Green Lantern: The Animated Series

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

153 replies to this topic

torgoman

torgoman

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 19, 2013 @ 4:35 PM

I don't know if that image of a cosmos emerging from a giant hand has been commonly used in comics to represent the dawn of time. But the only other occurrence that I could remember was in Legion of Super Heroes #295, which also happened to be the issue featuring Green Lanterns and explained why GLs were not allowed on 30th century Earth or were no longer seen in that particular space sector.

Coincidence, or perhaps an obscure reference from the show's producers? I prefer the latter. Maybe just so I can give myself some geek credit.

Lantern7

Lantern7

Stalker

Posted Mar 19, 2013 @ 6:19 PM

I thought the "hand" first came up in Crisis On Infinite Earths. It was also in the very end of the Chronos-centered two-parter in Justice League Unlimited.

torgoman

torgoman

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 19, 2013 @ 9:05 PM

I'm blanking when the "hand" appears in COIE, which came out a couple years after LOSH #295 (Jan,1983). However, what was also significant about the LOSH #295 and the GL finale is that--aside from both prominently featuring Green Lanterns and the "hand"--time travel devices were used specifically to give characters the ability to witness the dawn of time.

Lantern7

Lantern7

Stalker

Posted Apr 8, 2013 @ 11:32 PM

Still getting sketches from the two deceased shows. Here's another sketch of Aya that I got over the weekend.