Austin & Ally

• Please log in to reply

117 replies to this topic

glorygirl84

glorygirl84

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 5, 2013 @ 9:11 AM

That was a cute episode. It was nice to see the kids all try and do normal school stuff and Austin balance, normal life and music career. The stuff with Dez was kind of stupid but I loved that no matter how rediculos it was that Dez wanted to be a cheerleader, Austin was so sweet, supportive and proud. As much as I adore Austin/Ally and want them back together, and am bummed they do not have as many scenes together. The friendships on this show as awesome. I truely belive they all like, care, support and protect each other.

I liked Austin's proformance too but Steal your Heart remains my favorite. RL is growing into quite the cutie. That haircut he has been sporting is great.

ladyrott

ladyrott

Stalker

Posted Aug 5, 2013 @ 11:57 AM

I liked this episode, too.  I do wish they would show us more of how Austin is NOT a normal teen, though.  I mean, he is still attending the same high school, he isn't touring, we don't see fans mobbing him in the halls.  How, exactly, is his life not normal?  I would enjoy watching him deal with some of the things that do make it unusual.

spanana

spanana

Stalker

Posted Aug 5, 2013 @ 12:15 PM

I was just shocked to see them at school.  Have we ever seen them in a school setting before?  It always feels like it's perpetually summer on this show, though admittedly that might be the faux-Miami setting.

I agree though the show doesn't really do all that much to depict Austin as not-so regular teen.  Yeah, he's famous and he seems to have fans that show up at shows and drool over him like any teen idol...but at the same time none of these fans ever seem to be around in his day to day life.  He's not getting hounded at school or when he hangs with Aly and company.  He doesn't need security to go places. 

Mind you I think the show walks a fine line here because if they suddenly make Austin even remotely Bieber famous than this turns more into a Hannah Montana type show and they can't show the kids just hanging out at the music store or the mall or whatever.  But yet, when you show most people leaving Austin alone and treating him like a regular kid it just sort of reinforces the idea that he's just not that famous. 

KerleyQ

KerleyQ

Stalker

Posted Aug 5, 2013 @ 1:01 PM

I think it's kind of realistic that the kids at school don't constantly flip out - they're used to him.  The novelty wears off, and it's just "yeah, that's Austin, he's in my chem class."  I went to school with the son of a somewhat famous athlete, and when his father was around, no one flipped out and crowded around him.  I think that, in general, when someone famous is in their home town, they get left alone, to some extent, because there's no big thrill to seeing him like there is for someone outside that area.  We've seen him out of town (on the Jessie mash up show) and it seemed clear from that that he was pretty famous.  

I think the reason there was constantly a screaming horde around Hannah Montana was because there was a mystery about her - no one knew who she was, and since she didn't go out as Hannah unless she was doing a Hannah related appearance/party, you didn't run into her in line at the grocery store, or hanging out at the mall, and she wasn't the girl who's had a locker next to yours for years.  I think that, if the show had gone on beyond the reveal that Miley was Hannah, we'd have seen everyone get used to her and the hype would have worn out.  Plus, I think Hannah was at a further point in her career than where Austin is now.  Hannah was headlining her own shows, Austin seems like, even though he's getting more and more famous, he's still at an opening act level.  That seems realistic, considering that he started out seemingly unknown when the show started.  

Ally0228

Ally0228

Loyal Viewer

Posted Aug 5, 2013 @ 7:00 PM

Get away from that cheerleader, Austin. If Austin and Ally don't get back together, then I want Ally to be the one who moves on first.

KerleyQ

KerleyQ

Stalker

Posted Aug 5, 2013 @ 7:10 PM

Get away from that cheerleader, Austin. If Austin and Ally don't get back together, then I want Ally to be the one who moves on first.

I totally had a "hey, stop hitting on the cheerleader!  You love Ally!" moment there, too.  

glorygirl84

glorygirl84

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 5, 2013 @ 8:21 PM

I thought the Austin, asking out the cheerleader stuff from the episode description would inferate me but it was so minor and fleeting and he phrased it as them hanging out, that it did not bug as much,as I was fearing.

However I am so invested in the Austin/Ally relationship and want them together so much, I just do not want eaither with anyone else. I honestly cannot see it. Maybe just the shipper in me but I still read them as being in love with each other only and while they may not be together becuase of their fear of it ruining their friendship, I do not see eaither wanting to be with anyone else or moving on from each other.

It is kind of like they are on a minni break from dating but they still act as much like they did as a couple, that they may as well just get back together,

Seriously love them together. I better get a real onscreen kiss we SEE,, and them declaring their love by season's end, or I will be upset. No point dragging out the inevitable.lol...

Edited by glorygirl84, Aug 5, 2013 @ 8:23 PM.

glorygirl84

glorygirl84

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 23, 2013 @ 2:51 AM

Ugh Disney, WTF... Why do they find it nessacary to have A&A kiss but then block it out? It is frusterating esp since LM and RL have such great chemistry.

What little they did show of the kiss was pretty hot for a Disney show. They better get a real kiss in the finale, what we see the entirety of.

Dez/Trish are made of awesome together. All their scenes are so great esp their A&A inpersonation.

I do not care what show says, it is very clear that A&A are still in love and their anger at each other wanting to leave the other was deep down about them wanting to be together. Very cute.

I am looking forward to the finale.

ladyrott

ladyrott

Stalker

Posted Sep 25, 2013 @ 11:38 AM

I was pissed that Dez blocked the kiss, but I know what to expect when it comes to Disney shows.  :(  I loved that entire episode and cracked up at their "teen vampire movie" scene.  Allie was reminding me so much of Bella it was hysterical.  Austin is much better looking than Edward could ever hope to be though.  I was smiling like an idiot when they reenacted Allie's overcoming her stage fright song.  I have watched that episode so many times though, I was annoyed Allie didn't grab Austin by the arms like she did originally.  LOL  I knew they would get over their fight, but I really didn't expect the kiss so that was a nice treat for me.

I LOVE when Dez/Trish work together on anything.  I actually want the two of them to end up as a couple.  Their A&A impression was terrific.  I thought Dez did a good Austin in the Halloween episode too. 

I think the show has made it pretty clear that, although A&A still have feelings for each other, they think they work better as friends.  The episode where they were together and tried to write a song made it pretty clear that they needed to work some things out before they became a couple.  I wish we could see them talking about those things before the show puts them back together. 

ETA: Just rewatched the latest episode....I am glad Austin over his fear of  umbreallas or he would have really freaked at his concert.  I have to say, I am glad that Ally chose to stay.  Her own career should come before Austin's concert.  And I loved that Austin gave her that card.  It gives me hope for next season.  :)

Edited by ladyrott, Sep 30, 2013 @ 10:02 PM.

Magog

Magog

Fanatic

Posted Oct 5, 2013 @ 10:20 AM

Here is the promo for the next episode (3rd season premiere) that will air at the end of the month.

http://www.dis411.ne...ctober-27-2013/

ladyrott

ladyrott

Stalker

Posted Oct 5, 2013 @ 11:16 PM

So we WILL find out what is in the note.  Hurray!

Ally0228

Ally0228

Loyal Viewer

Posted Oct 6, 2013 @ 1:42 PM

I'm so glad Ally chose her career over Austin's. I really liked that even though Austin was disappointed Ally couldn't come on tour with him, he was still proud and supportive. I thought that was handled well.

I can't wait to see what's in the box. I mean, note.

Edited by Ally0228, Oct 6, 2013 @ 1:44 PM.

KerleyQ

KerleyQ

Stalker

Posted Oct 7, 2013 @ 2:48 PM

I'm so glad Ally chose her career over Austin's. I really liked that even though Austin was disappointed Ally couldn't come on tour with him, he was still proud and supportive. I thought that was handled well.

Same here. Since we'd already had a story line where she turned down the prestigious music school to stay with her friends and write songs for Austin, I feared we would get her jumping on the bus and ignoring her own opportunity.  So I was happy to see she went and did her own thing, and that it wasn't a source of conflict for them (even though we got to see how much Austin wanted her with him).  

ladyrott

ladyrott

Stalker

Posted Oct 7, 2013 @ 11:09 PM

I have to add my voice to those that were glad she chose her own career instead of Austins.  I know that, at that age, 3 months seems like an eternity to be apart, but honestly, she HAD to choose herself (even Trish realized that).  The confident Ally we have been seeing since she overcame her stage fright made the right decision for herself.  I am sure Austin undersands that a record deal isn't just offered to you every day.  You sure don't pass it up so you can spend the summer travelling with your friends.  If she were opening for Austin on the whole tour, that might have been a different story, but that just wasnt the case here.

edited because I was half asleep when I posted and there was a LOT of spelling errors

Edited by ladyrott, Oct 12, 2013 @ 2:14 PM.

glorygirl84

glorygirl84

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 11, 2013 @ 8:40 PM

I am glad Ally chose her career as well. She would have regretted giving it up and Austin would felt terrible, if Ally was unhappy. The hug was so sweet. However I am becomming more and more convinced that TPTB are no longer pushing for an Ally/Austin romance. It is too bad because they are so sweet together but they have such a great friendship, they may feel that is where they want it go. Eaither way I am looking forward to S3.

NickDisney

NickDisney

Channel Surfer

Posted Oct 12, 2013 @ 7:06 PM

Here's the promo for the Season 3 premiere on October 27th

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=fQPV5pHq0qI

ladyrott

ladyrott

Stalker

Posted Oct 12, 2013 @ 10:12 PM

Oh man, that preview looks GOOD!  Can't wait for the new episodes!

glorygirl84

glorygirl84

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 28, 2013 @ 6:30 AM

That was a good premire. I loved seeing Austin/Ally both miss each other It was nice to get to see some of Austin on tour and daily tour life with him, Trish and Dez, lol....

I thought we got to see or find out what the note said but we never did, although Austin giving Ally the plane ticket was adorable.

That reunion scene with Austin/Ally was so awesome. I swear I ship those 2 so hard. RL/LM have such great chemistry. I totally was sold on how much they missed each other and that Austin kept leaving his tour to rush to Ally was adorable. I pray they do not drag this out another season and finally let them be together, it is obvious they are more then friends. An actual on screen kiss we can see would be nice.

All in all good start and I am more excited for S3 then I was last season,

ladyrott

ladyrott

Stalker

Posted Oct 28, 2013 @ 12:55 PM

Awesome premier!  I was pretty vocal about not wanting A/A together back when the ship first started to sail, but now I am totally hooked.  I loved how both of them were imagining the other was there (Ally dancing with the delivery guy was great and, according to Lester, she was doing it every day!).  I was a little annoyed that they dragged out the wrong city/wrong airport/wrong bus thing as long as they did, but it was totally worth it in the end. 

I know it's typical Disney absent parents, but I do find it interesting that the parents of Trish, Dez and Austin had no problem with their teenagers going off unsupervised with members of the opposite sex for 3 months.  For that matter, Lester allowed Ally to also run off with no adult supervision to live on a bus with her on-again/off-again boyfriend.  I know that Austin is supposed to be a nice guy and all, but no way in hell would my teenager be doing that!  By the previews, I was expecting to find out what was in the note, but I guess finding out that he gave her a plane ticket was the best we were going to get (and how sweet was that for him to do!).  I was a little disappointed that they didn't greet one another with a kiss.  I thought for sure Ally would run into his arms and we would FINALLY get our onscreen kiss.  *pout* 

I rewatched some of the episodes leading up to the premier and I have to admit, Ross Lynch did an awesome Johnny Depp impression.  When he asked Ally about her stage fright when they were standing on the "pirate ship", he was totally channeling Jack Sparrow.  Great job, Ross!

Oh hey, did anyone else see the commercial for next week?  I swear, if we get a Dez/Trish kiss before we get an Austin/Ally kiss, I am going to be PISSED!

spanana

spanana

Stalker

Posted Oct 29, 2013 @ 12:06 AM

Yes, only on Disney and Nick shows do minors need no parental supervision when in the entertainment business whatsoever. Major label record deal? Major tour? Sure, let your teens run off for months on end by themselves. Then again, this is a show where Trish is allowed to manage Austin like it's no big deal. But of course that's all the silly stuff we are supposed to look past.

At the rate the show is going they are probably saving an Austin/Ally kiss for towards the end of the third season. Aren't the Disney shows only allowed one real kiss per season these days?

KerleyQ

KerleyQ

Stalker

Posted Oct 29, 2013 @ 9:32 AM

Aren't the Disney shows only allowed one real kiss per season these days? 

That's the rumor I've heard.  And it's pretty ridiculous when you think about it, because what's the purpose?  I assumed it was because they don't want to be a "bad influence" on the little kids and all, but then why have the ridiculous non-kisses they do?  The kids are still aware that the characters kissed.   Flashing to someone's reaction isn't wiping away the fact that kissing occurred.  Although I'll give one Disney show credit - Good Luck Charlie had an episode where they poked fun at the silliness of the rule.  Teddy and her boyfriend kissed multiple times in the episode, but every time they did, someone walked in front of them with a bunch of balloons, blocking the kiss from the camera.  It made sense the first time it happened, at an amusement park, but it also happened when they kissed on the front porch, prompting one of the characters to say "have you noticed every time we kiss, there are balloons going past us?"  

But, like I said, we're getting acknowledgment that the characters are kissing, so what's the point of not showing it?  Little kids know what a kiss is.  And a sweet, quick kiss isn't inappropriate or a bad influence.  

PrytaniaSpinster

PrytaniaSpinster

Loyal Viewer

Posted Oct 30, 2013 @ 11:47 AM

I cracked up when, on my second viewing, I caught that Austin was wearing 15 friendship bracelets on his wrist in the DC airport scene. 

SmithW6079

SmithW6079

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 31, 2013 @ 1:20 PM

Austin & Allie make a nice couple, but the one true pairing on this show is Dez and Austin. Those boys are totally adorable together.

ladyrott

ladyrott

Stalker

Posted Oct 31, 2013 @ 11:09 PM

I like the Austin/Dez friendship, too.  Actually I like the friendship between all the characters.  It seems strange that Ally and Trish, whose personalities are SO different, would be best friends.  Although, it seems like they have been friends since they were very young and I know from personal experience that that can make a difference.  People would ask me and my best friend in high school why we hung out together because we were SO different....but we had been friends since kindergarten (before our very different personalities were developed) so we remained best friends despite our different personalities.  I see Ally and Trish that way.  I think their friendship is real and their affection for one another is as honest and true as what we see between Dez and Austin.

Speaking of Dez, he is developing into my favorite character.  I love how he is often the one who sees the reality of things (like when Ally was leaving for school in New York).  Yes, they made him stupid in that he thought she was going to commute from Florida to New York every day but he was ultimately the one who made everyone see that they were being bad friends.  I especially enjoy when he and Trish work together on things like trying to get Austin/Ally to make up or when he was covering for Trish when she started dating Trent on the sly.

glorygirl84

glorygirl84

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 1, 2013 @ 5:32 AM

ITA While I love Austin/Ally together I feel it is the Dez/Austin Trish/Dez and Trish/Austin/Ally/Dez friendships that make the show so good. I just love the Dez/Austin friendship and Trish/Ally but I also like the Dez/Ally and Trish/Austin friendship. The actors all have great chemistry and I like all four character on their own but together they are awesome. Their is just genuine trust, respect, and love between them. I never see them jelous, hateful or awful to each other. They have such genuine support between them and they all would do anything for each other.

Spadada

Spadada

Fanatic

Posted Nov 7, 2013 @ 2:15 AM

This is the best show on Disney Channel, by far. I was working there when they were shooting the pilot and I heard someone describe it as "Laverne & Shirley for Kids." That is a perfect description.

If you haven't heard, Ross's R5 bandmate Ellington Ratliff is one of the stars of this cool web series RED SCARE. Each episode is about 7 minutes long and the 5th ep gets released tomorrow at noon.

glorygirl84

glorygirl84

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 22, 2014 @ 10:39 AM

I have to say I am not really feeling S3. I loved S1 and S2 but this season, has lost some of the charm that made the first 2 seasons so enjoyable. I loved the premire and the Austin/Ally reuinion but since then, I just feel their has been a real disconnect not only in the Austin/Ally relationship but with Trish/Ally and Dez/Austin as well. I just do not like the kind of mean spirited competetive vibe they have going with the friends esp Ally/Austin.

I still think RL and LM have such great chemistry and if they decide not to have Austin/Ally as a couple, that is fine but I just loved their friendship in S1 and S2 so much and I really belived Austin adored Ally and thought she was the best thing ever and Ally felt the same about him, wich is why I always felt it would lead to a romance eventualy because they where so sweet on each other even back in S1 but that love seems to have faded now and I am not sure why. I cannot put my finger on it but something has changed with the Austin/Ally friendship and the Dez/Ally/Austin/Trish foursome and I am cannot say I like it.

ladyrott

ladyrott

Stalker

Posted Feb 11, 2014 @ 12:47 PM

I just watched the latest episode.  Really show?  After all that build up, Austin and Ally are just agreeing they should date other people and move on with their lives!?  After the kiss in the episode where they were making the rockumentary, I was SURE we were going to get the return of the romance and now this.  Bah!