Rebekah: Don't Call Her a Brat

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

57 replies to this topic

redbudrose

redbudrose

Fanatic

Posted May 4, 2012 @ 11:27 AM

Over the season, she has grown on me a lot. I hope they don't kill her off and at least keep her around as a recurring character. I think she is someone that Damon could have an actual, real relationship with and be in love. I would love to see that explored, if they could forget the trying to kill/torture each other bit.

Ace Reject

Ace Reject

Loyal Viewer

Posted Oct 11, 2012 @ 10:35 PM

I found her extremely childish when she first appeared, but she has definitely grown on me. Of the original siblings she sits a comfortable 3rd place. Elijah (pre-Elena fascination) and psychotic Kol are above her.

Fable

Fable

Fanatic

Posted Oct 11, 2012 @ 10:44 PM

I like Rebekah. I thought her scenes tonight were especially good. At first we see her mocking Elena and hoping for her death, but I thought she was genuinely touched by the show of emotion between Elena and Stefan, and it seems to me, she set up that instance where the guard (or whatever he was) came in so Elena could get the blood she needed to survive. Klaus is so awful to her, even though she is really the only person that has been there for him most of the time. I truly hope she gets away from him and bonds more with the scoobies (I hate that term, but I'm not sure what else to use right now).

katsullivan

katsullivan

Video Archivist

Posted Oct 12, 2012 @ 9:46 AM

She did set up the guard so that Elena could feed. I really felt bad about Klaus being awful to her, too. And I thought it was hilarious that Damon tried to stake her. Of course, she didn't just rip out his heart with one hand...

ladyrott

ladyrott

Stalker

Posted Oct 12, 2012 @ 11:36 AM

I felt bad for her in the scene with Klaus, too. It's obvious that she loves her brother and she is so right that she has always been there for him (except when he was keeping her locked away in a coffin). I am not sure I want her hanging with the gang, though. I think I would rather she go find Elijah, tell him what Klaus did to her, and spend some time with the rest of her family as they hunt down Klaus and kick his ass for hurting baby sister.

scarlett45

scarlett45

Fanatic

Posted Oct 12, 2012 @ 1:08 PM

I felt bad for her in the scene with Klaus, too. It's obvious that she loves her brother and she is so right that she has always been there for him (except when he was keeping her locked away in a coffin). I am not sure I want her hanging with the gang, though. I think I would rather she go find Elijah, tell him what Klaus did to her, and spend some time with the rest of her family as they hunt down Klaus and kick his ass for hurting baby sister.

I agree. I never saw an incestous vibe between Rebecca/Klaus. I saw a woman that idolized her big brother and was HEARTBROKEN that he used and mistreated her like everyone else. She sacrificed so much for him and for what? He was never as devoted to her, he daggered her like everyone else!

One thing I love about this show are the family relationships. Not every female/male relationship has to be sexual. I cheered when she smashed his blood bags.

shadowguy

shadowguy

Video Archivist

Posted Oct 12, 2012 @ 9:10 PM

Yeah, it was great when she destoryed the blood bags. FINALLY that never-ending dumb plotline from season three is over with!

TWoP Howard

TWoP Howard

Stalker

• Interests:If you have a question for me, please use the Messenger/PM system to do that rather than leaving a question on this page (unless youíre a Just Tuned In, who wonít be able to use it until youíve made ten posts). Thanks!

Posted Oct 12, 2012 @ 9:55 PM

I know! I kind of didn't believe it even when I saw it.

I, too, have had a soft spot for Rebekah, even at her worst. She's not #1 in anyone's lifeónot her mother, nor any of her brothers, and certainly not Klaus, her favorite. She's the afterthought, or a tool to be used.

doram

doram

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 13, 2012 @ 10:22 AM

I think her mother cared for Rebekah. I found Esther a very sympathetic villain and I was never quite sure how or rather why I was supposed to regard her as the Big Bad. The conversation between mother and daughter when Rebekah is crying that she has been miserable for a thousand years and Esther says, "I know. I have watched you for a thousand years. I heard you every time you cried yourself to sleep calling my name." and Rebekah says, "So why do you want to kill me?" and Esther says, "because it shouldn't have been for a thousand years. No one should live that long. In my selfish desire to protect my children, I cursed them and cursed the world." I think Esther did care for her children deeply, and Rebekah in particular.

Ace Reject

Ace Reject

Loyal Viewer

Posted Oct 25, 2012 @ 8:35 PM

Rebecca was all kinds of amazing tonight. Loved watching her torment Elena, especially at the party when she stole her ring. Elena withering in the corner was all kinds of pathetic, while watching Becca throw it down the drain.

This is the Rebecca that I wanted to see, when she was introduced to us and fingers-crossed that she doesn't revert back to her boring old self.

Trooper6

Trooper6

Video Archivist

Posted Oct 25, 2012 @ 10:52 PM

I like Rebekah...I have quite a bit of sympathy for her. She acts out in unfortunate ways, but I feel for her. I'd like to see her with someone who loves her...I think that would help her become a better...um..vampire.

Maybe Matt?

gingercharm21

gingercharm21

Couch Potato

• Interests:Reading, writing, and running

Posted Oct 25, 2012 @ 10:55 PM

Maybe Matt?

I think Matt is forever hung up on Elena, if not Elena he'll go to Caroline.

Rebekah was so damn good tonight, loved seeing her own Elena's sorry ass at every turn. Only thing I didn't like was when she was so pitiful near Matt at school

ladyrott

ladyrott

Stalker

Posted Oct 29, 2012 @ 3:48 PM

Rebekah was so damn good tonight, loved seeing her own Elena's sorry ass at every turn. Only thing I didn't like was when she was so pitiful near Matt at school

Amen to that! Rebekah is beautiful and powerful...she really needs to quit acting pathetic around Matt. Yes, he is cute, but surely to God there are other cute boys in the school that she can start crushing on. She is the best of the Originals, IMO, and I feel bad for her a lot. I want to see her get at least a LITTLE happiness in her life.

redbudrose

redbudrose

Fanatic

Posted Oct 29, 2012 @ 7:40 PM

She was great. She's one of my favorite characters. The actress does a great job of balancing her as a 1000 year old bad ass and a lonely teen age girl looking to be accepted.

katsullivan

katsullivan

Video Archivist

Posted Oct 30, 2012 @ 3:44 AM

Is someone else suffering from mood whiplash that Rebekah helped Elena to turn last episode and now she's back to being Elena's Enemy? Even if Elena's emotions are too Heightened to realize that, it was quite clear from the look Rebekah and Stephan exchanged that they had set up the guard together. Why doesn't he thank her for that? In fact Elena's precious Damon should be a little bit more thankful to Rebekah.

ladyrott

ladyrott

Stalker

Posted Oct 30, 2012 @ 12:58 PM

I am not sure Elena even realizes that Rebekah helped Stefan with that guard. She was pretty out of it by that time, after all. Plus, even if she did realize it, she would probably say that Rebekah only did it to save her own ass (not that that makes any sense).

Rebekah and Caroline might make for an interesting pair/friendship. Rebekah reminds me of the pre-vamping Caroline sometimes.

Nata7

Nata7

Channel Surfer

Posted Nov 2, 2012 @ 9:08 AM

Rebekah is by far the most interesting female character throughout the show. They keep torturing her by not giving her any emotional stability at all but i think she deserves it!
The writers make her look pathetic when she should obviously be very powerful! I just hope they wont destroy her character by getting her to be with boring and weak Matt .
Actually i think Rebekah needs to find love in another female character. April maybe? And dont say that she is only 16, how old was Elena when she met Stefan?

Izeinwinter

Izeinwinter

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 2, 2012 @ 3:51 PM

I am seeing a lot of groundwork for an April/Rebekah romance being laid. It is possible I am imagining things, but there are a bunch of hints - Aprils strained relationship with her preacher father, the highly convenient timing of Stefan butting in on April and Rebekah's conversation. I suspect April was about to confess an overwhelming lack of interest in boys in response to Rebekah calling dibs.
And their interactions have a.. warmth? April acts like she has a crush. Not in a romantic comedy or epic love story way, but.. Always happy to see Rebekah and doing nice things unprompted. It is very cute.

Edited by Izeinwinter, Nov 2, 2012 @ 3:52 PM.

ladyrott

ladyrott

Stalker

Posted Nov 2, 2012 @ 3:58 PM

I really wouldn't mind a nice lesbian couple on this show. Rebekah/April would be cute (providing someone gets that damn dagger out of Rebekah AGAIN). It would show us another side to Rebekah, too, which I am all for.

pjamma

pjamma

Stalker

Posted Nov 3, 2012 @ 9:13 PM

The more I think about it the more I want Rebekah to take the cure and turn human. All she really wants to be is a real girl. As I mentioned in the episode thread, I would like Matt to help her adjust to being superpower free and April be there as her real friend. I would love for her and Matt to fall in non-compelled love, go to the prom, be prom king/queen and be happy. Worst case she dies at the prom but is content that she finally got to experience what she has been looking for after a 1000 years. Better, though, plot wise, Klaus would turn her back into a vampire as she is dying, compel Matt to forget the relationship and she kills Klause for taking her only true love away.

Limber

Limber

Fanatic

Posted Nov 4, 2012 @ 9:16 PM

Poor Rebekah, she really needs to ditch her brothers and all of this vampire nonsense. Even though I kind of hate her for being shallow as a puddle much of the time, I can now see why that happens - every time she opens up to anyone at all, they dagger her! Elena, Klaus, Hunter boyfriend, and now (indirectly) Stefan? Good lord.

I don't know how, but I want her to succeed. In love or in escaping her family or something. Or she can just take off on her own and travel, but this craving for emotional attachment and constant rejection has stopped me from finding her pathetic and now I'm just sort of heartbroken for her.

katsullivan

katsullivan

Video Archivist

Posted Nov 5, 2012 @ 2:46 AM

I don't want Rebekah to die. I want her to become human, hook up with April and go and live out their lives somewhere far, far, far way from Mystic Falls. Somewhere where they can be legally married and have as many babies as they want.

confuzzled21

confuzzled21

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 9, 2013 @ 2:07 AM

How is it that I like Rebekah more than the supposed lead female special snowflake that is Elena?

Tweeky

Tweeky

Video Archivist

• Interests:Sci-Fi TV shows and films, Sci-Fi books such as Star Trek and Star Wars, reading Sci-Fi fanfic and BtVS fanfic

Posted Feb 15, 2013 @ 6:30 PM

You know it would be nice if Rebekah was turned human and i'd like to see her hook up with Matt (Who as we all know is quite the gentleman), graduate together, go to university, get married and make a mini-donovan or three. On the downside of that though is poor Rebekah would be saddled with Kelly Donovan as a mother-in-law. Anyway would anybody else agree with me that Rebekah doesn't just have the hots for Matt (I'm quite sure she'd love to introduce him to the joys of hot vampire-sex:-)) but is actually smitten with him? I mean look at that trippy werewolf-venom induced hallucination she had of Matt when she had that big piss-up at her house.

scarynikki12

scarynikki12

Fanatic

Posted Feb 15, 2013 @ 7:01 PM

Won't happen since Claire has been added to the cast of the spinoff. Becks will likely remain a vampire.

Tweeky

Tweeky

Video Archivist

• Interests:Sci-Fi TV shows and films, Sci-Fi books such as Star Trek and Star Wars, reading Sci-Fi fanfic and BtVS fanfic

Posted Feb 15, 2013 @ 7:08 PM

That's a pity because I like the idea of a Mabekah pairing.

KaterinaPetrova

KaterinaPetrova

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 24, 2013 @ 11:40 AM

Won't happen since Claire has been added to the cast of the spinoff. Becks will likely remain a vampire.

And even if she doesn't remain a vampire she'll still go to another show and any pairing between characters of two different shows seems unlikely to me. Pity, I would have loved Rebekah and April to get together.

After all Rebekah has lived for centuries so I doubt that gender or conventions matter all that much to her and the way April had reacted to Elena holding her hand had made me thought she might be a lesbian or bisexual. I would have loved for them to happen because can you imagine Matt's reaction to that? *evil laugh* He would be all "WHAT?! No, you are supposed to be in love with me!" and then April could tell him that actually when she looked at him in the Mystic Grill she wasn't thinking that he was hot like Rebekah thought but that he was a jerk since he had been awful to her and made her feel the need to say that she wasn't all alone, that it wasn't like she hadn't made any friends and she was waiting in fact for her friend and when Rebekah assumed that she had a crush on Matt she was surprised because why would Rebehah be interested in such a jerk and also jealous becauseshe is in love with Rebekah. (That's how I was interpretating that scene and I was very disappointed when they made the Mystic Fall dance thing in which April seemed interested in Matt. *sigh* Huh, the show seemed to be making another love traingle between Jeremy/April/Matt back then but then Jeremy was killed off so what was the point of all that?)

Edited by KaterinaPetrova, Mar 24, 2013 @ 11:41 AM.

RachelKM

RachelKM

Fanatic

Posted Mar 25, 2013 @ 1:45 AM

After all Rebekah has lived for centuries so I doubt that gender or conventions matter all that much to her....

While I have ship April and Rebekah a bit myself and have definitely seen what could be vibes on April's part and maybe even some from Rebekah (though less so), I'm not so sure I agree with this bit. On the one hand, I could see someone who has lived as long as Rebekah has being completely fluid with her sexuality. However, Rebekah herself has only been overtly shown to have interest in men so far and, more pointedly, her description of the human life she dreams of sounded keenly conventional.

So even if she has some interest in women sexually, she doesn't seem to have let go of conventions at all and even may cherish them a bit.