Media: News and Interviews with All Your Favorite Dead People

• Please log in to reply

471 replies to this topic

dc_liz

dc_liz

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jun 11, 2012 @ 11:16 AM

I'm still not sold on his look as The Governor, but then again, Andrew Lincoln looks nothing like the Rick Grimes of the comics.

Thank the flying spaghetti monster for that. Andrew Lincoln is a handsome man. He makes accepting the stupid much more tolerable than he would if he looked like, say, Andrew Dice Clay.

thuganomics85

thuganomics85

Stalker

Posted Jun 22, 2012 @ 2:49 AM

Unsurprisingly, The Walking Dead will have a panel at Comic-Con this year. Looks like it will be on Friday, July 13, at 1:25 p.m. in Hall H , which is apparently is the main room and it's a pretty big deal for a TV show to get that one (other TV shows that will be in that room are Supernatural, Comic Book Men, and Game of Thrones.) They're saying it will have the showrunner, some producers, a make-up supervisor, and a good amount of the cast, including some of the newbies for the upcoming season (David Morrrisey and Danai Gurira.) Sounds like it could be pretty good.

Edited by thuganomics85, Jun 22, 2012 @ 2:55 AM.

morrigan2575

morrigan2575

Fanatic

Posted Jun 22, 2012 @ 6:25 AM

We don't seem to have actor threads so I wasn't sure what to do with this little nugget. I'm putting it here in the Media thread but if it's not appropriate let me know where I should move it too.

Jon Bernthal interview...talking about his new play and the TV Pilot he shot for TNT with Frank Darabont called "Film Noir" Life After Dead

that one guy

that one guy

Video Archivist

Posted Jul 13, 2012 @ 5:16 PM

New Trailer! Plus Norman Reedus interview from ComiCon:

http://www.huffingto..._n_1672467.html

Doom

Doom

Stalker

Posted Jul 13, 2012 @ 6:52 PM

Oh sweet - would this mean I won't have to watch "small town security folk" on AMC to catch it?

ETA:

OH SHIT! That looked incredible. Soooo excited. Carol looked bad ass! Carl looked great! This is going to be off the charts.

Edited by Doom, Jul 13, 2012 @ 6:59 PM.

JennyEve

JennyEve

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jul 14, 2012 @ 12:16 PM

That trailer looks great. Unfortunately, so did the ones for the earlier seasons, so I'm trying to keep my expectations rather low. But nevertheless I'm looking forward to seeing Daryl and Rick kicking ass. And Merle is coming back, too! Yay! Michael Rooker just always makes me smile, even if he's nasty (or maybe especially if he's nasty - he just does it so well).

The thing that surprised me most was definitely seeing Carol shooting a rifle like she had done it all her life. That's encouraging.
And Michonne looks good, too. I have never seen the actress in anything else before and privately I still wish it would have been Gina Torres instead, but I think I can get to like that woman (whose name I keep forgetting).

Doom

Doom

Stalker

Posted Jul 14, 2012 @ 1:40 PM

I definitely think this year's trailer is better than last year's, but I haven't watched it in a while.

Looks like they have announced the official date S3 will start - October 14th, 9pm!

TWoP Tennison

TWoP Tennison

TWoP Moderator

Posted Jul 15, 2012 @ 3:00 PM

All the Comic Con stuff can go in the Speculation Without Spoilers thread, where you're free to discuss all the interviews and promos without tags.

dc_liz

dc_liz

Loyal Viewer

Posted Aug 10, 2012 @ 9:01 AM

http://insidetv.ew.c...ason-2-opening/

Season 2 DVD's come out on August 28th - finally, they are going to show the missing Season 2 opening stuff, including what happened to my beloved Vatos.

The article has a preview of what will be in the DVD set.

Doom

Doom

Stalker

Posted Aug 10, 2012 @ 10:55 AM

Thanks dc_liz. I don't really want to sit through the farm again, but that Vatos thing has me intrigued.

Pandora3

Pandora3

Video Archivist

Posted Aug 27, 2012 @ 5:14 PM

Life (unfortunately) imitates art: Scott Wilson arrested for suspected DUI after leaving a bar South of Atlanta.

Solea

Solea

Fanatic

Posted Sep 5, 2012 @ 4:13 PM

Season 3 poster. Yummy!

Doom

Doom

Stalker

Posted Sep 8, 2012 @ 10:29 AM

I never saw this February blog entry from the CDC where they use the Walking Dead clips. And it looks like they are gearing up to do more zombie preparedness activities in October.

bosawks

bosawks

Fanatic

Posted Oct 1, 2012 @ 5:21 PM

Anyone else catch the webisodes for this year?

Interesting preview on what I suspect to be the overriding theme for this season I thought.

JOnanGoopta

JOnanGoopta

Fanatic

Posted Oct 1, 2012 @ 6:44 PM

I liked these. I think the half-hour format works well for this kind of story.

I'm not sure if this is the right thread, and possibly a lot of people haven't seen them yet, so I won't go into any more plot details until they're less spoiler-ish and I know whether there's a better thread for them.

muffilator

muffilator

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 3, 2012 @ 12:36 PM

Very spoilery article from THR.

One thing that I would love for the audience to keep in mind is, we have 16 episodes to answer all these questions. So not all of these questions are being answered in the first half. By the end of episode 16, all of these questions will be answered.

Doom

Doom

Stalker

Posted Oct 12, 2012 @ 3:47 PM

AMC has created a page where DISH customers can sign up to be able to stream Sunday's premiere of season 3 online as a one-time-only thing.

muffilator

muffilator

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 15, 2012 @ 11:41 AM

This article is a little spoilery but answers some of the questions we have been asking about the premier:

The Hollywood Reporter caught up with Mazzara and Kirkman to break down what Hershel's amputation means for the group, how the gang will handle their new apparent roommates at the prison, Andrea's mysterious illness and all the events of the season three premiere.

HoneyBee

HoneyBee

Stalker

Posted Oct 17, 2012 @ 8:26 AM

Steven Yuen FUNNY interview with Conan O'Brien

Steven Yeun is gonna avoid girlfriend drama by just sticking to his "Walking Dead" graphic novels.

This guy is hilarious!

alynch

alynch

Fanatic

Posted Oct 21, 2012 @ 3:45 PM

Dish blinked.

mustbekarma

mustbekarma

Fanatic

Posted Oct 21, 2012 @ 9:10 PM

Dammit, and I discover Dish blinked now, and I've missed most of the episode.

HoneyBee

HoneyBee

Stalker

Posted Nov 1, 2012 @ 2:10 PM

David Morrisey Interview with Craig Ferguson

Wants to promote The Walking Dead, ends up talking about Doctor Who. Heee heee. DM was "The Doctor" in Doctor Who back then.

Griffinlord

Griffinlord

Video Archivist

Posted Nov 20, 2012 @ 7:37 PM

Q&A - Melissa McBride (Carol Peletier)
AMC Blogs

The Walking Dead - Season 3 - Chad Coleman confirmed as Tyreese
Hollywood Reporter

Edited by Griffinlord, Nov 20, 2012 @ 7:37 PM.

Bftww

Bftww

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 3, 2012 @ 10:02 AM

Glen Mazzara interview, LA Times, November 30. It would have been a tad spoilery to post before the midseason finale.

Mary Ann

Mary Ann

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 3, 2012 @ 10:42 AM

Robert Kirkman talks about midseason finale.
Andrew Lincoln talks all about the midseason finale's surprise cameo

Edited by Mary Ann, Dec 3, 2012 @ 10:47 AM.

Doom

Doom

Stalker

Posted Dec 3, 2012 @ 3:24 PM

Video: All the walker kills from season three thus far.

visenya6

visenya6

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 4, 2012 @ 9:39 PM

Q&A - Andrew Lincoln (Rick Grimes)

Dayse

Dayse

Channel Surfer

Posted Dec 4, 2012 @ 10:09 PM

Great short interview with Norman Reedus, wherein he talks about Made to Suffer and some of his creative process that went into that last scene: GQ&A: The Walking Dead's Norman Reedus

dannymoon

dannymoon

Fanatic

Posted Dec 6, 2012 @ 1:28 AM

I enjoy these Q & As with the various actors, but that video in particular in Andrew's Q & A rocks. Why I found that gun stuff fascinating, I have no idea. I loved this tidbit too:

"You may have noticed I come from a little island that doesn't have a gun culture and I go to work and they give me as assault rifle with 2000 rounds."

steve91199

steve91199

Stalker

Posted Dec 6, 2012 @ 6:44 AM

Lincoln said in a Letterman interview that when he first met his father-in-law (the main guy from Jethro Tull), he showed Lincoln his huge gun collection. Now I imagine him trying to get on Walking Dead.