Spoilers and Spoilery Discussion: The apple was poisoned?!

• Please log in to reply

12856 replies to this topic

TWoP Tennison

TWoP Tennison

TWoP Moderator

Posted Feb 18, 2014 @ 8:35 PM

Moderator Note: READ ME

Do not use initials for names, places or episode titles. This is confusing to new posters. Spell them out. It's Enchanted Forest, not EF, for example.

Do not copy and paste articles from other sites. Post a link and a small excerpt.

Don't post only to "squee" or "boo" over a new spoiler, or to thank a helpful poster, or to just say "me, too!" Add something to the discussion. It's fine to say "I love/hate this spoiler!" but that shouldn't be the entire sum of your post. If you have nothing substantive to add to the discussion, then wait to post until you do.

Edited by TWoP Tennison, Feb 18, 2014 @ 8:37 PM.

kennyab

kennyab

Couch Potato

Posted May 7, 2012 @ 2:23 PM

Edit: And the full-sized photos are out!

Ooh, Blue Fairy's at the hospital! It can't just be for emotional support.

ChelleNic

ChelleNic

Channel Surfer

Posted May 7, 2012 @ 3:00 PM

Ooh, Blue Fairy's at the hospital! It can't just be for emotional support.

I don't think it is either. The Blue Fairy most definitely has a bigger stake and agenda in this curse that we or Regina and Gold even knows about. Hmm now what could it be?

Edited by ChelleNic, May 7, 2012 @ 3:02 PM.

Miss Muffet

Miss Muffet

Couch Potato

Posted May 7, 2012 @ 3:05 PM

I wish they would make this episode a 2 hour finale. I noticed that Billy will be in this episode, I wonder when we will get his counterpart answered or even Dr Whale, although I think they said his will be answered next season.

MorninStar

MorninStar

Fanatic

Posted May 7, 2012 @ 3:17 PM

I am wondering if Regina will not even risk kissing Henry out of fear that it wouldn't awaken him; verifying that she does not have enough love to awaken him from her own spell.

jillypups

jillypups

Loyal Viewer

Posted May 7, 2012 @ 3:19 PM

I'm a little concerned that we see Emma kissing Henry. If it was the moment that wakens him, why would they release it so soon? Because that's what I want to happen: Emma kisses Henry's forehead and he comes to, and she then believes in the curse.

I noticed that Billy will be in this episode, I wonder when we will get his counterpart answered

I thought it was already shown that he's the father of Hansel and Gretel?

Miss Muffet

Miss Muffet

Couch Potato

Posted May 7, 2012 @ 3:25 PM

No, Billy is a tow truck driver and friend of Ruby's. Not the mechanic Michael/woodcutter that is Hansel & Gretal's Dad.

oldandnewfirm

oldandnewfirm

Couch Potato

Posted May 7, 2012 @ 3:26 PM

I thought it was already shown that he's the father of Hansel and Gretel?

Billy is a black guy who seems to be a friend of Ruby's; he's another mechanic at the shop that Hansel and Gretel's father works at.

Edit: my fuzzy recollection is that the mechanic's shop owns the tow truck Billy operates, but it could be a separate company. Storybrooke is such a small town, though, that I doubt it.

Edited by oldandnewfirm, May 7, 2012 @ 3:27 PM.

Cardie

Cardie

Fanatic

Posted May 7, 2012 @ 3:29 PM

I don't think a kiss will awaken Henry. Emma's truly believing in the book and the curse will probably be necessary. It's sort of like Tinker Bell coming back to life when all the children clap their hands to show they believe in fairies.

jillypups

jillypups

Loyal Viewer

Posted May 7, 2012 @ 3:37 PM

Billy is a black guy who seems to be a friend of Ruby's; he's another mechanic at the shop that Hansel and Gretel's father works at.

OHHHHH, ok. I read the OUAT wiki quote without clicking the link and it just said mechanic so I assumed. That's interesting! I wonder who he'll be.

Have the writers ever talked about bringing in Sleeping Beauty or Rapunzel?

Gin and Tonic

Gin and Tonic

Couch Potato

Posted May 7, 2012 @ 4:21 PM

Is it me, or do Whale and Regina look wind blown in one of those pictures? It could be because they're running up to the bed, or because Emma kisses Henry and we get that magical force that emanates outward. The book is out on the table too, so it may be after Emma picks it up and has whatever reaction she appears to have in the preview. Maybe Henry wakes up from the sleeping kiss relatively early and the rest of the episode revolves around Emma confronting Regina regarding the dark curse.

LisaJ

LisaJ

Fanatic

Posted May 7, 2012 @ 4:35 PM

Is it me, or do Whale and Regina look wind blown in one of those pictures? It could be because they're running up to the bed, or because Emma kisses Henry and we get that magical force that emanates outward.

They do seem wind blown. From that picture and from the promo scene of MM and David staring at something, I wonder if maybe the season will end with the enchanted forest surging up after the curse is broken.

Betsypaige1

Betsypaige1

Video Archivist

Posted May 7, 2012 @ 4:41 PM

Based on the press release, the finale doesn't sound mindblowing like the writers and EP want us to believe, but of course not much is going to be revealed in any media notes, so I'm not surprised. I also wish it were a 2 hour finale because I don't see how they can cram in everything they need to cram in (and execute it well) in order to make it a game-changing finale that leaves Storybrooke changed forever (which is what we are being promised). We're also being promised that this will make season 2 almost a completely different show from season 1, which means that season 1 should end with the characters finding out the truth. That's the only thing that will make for a mind-blowing, series-altering finale.

If Belle is in it for just a few minutes, I won't be happy; I miss her a lot.

Gin and Tonic

Gin and Tonic

Couch Potato

Posted May 7, 2012 @ 8:41 PM

Here's another link to the promo photos. There are two more here that I didn't see in the link oldandnewfirm posted. Emma runs into August's hotel room and looks horrified. Either he's dead (don't you dare, writers! Graham was enough for one season, dammit!) or Emma can see the transformation. Not really surprising given the preview. It was clear August was in a bad shape and bedridden. You can see his little Pinocchio hat in the background.

rowanswhimsy

rowanswhimsy

Video Archivist

Posted May 7, 2012 @ 8:45 PM

There must be something substantively different about Living!Emma breaking the curse and Dead!Emma breaking the curse. Otherwise, why wouldn't Mr. Gold just kill Emma himself? It seems likely the he needs to have the curse broken so that he can leave to find Bae.

Unless he thinks that eventually Bae will be drawn to Storybrooke and he needs Emma functioning long enough to make that happen.

Or he needs Emma to get them back to the Fairytale Land once he's found Bae.

I love this show.

Jonah5

Jonah5

Video Archivist

Posted May 7, 2012 @ 10:16 PM

Someone clear me up. Rumple created the curse but included the loophole of Snow and Charming's child being the savior. However, transporting Emma through the wardrobe to save the "savior" was the blue fairy's idea. Would Emma still be the savior if she hadn't made it through? During the pilot it seemed like the Queen's men had no problem killing Charming and the baby he was holding. Did Regina know killing their daughter then would jeopardize the curse? Doesn't seem like it. And Rumple and Regina couldn't have talked about it afterwards because it was only a few episodes ago that he came clean about remembering. Were the blue fairy and Rumple working together? Unlikely also.

I'm thinking this: If the savior is killed then the curse is broken right where everyone is. They remain in Storybrooke but their memories and free will are restored. But if Emma breaks the curse alive perhaps they are all transported back to the Enchanted Forest and, most importantly, at a time far earlier than the curse was initiated thus reuniting Rumple with Bae and/or Belle. Jefferson's little trick with the hat and apple shows that world jumping doesn't just involve space but time as well.

Edited by Jonah5, May 7, 2012 @ 10:17 PM.

oldandnewfirm

oldandnewfirm

Couch Potato

Posted May 7, 2012 @ 10:36 PM

I'm thinking this: If the savior is killed then the curse is broken right where everyone is. They remain in Storybrooke but their memories and free will are restored. But if Emma breaks the curse alive perhaps they are all transported back to the Enchanted Forest and, most importantly, at a time far earlier than the curse was initiated thus reuniting Rumple with Bae and/or Belle. Jefferson's little trick with the hat and apple shows that world jumping doesn't just involve space but time as well.

I'm thinking it's the opposite, actually. Killing Emma will result in everyone automatically being returned to the Enchanted Forest, free will and memories intact, whereas Emma's breaking the curse will allow everyone to remain in Storybrooke (also with free will/memories intact). Gold wants to stay in our world, both to find Bae and to have a second chance at keeping the promise he broke so long ago: that if Bae ever discovered a way for his father to lose his powers without dying, Rumple would do so willingly. Returning to the Enchanted Forest wouldn't solve the latter problem: Rumple would still have his power, he still wouldn't have Belle, and short of building the curse all over again there'd be no way for he and Bae to return to our world where they can live without magic.

Betsypaige1

Betsypaige1

Video Archivist

Posted May 7, 2012 @ 10:46 PM

I'm thinking it's the opposite, actually. Killing Emma will result in everyone automatically being returned to the Enchanted Forest, free will and memories intact, whereas Emma's breaking the curse will allow everyone to remain in Storybrooke (also with free will/memories intact). Gold wants to stay in our world, both to find Bae and to have a second chance at keeping the promise he broke so long ago: that if Bae ever discovered a way for his father to lose his powers without dying, Rumple would do so willingly. Returning to the Enchanted Forest wouldn't solve the latter problem: Rumple would still have his power, he still wouldn't have Belle, and short of building the curse all over again there'd be no way for he and Bae to return to our world where they can live without magic.

I really hope this is not the case. First of all, IMO, once the curse is broken, there is no need for Storybrooke to exist as it was created by Regina/the curse. More importantly, if I'm a citizen/character, I don't WANT to stay in Storybrooke; I want to go back to my real life, my real home. I don't want to stay in this town. There has to be a way for Rumple to give up his power in the realm where he belongs without dying; who's to say they won't find it? That would mean a lot more than taking the easy way out and staying in Storybrooke because it's the only way to lose his powers. As to Belle, asking her to choose between Gold/Rumple and her father/kingdom would be an impossible one (assuming people had the choice of whether they wanted to go back or not).

Cardie

Cardie

Fanatic

Posted May 7, 2012 @ 10:59 PM

I think Rumple knew that it would be hard to keep Regina from killing Emma before she did her curse-breaking so he put in a fail-safe that prevented Regina (and only Regina) from killing her. Emma dying of natural causes or being killed by anyone else would mean the curse is here to stay.

It's probably not possible to completely customize your backdoors and have the curse still remain effective. Rumple/Gold, I believe, trusted his own abilities to get Emma to Storybrooke and manipulate her into breaking the curse. He just needed to keep her from becoming Regina's victim in the mean time.

oldandnewfirm

oldandnewfirm

Couch Potato

Posted May 7, 2012 @ 11:13 PM

I really hope this is not the case. First of all, IMO, once the curse is broken, there is no need for Storybrooke to exist as it was created by Regina/the curse. More importantly, if I'm a citizen/character, I don't WANT to stay in Storybrooke; I want to go back to my real life, my real home. I don't want to stay in this town. There has to be a way for Rumple to give up his power in the realm where he belongs without dying; who's to say they won't find it? That would mean a lot more than taking the easy way out and staying in Storybrooke because it's the only way to lose his powers. As to Belle, asking her to choose between Gold/Rumple and her father/kingdom would be an impossible one (assuming people had the choice of whether they wanted to go back or not).

I'd like Storybrooke to stay because I think all of its residents should have a choice-- stay in our world, or return to the Enchanted Lands? Not everyone in Storybrooke was a prince or princess; I guarantee you that there are people in Storybrooke who back in the Lands were servants, slaves, or who were doomed to lives of poverty because their low station and lack of education allowed them nothing else. I'm sure that they and many others would decide that they and their families have a much better chance at living a happy, healthy life in our world than they did back in the Lands. I think they, and everyone in town, should have a right to choose their own fate, especially since they've spent the last twenty-eight years with their fates being guided by someone else.

Edited by oldandnewfirm, May 7, 2012 @ 11:13 PM.

Summa

Summa

Video Archivist

Posted May 8, 2012 @ 3:53 AM

From the pictures, it looks as if it is what we were thinking - Emma kisses Henry, and either he wakes up or the curse is broken. It also looks like August might be completely wood, but I really hope they don't make him as creepy looking as his grandparents.

stuffy

stuffy

Couch Potato

Posted May 8, 2012 @ 6:45 AM

Maybe they're going a little bit different way, and it's Emma's tears instead of a kiss. She was crying over him in the preview.

Betsypaige1

Betsypaige1

Video Archivist

Posted May 8, 2012 @ 7:40 AM

I'd like Storybrooke to stay because I think all of its residents should have a choice-- stay in our world, or return to the Enchanted Lands? Not everyone in Storybrooke was a prince or princess; I guarantee you that there are people in Storybrooke who back in the Lands were servants, slaves, or who were doomed to lives of poverty because their low station and lack of education allowed them nothing else. I'm sure that they and many others would decide that they and their families have a much better chance at living a happy, healthy life in our world than they did back in the Lands. I think they, and everyone in town, should have a right to choose their own fate, especially since they've spent the last twenty-eight years with their fates being guided by someone else.

The characters we're talking about, who Regina cursed, are not slaves or servants.......no, they're not all princes or princesses, but it doesn't mean they weren't happy. I really don't see what would be so great about living in Storybrooke. It's like a small town with no growth; there's nothing going on and, IMO, it's all completely fake because of the curse. If the writers choose to end the series with the characters having a choice, it won't be a deal breaker for me, but I've always wanted and thought that Storybrooke would be destroyed by the ending of the curse. That's why the sheriff dying was no big deal; as the huntsman, he'd still be alive in the fairy tale world.

oldandnewfirm

oldandnewfirm

Couch Potato

Posted May 8, 2012 @ 8:10 AM

The characters we're talking about, who Regina cursed, are not slaves or servants.......no, they're not all princes or princesses, but it doesn't mean they weren't happy. I really don't see what would be so great about living in Storybrooke. It's like a small town with no growth; there's nothing going on and, IMO, it's all completely fake because of the curse. If the writers choose to end the series with the characters having a choice, it won't be a deal breaker for me, but I've always wanted and thought that Storybrooke would be destroyed by the ending of the curse. That's why the sheriff dying was no big deal; as the huntsman, he'd still be alive in the fairy tale world.

The characters we know aren't slaves or servants, but the spell grabbed everyone in their world regardless of station or their relationship (or lack thereof) to Snow White. It's hardly worth it for us to have an episode focusing on the life of Bob the Pig Farmer, Susie the Scullery Maid, or John the Leper, so we'll probably never see any of those characters backstories or Storybrooke lives represented on the show. But, just like our world, I think that Storybrooke is full of plenty of people who are desperate for a change in their circumstances and would see life in our world as a fresh start.

Once the curse is broken, there's no reason for them to stay in Storybrooke specifically if they don't want to. As Mr. Gold confirmed with his "I'm planning a trip," line, they'll be able to leave the boundaries of the town and go anywhere in the world they want. And if that's true, then I also assume that the world will now "see" Storybrooke, and the townspeople will be able to interact with the outside world and develop a real economy, court new residents, build new facilities, etc. They can keep the small town feel (which they might be more comfortable with since that's what most people in the era Enchanted Lands is meant to represent would have known) or they can expand out.

Regarding Sheriff Graham, dead in our world equals dead in the Enchanted Lands too. The characters in Storybrooke aren't duplicates of their Enchanted Lands counterparts; they're the original characters with their minds erased. The Huntsman will appear in Enchanted Lands flashbacks, but he's dead and gone as far as the show's current events are concerned.

stecciem

stecciem

Loyal Viewer

Posted May 8, 2012 @ 9:17 AM

Very psyched that Maleficent will be present for the finale, as well as Belle, and I think it is interesting that "Black Knight #1" and "severe nurse" get mentioned in the press release.

LisaJ

LisaJ

Fanatic

Posted May 8, 2012 @ 12:01 PM

There must be something substantively different about Living!Emma breaking the curse and Dead!Emma breaking the curse. Otherwise, why wouldn't Mr. Gold just kill Emma himself? It seems likely the he needs to have the curse broken so that he can leave to find Bae.

I think Gold doesn't kill Emma because he needs her and knows she will help him in whatever he asks from her because she owns him a favor. Rumple isn't loved in the Enchanted Forest and they are not going to welcome him with open arms once they regain their memories. He might want protection from Emma, so that he won't get locked up again, or he could want something more complex from her. Guess we'll find out..

Gold wants to stay in our world, both to find Bae and to have a second chance at keeping the promise he broke so long ago: that if Bae ever discovered a way for his father to lose his powers without dying, Rumple would do so willingly.

Thing is, who knows if Bae is still alive now? Rumple might never meet him again no matter what he does.

Betsypaige1

Betsypaige1

Video Archivist

Posted May 8, 2012 @ 4:47 PM

The characters we know aren't slaves or servants, but the spell grabbed everyone in their world regardless of station or their relationship (or lack thereof) to Snow White. It's hardly worth it for us to have an episode focusing on the life of Bob the Pig Farmer, Susie the Scullery Maid, or John the Leper, so we'll probably never see any of those characters backstories or Storybrooke lives represented on the show. But, just like our world, I think that Storybrooke is full of plenty of people who are desperate for a change in their circumstances and would see life in our world as a fresh start.

Once the curse is broken, there's no reason for them to stay in Storybrooke specifically if they don't want to. As Mr. Gold confirmed with his "I'm planning a trip," line, they'll be able to leave the boundaries of the town and go anywhere in the world they want. And if that's true, then I also assume that the world will now "see" Storybrooke, and the townspeople will be able to interact with the outside world and develop a real economy, court new residents, build new facilities, etc. They can keep the small town feel (which they might be more comfortable with since that's what most people in the era Enchanted Lands is meant to represent would have known) or they can expand out.

Regarding Sheriff Graham, dead in our world equals dead in the Enchanted Lands too. The characters in Storybrooke aren't duplicates of their Enchanted Lands counterparts; they're the original characters with their minds erased. The Huntsman will appear in Enchanted Lands flashbacks, but he's dead and gone as far as the show's current events are concerned.

**I disagree about the Huntsman. He's alive in Fairy Tale land, which for me is the "real" land.

Do we know that every single fairy tale character was ripped from that world? In any case, I have absolutely no desire to see fairy tale characters travel the world and settle elsewhere in our time. That's boring to me, in addition to it being a sad thing. We see in Fairy Tale land that Snow and Red are friends; undoubtedly there are other connections between characters. I'd hate to see them all dispersed, never to see each other again. That's not a happy ending, well not for me anyway. I also don't want the real world to see them. The real world will be like Emma - disbelieving. Then, even if they get proof, with the way that human beings are, I can see pressure for Snow White to write a tell-all or for Belle to reveal intimate details of her personal relationship with Rumple. Of course, the real world doesn't have to know about the characters as they integrate themselves into society, but I just don't see how that is interesting in the least. It removes all the magic. In essence, I want my fairy tale characters to stay fairy tale characters. I don't want a show about the real world.

Edited by Betsypaige1, May 8, 2012 @ 4:49 PM.

jillypups

jillypups

Loyal Viewer

Posted May 8, 2012 @ 4:54 PM

**I disagree about the Huntsman. He's alive in Fairy Tale land, which for me is the "real" land.

As much as I wish this were true, fairy tale land is from 28 years ago. The curse literally transported them from fairy tale land to Storybrooke where they lingered, time frozen essentially, for 28 years.

Emma came, time started, Graham was murdered by Regina. So he exists in the past, sure, much like my dearly departed grandpa exists in the 90s, but both are unfortunately deceased and not alive anymore.

SiobhanJW

SiobhanJW

Couch Potato

Posted May 8, 2012 @ 4:57 PM

Question: What are the details about Sheriff Graham/the Huntsman’s return to Once Upon a Time? Please say it somehow, magically involves him getting to see Emma again. I haven’t missed a character so much since Logan Echolls left my television screen. —Robin
Ausiello: The odds would seem to favor Jamie Dornan returning as the Huntsman and not Graham since the former is alive and the latter is not. But considering what OUAT co-creator Eddy Kitsis just told TVLine’s Matt Mitovich, I’m not so sure that’s the case. Asked about the circumstances surrounding Dornan’s comeback, Kitsis teased, “I can say that it is one my favorite reveals of the entire year, and to spoil it would be so heartbreaking.” And how important was it to have Dornan back as… whomever? Says Kitsis, “We moved heaven and earth to get that man from London. Or, we put him on a plane.”

Source

Hmm... interesting.

Edited by SiobhanJW, May 8, 2012 @ 4:58 PM.

Betsypaige1

Betsypaige1

Video Archivist

Posted May 8, 2012 @ 6:36 PM

As much as I wish this were true, fairy tale land is from 28 years ago. The curse literally transported them from fairy tale land to Storybrooke where they lingered, time frozen essentially, for 28 years.

Emma came, time started, Graham was murdered by Regina. So he exists in the past, sure, much like my dearly departed grandpa exists in the 90s, but both are unfortunately deceased and not alive anymore.

Ok, good points; I hadn't considered that.

oldandnewfirm

oldandnewfirm

Couch Potato

Posted May 8, 2012 @ 7:44 PM

The odds would seem to favor Jamie Dornan returning as the Huntsman and not Graham since the former is alive and the latter is not. But considering what OUAT co-creator Eddy Kitsis just told TVLine’s Matt Mitovich, I’m not so sure that’s the case. Asked about the circumstances surrounding Dornan’s comeback, Kitsis teased, “I can say that it is one my favorite reveals of the entire year, and to spoil it would be so heartbreaking.” And how important was it to have Dornan back as… whomever? Says Kitsis, “We moved heaven and earth to get that man from London. Or, we put him on a plane.”

I imagine Huntsman will either be interacting with Belle or Team Snow. If the former, it'll be because he was responsible for capturing her and spiriting her off to Regina's dungeon; if the latter, it'll have something to do with Charming's escape from Regina's castle and the wolf whistle that the Huntsman gave her all those years ago.