T-Dog: Please Give This Man a Storyline

• Please log in to reply

256 replies to this topic

fortesmtng

fortesmtng

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 10, 2012 @ 4:11 PM

Maybe he was hoping that Lori would "accidentally" fall out? You know, all the benefits of stopping and letting her out without any of the guilt.

Doom

Doom

Stalker

Posted Jul 7, 2012 @ 8:32 PM

Cute pic with a fan. On the WD marathon earlier, they had a little segment with him and Chris Hardwick. T-Dog had on some hard welder-like gloves, and he was joking back and forth with Hardwick. I think TPTB may finally be promoting his character up a level and we may get more T-Dog content in S3! IronE Singleton sure seems like a fun guy.

Pandora3

Pandora3

Video Archivist

Posted Jul 8, 2012 @ 9:02 AM

I could swear his arms look bigger in those Talking Dead preview blurbs, like he's been hitting the gym. With Jon Bernthal gone the guys left are decidedly on the wiry, rangy side. I wouldn't mind a little balance in the eye candy department. And maybe it's a sign he'll be getting more screen time.

Doom

Doom

Stalker

Posted Aug 6, 2012 @ 4:38 PM

IronE Singleton is having the #TDogsNextLine Twitter Contest to win Walking Dead prizes.

BeeBee1000

BeeBee1000

Just Tuned In

Posted Aug 31, 2012 @ 3:09 AM

I have a feeling that T-Dog is going to die this season. Merle's coming back and T-Dog was hardly shown in the trailer. T-Dog is doomed...

captnamerca

captnamerca

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 31, 2012 @ 8:48 AM

Maybe T-Dog realizes that hanging out with these crazy-ass people is going to get him killed, and he splits.

captnamerca

captnamerca

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 15, 2012 @ 1:35 PM

I noticed everyone has gotten a little scruffier over the winter, except for T-Dog. Maybe that's what he's doing most of the time, personal grooming.

He's probably the only one without lice.

Pale Meow

Pale Meow

Video Archivist

Posted Oct 15, 2012 @ 2:46 PM

Are we still adding to our list of T-Dog facts? We learned last night that T-Dog is the person in the group most aware of the importance of clean water. He brought up water-related issues twice.

captnamerca

captnamerca

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 15, 2012 @ 2:53 PM

Yes, and he gets very exuberant after clearing the yard of walkers

T-Dog Facts

T-Dog's name is Theodore Douglas
T-Dog doesn't like to waste ammo sniping zombies from a rooftop while high on meth.
T-Dog is compassionate enough to try and rescue a jerk from being handcuffed zombie food.
T-Dog is sensible enough to not get him self killed trying to rescue a jerk from being handcuffed zombie food.
T-Dog willl still lock the door behind him when he bails out.
T-Dog makes a believable sniper.
T-Dog enjoys a good hot shower
T-Dog craves nicotine on occasion.
T-Dog gets a little paranoid around white people when he gets sick.
T-Dog appreciates you keeping that part to yourself.
T-Dog thinks your stupid plan to hoist a bloated zombie out of your well is stupid.
T-Dog knows that zombies don't like no canned hams.
T-Dog will accept a peach if you offer it to him.
T-Dog picks up on it when you act weird around him.
T-Dog wants you to knock off that gangster shit.
T-Dog shaves every day. Every. Day.
T-Dog's arm contains more blood than the average human being.
T-Dog does not wrangle zombies, he kills them.
T-Dog can hit the broad side of a barn.
T-Dog doesn't waste time looking for weapons in a zombie emergency, he uses his shoes.
T-Dog can spot a blindfolded kid in a truck from a short distance.
T-Dog wants to post a guard. (Yes, even on a magic zombie-proof farm)
T-Dog will get the shotgun.
When T-Dog is interrupted, he's polite enough to let it slide.
T-Dog will help a pregnant woman move her stuff into the house.
T-Dog realizes the need for a gameplan.
T-Dog wanted to head to the coast.
T-Dog won't let a selfish demanding shrew jump out of a moving truck...but he'll think about it for a second.
T-Dog knows the importance of clean water. He will go get it.
T-Dog makes a good doorstop.

Pale Meow

Pale Meow

Video Archivist

Posted Oct 15, 2012 @ 4:02 PM

I suspect that the actor has found this thread. Check this out: http://www.youtube.c...Gmx4gBA#t=4m45s
"T-Dog just wants to relax."

Zyx

Zyx

Video Archivist

Posted Oct 16, 2012 @ 4:41 PM

I think a big problem with their development of T-Dog is that they haven't given him any relationships. I mean not just no romantic relationship but also no friendships, no family. How the audience learns about characters is through their conversations and interactions with others. So, unless the writers give him a soliloquy, the audience doesn't have much opportunity to find out what's he thinking or his opinions. The guy seriously needs some kind of connection to other people - a person he cares about, a friend, a girlfriend, a long-lost cousin...

I can see why he would be wary and distrustful of Daryl and small-town cop Rick, but maybe the writers could pry Glenn from Maggie's arms long enough for a bonding scene between him and T-Dog.

Doom

Doom

Stalker

Posted Oct 16, 2012 @ 6:46 PM

but maybe the writers could pry Glenn from Maggie's arms long enough for a bonding scene between him and T-Dog.

Or really, spend less time on Carl and Lori, even Hershel. There is no way in hell a main character who has been in nearly episode should be at this point with us not having heard a single thing about a mother, a father, a sister, a brother, other loved ones, a girlfriend, a wife, a son, a daughter, something! They have given other characters like 5 different sides - emotional, dangerous, happy, scared, reflective. They've given them flashbacks and allowed them to sit and tell stories of their loved ones, how they died. Hell, we know more about Jenner than we do T-Dog! It is ridiculous. Give us some time with the man where we get to know him. Come on writers!

fortesmtng

fortesmtng

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 16, 2012 @ 7:07 PM

I'm holding out hope that T Dog is actually the father of Lori's baby. It would give him a story line and shake up the rest of the group something fierce. There is no chance this will happen, of course, but it makes me happy to think about it.

Doom

Doom

Stalker

Posted Oct 16, 2012 @ 7:14 PM

Damnit! I guess great minds think alike. I'd actually been wanting to post that since Sunday but kept forgetting. Now I look like I stole your joke.

fortesmtng

fortesmtng

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 16, 2012 @ 7:19 PM

On the contrary, I feel quite validated now. Your posts are so humorous and spot-on I'm a little proud that we had the same idea. That makes two votes for T Pup.

Pale Meow

Pale Meow

Video Archivist

Posted Oct 16, 2012 @ 10:18 PM

I think Zyx makes an excellent point. We had a scene last season where he confided in Dale, but beyond that we haven't really seen him relate to people one-on-one. If the writers decide that T-Dog hasn't really bonded with anyone or established any friendships, then it could be interesting to explore why that is. Maybe he has... a SECRET!

JOnanGoopta

JOnanGoopta

Fanatic

Posted Oct 16, 2012 @ 11:23 PM

I love the list of things we do know about T-Dog, although it is too short. That's basically everything we know about him even though he is a character who has been in basically every episode.

My favorite T-Dog line remains "Good thing we didn't do something stupid like shoot it" from the well walker episode. Someone capable of a great laconic line like that deserves more great laconic lines.

Edited by JOnanGoopta, Oct 16, 2012 @ 11:25 PM.

Cynic

Cynic

Fanatic

Posted Oct 16, 2012 @ 11:35 PM

I'm holding out hope that T Dog is actually the father of Lori's baby. It would give him a story line and shake up the rest of the group something fierce. There is no chance this will happen, of course, but it makes me happy to think about it.

I'd like to think that Theodore (I hate his nickname) has better taste than to sleep with Lori.

captnamerca

captnamerca

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 17, 2012 @ 1:41 PM

I think I'm going to start a TDogFacts Twitter and post these occasionally.

Let's see if we can get T-Dog into cult favorite status like Daryl. At least give him a fighting chance to last the season.

Doom

Doom

Stalker

Posted Oct 17, 2012 @ 1:51 PM

IronE is pretty active on Twitter too, he'll probably retweet things you tweet at him.

captnamerca

captnamerca

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 17, 2012 @ 1:54 PM

Done.

Follow us (this is a community effort, really) @TDogFacts

Pale Meow

Pale Meow

Video Archivist

Posted Oct 17, 2012 @ 3:06 PM

Once again, I feel like the actor has discovered us. Here is a quote from the article linked here: http://www.atlantama...ntryID=10450459

"T-Dog wants no part of Merle."

I think we can add that to our list.

Edited by Pale Meow, Oct 17, 2012 @ 3:08 PM.

captnamerca

captnamerca

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 17, 2012 @ 3:13 PM

Good find, PM

Mathilda

Mathilda

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 17, 2012 @ 6:37 PM

Oh God, that TDogFacts Twitter is great!

He really should get more screentime. And also not die.

Asari

Asari

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 22, 2012 @ 12:28 AM

More T-Dog facts:

T-Dog knows they ain't men, they're something else.

T-Dog has a word of advice.

Pale Meow

Pale Meow

Video Archivist

Posted Oct 22, 2012 @ 12:56 AM

I just logged in to my long-neglected Twitter account just so I could follow TDogFacts. What a great idea. I hope it goes viral (no pun intended).

Also, here's another one for the list, which I just tweeted: "T-Dog's got this."

Technically he said "We've got this", but I prefer to think that he was using the royal we.

captnamerca

captnamerca

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 23, 2012 @ 7:27 AM

I had to re-post this gem from lawless way back from Season 2. Still cracks me up.

The Diary of Theodore Douglas, circa 90 days post walker apocalypse:

Dear Diary,

O Diary! How difficult it is to continue to hold my tongue as I watch my companions engage in ever more foolish shenanigans. As I have written often, I speak as little as possible so as to prevent their discovery of my English heritage, and Oxford scholarship. It seems my efforts to elocute with an appropriate regional accent and dialect, and to conceal my education and breeding from these Neanderthals, have been successful, but it grows ever more diffucult. I doubted my decision early on, but I believe I was quite right to hide my true identity so as to avoid the class resentment and xenophobia against Europeans for which these American "rednecks" are infamous. My earlier attempt to broach their coarser tendencies with the older, hirsute gentleman named Dale was not successful. I admit I am thwarted by my ruse, as it severely limits my communication capabilities. I hoped to establish a rapport with Dale such that I might gently reveal the truth (and my accent), but alas I was rebuffed and was not able to find another opportunity. Some time ago I nearly slipped and gave myself away during a pistolry lesson, but I managed to divert their attention by instructing a young man to "knock off that gangster stuff." I don't really know what that means, but the phrase came unbidden and I uttered it. Fortunately, it was successful, and they appear none the wiser. However, the experience was frightening and I have resorted to saying as little as possible, unless I must speak to prevent these fools from overlooking critical developments around the camp.

Oh dear, there is quite a commotion in a field near our camp. I must sign off for the evening -- until later, dear diary, until later.

T. Douglas

Edited by captnamerca, Oct 23, 2012 @ 7:29 AM.

Jporr0121

Jporr0121

Loyal Viewer

Posted Oct 23, 2012 @ 7:56 AM

I'm not sure if this should go in the "Speculation WITHOUT Spoilers" thread, but since it concern T-Dog, I'll put it here for now.

I'm seriously concerned that when Merle comes across the group, he's going to kill T-Dog. Or at least try to kill him. It would make sense, but it would also bum me out SO much! My only hope is that they won't kill him off because he's so under-developed, so they think most people won't care too much... but I think a lot of people would care, including myself, and that's what scares me!

captnamerca

captnamerca

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 23, 2012 @ 8:14 AM

Woohoo!

Its official: T-Dog knows we exist.

IronE Singleton ‏@ironesingleton
T-Dog: Please Give This Man a Storyline - http://forums.televi...owtopic=3209282 Very intriguing and quite hilarious! I'm humbled and thankful. I love you!

HWavoidance

HWavoidance

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 23, 2012 @ 8:49 AM

My only hope is that they won't kill him off because he's so under-developed, so they think most people won't care too much... but I think a lot of people would care, including myself, and that's what scares me!

We need a "Save T-Dog!" campaign. I'm sure Rick has to be safe, since I doubt the showrunners would willingly shift protagonists, but besides him, T-Dog, Daryl, Glenn, or Michonne dying would be the end-all for me. I would miss Carol and Hershel, but they wouldn't be deal-breakers for me. Everyone else is expendable. Plus I like the Rick/Daryl/T-Dog trifecta they've got going this season. If Daryl is Rick's lieutenant, then I would say T is their captain. So far T is a well of untapped potential, and I really like Iron-E as an actor, so I hope he gets more and more meat added to his character this season.