Season 5 wishlist

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

144 replies to this topic

Rex Hamilton

Rex Hamilton

Just Tuned In

Posted Feb 23, 2012 @ 10:48 PM

You're right, the speech wasn't about right or wrong but I think Mike really hated that guy and he threatened him because he wanted to make a difference and help protect the woman, not because he was just doing his job.

littlefini1

littlefini1

Loyal Viewer

Posted Feb 25, 2012 @ 4:23 PM

I think when Hank knows, Walt is going to kill him.

tinpanannie

tinpanannie

Loyal Viewer

Posted Mar 20, 2012 @ 12:04 PM

The main focus of this show from the beginning has been the relationship between Walter and Jessie. I think the only possible decent ending would be for Walter to sacrifice himself to save Jessie.
Mike I'm sure will have ties to whoever was the power behind Gus so I expect him to still be after Walter but probably not Jessie who saved him. It has to be revealed to Hank somehow that Walt is Heisenberg as that would be too good to pass up.

Jst

Jst

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 5, 2012 @ 2:10 PM

The series ending with Hank and Marie NEVER finding out about Walt.

Think about how deeply entrenched Walt is in the meth trade, all the death and destruction directly or indirectly attributed to his actions, yet Hank still has no clue. In S5 Walt becomes the largest drug kingpin in the region (either intentionally or not), and a top DEA agent has no idea it's one of his family members.

Probably won't happen that way though. Hank will find out, but not by his own efforts. Walt will be drinking wine again and turn to Hank and say "I'm Heisenberg" with a big smile on his face.

ConstableClyde

ConstableClyde

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 23, 2012 @ 2:03 PM

I would really like to see a lot more mike. I love that guy, great character and in my mind a key element to the entire show.

spoonflipper

spoonflipper

Channel Surfer

Posted Jun 12, 2012 @ 9:49 PM

As I'm currently enjoying the season 4 dvds, I thought I'd send my prayer to Lord Gilligan that Jesse and Walt Jr. share a scene together at some point. I don't even care what the context is. I just want to see the son and the surrogate son in the same room.
Also, can't wait to see what Jesse Plemons does. I hope he has scenes with Aaron Paul.

Chained Melody

Chained Melody

Video Archivist

Posted Jun 13, 2012 @ 12:39 AM

A woman wishes someone would cast Tom Wlaschiha (Jaquen from Game of Thrones) on this show, perhaps as an Madrigal Electromotive employee who gets investigated by Hank after the superlab explosion.

BakerX2

BakerX2

Fanatic

Posted Jun 13, 2012 @ 1:47 PM

It would be interesting if Hank finds out what Walt is doing and goes to Skylar, with her having to deal with Hank wanting to protect Walt on the condition that he basically stops the madness. I can see Hank trying to get Walt to give up his criminal ways via getting Skylar to help him convince Walt to stop now while he still can (especially if Hank discovers and hides any evidence directly linking Walt to Gus's crimes prior to his confrontation with Skylar, as a means to use this to force Walt to give up the drug trade) while Skylar, knowing now that Walt is a monster capable of murder, having to try and force Walt to give up the drug trade now that his enemies are all dead and trying to keep Walt from finding out that Hank knows what he is doing and keep Hank thinking Walt has given into his demand that he give up crime in exchange for him destroying the evidence he has on Walt.

PackYourBags

PackYourBags

Channel Surfer

Posted Jun 14, 2012 @ 10:01 PM

So my wish for this final season is a flashback with Jesse and Walt in chemistry class. I know it would be tricky to film (Aaron Paul has to play 16!? Ouch!) and I'm not sure what it would accomplish in terms of moving the story forward, but I sure would love it.

Unspoiled

Unspoiled

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jun 16, 2012 @ 3:46 PM

Another vote for a flashback scene--Walt's poison plan for Brock.

It makes me sad when Walt and Jesse physically attack each other, especially when Jesse, the younger fitter one, is winning. Yet I'm such an awful person, I think one more scene like that might be worth seeing. Pathos...I can't get enough.

BakerX2

BakerX2

Fanatic

Posted Jun 19, 2012 @ 7:04 PM

To be fair, at least Jesse can physically hurt Walt since Walt can reduce Jesse to a sobbing wreck with his vile words.

LevitateMe

LevitateMe

Couch Potato

• Interests:Twisted shows (obviously!), bulldogs, mergers & acquisitions, private equity, expensive shoes, sports of all kinds but mostly fantasy football, UGA football, and college bball, rooting for Boston sports while exploring the super fun single life of NYC and people assuming you are a jerk because you like Boston :)

Posted Jun 20, 2012 @ 2:18 PM

A woman wishes someone would cast Tom Wlaschiha (Jaquen from Game of Thrones) on this show, perhaps as an Madrigal Electromotive employee who gets investigated by Hank after the superlab explosion.

A(nother) woman concurs CM!

I would honestly also wish for no more Walt/Jesse violence ever but then this wouldn't be BB if the possibility wasn't there.

Finally I wish it were July 15 now.

backhometome

backhometome

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 21, 2012 @ 3:36 PM

Ive always wanted a flashback to Walt teaching Jesse in high school. But I don't know if Aaron could pass for a H.S student anymore.

But really all I want for this season is 1. Jesse survives and 2. He finds out about Jane/Brock.

BakerX2

BakerX2

Fanatic

Posted Jun 21, 2012 @ 6:12 PM

Knowing the writers, I would not be shocked if Walt's acts of evil towards Jane and Brock don't come out until the final moments of the series. He confesses all to Jesse with his dying breathe, dying as Jesse rages with a gun to Walt's now lifeless head and him doing "suicide by cop" at Hank's hands after Hank mistakes Jesse as having killed Walt. Think the ending of Reservoir Dogs...

pomme de divan

pomme de divan

Fanatic

Posted Jun 30, 2012 @ 10:20 PM

I was kind of hoping for a Walt & Jesse pulling a Butch & Sundance exit.
In too deep and leaving on their own terms.

Also: more Mike, please. Thank you.

Xbones

Xbones

Fanatic

Posted Jul 1, 2012 @ 2:22 AM

I'm hoping to see more Mike also.

coaster

coaster

Fanatic

Posted Jul 1, 2012 @ 2:51 PM

My wish list:
Jesse ultimately survives.

Hank finds out about Walt. Not sure what I want to happen because of that, but I want him to find out.

We get some kind of actual confirmation of what Walt's scheme was for the poisoning of Brock. Maybe a couple of throwaway lines from Saul to the effect of "I let you talk me into delivering your doctored candy to the kid, thanks for not telling me it might kill him, by the way."

We learn Walt's back story - maybe what happened with Gretchen, but definitely what happened with Gray Matter, and how he went from that seemingly unlimited potential to teaching high school chemistry.

thatguy01

thatguy01

Fanatic

Posted Jul 1, 2012 @ 3:02 PM

I'm pretty sure we'll see memorable characters brought back in real time or flashback to take a bow. I'll bet on Wendy getting a scene, etc.

Spartan Girl

Spartan Girl

Fanatic

Posted Jul 2, 2012 @ 3:12 PM

What I want, more than anything, is for Walter Jr to find out who and what his father really is. I am really getting sick of him idolizing his father and blaming his "bitch mother" for all the family's problems. I know almost everybody doesn't like Skyler, but she isn't a full-blown sociopath like Walt.

MBayGal

MBayGal

Video Archivist

Posted Jul 3, 2012 @ 9:15 PM

I think it would be awesome if Marie were the one to find out about Walt and kill him. Lots of potential for an interesting and emotional storyline there. And I agree that I want Walt Jr. to know. I'm another one who doesn't hate Skyler.

Edited by MBayGal, Jul 3, 2012 @ 9:17 PM.

peachbeserk

peachbeserk

Video Archivist

Posted Jul 5, 2012 @ 3:14 PM

I think that we should see Walt fight and ultimately survive the attacks from whatever nemesis this new season brings (I'm guessing Mike is involved in some capacity, and I would imagine we may see an ever so slight hesitation on his part to bring harm to Jesse or Walt because I think he feels a bit protective of them). Then about the next to the last episode when everything seems to be humming along with still no one but Skyler knowing, Walt finally dies from cancer. Then we see a scene where Skyler appears to be almost upbeat about the threat of harm for Walt's lifestyle gone with his death as she says goodnight to the car wash employees and slowly walks around turning off lights, etc. She goes into the area where the big rotating brushes are, and mindlessly reaches over to turn them off. Instead, she pushes the button that speeds them up (if there is such a thing), and then she gets pulled in and ends up spit shined and ready for her coffin.

And how about a cameo with Shirley Maclaine playing Walt's mother. It could just be a phone call since apparently she doesn't live in Albuquerque. She could be doing a riff on the cranky, demanding, self-centered character she played in the movie Bernie. She would know at this point that Walt had lied about coming to visit her, that he has cancer, and that he has engaged in some sort of activity that has caused the estrangement between him and Skyler. I doubt that Skyler would have told her that he was a drug dealer.

This conversation could be used to provide useful info about Walt's backstory regarding his education, his family's socio-economic status, and even his relationship with Gretchen. Walt could be from a fairly well off family from, let's say, Connecticut. He is an only child, and he was sent to the finest schools. He earned an advanced degree in chemistry from, let's say, MIT, and then instead of choosing a path that his parents might have preferred like working for a large pharmaceutical firm (yes, the irony!) or manufacturing firm, he chose to go to Sandia labs in ABQ.

They finally accepted that, but then he met a much younger scientist, Gretchen who was from an even wealthier family than his, and his family knew that they were dating. We then find out whatever trivial statement Gretchen's father made that angered Walt so much that he left Gretchen and Grey Matter, where sometime in this period he and Gretchen had both taken jobs.

Shirley, aka old Mrs. White, berates Hank and tells him that he was always a disappointment to her and her now long deceased husband. She has no affection for Skyler and knows that she was a waitress when Walt met her (for all we know Skyler has a bachelors in accounting, but that's no match for Gretchen's pedigree and superior intelligence). So she includes her dislike for Skyler in her comments and also makes the very un-PC statement that she is common and probably has defective genes which accounts for Walt Jr.'s medical problems. This is Shirley Maclaine, after all, and she will go there.

Lest we wonder why Walt has turned to a life of crime when he might stand to inherit a large sum of money when she dies, the camera pans out, and we see that Shirley is in a most opulent assisted living situation. She laughs and tells Walt that not only is he a disappointment and a liar and a criminal, but he will never inherit a dime because her care will take every penny.

She never once says anything about his cancer.

And how about a scene with Jesse getting on the tram on top of Sandia mountain (if it is still there since I haven't been there in over 10 years, and I'm in too much of a hurry to Google and check). It would be such a beautiful shot of Albuquerque. The tram is quite busy, and a beautiful, mult-racial woman of about Jesse's age asks if she can share the car with him since there are no other seats.

He is wistful about Walt's death, and just mumbles that it's fine. A few minutes later he asks if she lives in ABQ. She says that she doesn't. That she's working on her MBA at Wharton, but she's home to plan a memorial for her father who died a few months ago. He extends his hand and says, "Hi, I'm Jesse." And she says, "Nice to meet you, Jesse. I'm Audrey. Audrey Fring". Now at this point we could have Audrey as the cool headed business person her father was being brought in to carry on the family chicken and meth business, or she could simply be there to button up the house and business and take all the money without fear of reprisal from the cartel or anyone. We'll assume she's an only child and somehow her mother is out of the picture just for simplicity sake.

If she's going into the business, she and Jesse could team up and run the meth business. Or the version I prefer since Jesse has had nothing but heartache and beat downs, they could take the money and go have a fabulous life. She could actually want to open some sort of business with an alturistic bent, and Jesse would finally have had enough of the dark side and welcome the chance to go towards the light.

Must go get a life now!

MissPrism

MissPrism

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 8, 2012 @ 7:36 AM

I want Walt, Jr. to crash his car and incur serious injuries while simultaneously killing a yet-to-be-introduced enemy of Walt's (perhaps an old friend/associate of Gus). This was foreshadowed in several episodes in the early seasons, i.e., WJ using both feet on the pedals. He's babysitting Holly while Walt and Skyler are at the carwash, so she's in the backseat, but she miraculously escapes without a scratch.

BakerX2

BakerX2

Fanatic

Posted Jul 9, 2012 @ 3:29 PM

Would like to see Walt Jr to suffer a horrific maiming at the hands of whoever is the big bad in season five and basically have the torture include Walt Jr being shown irrefutable evidence of his father's criminal behavior and have it just DESTROY him. Walt will rescue him but Walt, having say lost his hands and maybe having his tongue cut out, kills himself first chance he gets as Walt realizes that while his son won't/is physically incapable of saying it since he can't talk anymore, he knows his father's sins and moreso, that his life has been irreversibly ruined BECAUSE of those sins and that he prefers death than living horrifically maimed and with a father who is the reason that this happened to him.

Walt Jr dying destroys the White marriage, tosses Hank into a serious depression (maybe he witnesses Walt Jr's suicide and blames himself for not being able to stop it) and maybe toss in Jesse using it as his excuse to get the fuck out of town, since he realizes that they are now facing off against monsters who WILL go after their innocent families and Jesse wants to get out before they do to his younger brother, what was done to Walt Jr. Bonus angst points if Walt outright tells Jesse he wishes they would have maimed/mutilated Jesse instead of Walt Jr, as far as destroying the faux father/son dynamic between the two.

MBayGal

MBayGal

Video Archivist

Posted Jul 9, 2012 @ 8:39 PM

Damn, Bakerx2, you've really got a hard-on for harsh. I'd hate to see maiming and mutilation against the most innocent soul in the equation.

Edited by MBayGal, Jul 9, 2012 @ 8:42 PM.

Kel Varnsen

Kel Varnsen

Stalker

Posted Jul 13, 2012 @ 10:22 AM

We get some kind of actual confirmation of what Walt's scheme was for the poisoning of Brock. Maybe a couple of throwaway lines from Saul to the effect of "I let you talk me into delivering your doctored candy to the kid, thanks for not telling me it might kill him, by the way."

I really hope the first episode explains that. Since I am having a hard time coming up with a way you can poisioning a kid you have never met, without putting other people at risk too (or making it so it would be really easy to figure out how he was poisoned). Especially a kid who used to hang out with drug dealers, is probably going to be suspicious enough where if Walt, or even Saul walks up to him and says here drink this chocolate milk, he is going to say know. And even if he doesn't he is going to remember when he wakes up that Mr. Goodman gave me some chocolate milk the day before I got sick. And if walt or Saul breaks into the house and poisons something in the fridge how do you know for sure it is going to poison the kid and not the mom?

3E8

3E8

Channel Surfer

Posted Aug 14, 2012 @ 11:04 AM

I want this series to have a "happy" ending. For me, that would be Walt sacrificing his life to save Jesse's. Jesse remains ignorant to the ways Walt lied to him and manipulated him, and regards him as a good man. Jesse somehow saves Holly or Walt Jr. from harm, and it marks his exit from crime having a lasting positive impact on a young person.

Ideally, I'd never want Walt's family (outside Skylar) to know what he was up to, but I'm not sure how that could happen if Walt dies at the hands of a threat saving Jesse.

akashiver

akashiver

Loyal Viewer

Posted Aug 14, 2012 @ 11:39 AM

Ideally, I'd never want Walt's family (outside Skylar) to know what he was up to, but I'm not sure how that could happen if Walt dies at the hands of a threat saving Jesse.

I vote that "Walter White's" death is faked around the time Walt skips town, so Junior, Holly, and Marie never find out. And when "Lambert" returns to save Jesse he has a brief, bittersweet reunion with both Hank and Skylar. Or maybe just Hank, if Skylar doesn't make it.

And I also vote that Walt doesn't die at the end. He's expected to die from day 1; he shouldn't get what he wants or expects.

Thematically, too, it's better if Walt doesn't die. BB's a show about change. We've seen Walt change into Heisenberg. It'd be nice to end the show at the early stage of a redemption arc, with "Lambert" doing what he can for the survivors of Mr. White's meltdown, then heading off to try and remake himself as a better person in the last year or so of his life.

Nightmare Logic

Nightmare Logic

Fanatic

Posted Aug 14, 2012 @ 2:01 PM

I want Skyler to kill someone (probably Lydia or Mike). I don't know why but I want her and Walt to work things out....at least before all hell breaks loose.

I want Skyler to break bad. I like her as one of the bad guys .

Edited by Nightmare Logic, Aug 14, 2012 @ 2:02 PM.

mookiestarz

mookiestarz

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 14, 2012 @ 4:01 PM

This is a fun game. Here is where I want everyone to end up.

Walter White: In prison. Ironically, he should receive treatment for the return of his cancer and live out the rest of his life in prison reflecting on his hurtful choices.

Jesse Pinkman: He should steal all the drug money that Walt, Mike, et. al. eventually make and run off somewhere. There he should do something artistic with his mad drawing skillz (remember those comic book characters he drew and showed Jane? I keep reading that Jesse has no other potential but I think he does). He should also set up a charity to help people with drug addiction in order to make amends for his hurtful choices.

Skyler: Raising her children and working at the car wash. She should visit Walter in prison once a year on his birthday and bring him age-shaped bacon.

Walt Jr: In college. With a cute girlfriend.

Holly: With her mother as stated above.

Hank: He should figure out who Walt really is and keep Walt's secret until Walt ultimately undoes himself. He should not receive any blame for not uncovering Walt's criminal activity but after Walt goes to prison, he should retire from the DEA. Maybe do something with geology and drive Marie a little crazy.

Marie: Start wearing yellow.

Mike: In prison.

Todd: Dead.

Lydia: ? Don't know enough about her to decide.

Saul Goodman: Practicing law.

Asyourequested

Asyourequested

Video Archivist

Posted Aug 14, 2012 @ 11:48 PM

1. Jesse finds out that Walt is not a good man. I don't care what gets him there.
2. Walt eventually absorbs how fucked up he is....and reacts to the chaos he brought to his family and other innocent people. Then dies. I don't care how but most likely cancer. I don't think miraculously surviving lung cancer would be a realistic outcome. I could deal with him being killed by law enforcement or even Jesse.
3. Skyler and her kids get away from Walt with H & M's support

Am I sounding idealistic? I guess I see more potential for impact if core characters stay alive.

Minus Walt, of course