Mod Q&A: Once upon a time, there was a moderator...

• Please log in to reply

149 replies to this topic

TWoP Tennison

TWoP Tennison

TWoP Moderator

Posted Oct 24, 2011 @ 7:53 AM

Hi, everyone.

Welcome to the forum. You're welcome to start any character or other threads as needed. Just be sure to read the FAQ first.

Any questions or suggestions, you can post them here or PM me.

TWoP Tennison

TWoP Tennison

TWoP Moderator

Posted Oct 25, 2011 @ 6:10 AM

Sorry the thread was closed. I have no idea why it did that.

Tableau

Tableau

Fanatic

Posted Oct 28, 2011 @ 11:02 PM

Can we get a title change of the Easter Eggs thread to Eggs, Allusions, & Shout Outs: Storybrooke? Seriously? The current title doesn't really cover everything I originally intended it to. Also Storybrooke? Seriously? Is a quote from the pilot, so I thought that fit better too and is close to what's currently there.

Edited by Tableau, Oct 29, 2011 @ 1:42 AM.

TWoP Tennison

TWoP Tennison

TWoP Moderator

Posted Oct 30, 2011 @ 1:53 PM

Good idea. Changing it now.

Tableau

Tableau

Fanatic

Posted Oct 30, 2011 @ 2:50 PM

Sorry, typo. It should be Easter Eggs, Allusions, & Shout Outs: Storybrooke? Seriously?

Edited by Tableau, Oct 30, 2011 @ 2:51 PM.

mustbekarma

mustbekarma

Fanatic

Posted Oct 31, 2011 @ 7:56 PM

Should the two comparison threads be merged? I originally thought the thread "Once Upon a Time vs. Other Fairy Tales" was a literary comparison thread. So, I created a TV show comparison thread "Once Upon a Time vs. Other Shows: Who's the Fairest of Them All?"

Trini Girl

Trini Girl

Stalker

Posted Oct 31, 2011 @ 8:10 PM

I created the first comparison thread, and I did mention other shows in the first post, although I didn't put it in the title. (Should I have?) I intended that other shows based on fairy tales (and related fantasy shows) could be discussed there too.

mustbekarma

mustbekarma

Fanatic

Posted Oct 31, 2011 @ 8:16 PM

When I skimmed through the thread, I caught all the literary references, but not really the TV shows. What do you think, Trini Girl? Now it would be manageable to discuss Once Upon a Time vs. anything in the same thread, but I'm wondering if that would turn into a monster thread, given time. I think the literary references alone, the original fairy tales, other author's works and takes on the aforementioned fairy tales, could fill a thread.

On the other hand, being able to compare the show to anything instead of separating it out could mean less headaches, too, because it's not like this topic could exist in a vacuum.

Trini Girl

Trini Girl

Stalker

Posted Oct 31, 2011 @ 8:24 PM

I don't think it would become a monster thread (but I could be wrong!), but I'm okay with separating other TV shows, if the mod rules that way. I thought it could all be under one thread since there might be comparisons with the original tales versus another show's take on those tales.

Edited by Trini Girl, Oct 31, 2011 @ 8:24 PM.

mustbekarma

mustbekarma

Fanatic

Posted Oct 31, 2011 @ 8:32 PM

I thought it could all be under one thread since there might be comparisons with the original tales versus another show's take on those tales.

That would be a helluva lot easier to do in one thread.

TWoP Tennison

TWoP Tennison

TWoP Moderator

Posted Nov 1, 2011 @ 6:02 AM

Yeah I think I'll merge the threads because there'll be crossover between literature and other media.

mustbekarma

mustbekarma

Fanatic

Posted Nov 1, 2011 @ 7:26 PM

Regarding The Great Apple Scandal of 2011, my personal fanwank from now on will be that the subtext went like this:

REGINA: I haven't found anything more wonderful in the whole world than Honeycrisp Apples!
EMMA: But you brought me Red Delicious.
REGINA: I know. I don't like you that much.

Now the conversation about Honey Crisp Apples led to this wonderful Bon Mot, but I was wondering if it would be feasible to have a nitpicker's thread?

Something like "Once Upon a Time Continuity and Nitpicks: Those Apples Were NOT Honeycrisp"

Camera One

Camera One

Fanatic

Posted Nov 6, 2011 @ 11:21 PM

Does Promo talk go in Speculation Without Spoilers? Or just in the regular episode thread? Thanks.

HelenBack

HelenBack

Fanatic

Posted Nov 7, 2011 @ 2:15 AM

Some shows have a specific "Promos and Previews" thread. Maybe this one could have one of those?

TWoP Tennison

TWoP Tennison

TWoP Moderator

Posted Nov 7, 2011 @ 2:47 PM

Promo talk goes in Speculation.

It's one of the site rules.

Edited by TWoP Tennison, Nov 7, 2011 @ 2:50 PM.

Tableau

Tableau

Fanatic

Posted Nov 14, 2011 @ 6:46 PM

There are already starting to be a lot of redundant posts in the Easter Egg Thread. Even though the thread is barely 4 pages long posters aren't following the 15/15 rule and are posting things that were already mentioned only a page before without adding anything new. I have a feeling this can only get worse as the season goes on. Could you pin a post asking people to check the thread for the reference first before posting?

callietwo

callietwo

Fanatic

Posted Nov 27, 2011 @ 1:59 PM

Is there going to be a thread listing for tonight's episode put up? My schedule is showing a new one, anyway! - Thanks

TWoP Tennison

TWoP Tennison

TWoP Moderator

Posted Nov 27, 2011 @ 7:58 PM

Yes, there is.

If for some reason I don't put one up in the future, then any poster is welcome to start the thread. Just make sure it's after the episode has finished airing.

callietwo

callietwo

Fanatic

Posted Nov 27, 2011 @ 8:06 PM

Thanks!

As for finishing airing- this airs at 7pm where I live on CTV (Canadian station)- I still wait till after the 8pm showing on the US channel to start one if I created a thread, correct? I assumed so- but wanted to check to confirm.

Edited by callietwo, Nov 27, 2011 @ 8:07 PM.

TWoP Tennison

TWoP Tennison

TWoP Moderator

Posted Nov 30, 2011 @ 5:14 PM

The thread can be started at 8PM US Eastern Time. The vast majority of the time, though, I'll remember to start the thread early. It was just a busy holiday weekend this last time.

Edited by TWoP Tennison, Nov 30, 2011 @ 5:15 PM.

mustbekarma

mustbekarma

Fanatic

Posted Nov 30, 2011 @ 7:14 PM

Shouldn't that be 9 p.m., because that's when the show stops airing in the first time zone in the U.S.?

TWoP Tennison

TWoP Tennison

TWoP Moderator

Posted Dec 1, 2011 @ 7:58 PM

Oops, yes.

callietwo

callietwo

Fanatic

Posted Dec 1, 2011 @ 8:02 PM

Good catch, mustbekarma- as that was why I asked in the first place. The show is over here in Northern VT at 8pm as it's the Canadian feed! I'd hate to get in trouble by mistake *eek*!

blue green

blue green

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 2, 2011 @ 9:27 AM

What would be the on-topic thread for discussing and speculating on who the Sheriff might have been in the FT realm (or similar such questions/subjects-of-speculation)?

In a forum for another show, I'd think about maybe the speculation without spoilers thread or the Q and A thread, but I don't think I've seen anything like that so far for OUAT.

SilverShadow

SilverShadow

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 2, 2011 @ 9:54 AM

Not the mod of course, but there is a OUAT Speculation without spoilers thread here.

blue green

blue green

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 2, 2011 @ 4:04 PM

Thanks! That looks like the place for it.

TWoP Tennison

TWoP Tennison

TWoP Moderator

Posted Dec 2, 2011 @ 5:36 PM

Yeah, the forum is pretty busy and threads end up scrolling off the page pretty quickly, so you sometimes need to dig for them.

csjm

csjm

Channel Surfer

Posted Dec 4, 2011 @ 8:14 AM

Where can I ask a question to the moderator? Thank you

TWoP Tennison

TWoP Tennison

TWoP Moderator

Posted Dec 4, 2011 @ 4:58 PM

You can ask any forum-related questions here or you can send me a private message after you've reached ten posts. Please also see the FAQ in case it answers your questions.

Miss Muffet

Miss Muffet

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 12, 2011 @ 9:12 PM

Hello! Thought that maybe you could start a "Morality" thread... somewhere else for them to voice pro/anti opinions. I'd prefer to keep on topic myself.
I've been trying to read and comment on episode 7 "Heart.." but, like you pointed out at one time, they needed to move on from redundancy.
Thanks for any consideration.
I like to have fun and enjoy the shared interest, whether praise or criticism in an evolving and perplexing story.
I really just want people to lighten up and see this show for what it is. ;)