip with my hubs and pet rabbit.

daxx04

daxx04

Video Archivist

Posted Dec 19, 2013 @ 10:40 PM

Baking cookies, wrapping presents, reading ridiculous amounts of CS fanfiction. :)

InsertWordHere

InsertWordHere

Fanatic

Posted Dec 19, 2013 @ 10:41 PM

I'm baking lots of cookies!

reading ridiculous amounts of CS fanfiction. :)

Me too! I think I've actually run out. I'm waiting for some nice multi-chaptered fics post "Going Home."

What are your favorites? I really like Lieutenant Duckling AUs (and that is the cutest name ever!), but only when it's with our "canon" young Emma and not Princess Emma from the Enchanted Forest.

Edited by InsertWordHere, Dec 19, 2013 @ 10:45 PM.

Cindy McLennan

Cindy McLennan

Network Executive

Posted Dec 19, 2013 @ 10:42 PM

I'm just mostly stressing out. How will you be spending the holiday?

caitlin claire

caitlin claire

Fanatic

Posted Dec 19, 2013 @ 10:56 PM

My roommate and I are going to sit at home with a fire in the fire place and romcoms on the TV.  This is my first Christmas away from home (moved 900 miles back in Aug).  There won't be much in the way of presents, since I'm unemployed and have been for two months and am about to run out of money to pay bills and oops there goes that panic again.  Right, romcoms.  Focus on the romcoms. 

WalkSoftly

WalkSoftly

Fanatic

Posted Dec 19, 2013 @ 11:00 PM

I'm just mostly stressing out. How will you be spending the holiday?

Bahahahahaahhaaa!  There seems to be a lot of this going around.

Panic about not getting everything done followed by soothing myself chatting on forums for hours seems to be my strategy.

I'm supposed to be baking cookies. And making a gingerbread smial (hobbit house).

caitlin claire sorry to hear that. I hope you find a job soon.

Dani-Ellie

Dani-Ellie

Fanatic

Posted Dec 19, 2013 @ 11:16 PM

We have Christmas Eve at my aunt's house, and this year we're doing a luau Christmas. My grandmother started the theme thing one year when she said we should all just wear pajamas to Christmas Eve, and it has since spiraled a bit out of control. I have me a grass skirt and a purple lei and a purple flowered headband.

Which, you know, goes oh so well the with snow on the ground out here, haha.

Sending good thoughts your way, caitlin Claire.