Media: News and Interviews with All Your Favorite Dead People

• Please log in to reply

471 replies to this topic

HelenBack

HelenBack

Fanatic

Posted Oct 10, 2011 @ 5:48 PM

Looks like this interview with Norman Reedus has been around for a while, but I just saw it today and realized we didn't have a thread for this kind of thing here. Suggestions for a more pithy subtitle very welcome!

Regarding the interview, well, if he could eat that, he probably would survive a zombie apocalypse almost as well as Daryl!

CharmCity04

CharmCity04

Fanatic

Posted Oct 10, 2011 @ 6:11 PM

Another interview with Norman about Daryl in season 2: Zap2it

Lillywhite

Lillywhite

Fanatic

Posted Oct 10, 2011 @ 6:40 PM

I'm actually excited about that. I wasn't happy about a lot of the changes they made from the comic books, but Daryl is such a great addition to the show. Don't know how I feel about a whole episode devoted to him, though. This show is already moving so slow, they really need to pick up the pace and start killing people already (I'm looking at you, Shane and Lori).

HelenBack

HelenBack

Fanatic

Posted Oct 10, 2011 @ 8:08 PM

That guy just gives good interview, doesn't he? His affection for his character really comes through. It's nice.

Of course, the bit that sticks in my head is about playing Daryl like he's a "total virgin," who would probably squeal if someone tried to kiss him, because, well, I'm twelve, basically.

CharmCity04

CharmCity04

Fanatic

Posted Oct 10, 2011 @ 9:38 PM

Don't know how I feel about a whole episode devoted to him, though. This show is already moving so slow, they really need to pick up the pace and start killing people already (I'm looking at you, Shane and Lori).

Out of everyone, Daryl is the one that I am fine with a whole episode based around. Since he is not a character in the comic book, we know nothing about (his journey or whether he lives or dies). Just that his brother is a tough, racist asshole and Daryl is an awesome marksman.

I would like to see what Daryl was like before all the Undead shit went down.

Plus, HelenBack, I giggled about the whole "total virgin" idea.

Cowshark

Cowshark

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 12, 2011 @ 8:58 PM

Plus, HelenBack, I giggled about the whole "total virgin" idea.

Clearly, Norman hasn't read any of the ten million Daryl/Mary Sue fics out there.

HWavoidance

HWavoidance

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 13, 2011 @ 11:28 AM

Or the Daryl/Glenn ones, although he did allude to "a Brokeback Mountain thing with Glenn" in a podcast for the Walking Dead last year. Just to clarify, this was Norman hypothesizing what the writers had in store for season 2, mostly in jest (I assume). Not a spoiler in any way. Hopefully I haven't gotten anyone's hopes up just to crash and burn.
Norman's WD podcast

chandapanda

chandapanda

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 16, 2011 @ 10:15 PM

It wasn't really an interview, but on this weekend's The Soup, they had Glenn and Daryl (Steven Yeung and Norman Reedus) in a little "Soup Walking Dead" spot, where Glenn and Daryl helped the remaining E! staff members kill off the undead (including Kardashians!). They really do make a great team! Now I'm starting to slash them a bit.

Clip of Soup of the Walking Dead

alynch

alynch

Fanatic

Posted Oct 17, 2011 @ 2:24 PM

The numbers for the premiere are predictably huge. To put it in perspective, the 18-49 rating would've been the 8th highest rated scripted show on broadcast TV last week, behind only the CBS Monday comedies, Modern Family, NCIS, and Big Bang Theory, and it broke pretty much all of the basic cable drama records.

And to put in AMC perspective, the highest rating they've ever had for a show that wasn't The Walking Dead was a 1.1. The premiere did a 3.8.

Edited by alynch, Oct 17, 2011 @ 2:34 PM.

HelenBack

HelenBack

Fanatic

Posted Oct 17, 2011 @ 2:30 PM

Wow, nice ratings! Guess no worries about surprise cancellation then.

And that bit from The Soup was a hoot, thanks, chandapanda. I watch the show, and loved that, and it didn't occur to me to post it! :facepalm: Glad someone was on top of it.

CharmCity04

CharmCity04

Fanatic

Posted Oct 17, 2011 @ 2:36 PM

Huge ratings! And, I honestly think they will keep the ratings around 5-6 million.

Lillywhite

Lillywhite

Fanatic

Posted Oct 17, 2011 @ 2:58 PM

That's such GREAT news! Maybe now they'll stop doting so much over Mad Men and maybe give The Walking Dead the consideration it deserves.

HelenBack

HelenBack

Fanatic

Posted Oct 18, 2011 @ 11:20 AM

Many thanks to Doom for discovering and posting this in the Meet Market thread:

http://zombies.lickmyscreen.com/

It's so wonderfully goofy, and what better way to turn on your friends and family members to this show, if they're not watching already?

diebartdie

diebartdie

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 2, 2011 @ 12:37 PM

Dont know where to put this really so I'll stick it here. Would you go see this? I've never been a fan of the "human falls in love w supernatural critter" genre, whether the genre be ghosts, vampires, werewolves, whatever but a zombie?!?!?!?!

CarpeDiem54

CarpeDiem54

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 2, 2011 @ 1:10 PM

Naw, that looks lame. A Pretty Boy Zombie? Where's the gore and rotten teeth?

NCTibby

NCTibby

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 3, 2011 @ 10:32 PM

Pretty sure I saw Jeryl Prescott (Jacqui) in tonight's episode of Parks and Recreation. She was a bank teller, helping Andy and April check stuff off his Bucket List. So after the CDC, she moved to Pawnee.

Wish she could get an appearance on one of the many singing shows. I did community theater with her years ago, and she has an amazing voice. Brilliant as Mary Magdalene in Jesus Christ Superstar.

Lillywhite

Lillywhite

Fanatic

Posted Nov 22, 2011 @ 5:41 PM

Here we go again.

The Walking Dead - TV Line Blind Item - Who wants to leave?

How’s your vision today? Good? Good, ’cause you’re gonna wanna be 20/20 or better for today’s Blind Item. It concerns one of the stars of AMC’s The Walking Dead and their desire to… well, walk.

The backstage drama all started when series creator Frank Darabont was ousted. A whole lotta people were upset, you’ll recall, and this one person, so much so that he/she asked to be released from his/her contract. But, according to my moles, a funny thing happened between the time the request was made and when it was potentially granted.

A change of heart.

Now this member of the ensemble wants to stay. But it may be too late. (Even my sources don’t know for sure at this point whether the character is going to be written off, although one insider insists he/she ultimately got their wish.)

So, your guesses? Who’s the Darabont loyalist who wanted his/her Walking papers, then decided they wanted them torn up?

Link

Milan23

Milan23

Fanatic

Posted Nov 22, 2011 @ 5:45 PM

Edited to move potential spoilery discussion to the spoiler thread.

Edited by Milan23, Nov 22, 2011 @ 6:31 PM.

HelenBack

HelenBack

Fanatic

Posted Nov 29, 2011 @ 7:17 PM

This is flippin' BRILLIANT:

The Search for Sophia in Under 2 Minutes

It doesn't include the very end, which in my estimation (I did watch that part) would bring it to just about two minutes even.

Doom

Doom

Stalker

Posted Nov 29, 2011 @ 7:44 PM

This is flippin' BRILLIANT:

The Search for Sophia in Under 2 Minutes

Yeah that was hilarious. And I didn't even have the sound on. Man, what a joke this first half of the second season was. Nice find Helenback.

HoneyBee

HoneyBee

Stalker

Posted Dec 12, 2011 @ 10:31 AM

Dunno where to put this, but I think this is the place. Andrew Lincoln is #93 TV's Sexiest Men 2011. He moved from #100 spot from last year. Jon Bernthal is out from the list (he was on the list last year). But where's Norman Reedus?!

OptimisticCynic

OptimisticCynic

Stalker

Posted Jan 4, 2012 @ 1:30 AM

Sam Witwer discusses Darabont's outsing and missed opportunities for Season 2

I'm a big fan of Witwer's from Being Human (never realized he was in the Walking Dead pilot) and think the Fall of Atlanta idea would have been really interesting.

Edited by OptimisticCynic, Jan 4, 2012 @ 1:30 AM.

HoneyBee

HoneyBee

Stalker

Posted Jan 4, 2012 @ 5:31 AM

He had a brief cameo as a zombie inside the tank. Rick blasted his head with his gun. Only few seconds cameo. I don't think people realized the zombie was him.

crazyheart33

crazyheart33

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jan 4, 2012 @ 9:02 AM

Good to hear someone finally say it out loud, though I get why current cast/crew are keeping mum.

spencer333

spencer333

Channel Surfer

Posted Jan 4, 2012 @ 9:21 AM

He seems like a really great guy. Of course, now I am in mourning over how awesome TWD really could have been, should have been.

Doom

Doom

Stalker

Posted Jan 4, 2012 @ 10:19 AM

I'm a big fan of Witwer's from Being Human (never realized he was in the Walking Dead pilot) and think the Fall of Atlanta idea would have been really interesting.

Wow. That is required viewing for anybody who watches this show. Since it is wholly relevant to this television show, I almost think a separate thread for discussion would be viable. Witwer drops so much inside information about Darabont's departure and (now abandoned) plans for the show, that definitely deserves its own thread, I think. Especially since the show seems to be floundering.

caseylane

caseylane

Fanatic

Posted Jan 4, 2012 @ 12:41 PM

Is the show actually floundernig though? As far as TPTB are concerned the numbers are good so they made the right call.

Doom

Doom

Stalker

Posted Jan 4, 2012 @ 1:07 PM

Yeah. I really meant in terms of the plot and what could have been. If you see the people who go back and watch S1, the feeling is almost a universal "wow, what happened to this show, it could have been so good". I think a thread about the writers could be good, but more and more I just think the show is kind of doomed (heh) and Witwer's demeanor in that 6-minute YouTube clip mirrors mine almost exactly.

spencer333

spencer333

Channel Surfer

Posted Jan 4, 2012 @ 6:12 PM

Well said, Doom.

jr13

jr13

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 4, 2012 @ 10:05 PM

Wow, what a shame. I want to watch that show. That would've been so much better than wasting a ridiculous amount of time on a farm looking for a Red Shirt.