The Cast In Other Lands—Oops, Roles

• Please log in to reply

168 replies to this topic

metaphysicist

metaphysicist

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 27, 2012 @ 3:44 AM

For fans of Jennifer Morrison on House, she will be in the show's Finale.

See if this link works: http://www.youtube.c...player_embedded

Dr. Alison Cameron is back.

They should have her walk into the hospital with a Red leather jacket, jeans and knee high boots.

She might have another go with Dr. Chase.

I don't think the timing is right for Chase to be Henry's father.

Edited by metaphysicist, Apr 27, 2012 @ 3:49 AM.

Miss Muffet

Miss Muffet

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 27, 2012 @ 7:25 AM

Haha, metaphysicist! Too funny!

I saw a pic of Jennifer recently and her hair was reddish-brown. I had a feeling it was for this, plus she wasn't filming for OUAT until July.

Hmmm, I didn't have a problem with the other link.

Aliasscape

Aliasscape

Fanatic

Posted Apr 27, 2012 @ 1:49 PM

The reddish hair is supposed to be the for the movie she is making this summer "Some Girls".

I have never seen her on House but I'm glad she gets to go back for the finale. It sounded like she was written out of that show before she was ready and in earlier "Once" interviews everyone kept asking her if she'd go back for a grand finale and she was like "I'd love to but no one's called me." And she sounded really disappointed.

Nice that ABC and Fox were able to work it out so she could.

metaphysicist

metaphysicist

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 28, 2012 @ 12:04 PM

It sounded like she was written out of that show before she was ready and in earlier "Once" interviews everyone kept asking her if she'd go back for a grand finale and she was like "I'd love to but no one's called me." And she sounded really disappointed.

She signed up to do a play on Broadway. It was a remake of The Miracle Worker, and her part was Helen Keller's mother. I don't think the revival was successful. I had thought Morrison left House to do the play, but maybe it was the other way around. Cameron seemed to be a favorite character of the fans. The off set complications with costar Jesse Spencer (Dr. Chase) might have been involved, as well.

Morrison's "slot" as the female contributor to House's team was picked up by Dr. Remy Hadley, whose name was unknown to the viewers for quite some time, as House always referred to her as "Thirteen," her number in the big "lottery" House used to select his new team in the fourth season. She was played by Olivia Wilde, who put on a number of outstanding performances in the part.

bella1013

bella1013

Fanatic

Posted Apr 28, 2012 @ 2:42 PM

I wasn't a huge fan of Cameron (especially near the end of her run), but I am strangely pleased that she and the character who killed himself are returning. The romance probably played a part in her leaving, but I always got the impression that they had done everything with the character. And that it was a mutual decision.

bigredcat7

bigredcat7

Fanatic

Posted Apr 29, 2012 @ 11:00 AM

I don't think it was a mutual decision. She has said numerous times over the years that the writers just decided to go a different direction and she would be happy to return. I was never fond of Cameron or 13 myself. I don't think they really had a choice but to bring her back for a cameo -- she must have mentioned or been asked a hundred times if she was returning for the finale. It would have been very conspicuous if they hadn't brought her back.

metaphysicist

metaphysicist

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 29, 2012 @ 11:03 AM

I was never fond of Cameron or 13 myself.

They didn't hurt the visuals at least.

Fable

Fable

Fanatic

Posted Apr 29, 2012 @ 8:55 PM

I wasn't a huge fan of Cameron (especially near the end of her run)

I was never a fan of Cameron, but I enjoyed not liking her, if that makes any sense. I was very disappointed when she was written off the show. This is the first season I haven't watched House since it began airing, but I'll probably tune in for the finale now that I know Jennifer will be back.

Edited by Fable, Apr 29, 2012 @ 8:56 PM.

kennyab

kennyab

Couch Potato

Posted May 13, 2012 @ 6:42 PM

Giancarlo Esposito is cast in JJ Abram's new show Revolution, which has been picked up by NBC for the fall schedule.

Edited by kennyab, May 13, 2012 @ 6:42 PM.

metaphysicist

metaphysicist

Couch Potato

Posted May 14, 2012 @ 3:39 PM

I was never a fan of Cameron, but I enjoyed not liking her, if that makes any sense. I was very disappointed when she was written off the show. This is the first season I haven't watched House since it began airing, but I'll probably tune in for the finale now that I know Jennifer will be back.

If Wilson isn't already dead when Cameron shows up, maybe she can cure him with a kiss.

Writing Wrongs

Writing Wrongs

Fanatic

Posted May 16, 2012 @ 10:20 AM

Giancarlo Esposito is cast in JJ Abram's new show Revolution, which has been picked up by NBC for the fall schedule

So does that mean no more Sidney?

Aliasscape

Aliasscape

Fanatic

Posted May 16, 2012 @ 11:56 AM

Well he was locked up beneath Storybrooke anyway. But I think it'd be weird to keep going like we did with the last 2 eps of the season with no one in the magic mirror more than no Sidney. But I guess it depends on the scheduling and what NBC allows. It can't take THAT long to just to the green screenish mirror stuff that he can do independently of any cast members.

I wonder where Revolution films? Is it in Canada?

Fable

Fable

Fanatic

Posted May 18, 2012 @ 12:30 AM

I hope Sidney is gone. I always hated that character. To me, it was because of the actor, but I can't really say if that was a deliberate choice on the actor's part, but I thought his presence was dull and wooden.

metaphysicist

metaphysicist

Couch Potato

Posted May 18, 2012 @ 4:44 AM

Amy Acker just did "Person of Interest" where she plays both her naive, not quite clued in, persona, as well as her evil villain part. It's a cliffhanger, so she'll be back for the season 2 opener. Since she did Grimm earlier in the year, she hit three top new shows this year.

CheerAngel

CheerAngel

Fanatic

Posted May 18, 2012 @ 3:38 PM

Giancarlo Esposito was on Community last night, playing Pierce's half brother.

shapeshifter

shapeshifter

Fanatic

Posted May 21, 2012 @ 11:48 PM

Bailee Madison (young Snow White) was just on Jay Leno. She was wonderful. Full of focused energy. They showed a clip of her in Cowgirls 'n' Angels and mentioned Smart Cookies. I was particularly happy for her because her personality was so potentially overpowering that I could imagine her being ostracized by other kids if she wasn't an actress or busy in some other way.

Aliasscape

Aliasscape

Fanatic

Posted May 21, 2012 @ 11:55 PM

I liked that Bailee mentioned she was so happy she got to be on her favorite show "Once Upon a Time" as little Snow and kept her tooth glued in because "Snow White couldn't have missing teeth." Haha. I had seen her prior to Once and was used to her being so bubbly I was surprised she was able to dial it back so well to be Snow.

Irish64

Irish64

Couch Potato

Posted May 22, 2012 @ 12:26 PM

I was surprised she was able to dial it back so well to be Snow.

Nothing against the kid but that was dialing it back??? She was like Lil' Snow found where all the sugar was and ate it all up!

Aliasscape

Aliasscape

Fanatic

Posted May 22, 2012 @ 2:39 PM

Well she didn't seem anywhere near as bubbly while portraying Snow White as she did in the interview to me?

Vega01

Vega01

Couch Potato

Posted May 22, 2012 @ 5:46 PM

I didn't find her too bubly as Snow White either. I actually thought she was pretty calm and did an excellent job channeling Ginny's mannerisms.

shapeshifter

shapeshifter

Fanatic

Posted May 22, 2012 @ 10:59 PM

I didn't find her too bubly as Snow White either. I actually thought she was pretty calm and did an excellent job channeling Ginny's mannerisms.

I thought it was uncanny they way she did that. I wish during the interview she would have shared how she prepared for her role as Snow--like, did she watch all the episodes already completed, and, if so, how many times? But, of course, as a tween, it's understandable why she'd rather talk about the drama of losing a tooth--at least it is to me, having had 3 daughters. Anyway, I thought she was adorable both in OUAT and on Letterman.

ETA: IMO, if the show people are smart, they will cast her again as Snow the young tween/teen.

Also: Yesterday I saw Eion Bailey in a rerun of Cold Case. I felt so sad when his character was shot, not so much because of who he was as the Cold Case character, but because it was like they frickin shot Pinocchio!

Edited by shapeshifter, May 22, 2012 @ 11:19 PM.

Aliasscape

Aliasscape

Fanatic

Posted May 22, 2012 @ 11:30 PM

I'm pretty sure she did watch all the episodes because she said she was a HUGE fan of Once already. She had tweeted about the part when she got it I believe, that she was excited to be on her favorite show and that it was a dream come true. Then she tweeted Ginnifer Goodwin after the episode aired that she watched her scenes like 100 times because she didn't want to "let her down".

I really do hope we get a future episode where after the wedding to Leopold young Snow starts to get some inklings that something's off. Maybe in an episode where we find out how Regina learned magic.

notwisconsin

notwisconsin

Couch Potato

Posted May 31, 2012 @ 7:46 PM

considering that the show is based on the Disney version of Fairy Tales, and the name of the thread is "The Cast in other lands..." well, here's the definitive version of Disney's Little Red Riding Hood It was probably one of the best things Disney TV animation ever did.

Dani-Ellie

Dani-Ellie

Fanatic

Posted May 31, 2012 @ 7:55 PM

I'm watching an old episode of Cold Case right now, and Regina's Daniel is in it, playing another Daniel. I'm rather amused.

MsCaitlin

MsCaitlin

Loyal Viewer

Posted May 31, 2012 @ 9:50 PM

considering that the show is based on the Disney version of Fairy Tales, and the name of the thread is "The Cast in other lands..." well, here's the definitive version of Disney's Little Red Riding Hood It was probably one of the best things Disney TV animation ever did.

am I crazy, or is that the voice of Kramer from Seinfeld?

MorninStar

MorninStar

Fanatic

Posted May 31, 2012 @ 10:10 PM

The narrator is Garrison Keillor, the Wolf is Michael Richards (yes, Kramer).. and the wife (Doris) is MIA FARROW!! The Boss (Pig) is Don Rickles.. the Woodman is Fabio and the Fox is Adam West! That's quite a cast.

Edited by MorninStar, May 31, 2012 @ 10:13 PM.

Aliasscape

Aliasscape

Fanatic

Posted Jun 11, 2012 @ 11:26 PM

Looks like Tony Amendola has a recurring role in Canadian scifi series "Continuum."

Mars477

Mars477

Fanatic

Posted Jun 12, 2012 @ 12:53 PM

Jessy Schram (Cinderella/Ashley Boyd) previously put in a fantastic performance as the dark haired Rachel Seybolt, Charlie Crews' goddaughter and the sole survivor of the attack which killed her entire family, in the late lamented Life (I will always have a place in my heart for that show and its cast, although sadly Sarah Shahi's new show Fairly Legal is testing that somewhat).

She also can be found as Karen Nadler on the rather middling sci-fi/post-apocalyptic series Falling Skies. Otherwise known as the hot blonde resistance fighter who doesn't spend half of the show's Costumes budget on hair product, or the hero's son's girlfriend, Karen seems to be much like Ashley Boyd would if she wasn't 9 months pregnant, carried around a UMP9 submachine gun and a semiautomatic pistol strapped to her thigh on a regular basis, and was one of the few human survivors of an alien invasion.

kennyab

kennyab

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 12, 2012 @ 2:43 PM

Josh Dallas won't be reprising his role as Fandral in Thor 2 due to the show. Zachary Levi of Chuck fame, who was originally supposed to play Fandral, will be taking up the part.

Aliasscape

Aliasscape

Fanatic

Posted Aug 19, 2012 @ 2:00 PM

Hallmark Channel's latest original movie is "Smart Cookies". It stars Bailee Madison (little Snow) and her dad oddly enough is played by the guy who played Hodor, the "Kiss my Boot" guy.