Spoilers and Spoilery Discussion: The apple was poisoned?!

• Please log in to reply

12856 replies to this topic

TWoP Tennison

TWoP Tennison

TWoP Moderator

Posted Feb 18, 2014 @ 8:35 PM

Moderator Note: READ ME

Do not use initials for names, places or episode titles. This is confusing to new posters. Spell them out. It's Enchanted Forest, not EF, for example.

Do not copy and paste articles from other sites. Post a link and a small excerpt.

Don't post only to "squee" or "boo" over a new spoiler, or to thank a helpful poster, or to just say "me, too!" Add something to the discussion. It's fine to say "I love/hate this spoiler!" but that shouldn't be the entire sum of your post. If you have nothing substantive to add to the discussion, then wait to post until you do.

Edited by TWoP Tennison, Feb 18, 2014 @ 8:37 PM.

TWoP Tennison

TWoP Tennison

TWoP Moderator

Posted Oct 24, 2011 @ 7:54 AM

Spoilers and spoilery discussion go here.

MelsW

MelsW

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 24, 2011 @ 2:44 PM

Spoiler talk from TVfanatic.com
TV Fanatic Article

It looks like Cinderella and Hansel and Gretel will be making an appearance in Storybrooke. Steve Pearlman (Exec Producer) says "Snow, Charming and Emma may be considered the main players, but the series wants to "branch out" and tell many stories at once."

Jennifer Morrison on her character "Emma": "She ends up revealing parts of herself through their stories. She kind of has a slower, steadier revelation of who she is, whereas some of the other characters will have a whole episode that’s their flashback.”

Tableau

Tableau

Fanatic

Posted Oct 24, 2011 @ 11:43 PM

Any news on when Charming is going to wake up?

fester01

fester01

Loyal Viewer

Posted Oct 25, 2011 @ 12:02 AM

Beloved Buffy the Vampire Slayer vet Emma Caulfield is venturing into the supernatural world once more — this time as an infamous fairy-tale staple on ABC’s Once Upon a Time (premiering Sunday, Oct. 23 at 8/7c)

Exclusive: Once Upon a Time Gets Lost With Alan Dale

TVLine has learned that the actress will play a role we first told you about, the “incredibly scary and frightening” Blind Witch from Hansel and Gretel, who appears in the ninth episode of the fantastical drama’s debut season. Caulfield excitedly revealed the news via Twitter on Monday.

chewy101

chewy101

Video Archivist

Posted Oct 25, 2011 @ 1:09 AM

I love Emma Caulfield so much, I hope and pray the series lasts long enough to air the episodes! I am so afraid this will be another show that gets incredible reviews and no viewers and then tumbles into oblivion.

But getting "Anya" to do anything in this show, I am so there.

Edited for self proclaimed spelling nazi-ness

Edited by chewy101, Oct 25, 2011 @ 1:10 AM.

Serenachan

Serenachan

Video Archivist

Posted Oct 25, 2011 @ 2:16 AM

Any news on when Charming is going to wake up?

From rumors I've heard from people who have seen the screener, he wakes up in the middle of episode 3 and checks himself out of the hospital. I'm not 100% sure on this, because I haven't seen the screener myself - but I have no reason to doubt those people.

Tableau

Tableau

Fanatic

Posted Oct 25, 2011 @ 7:32 AM

Thanks. Looking forward to it. I'm curious how his real world personality will act. Will he be a jerk? Or will he just be confused?

I'm also curious what his real name will be. According to IMDB he will be going by John Doe for awhile so maybe he will have amnesia?

If him and Snow get together in the real world, will the fact that she's a nun now get in the way? Will ABC bother with religious angst in their family friendly drama?

Edited by Tableau, Oct 25, 2011 @ 9:17 AM.

Serenachan

Serenachan

Video Archivist

Posted Oct 25, 2011 @ 9:29 AM

I don't think Snow is a nun. In the first press releases, she was credited as "Sister Mary Margaret", but then it was dropped, so I'm guessing they changed it.

IvyDarling

IvyDarling

Stalker

Posted Oct 25, 2011 @ 7:14 PM

Burning Questions Answered... via TV Line.

Also from Ausiello at TV Line:

Question: Any scoop on Once Upon a Time? I’m so excited for Episode 2 this Sunday! —Aurore
Ausiello: Episode 3 flashes back to Snow and Prince Charming’s first meeting, and suffice it to say, it wasn’t pretty. “Their relationship is so complicated,” says Snow’s portrayer, Ginnifer Goodwin. “It was based in the beginning on real animosity and manipulation and selfishness.” (Spoiler Alert: They met on The Bachelor!) Meanwhile, Josh Dallas (a.k.a. The Prince) has this to say about the forthcoming arrival of Alan Dale as his onscreen father, King George. “The kingdom is ailing and [my dad] needs some help,” he explains. “He goes to King Midas, and they make a deal. King Midas says, ‘If your son slays this dragon, I will take care of your kingdom. I will give you gold. I will give you riches. You will be taken care of.’ So he makes a deal with Midas for me to slay this dragon.”

Edited by IvyDarling, Oct 25, 2011 @ 7:37 PM.

Tableau

Tableau

Fanatic

Posted Oct 25, 2011 @ 7:26 PM

This is a spoiler thread so no need to black out spoilers. Anyone who reads this know what they are getting into.

As for the stuff about the dragon, that sounds really interesting. I'm not quite sure if this show has the budget to go whole hog CGI dragon but I'm curious to find out.

Are we to assume that his parents literally named him Charming since his dad has a name?

IvyDarling

IvyDarling

Stalker

Posted Oct 25, 2011 @ 7:36 PM

This is a spoiler thread so no need to black out spoilers. Anyone who reads this know what they are getting into.

You know, I knew this bit I've spent so much time posting in single thread shows its pretty much a force of habit. Will edit now.

As for the stuff about the dragon, that sounds really interesting. I'm not quite sure if this show has the budget to go whole hog CGI dragon but I'm curious to find out.

Dragon or not, I'm definitely interested in seeing king Midas.

NicoleMN6

NicoleMN6

Stalker

Posted Oct 26, 2011 @ 1:01 PM

I love that they're not just sticking with Disney fairytales for this!

Given that this is from the creators of "Lost," depending on how many seasons this show lasts (and this is another example of a show that really should have a fixed number), I wonder if we'll start getting flash-forwards at some point. Would be cool to see Emma suddenly in her rightful place as a princess, though I bet she'll be more of an "Into the Woods" princess due to her traumatic life all those years.

ElymianDucat

ElymianDucat

Fanatic

Posted Oct 26, 2011 @ 1:25 PM

First look at Maleficent.

blugirlami21

blugirlami21

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 26, 2011 @ 2:06 PM

Sneak peek at what the Queen's price for the curse might have been: http://www.tvline.co...on-1-episode-2/

ElymianDucat

ElymianDucat

Fanatic

Posted Oct 26, 2011 @ 3:27 PM

Well, no wonder the sneaky little goblin knew so much about the Curse!

I'm guessing that the "thing she loved the most" that she lost was her husband, Snow White's father, and that she somehow blames Snow White for that.

mustbekarma

mustbekarma

Fanatic

Posted Oct 26, 2011 @ 6:41 PM

I'm guessing that the "thing she loved the most" that she lost was her husband, Snow White's father, and that she somehow blames Snow White for that.

I don't think it's going to be that simple. My guess is perhaps she lost a child; maybe she miscarried or something. For some completely illogical reason, she decided to blame Snow White.

I'm willing to guess at some future point in order to maintain the curse, Regina has to sacrifice Henry's heart to keep her "happy ending." I'd also bet a shiny nickel that she can't, because maybe she really does love Henry, and she can't sacrifice him. I'd expect this to happen at the end of the series.

On a more current note, I wonder if she sacrificed her own heart. The person she loves the most is herself. She cannot love Henry, because she doesn't have a heart. Maybe Henry will help Regina get her heart back. Despite his complaints of his life sucking, he probably does love Regina.

Edited by mustbekarma, Oct 26, 2011 @ 6:42 PM.

ElymianDucat

ElymianDucat

Fanatic

Posted Oct 26, 2011 @ 7:17 PM

My guess is perhaps she lost a child; maybe she miscarried or something. For some completely illogical reason, she decided to blame Snow White.

Wasn't that the plot of the Sigourney Weaver adaptation?

mustbekarma

mustbekarma

Fanatic

Posted Oct 26, 2011 @ 7:23 PM

It's been such a long time since I've seen that version, I couldn't tell you. Heck, the Evil Queen is so petty, maybe Snow White broke her favorite magic mirror, so Regina had to get a new one.

so original

so original

Video Archivist

Posted Oct 26, 2011 @ 9:17 PM

Ooh, this is fun. My top suspect for the sacrifice: the magic mirror. She seemed to be looking longingly in the mirror in the pilot episode, as though wishing it would talk to her; that may not have simply been wishing for the old magic days.

Even more randomly: One of the other evil witches. Hey, she's already proven she's capable of love by saying Snow White detroyed that which was most precious to her, whose to say the witches aren't sisters or childhood friends or lovers or something?

Tableau

Tableau

Fanatic

Posted Oct 26, 2011 @ 10:10 PM

We know the mirror is alive and about in the present since he will make an appearance next episode. I'm thinking the Queen blames Snow White for the death of her husband ie Snow White's dad. This spoiler from TVLine strongly suggests it.

Sarah1281

Sarah1281

Fanatic

Posted Oct 26, 2011 @ 11:31 PM

For some completely illogical reason, she decided to blame Snow White.

It can't be completely illogical unless Snow White was being sarcastic when she confirmed for Prince Charming that she did, in fact, ruin the Queen's life.

MDKNIGHT

MDKNIGHT

Fanatic

Posted Oct 27, 2011 @ 1:10 AM

My guess is perhaps she lost a child; maybe she miscarried or something. For some completely illogical reason, she decided to blame Snow White.
Wasn't that the plot of the Sigourney Weaver adaptation?

I don't remember the details of that version either but I remeber that in that version Snow was kind of a brat and Sigourney wasn't totally out of left field in blaming her for her miscarriage (something like Snow ran away in a childish tiff and dad went chasing after her leaving Sigourney to go into labor in the woods or something and the baby died). I liked that in that version the queen had a major case of PTSD so she wasn't a cartoon. In fact until the last 10 minutes of the film you can't be sure that she has supernatural powers and isn't just hallucinating because the grief drove her mad. I'd like this Queen to turn out to have some justification for her actions besides wanting to twirl her mustache.

L80Bug

L80Bug

Video Archivist

Posted Oct 27, 2011 @ 8:45 AM

That's what I was thinking. And that's why she wanted Emma (and then Emma's son).

Rinslet

Rinslet

Video Archivist

Posted Oct 28, 2011 @ 3:55 AM

More sneak peeks are available here: http://repimg.tumblr...nce_upon_a_time

ElymianDucat

ElymianDucat

Fanatic

Posted Oct 28, 2011 @ 10:34 AM

If these pictures of episode 4 are anything to go by, it would seen that in this version of the story Rumpelstinkin plays the role of Cinderella's Fairy Godmother.

Interesting.

Edited by ElymianDucat, Oct 28, 2011 @ 10:36 AM.

Serenachan

Serenachan

Video Archivist

Posted Oct 28, 2011 @ 12:25 PM

I think this is the fairy godmother; I think Cinderella makes a deal with Rumplestiltskin (a "regrettable deal", according to the episode description) to save her.

Tableau

Tableau

Fanatic

Posted Oct 28, 2011 @ 1:19 PM

So she finds out Mary is her mom. That's got to be weird.

Featherhat

Featherhat

Fanatic

Posted Oct 28, 2011 @ 1:58 PM

Cinderella looks good.

So she finds out Mary is her mom. That's got to be weird.

Yeah, by the look on her face even if she doesn't believe yet it's got to be weird and upsetting to think she theoretically might be her mother after being in foster care her entire life.

Tableau

Tableau

Fanatic

Posted Oct 29, 2011 @ 3:37 AM

First 9 minutes of episode 2.

mustbekarma

mustbekarma

Fanatic

Posted Oct 30, 2011 @ 8:27 PM

I'm willing to guess at some future point in order to maintain the curse, Regina has to sacrifice Henry's heart to keep her "happy ending." I'd also bet a shiny nickel that she can't, because maybe she really does love Henry, and she can't sacrifice him. I'd expect this to happen at the end of the series.

Yes, I know I'm quoting myself, but my theory just got a little more credence. Since Evil Queen Regina murdered her own father in order to enact the curse, I'm really believing that at some point in time, she's going to be asked to sacrifice Henry. Mr. Rumpelstiltskin Gold offers her a new dark curse to maintain her "happy ending," and it requires another "thing she loves the most."