3-5: "Marthas and Caitlins" 2011.10.23

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

152 replies to this topic

Myos

Myos

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 29, 2011 @ 4:15 PM

Alicia should definitively encourage Grace getting involved into extra-curriculars. And as said upthread I agree that teenagers tend to be passionate about something then switch quickly - not after a year but sometimes after 3 weeks... We'll see how long it lasts. If 2 weeks from now Grace no longer wants to hang out with her tutor, how do you think Jennifer will react? Not well, I'm afraid.
Also, perhaps we're being led to another case of "Florick video scandal" involving youtube and sexual situations, except this time it's Grace. It's obvious but it'd make sense. Zach is worrying about being like his dad, Grace is dealing with his dad's behavior too and might be "acting out" in her own way.
Someone here has another hypothesis, which I hope is way off-base:
http://tv.yahoo.com/...-185810609.html

Edited by Myos, Oct 29, 2011 @ 7:51 PM.

boewyr

boewyr

Fanatic

Posted Oct 30, 2011 @ 4:56 PM

Finally a good episode. Lisa Edelstein was actually good in this one and not just annoying.

I don't get the AUSA Armani Stone plotline yet. It feels darned contrived. Granted, she doesn't have Hate!Screen Presence like ASA Not!Cary.

The tutor looks like she would have serious BO.

I know, articulate.

John Potts

John Potts

Fanatic

Posted Feb 10, 2012 @ 8:26 PM

Personally, I didn't see anything creepy in Grace hanging out with her tutor - then again, I don't have any kids, so maybe I'm just naive.

It was always pretty ridiculous that Kalinda is apparently the only investigator in LG (well, other than Blake) and that, five episodes in, the company hasn't worked out how her time should be divided between "legal" work (as in, relating to legal cases, not as opposed to illegality) and "Political" work (Eli). Did like seeing Eli promoting Peter by dishing dirt on his "rival" (as Gore Vidal(?) put it, "Don't try to keep up with the Joneses - drag them down to your level!"), though the plausibility of the politics seems decidedly far fetched.

For the first time, Celeste actually came across as a competent professional. Loved her "We're lesbian lovers!" line. And I really did believe that Alicia cared for Creepy Wife Killer Guy, though I did wonder how SA thought he was going to get the killer to admit he'd offed somebody "outside" without suggesting he wanted somebody killed (to be fair, I don't think they were really serious).

Yeah, Alicia, you probably weren't the best candidate when you got your job. Though I thought "Martha" was an idiot for turning down her "alternative" job before she'd got the one she wanted, even if she was screwed over (let that be a valuable learning experience for you) - she'd have looked less idiotic if Martha had a deadline on the alternate job and was forced to turn it down because she preferred working at LG. But hell, you should have known that when you're on TV, the best looking candidate will always get the job!