A Football Life (NFL Network)

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

6 replies to this topic

Prozack2

Prozack2

Video Archivist

Posted Oct 17, 2011 @ 9:55 AM

I have been watching and enjoying NFLN's "A Football Life" series so far. The Belichick 2-parter was amazing (in that I never thought he would permit that kind of access) and Kurt Warner's story went beyond the parts we already knew. The Walter Payton episode is still waiting for me on the DVR. Does anyone know how many of these they are doing? My only fear is that there is Favre-athon on the horizon and that I could not stomach.

CharmCity04

CharmCity04

Fanatic

Posted Oct 17, 2011 @ 10:46 AM

The next episode is on Ed Sabol.

But, I will say Payton's episode was my favorite so far. The ending was especially emotional with Payton talking to his best friend saying "This is like Brian's Song, only the brother dies in the end."

kathyk2

kathyk2

Fanatic

Posted Oct 17, 2011 @ 12:09 PM

I loved the film feature on Jerome Brown and Reggie White. I was pleasantly surprised that Mike Golic was interviewed. I would have thought ESPN wouldn't allow him to participate.

bulldawgtownie

bulldawgtownie

Stalker

Posted Oct 18, 2011 @ 12:45 AM

I loved the film feature on Jerome Brown and Reggie White

Yeah, like a good native of Chicago I love Sweetness, but I have to admit my favorite was the one on Jerome Brown and Reggie White. "Here comes Jesus!"

Fukui San

Fukui San

Fanatic

Posted Oct 19, 2011 @ 1:31 PM

Vince Wilfork in the Spongebob Squarepants Halloween costume in the Belichick episode was indescribably awesome.

This sign on the door of the Patriots' locker room really seems to encapsulate Belichick's relationship with the media:

When You Leave This Room
*Don't Believe or Feed the Hype
*Manage Expectations
*Ignore the Noise
*Speak for Yourself

frostedglass

frostedglass

Stalker

• Interests:Comedy, yoga, reading TWoP

Posted Oct 19, 2011 @ 3:51 PM

Vince Wilfork in the Spongebob Squarepants Halloween costume in the Belichick episode was indescribably awesome.

Agree. Belichick in the full pirate garb, roller skating though? Ok, that's something I never thought I'd see!

jannatlb

jannatlb

Just Tuned In

• Interests:Photography

Posted Oct 23, 2011 @ 1:21 AM

They were bonded by football, by friendship and, in the end, by death. The lives and deaths of Reggie White and Jerome Brown are intertwined beautifully in the NFL Network's latest masterpiece ...that's why i like it very much.