Spoilers and Spoilery Discussion: The apple was poisoned?!

• Please log in to reply

12882 replies to this topic

TWoP Tennison

TWoP Tennison

TWoP Moderator

Posted Feb 18, 2014 @ 8:35 PM

Moderator Note: READ ME

Do not use initials for names, places or episode titles. This is confusing to new posters. Spell them out. It's Enchanted Forest, not EF, for example.

Do not copy and paste articles from other sites. Post a link and a small excerpt.

Don't post only to "squee" or "boo" over a new spoiler, or to thank a helpful poster, or to just say "me, too!" Add something to the discussion. It's fine to say "I love/hate this spoiler!" but that shouldn't be the entire sum of your post. If you have nothing substantive to add to the discussion, then wait to post until you do.

Edited by TWoP Tennison, Feb 18, 2014 @ 8:37 PM.

jessied112

jessied112

Stalker

Posted Apr 29, 2012 @ 6:09 PM

Ah, thank you Canada. As usual, I couldn't resist watching the episode two hours earlier. So yeah, spoilers down ahead for tonight's episode.

So, August IS Pinocchio and he IS slowly turning back into wood. And strangely enough, I'm not as disappointed as I was before watching the episode. I mean, I'm still not overly happy of the fact but there was a scene with August and Marco and it was just so adorable and so sweet. And I get his desperation with trying to get Emma to believe. As for him finding Emma, I guess that was a given but it kind of sucks that August hadn't been keeping tabs on Emma. I mean, they didn't come out right and say it but I think it would have been cute if he had kept tabs on Emma. But now that Emma is taking Henry out of Storybrooke as a result of August admitting Henry and Jefferson are both right about the curse being real, I wonder what Regina will do. I don't think she'll be happy to find her kid missing, and by his birth mother's hand no less. I think August hit the nail on the head; Emma's in such deep denial about the truth that she can't see what's right in front of her. I think August has finally gotten through to her but it'll take some time before that wall of denial is broken, and I think it'll be because of August dying and maybe even Henry dying/getting hurt by Regina.

And I'm sticking with my theory that Cora ripped Regina's heart out shortly after Daniel's death and that's why she's such a cold hearted bitch. It's because she literally has no heart.

Cardie

Cardie

Fanatic

Posted Apr 29, 2012 @ 6:26 PM

I couldn't resist reading your spoilers, jessied, and am pleased at the victory of team Augnocchio, of which I was an early adherent. And even when I combined by conviction that August was Pinocchio with his being the kid who found Emma, only to be told my theory was crap, I persevered. I'll wait to be surprised as to how he got spirited to our world ahead of the curse.

But sincere condolences also to the pupaphobes. Your dismay at August being Pinocchio seemed far more deep and genuine than any emotional distress we Augnocchio partisans would have felt if proven wrong.

jessied112

jessied112

Stalker

Posted Apr 29, 2012 @ 6:44 PM

Yeah, that's a good idea. The reasoning actually makes a lot of sense. I actually was dead set against August being Pinocchio but I think because I finally accepted the fact before the episode, the blow was a lot less. Well, that and the August/Emma scene where he tries to get her to believe is actually well done, well acted and quite powerful that I think I'm on board with August being Pinocchio. But it'll be interesting to see how Emma finally believes. But I think I know what the first sign of her believing is: her seeing August's leg turn into wood. Although she can't see his wodden leg now, I think her seeing it will be the first sign of the curse breaking because of her believing.

Evakuu

Evakuu

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 29, 2012 @ 10:20 PM

And I'm sticking with my theory that Cora ripped Regina's heart out shortly after Daniel's death and that's why she's such a cold hearted bitch. It's because she literally has no heart.

Agreed. Especially because I think that could have been Cora in wonderland and when Regina opened the vault of hearts, one of them was glowing, because I'm guessing it contains her heart.

ViciousCircle

ViciousCircle

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 29, 2012 @ 10:47 PM

I couldn't resist reading your spoilers, jessied, and am pleased at the victory of team Augnocchio, of which I was an early adherent. And even when I combined by conviction that August was Pinocchio with his being the kid who found Emma, only to be told my theory was crap, I persevered. I'll wait to be surprised as to how he got spirited to our world ahead of the curse.

But sincere condolences also to the pupaphobes. Your dismay at August being Pinocchio seemed far more deep and genuine than any emotional distress we Augnocchio partisans would have felt if proven wrong

Good call, Cardie. I definitely was on the NOTPINOCCHIO! side because of both pupaphobia and just not liking the Pinocchio story in general. Then I started sniffling a bit at the scene with Augustio and his dad in Gold's shop, and comletely lost it for the entire scene with them near the end. Now I can't imagine how August being anyone OTHER than Pinocchio could work so well. Damn you, writers/actors!

Prosthetics people get no points, though. His wooden leg looks so fake, I thought for a minute that Emma could see it but still didn't believe because it looked like plastic. Maybe it's just my tv, but it looked too shiny and yellow.

Tableau

Tableau

Fanatic

Posted Apr 29, 2012 @ 10:52 PM

Promo for next week. I find it kind of interesting that Charming seems to be held prisoner by George's guard quite publicly in front of everyone in the castle courtyard. How exactly is Georgie going to explain the manhandling of his son to the general public?

oldandnewfirm

oldandnewfirm

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 29, 2012 @ 11:21 PM

Prosthetics people get no points, though. His wooden leg looks so fake, I thought for a minute that Emma could see it but still didn't believe because it looked like plastic. Maybe it's just my tv, but it looked too shiny and yellow.

It was CG, that's why.

corvus13

corvus13

Stalker

Posted Apr 29, 2012 @ 11:35 PM

What if the shocking death is Emma? If the final scene is Snow and Charming kissing, that would mean that Emma has served her purpose and is superfluous.

Summa

Summa

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 30, 2012 @ 12:41 AM

Thanks for the promo. I do hope that if Henry is the character who is going to die, he's really just in a deep sleep that can be awoken with kiss by his mother's love.

MorninStar

MorninStar

Fanatic

Posted Apr 30, 2012 @ 12:53 AM

If Henry falls into some sort of faux death-sleep.. it could very well be what gets Emma to believe in the curse and what it has done.

kennyab

kennyab

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 30, 2012 @ 6:49 AM

If Henry falls into some sort of faux death-sleep.. it could very well be what gets Emma to believe in the curse and what it has done

I wonder if that's his plan. Eat a poisoned apple, telling Emma beforehand that the only way to save him is for her to believe that True Love's Kiss (and they've never said true love had to be romantic...I believe a mother and child could definitely count) will work.

aml77

aml77

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 30, 2012 @ 9:41 AM

What if the shocking death is Emma? If the final scene is Snow and Charming kissing, that would mean that Emma has served her purpose and is superfluous.

Not really. They've been pretty clear all along that being the Savior isn't just about helping everyone recover their memories - that's simply step one in a larger campaign.

oldandnewfirm

oldandnewfirm

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 30, 2012 @ 9:42 AM

Looks like Henry may be taking a hit after all. Here's Kristin's latest spoiler:

Gavin in Port Jefferson, N.Y.: So excited for last few episodes of Once Upon a Time! Anything you can tell us?
Regina is up to her old apple tricks again, setting her sights on one target in particular. Alas, things don't go according to plan (do they ever on TV?), and Henry may just end up being collateral damage. We're sure you're now asking yourselves, "Would Once really kill him off? He's just a kid!" We'll just tell you this: Things are about to get dark.

AllShiny

AllShiny

Fanatic

Posted Apr 30, 2012 @ 10:05 AM

If Henry falls into some sort of faux death-sleep.. it could very well be what gets Emma to believe in the curse and what it has done.

That was the conclusion I came to. I think I buy Henry doing it on purpose instead of just innocently eating an apple meant for Emma (the write-up for the next episode says that Regina has a plan to permanently get rid of Emma). He's so desperate to get her to believe, I think he'd eat the apple if he thought that only by believing would she be able to save him - and that it would push her to do so.

It's possible he's wrong about that - I'm clinging to the spoiler that says that the person who's dead isn't going to stay dead. I like Henry, and the Emma/Henry story line. But beyond that, killing Henry takes this show's last foot out of whimsical, and that's not a place I want to follow it. I'm not saying I wouldn't want to watch the show if Henry isn't on it; I don't want to watch the show that would kill him off.

AntBee

AntBee

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 30, 2012 @ 10:21 AM

That was the conclusion I came to. I think I buy Henry doing it on purpose instead of just innocently eating an apple meant for Emma (the write-up for the next episode says that Regina has a plan to permanently get rid of Emma). He's so desperate to get her to believe, I think he'd eat the apple if he thought that only by believing would she be able to save him - and that it would push her to do so.

It's possible he's wrong about that - I'm clinging to the spoiler that says that the person who's dead isn't going to stay dead. I like Henry, and the Emma/Henry story line. But beyond that, killing Henry takes this show's last foot out of whimsical, and that's not a place I want to follow it. I'm not saying I wouldn't want to watch the show if Henry isn't on it; I don't want to watch the show that would kill him off.

While at times I have found the child actor a little annoying, although I think it's the writing for his character, since I don't want to pick on a little kid, I really hope that they don't really kill him off. There's still so many story lines that they could with the character including bringing his father back to town, and I agree the character does usually add a touch of whimsicalness which this show needs to keep, imo.

I wonder if they're setting it up though to get Henry removed from Regina if he eats a poisoned apple that she created, not necessarily placed with Emma though, because I don't think that will happen this soon necessarily just away from him so I won't have to worry about her taking out his heart like she did the other Henry.

Fable

Fable

Fanatic

Posted Apr 30, 2012 @ 10:49 AM

I have long believed that the show would kill off Henry, and sadly, I think it may stick. The actor is an almost 12-year-old boy playing a 10-year-old, and time just doesn't seem to be passing all that fast in Storybrooke, however, the actor continues to age. Unless there is a time jump from season to season, I'm not sure how they are going to be able to pass Jared Gilmore off as believable in his role as Henry for any sustained period of time.

Edited by Fable, Apr 30, 2012 @ 10:50 AM.

Aurilly

Aurilly

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 30, 2012 @ 11:41 AM

This is from a few pages back:

GirlTalkTo: Any news on Belle and Gold on OUAT?
How is this for a tease? Belle, or her Storybrooke counterpart to be more precise, will share an important scene with another fan-favorite guest star. Speculate away!

It's probably Jefferson, but given that the source of this spoiler is Kristen at E!, it could also be Dr. Whale, because Kristen has loved him for years. She doesn't say the character is a fan-favorite (because I don't think Dr. Whale is), but she says the star is, and David Anders definitely has his fans. It would make sense. He works at the hospital where Belle is being kept. Either a) he's Regina's minion and she orders him to do something with her, or b) he's not working for Regina (at least in this instance) and simply finds his way down there somehow and rescues her.

I also have thought from the first episode that something would happen to Henry to take him out of the story, at least for awhile. It's the same issue as Walt from Lost, only this time the writers need to have figured out what to do with him in advance in order to get the project greenlit by ABC.

Edited by Aurilly, Apr 30, 2012 @ 11:43 AM.

fg22

fg22

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 30, 2012 @ 11:51 AM

David Anders announced that he finished his last day of filming for the Season on Twitter before Emilie de Ravin flew to Canada to film hers.

Spartan Girl

Spartan Girl

Fanatic

Posted Apr 30, 2012 @ 12:16 PM

As much as I hate it when kids die, I think Henry might be the one to die too. All these spoilers and the promo have spelled it out for us.

I find it kind of interesting that Charming seems to be held prisoner by George's guard quite publicly in front of everyone in the castle courtyard. How exactly is Georgie going to explain the manhandling of his son to the general public?

I wondered that myself. The guards know the real Prince James is dead. I really hope that Abigail told King Midas what a bastard James' "father" is so that they'll hopefully send backup for Snow White, or at least oust George from the throne.

Why isn't it next Sunday yet??? Grrr!

jillypups

jillypups

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 30, 2012 @ 12:32 PM

Not sure if this is old news but I got this out of the comments on the promo for 1.21 at spoilertv.com:

This is a quote from OUAT fan site" someone commented on next
weeks episode saying: I was at the Chiller Theatre Expo in New Jersey
today and I was able to meet Lee Arenburg (one of the dwarfs in OUAT)
and he mentioned in confidence that the kid takes a bite of the apple to
prove to Emma that she's the only one who can save Storybrook, and him.
The kid dies and will remain dead until Emma is "forced" to believe and
take a stand."

Irish64

Irish64

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 30, 2012 @ 12:45 PM

Wow, I wouldnt count on that drawf to be back next season. The OUAT producers and writers are very spoiler conscious.

Makes sense, and it would definitely let us know if Regina actually does love Henry (even in her own limited fashion.) If she just shrug it off and blames Emma (and she WILL blame Emma and not herself for having a poison apple tree hanging around) Will be interesting to see her reaction.

MorninStar

MorninStar

Fanatic

Posted Apr 30, 2012 @ 1:31 PM

I do tend to think that for this curse to be broken will take Emma believing in magic/her past/her destiny.. more than 'true love's kiss', as they have led us to believe is the magical cure-all.

mdumont

mdumont

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 30, 2012 @ 1:39 PM

Belle's Fairy Tale land story isn't done yet. We haven't seen how Regina captured her. I think Regina will send the Huntsman to capture Belle, making Jaime Dornan the fan favorite guest star hinted at. I believe he might be making an appearance in the season finale.

About the time that the actors got the finale script, Emilie de Ravin And Robert Carlyle tweeted to each other about how excited they were about the script. I'm taking that to mean that they will have some great scenes together in the finale. Maybe Regina will release Belle to cause Mr. Gold pain and anguish because Belle doesn't remember him.

jillypups

jillypups

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 30, 2012 @ 1:45 PM

I'd love to see Belle and Mr. Gold together! I never saw their episode and it's not up on abc.com anymore so it would be awesome to see them interact finally.

Hick

Hick

Fanatic

Posted Apr 30, 2012 @ 2:58 PM

I think Regina will send the Huntsman to capture Belle, making Jaime Dornan the fan favorite guest star hinted at.

But the spoiler said, that it's Belle's Storybrooke counterpart, who has the scene with the other fan-favourite.

jessied112

jessied112

Stalker

Posted Apr 30, 2012 @ 5:18 PM

Well, I suspected from the beginning of the series that Henry would somehow be the one to get Emma to believe and gosh darn it, if putting him in a coma/killing him temporarily because of Regina's poisoned apple isn't the thing to get Emma to believe, then I don't know what will. I think he won't stay dead, but just comatose, just like Snow, until Emma believes. And I think this will push her over the edge to believe, especially if August tells her that it's the only way to save Henry. She'd do anything for Henry at this point. This has to be the event that pushes her over the edge, or at least I really hope it is.

As for the fan favourite coming back, I can see it as being Jefferson. I know he's set to return in the finale as well and maybe the Hat sent him to Regina's mental institution prison, as he maybe can't leave Storybrooke quite yet. I mean, the curse is only starting to break, so it makes sense if he did fall through the Hat, but was just sent to the Ward Under The Hospital.

Betsypaige1

Betsypaige1

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 30, 2012 @ 5:19 PM

I have to figure Belle's scenes will be with Jefferson. Perhaps when he fell out the window, he ended up at the asylum. In any case, he KNOWS who Belle his - so I could see a scene with them being significant.

I have missed Rumple so much, lol - I need scenes with them badly at this point. Based on prior hints from Horowitz (and/or Kitsis, I forget which one), I would expect Gold to find out about Regina hiding Belle away - and for that to set the stage for next season's showdown. I have no idea how often Belle could be on next year as Emilie is in a new show for ABC, but if it doesn't get picked up, I'd love her to be a regular. I do think Regina will rue the day she imprisoned Belle simply because I really think Gold is more powerful than she is and he won't let up on her.

Belle believed in Rumpletstiltskin and saw through his sickness to the good man he used to be; I think the whole series is, in a way, about him coming full circle.

MorninStar

MorninStar

Fanatic

Posted Apr 30, 2012 @ 8:57 PM

I do wonder what happened to Jefferson.. are there any Enchanted lands to go back to? If Jefferson was left in Wonderland and he ended up in Storybrooke, I'd say ALL of the enchanted lands are in Storybrooke.. It would seem there is nothing to go back to.

oldandnewfirm

oldandnewfirm

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 30, 2012 @ 11:07 PM

New promo featuring Jefferson is out for Apple Red as Blood.

He appears to be in front of Enchanted Lands architecture-- could he be in Henry Senior's tomb, or does the hat somehow let him slip "behind the curtain," as it were, and enter the Enchanted Lands as they exist behind the facade of Storybrooke?

Edit: edited to clarify Henry Sr., not Henry Jr.

Edited by oldandnewfirm, Apr 30, 2012 @ 11:14 PM.

Tableau

Tableau

Fanatic

Posted Apr 30, 2012 @ 11:10 PM

He looks to be at Mary Margaret's and is eating an apple tart of some kind.