3-5: "Marthas and Caitlins" 2011.10.23

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

152 replies to this topic

TWoP Gadget

TWoP Gadget

Fanatic

Posted Oct 22, 2011 @ 6:11 AM

HEAT TWEET: How has Colin Sweeney been doing? Two words: prison tattoo. #GoodWife 10/23 9pm ET/PT http://bit.ly/p1tP07

“Marthas and Caitlins” – When Alicia’s key witness commits suicide, she must turn to the only person whose testimony can salvage her case: Colin Sweeney. Meanwhile, Eli makes big moves on Peter’s behalf, on “THE GOOD WIFE,” Sunday, Oct. 23 (9:00-10:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Dylan Baker (“Spider-Man 2”) guest stars as Colin Sweeney; Lisa Edelstein (“House”) guest stars as Celeste Serrano, Will’s ex; and Democratic political strategist Donna Brazile guest stars as herself.

Blue32

Blue32

Fanatic

Posted Oct 23, 2011 @ 9:01 PM

David Lee is prince of my heart. Never change! I did like Alicia laughing at the idea of Peter seeking spousal support from her, but it does happen; a lot of judges still share Alicia's reaction to husbands claiming spousal support, though, even in this day and age.

I can forgive all of Lisa Edelstein's overacting and rolling her eyes like a crazy person during her little confrontation with Alicia for the awesomeness that followed: Celeste and Alicia going for a drink and being amazingly, brutally honest with each other. They just dropped the catty nonsense about destroying Will and blah blah blah and were real with each other. It was totally out of left field--I expected Celeste to say something snide to Alicia after David Lee gave her the business and flounce off--and it was amazing. I love it when this show zigs instead of zagging (like Jackie in the headdress!). More of that, please.

Alicia learning that she was the "Caitlin" (the less desirable candidate who was hired because a partner threw his weight around) was pretty great.

Eli's realization during his meeting with Donna Brazile that his irresistible force (his drive to advance Peter's political career) had just met an immovable object (the rumours about the dissolution of Peter and Alicia's relationship) was great. Eli looked as if he was about to cry.

Liked Will's reference to that old saying about A students becoming professors, B students becoming judges, and C students becoming partners (although I've heard it as the C students getting rich).

Eli's definitely on to something being up with Peter and Kalinda. Whoever thought he'd be the first to find out gets a gold star.

My favourite part of the Grace/tutor storyline was seeing Alicia completely shut down Grace whining about Alicia being at work all the time and tell Grace that she doesn't get to play that card. Damn straight.

Edited by Blue32, Oct 23, 2011 @ 9:10 PM.

jennifda

jennifda

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 23, 2011 @ 9:04 PM

My favourite part of the Grace/tutor storyline was seeing Alicia completely shut down Grace whining about Alicia being at work all the time and tell Grace that she doesn't get to play that card. Damn straight.

While I felt sorry for Grace and her lonliness, that part was pure perfection.

Loved seeing "Caitlin" was one of Don Draper's sophisticated ladies from Mad Men who spent "taxi time" with him. Loved her! Skateboarding + trampoline = awesome!

Also, maybe I am completely off, but the guy at the bar that Celeste was making eyes at looked like Matthew Ashford (Jack #3 of Days of Our Lives). If so, he has held up quite well.

Edited by jennifda, Oct 23, 2011 @ 9:53 PM.

onestepaway07

onestepaway07

Loyal Viewer

Posted Oct 23, 2011 @ 9:08 PM

Thoughts before a re-watch:

Colin Sweeney still creeps me out.

David Lee was awesome. As underhanded/sneaky as ever but I guess his nepotism was justified in the end.

Eli needs to tread carefully with the whole Peter/Alicia/Kalinda thing because it could end up backfiring badly for his governor campaign.

Still don't get Grace's tutor.

I've forgiven Celeste now because of that drinking scene. That was pretty awesome.

Who the hell dressed Cary today? Are suits meant to be that shiny because his grey suit was so distracting I was pulled out of the scene with him and the multitude of lawyers in his office.

Alicia was a Kaitlin. Well played show.

Watching Kalinda pine (okay look a little longingly) at Alicia really makes me wish they'd be friends again.

Edited by onestepaway07, Oct 23, 2011 @ 9:11 PM.

stonehaven

stonehaven

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 23, 2011 @ 9:15 PM

That was an wonderfully irrestistble hour of television..The Grace/Tutor thing was a bit annoying but it gave insight into Peter/Alicia and their desire to parent.

I was half expecting Alicia to add "I don't want him killed because it would ruin our case".

Still, drunk Alicia is great Alicia.

So much goodness in one hour...and a random shot of Ken Cosgrove makes me realize how much I miss Mad Men...

Still..Alicia as Caitlin? That had me going "Wow...really? Oh you bastard"..out loud to my TV for a good five minutes...

As someone upthread said, this show goes in the unexpected route..and wonderfully so..
Also, that techno song they played was sorta cool..Any ideas as to what it was?

stealinghome

stealinghome

Stalker

Posted Oct 23, 2011 @ 9:16 PM

I can forgive all of Lisa Edelstein's overacting and rolling her eyes like a crazy person during her little confrontation with Alicia for the awesomeness that followed: Celeste and Alicia going for a drink and being amazingly, brutally honest with each other. They just dropped the catty nonsense about destroying Will and blah blah blah and were real with each other. It was totally out of left field--I expected Celeste to say something snide to Alicia after David Lee gave her the business and flounce off--and it was amazing. I love it when this show zigs instead of zagging (like Jackie in the headdress!). More of that, please.

Co-signed, times one thousand. Bring THAT Celeste back, please!

While I felt sorry for Grace and her lonliness, that part was pure perfection.

As someone in their early 20s, I've actually begun to be vaguely insulted by the tutor storyline. Dear writers: NO ONE other than you think that the tutor is hip/cool/down with the 20-something population. No.Fucking.One.

I felt really bad for Martha, but how do you get through law school without knowing that you NEVER turn a job down until you have the other one in writing?

Alicia's new moral dilemma: whether or not to make Caitlin's life hell (IF Caitlin is a recurring character, not a one-off).

Watching Kalinda pine (okay look a little longingly) at Alicia really makes me wish they'd be friends again.

I want more as to why Kalinda won't do anything connected to Peter. Is it her backhanded way of trying to undermine his career so that Alicia can be free to leave him?

it gave insight into Peter/Alicia and their desire to parent.

I thought that part was lolarious. Peter's indignation, all "I'm not a bazooka!", gave me a good chuckle.

Edited by stealinghome, Oct 23, 2011 @ 9:20 PM.

merylinkid

merylinkid

Fanatic

Posted Oct 23, 2011 @ 9:30 PM

Wow, Alicia realizing that she only got the job that saved her family because of Will was awesome tv. She looked shocked. Like she had never considered it.

What made it even better, is Celeste was trying to tell her that Will was not a choirboy and will be underhanded when necessary.

AND, Celeste said you couldn't count on him. She needed Will to back up her hiring decision to let her be something other than "his" hire that he was protecting. And he didn't. Because it was payback for "his" hire.

All tied together, but still undermining the dream vision she has of Will. THAT is good writing. Not that crap we got last week.

Oh and I flove it when parents on tv, actually parent rather than let their kids walk all over them. Grace was trying to run the show and Alicia shut her down. No, 22 year olds should not want to be hanging out with 14 year olds, no matter how lonely the 14 year olds are. And wanting to do something just because no one else is doing it is not a good enough reason.

Barbarossa

Barbarossa

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 23, 2011 @ 9:31 PM

Yeah Lawyer!Cuddy really grew on me this episode, that drinking scene was spot on, but I hope they don't totally make her into Alicia's new Kalinda. Though I am somewhat surprised Celeste didn't know that Will and Alicia went to school together, unless that High School jab..... Hm.

As usually I've kinda turned Grace's storyline to a dull buzz.

Liked seeing Peter at work, and Eli's machinations are going to be interesting as he tries to fufil his promise.

Sweeney was creepingly entertaining as usual.

Yeah the Will having thrown his weight around for Alicia tidbit through me for a sec,

Invader Toph

Invader Toph

Video Archivist

Posted Oct 23, 2011 @ 9:38 PM

First, David Lee needs his own show where he is snarky and glorious all the time. I would totally watch that.

I liked tonight's episode. Colin Sweeney is still creepy as hell and I'm pretty sure that he might've just hired someone to go after his former VP. I seriously won't be surprised if that guy turns up dead or missing or something.

As someone in their early 20s, I've actually begun to be vaguely insulted by the tutor storyline. Dear writers: NO ONE other than you think that the tutor is hip/cool/down with the 20-something population. No.Fucking.One.

As someone who is also in their 20's I actually found Grace's tutor to be more creepy than Colin Sweeney. Good Lord, why the hell didn't Alicia fire that damn girl?

askew

askew

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 23, 2011 @ 9:40 PM

They need to ditch this absurd story about Peter being the keynote speaker at the DNC convention. The comparisons between a squeaky clean, once in a generation politician like Obama and a guy who is not 2 years out of a sex scandal/abuse of office charges is moronic. There is no way the DNC would put him up as even a daytime speaker. John Edwards was the 2004 VP pick and came in 3rd in 2008 at the Presidential primary and he wasn't even allowed on the convention floor. In the real world, Florrick would never make it beyond state's attorney and the DNC bigwigs wouldn't be spending any time working with him or his advisors.

The rest of the episode was excellent. I love episodes that focus on office politics.

Edited to add: This is the 2nd episode with Celeste wearing clothes that covered half her hands. It looks completely unprofessional. No female attorney would dress like that. Also, Diane's "suit" with the turned up color was hideous. Alicia looked fabulous as always though.

Edited by askew, Oct 23, 2011 @ 9:44 PM.

Words

Words

Channel Surfer

Posted Oct 23, 2011 @ 9:42 PM

Dear writers: NO ONE other than you think that the tutor is hip/cool/down with the 20-something population. No.Fucking.One.

THIS. I swear to god this whole tutor thing reeks of nepotism--someone on TGW staff must be related to that tutor "actress." Eh, even the quotation marks around the word still insults actresses. Get that waste of space off our show!

Mikita

Mikita

Fanatic

Posted Oct 23, 2011 @ 9:44 PM

Great episode. I really liked the scene between Alicia and Celeste at the bar. Good Stuff.

I thought that the tutor was in high school for some reason. I'm sorry that poor Grace has no friends(I wonder why?) but yeah, she should not consider a 22 year old her friend. Less Grace and more Zack please. I find his story lines much more interesting than any of Grace's.

Didn't like David Lee this go around. Nepotism. The twist with Alicia being a Caitlyn previously was very good. Call me mean, but I hope that Alicia does make her life a living hell. Somehow, I don't think she will though.

The entire Sweeney plot bugged. How can the jury believe a witness that demands to be freed from prison before he will testify? The States Attorney's Office was shady changing the deal at the last possible moment. Somehow I think that Sweeney will wind up dead at a later date.

stealinghome

stealinghome

Stalker

Posted Oct 23, 2011 @ 9:44 PM

Wow, Alicia realizing that she only got the job that saved her family because of Will was awesome tv. She looked shocked. Like she had never considered it.

Which I thought was a little ridiculous, actually. I mean, I get that Alicia lives in denial of how the real world actually works sometimes, and especially with regard to herself, but really, it never occurred to her that Will got her the job? Really?

I liked tonight's episode. Colin Sweeney is still creepy as hell and I'm pretty sure that he might've just hired someone to go after his former VP. I seriously won't be surprised if that guy turns up dead or missing or something.

I thought the show was really clever to spring Sweeney. In jail, he can't really be an effective semi-regular guest star. Now he can! Though he's probably also now got a big bullseye on his back....

I thought that the tutor was in high school for some reason.

Tonight was the first episode they said she wasn't.

Less Grace and more Zack please. I find his story lines much more interesting than any of Grace's.

In the same way that Grace is trying to find herself, I think the writers are really trying to find her, too.

HOWEVER, big props to MV tonight, because in the scene where Grace is crying over her friendless state she was really, really good.

Call me mean, but I hope that Alicia does make her life a living hell. Somehow, I don't think she will though.

I think that's going to be Alicia's new dilemma, though. As someone who was a Caitlin, how would she have felt if someone were a jerk to her in the same situation?

Edited by stealinghome, Oct 23, 2011 @ 9:48 PM.

Blue32

Blue32

Fanatic

Posted Oct 23, 2011 @ 9:49 PM

Which I thought was a little ridiculous, actually. I mean, I get that Alicia lives in denial of how the real world actually works sometimes, and especially with regard to herself, but really, it never occurred to her that Will got her the job? Really?

Just my opinion, but I think that she'd assumed that Will had put in a good word for her, in some vague general sense of talking up her good qualities. It was the combination of two things that must have been the blow: a) the revelation of the precise mechanics of the exercise of Will's influence (buying David's vote for a favour) and b) the knowledge that she'd been hired at the expense of a more qualified candidate, a "Martha."

Edited by Blue32, Oct 23, 2011 @ 9:54 PM.

L star

L star

Fanatic

Posted Oct 23, 2011 @ 9:51 PM

I loved this. Except David Lee, what the hell? I love him when he's being a snarky cold bastard, not a straight up asshole. I didn't mind all the nepotism stuff but that scene in Alicia's office was just uncalled for.

That said, I loved the end of that storyline. So Alicia was a Caitlin. I always wondered about how she got hired. I love that they set it up so that it was revealed that Will both came through for her and screwed her over. I think the fact that he was honest about it though went a long way for Alicia. I loved his final 'Caitlins can surprise you' just because I like watching him be sweet to her.

I loved the scene with Alicia and Grace. I actually loved them both in that scene. Grace broke my heart completely (I've been that little girl) but I loved that Alicia didn't fold. She parented. I didn't mind the tutor this ep either because I think they are finally showing her point. It's not about the dance videos it's about how inappropriate it is for Grace to be a part of it.

As for the case, does this mean Colin Sweeney gets to come back? Please? His relationship with Alicia is so awesome and creepy. I loved every scene with him.

I didn't mind Celeste at all. The drinking scene was gold. So I'm assuming she'll be back. Hopefully more like this than last week. I think she got under Alicia's skin but I don't think she did as much damage as she intended. I think at the end Alicia was thinking less 'OMG he disappointed me just like she said' and more 'what is the cost of his commitment?' Will always comes through for her but that doesn't mean it comes free. And it's been two years? Three? since this happened. I think she understood and is grateful but the whole thing makes her uncomfortable.

Tonight was the first episode they said she wasn't.

She told Owen last week she went to University of Chicago.

Just my opinion, but I think that she'd assumed that Will had put in a good word for her, in some vague general sense of talking up her good qualities. It was the combination of two things that must have been the blow: a) the revelation of the precise mechanics of the exercise of Will's influence (buying David's vote for a favour) and b) the knowledge that she'd been hired at the expense of a more qualified candidate, a "Martha."

Wasn't that what she was told? Or at least implied? Either way, ITA. Like I said I think she's grateful because she needed the job and he really came through for her but that doesn't mean she's comfortable with this revelation. It reminded me of everything that happened with Eli honestly and her reactions.

Edited by L star, Oct 23, 2011 @ 9:54 PM.

Cress

Cress

Stalker

Posted Oct 23, 2011 @ 9:53 PM

I really don't like the tutor storyline. And I thought Grace did have friends. What happened to that Christian girl who got her into praying? Grace is too strange and needy.

Cary's machinations were puzzling. He said he was going to talk to Peter about the Sweeny deal, but instead he just chatted with the AUSA, then came back and pretended that Peter had told him about Donny Pike. Wasn't that a risk for him to go out on his own like that? What if Peter hadn't agreed with him? Does he want to risk pissing of his boss like that?

possibilities

possibilities

Stalker

Posted Oct 23, 2011 @ 9:55 PM

I was half expecting Alicia to add "I don't want him killed because it would ruin our case"

I was shocked when she didn't say it. I also was shocked that Celeste didn't say it, and that it wasn't a pre-arranged agreement between the two of them, that Alicia would play good cop to Celeste's bad cop, to persuade the guy to take the deal.

Also, won't he get killed once he's released from prison? Are they putting him in protective custody? It will be well-known who snitched, and the relevant parties still have connections on the outside.

Still, the creepiest character had to make his appearance in time for Halloween.

It suddenly occurred to me, mid-episode, that the creepiness of Grace and her tutor was set up to highlight the un-professionalism of Alicia with her boss.

I thought Mackenzie did a good acting job with Grace. Her character is perfectly annoying in the most exquisitely accurate way.

stealinghome

stealinghome

Stalker

Posted Oct 23, 2011 @ 10:10 PM

I loved this. Except David Lee, what the hell? I love him when he's being a snarky cold bastard, not a straight up asshole. I didn't mind all the nepotism stuff but that scene in Alicia's office was just uncalled for.

ITA. At the same time, I do understand the need to show his claws, and the Caitlin stuff sets up an interesting dynamic with Alicia's divorce case. If she feels she can't trust David Lee, might she be less willing to pursue a divorce? As a storyline, this could tie into Eli's desire to keep the Florricks together....

I really don't like the tutor storyline. And I thought Grace did have friends. What happened to that Christian girl who got her into praying? Grace is too strange and needy.

I think Grace's friend-hopping is symptomatic of her incessant search for self. The problem is that at that age, what peers are most attracted to (even if they're not conscious of it) is confidence, someone who has a solid sense of self.

Edited by stealinghome, Oct 23, 2011 @ 10:11 PM.

Maxymama

Maxymama

Stalker

Posted Oct 23, 2011 @ 10:14 PM

I don't think the writers think she's cool either. It's two weird, lonely girls bonding because they're weird and lonely.

Super thumbs up for bringing back Sweeny's prosecutor.

I want to know the story of the $45,000 and I don't think Cuddy was just yanking Alicia's chain.

Alicia is too smart to disregard advice about money and Peter. Her reactions make no sense to me and seem out of character.

Edited by Maxymama, Oct 23, 2011 @ 10:27 PM.

voiceover

voiceover

Fanatic

Posted Oct 23, 2011 @ 10:21 PM

That dumb little tutor twerp saying "Because I like [doing the vids]" in response to Alicia's query, was sadly familiar...I'm a professor who has listened to students answer questions with the same total lack of self-awareness. I always wanna slap them, too.

ETA: And she's 22? how did I miss that? Even creepier. And Grace's whining lost what little sympathy I had.

Edited by voiceover, Oct 23, 2011 @ 10:41 PM.

SanLynn

SanLynn

Fanatic

Posted Oct 23, 2011 @ 10:31 PM

Eli's realization during his meeting with Donna Brazile that his irresistible force (his drive to advance Peter's political career) had just met an immovable object (the rumours about the dissolution of Peter and Alicia's relationship) was great. Eli looked as if he was about to cry.

This scene was great. I loved Eli still trying to salvage something by promising that Peter and Alicia would be together so he could get the key-note consideration. Just one question Eli? How do you expect to pull THAT one off!

I love a good David Lee sighting and this was an interesting little subplot. I liked that it ended up going somewhere and wasn't just an Alicia gets put in her place plot like most shows tend to do. It actually had a further reaching purpose and that's always a good thing.

As much as Celeste annoys me, her ending that hiring argument with "Let's get a drink" and the entire bar scene made me like her, if only a little.

Another solid episode.

Blue32

Blue32

Fanatic

Posted Oct 23, 2011 @ 10:33 PM

Alicia is too smart to disregard advice about money and Peter. Her reactions make no sense to me and seem out of character.

It made sense to me. She probably thinks that between David Lee and herself, she's been the one who's been married to Peter all this time and therefore is a better judge of his priorities/predictor of his future actions.

I'd be surprised if Peter were to make a claim for spousal support against Alicia, though, even if it was just a naked power move designed to make her life miserable. I doubt his ego would permit it. Either way, I think Alicia will regret not paying attention to David Lee's more general warning about Peter, that he would come after her with everything he had.

I loved Eli still trying to salvage something by promising that Peter and Alicia would be together so he could get the key-note consideration. Just one question Eli? How do you expect to pull THAT one off!

Step One, I'm sure, involves cajoling (or, failing that, strongarming) Alicia into resuming the appearance of a happy relationship with Peter. This may involve somehow getting Alicia to move in with Peter again, although I don't know how Eli would manage to pull that off. He's actually been pretty respectful of Alicia's separation so far, so I was a little surprised (and put off, to be honest) to see him make that ridiculous guarantee to Donna Brazile.

Edited by Blue32, Oct 23, 2011 @ 10:42 PM.

kingfisher

kingfisher

Video Archivist

Posted Oct 23, 2011 @ 10:39 PM

I want to know the story of the $45,000 and I don't think Cuddy was just yanking Alicia's chain.

Missed that... what was that about?

I like David Lee when he was snarking about other people/things but now that he's figuratively slapped Alicia down, I find that I don't enjoy him so much, lol, but it did lead to that great scene between her and Will.

Is that AUSA just going to keep hangin' around waiting for a story line? Because I think Cuddy just stole her minutes; a complete turnaround from last week's unevenness.

ScienceGirl12

ScienceGirl12

Video Archivist

Posted Oct 23, 2011 @ 10:39 PM

Another very good episode! Colin Sweeney is possibly the best of the recurring guest stars (I also enjoy Patti Nyholm, so I guess it's a tough call); glad he's out of jail and can continue to pop and be creepy from time to time. As always, I wasn't entirely sure what he was up to - in fact, I thought he may be totally unhelpful at the end for the actual airplane case.

Continue to not get the point of Cary's character...how the hell does he have so much power at the SA's office? And what was the point of the AUSA personal life questioning followed by putting forth a deal without first clearing it with Peter?

Agree Cress - I thought Grace DID have friends? Acting is good, but story doesn't quite work for me - I don't get why Grace would want to hang out with a 20+ year old nor why she would want to film odd videos to post on the internet.

I know we all kinda love David Lee, but he's still a saavy, sneaky dude. Hilarious snark can't hide that. In past episodes, his character has made it VERY clear that he knows why Alicia is where she's at. As uncomfortable as it was to watch, I really liked the Alicia/David Lee/Will storyline. On the one hand, I'm with a lot of you guys - Alicia had to know, deep down, that Will got her the job. She also knew in season 1 that Cary was in a much better position to retain the job than she was (and she felt guilt for securing the associate position over him by simply bringing over Eli) and that Will was really her only advocate. I think though that thinking you know something is different from being explicitly told something. I give Will a lot of credit for ultimately being honest with her, although I do think her initial feeling concurs with what she's heard from Celeste about Will always disappointing. Also, how many times does Alicia have to hear from others about how smitten (good word use by Celeste) Will is and about how Will has gone to bat for her (because, really, she and we all knew she couldn't have been that appealing of a job candidate with 15 years off the law circuit) before she really GETS that he's serious about her?

To whoever pointed out that "Caitlin" was from Mad Men, thanks - I was wondering why she looked so familiar! Honestly, she and Martha seemed fairly equivalently qualified but Caitlin seemed more obnoxious somehow...or less sincere maybe? Oh wells, should be an interesting plotline.

How is Eli going to rope in Alicia to be together with Peter? And I'm really glad SOMEBODY pointed out that word is getting around that Peter and Alicia are separated...given all the media attention Peter faced the first two seasons, I've found it somewhat implausible that nobody would have realized by now that he's living separately from his wife, who basically secured him the win to begin with.

Edited by ScienceGirl12, Oct 23, 2011 @ 10:46 PM.

Anisel

Anisel

Video Archivist

Posted Oct 23, 2011 @ 10:43 PM

Loved this episode.

I couldn't stand Celeste in the two previous episodes, but I liked her here. I still don't want her as a regular.

voiceover

voiceover

Fanatic

Posted Oct 23, 2011 @ 10:45 PM

The opposing counsel (Aaron Staton) is one of the original ad guys at Sterling Cooper from Mad Men...Anna Camp ("Caitlin") had a bigger role in True Blood.

Edited by voiceover, Oct 23, 2011 @ 10:51 PM.

Maxymama

Maxymama

Stalker

Posted Oct 23, 2011 @ 10:49 PM

Missed that... what was that about?

When Alicia and Celeste (Cuddy) went drinking, Celeste said something like, "Naaah, I'm not going to tell you any bad stories about Will because I like you... Besides it was only $45,000. And he put it back."

Edited by Maxymama, Oct 23, 2011 @ 10:50 PM.

Binks

Binks

Fanatic

Posted Oct 23, 2011 @ 11:11 PM

She also knew in season 1 that Cary was in a much better position to retain the job than she was (and she felt guilt for securing the associate position over him by simply bringing over Eli)

Cary was in a better position based on ability to be a work horse but that isn't what keeps people advancing in firms. You have to be a rainmaker and Alicia brought in a big account. I know she felt guilty at first and Cary whined at first but I hope and think she at least got over the guilt. The way she got to stay on while Cary was let go was entirely legitimate. Cary continuing to hold a grudge for it, especially considering his dad was an attorney, always seemed naive to me. If he was the one to bring in the big account he would have kept the job. After all money talks

As for how that relates to the revelation tonight Alicia was naive to not think Will had his finger on the scale to get her the initial position against some other attorney they were considering hiring but she has appointed herself well for the firm since then which is why she go the nod to stay on instead of Cary. She has done a good job and as I said above more importantly she brought in a huge account (that also led to more accounts being brought in) at a time when the firm was struggling. Rainmakers will advance but rainmakers in tough times especially have an edge

Edited by Binks, Oct 23, 2011 @ 11:22 PM.

milner

milner

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 23, 2011 @ 11:14 PM

Carey wasn't the Martha to Alicia's Caitlin was he? They are referring to her initial hiring right?

kingfisher

kingfisher

Video Archivist

Posted Oct 23, 2011 @ 11:16 PM

Thanks Maxymama. Lets hope we hear that story.