SPOILERS PLUS - Things That Haven't Aired On TV... Yet

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

7391 replies to this topic

TWoP Gadget

TWoP Gadget

Fanatic

Posted Oct 10, 2011 @ 9:08 AM

Spoilers, speculation, rumors, and promos -- including in-show promos for next week and anything having to do with songs sung in future episodes.

In other words: Things That Haven't Aired On TV... Yet.

derpy

derpy

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 10, 2011 @ 9:20 AM

OK, new thread, yay! To continue from previous thread...

I like our thinking on Karofsky/gay bar. I think Karofsky's plot line will be resolved on a positive note in the gay bar, and he and Kurt will have a positive interaction, building on the S2 apology and showing Dave in a better place, and that contributes to Kurt's good mood. In the meantime, I agree Blaine's irritation about the Kurt/Karofsky interaction at a distance will have led to him drinking more than he should have, with Sebastian encouraging him to drink and feeding him some crap about Kurt and their relationship. I bet it irritates Kurt that Sebastian let him drink so much, creating initial tension between the characters that develops further later. However, it's likely the thrill of being able to be open about PDA in the bar plus some upbeat musical number leads to their bubbly, clingy mood coming out of the bar. Sebastian's encouragement leads to drunk!Blaine tackling Kurt in the car and fight. In the medium to longer term, the experience overall leads to Klaine sex, Sebastian triangle tension (probably both about Blaine and competitions), and Kurt integrating gay PDA into his election campaign.

brave little toaster

brave little toaster

Fanatic

Posted Oct 10, 2011 @ 9:34 AM

Do we know for sure that Sebastian is in the bar scene? Was the actor spotted there by all the people who were tweeting about the shooting? Or is that part just speculation?

After having slept on it, I'm leaning towards Karofsky being the thing that pisses of ontd_glee [and not being snarky, but I honestly didn't know people were that invested in that character.] And I think if the Brittana spoilers were really horrible they would have happily posted them first to watch the shipper implosion. I think probably 90% of the episode sucks for the shippers, and then it ends well. But I'm also one who's not too hung up on the journey as long as they get to the destination, so as long as they don't "Luke & Laura" them I'll be fine.

Jane007

Jane007

Fanatic

Posted Oct 10, 2011 @ 9:40 AM

There were tumblr reports of Grant being there for the bar scene, although the only exterior shoot was with Kurt and Blaine.

MWS

MWS

Channel Surfer

Posted Oct 10, 2011 @ 9:45 AM

I think Sebastian being at the bar is just pure speculation. The people tweeting about the spoilers didn't see the bar scene; they just saw the Kurt/Blaine car scene being shot and that didn't involve other people ;). I don't think anybody even spotted Sebastian at the Dalton location, even though the other Warblers were spotted and photographed there. He's still a bit of a mystery at this point.

ETA: Jane007 is more knowledgeable than me :)

Edited by MWS, Oct 10, 2011 @ 9:46 AM.

Ceeg

Ceeg

Fanatic

Posted Oct 10, 2011 @ 9:46 AM

And I think if the Brittana spoilers were really horrible they would have happily posted them first to watch the shipper implosion. I think probably 90% of the episode sucks for the shippers, and then it ends well.

I think that if Brittany and Rory kiss, that makes Santana jealous, and then that leads to Brittany and Santana being a couple, without them actually kissing, then that's pretty bad (this is what's being speculated are the Brittana spoilers, as it is bad with a good ending). First of all, it's insane to me that yet again, there would be Brittany/Santana coupleyness without them kissing while Brittany does actually kiss another guy (the same thing happened with Artie in Duets). It's just frustrating. And, truthfully, if they don't kiss in the episode where they actually, officially get together, I just can't see it happening at all. Also, the Rory stuff makes it hard for me to root for Brittana, and this coming from someone who actually really liked them together.

Re: Puck/Shelby. Sigh. No matter how this plays out, I think I'm going to hate it. Unless Puck makes the move, and Shelby is totally horrified and immediately shuts it down. Which, I can't imagine happening, because this is Glee.

Edited by Ceeg, Oct 10, 2011 @ 9:49 AM.

derpy

derpy

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 10, 2011 @ 9:49 AM

Thanks, Jane. Grant's also been tweeting regularly about shooting, and been twitter-bonding with Warblers - he's definitely been working with them. Chris also started following him on twitter.

Edited by derpy, Oct 10, 2011 @ 9:50 AM.

ArianaX

ArianaX

Fanatic

Posted Oct 10, 2011 @ 9:52 AM

Also, the Rory stuff makes it hard for me to root for Brittana, and this coming from someone who actually really liked them together.

I'm still mostly confused about how any sort of relationship/friendship/whatever between Brittany and Rory is supposed to exist if she can't really understand anything he says. Are they going to communicate through song and interpretive dance?

Presumably at some point she realizes that he is not, in fact, imaginary. But it's still a mystery to me how Santana could use him to get Brittany to jump ship with her or anything like that if Brittany can't understand him.

But we also know that from Naya that Santana is basically going to hate him on sight. There would probably have to be some sort of reason for that besides him just being in Brittany's house.

brave little toaster

brave little toaster

Fanatic

Posted Oct 10, 2011 @ 9:53 AM

I agree that the best theory as to what's going to cause the "shitstorm" ontd predicts is the lack of a kiss. Personally I wasn't expecting one anyways, am all too familiar with the double-standards in re: kissing on tv, and also think that said shitstorm will lead to a kiss later, so I'm still uncharacteristically optimistic about all this. Also people are going to flip their shit over the leprechaun stuff, but eh <with a shrug> it's Glee [in the manner of "Forget it, Jake. It's Chinatown."]

Sassafrastic

Sassafrastic

Fanatic

Posted Oct 10, 2011 @ 9:54 AM

The original source about the bar said Sebastian was there, plus Chris said he'd met Grant the day after the shoot and he wasn't at Dalton. I'm also convinced Sebastian is the reason they're there in the first place.

I can easily imagine Karofsky's miraculous progress being explained away by being removed from the toxic environment at WMHS. (Especially considering that seemed to be the main explanation of his behavior in the first place, but that's another matter). It could be one factor in Kurt's ambition to attempt to do something about it, as I'm convinced that's where that plot is going. Especially because of the involvement of Brittany and Santana in the campaign story.

Going to the bar could indeed be quite eye-opening for Kurt and Blaine. I think it could also be used as a sort of proxy for NY-acceptance and community, but also potential to unsettle their relationship. If there is any possibility of Kurt staying behind, I think it will push in the direction of the challenge of Lima vs. NY with the greater need and/or potential to enact change.

Edited by Sassafrastic, Oct 10, 2011 @ 9:55 AM.

Ceeg

Ceeg

Fanatic

Posted Oct 10, 2011 @ 10:00 AM

Personally I wasn't expecting one anyways, am all too familiar with the double-standards in re: kissing on tv, and also think that said shitstorm will lead to a kiss later, so I'm still uncharacteristically optimistic about all this.

I just figured they'd be Klaine'd and kiss the moment they became official, but then never again (I'm not counting the episode 5 Klaine makeout since it hasn't happened yet and we don't know what will make it in and what will be cut). So the possibility that there is no kiss, even when they're an official couple is what makes me doubt there will ever be one.

Also people are going to flip their shit over the leprechaun stuff, but eh <with a shrug> it's Glee [in the manner of "Forget it, Jake. It's Chinatown."]

I don't really care about the leprechaun stuff, because, yeah it's Glee, and I really don't care if using Rory is how Santana gets Brittany to come to Shelby's group. The part that will bother me is if Brittany and Rory kiss, Santana gets jealous, so Santana makes a move with Brittany. I don't really understand how this is any different than anything that happened last year. Nothing has really changed. And apparently, even in episode 6, their relationship is still a secret.

Edited by Ceeg, Oct 10, 2011 @ 10:02 AM.

Breadstix

Breadstix

Fanatic

Posted Oct 10, 2011 @ 10:01 AM

Also, the Rory stuff makes it hard for me to root for Brittana, and this coming from someone who actually really liked them together.

Same. I'm sick of Brittany being indifferent and happy go lucky with whoever's in her life while Santana is "quietly in love with her" and okay with getting any attention she can.

For me, I'm much more invested in the journey and not the destination, or at least can't give RIB a free pass for "at least you have your ship" if the story to get there is tainted.

The writers seem to think that's okay if the NYC "Valentine's Day Card" for Finchel says anything.

MWS

MWS

Channel Surfer

Posted Oct 10, 2011 @ 10:02 AM

At this point I'm really not sure whether the spin-off will be happening and that, in combination with Chris saying on Leno that he's "staying" (I think he also mentioned something about this at NYF, but I'm not 100% sure), is making me think Kurt is NOT leaving Lima after his senior year.

I'm also kind of hoping the introduction of Sebastian will be used to address the "only gays in the village" criticism I've seen directed at Kurt/Blaine -- i.e. that they're only together because there's literally no one else for either of them, which I don't buy myself, but there you have it.

I also have $10 riding on Karofsky no longer being at McKinley. Between him not being part of the footballers in 3x03 and us seeing him again for the first time somewhere not at school... yeah. I bet he transferred or magically graduated early or something. It's Glee. Anything could happen.

Breadstix

Breadstix

Fanatic

Posted Oct 10, 2011 @ 10:05 AM

Maybe this is just wishful thinking, but I get the sense that Brittana is purposely happening now so it can run its course. No kiss, an off-putting storyline to get them there, a really early and rather unsatisfying/unearned culmination to their romantic storyline.

These couples getting their milestones out of the way so early in the season makes me think it's not supposed to last. It's a long season ahead.

And good point, Ceeg. If there's no kiss when they get together, I doubt we'll get one later. Especially if the ship is not meant to last.

brave little toaster

brave little toaster

Fanatic

Posted Oct 10, 2011 @ 10:12 AM

I just figured they'd be Klaine'd and kiss the moment they became official, but then never again (I'm not counting the episode 5 Klaine makeout since it hasn't happened yet and we don't know what will make it in and what will be cut). So the possibility that there is no kiss, even when they're an official couple is what makes me doubt there will ever be one.

Well, I think [to give the writers an ounce of sympathy here] that Brittany and Santana's "first" kiss is a narrative problem, because obviously it isn't their first kiss, just first to us, putting the characters and viewers on completely different pages. They may eventually handle it the way Buffy did, but giving its lesbian couple their first on-screen kiss [way late in the relationship] during dire extenuating circumstances in the story. You're totally right that making it official could have been a significant extenuating circumstance warranting a kiss, but frankly, I just chalk it up to girls kissing not being a priority of Ryan Murphy. I think it will become more of a priority post shitstorm, but why Ali Adler wouldn't have more foresight on this is beyond me. Too early to judge, though.

ArianaX

ArianaX

Fanatic

Posted Oct 10, 2011 @ 10:13 AM

These couples getting their milestones out of the way so early in the season makes me think it's not supposed to last. It's a long season ahead.

I get that same feeling. But then, I honestly didn't really expect them to go there with the girls at all this year, so I could see something where they are rushed together, break apart and then come back together right at the end after Santana in particular has had the chance for a growth arc.

But Brittany's indifference is so notable anymore that I could easily buy that the purpose of splitting them up and letting Santana have a chance to (ohdeargodplease) bond with someone else is so that she can have some kind of emotional epiphany/breakthrough down the line.

Sassafrastic

Sassafrastic

Fanatic

Posted Oct 10, 2011 @ 10:17 AM

Wow, a Rory/Brittany kiss with no Santana /Brittany kiss would be awful IMO.I don't think they'll go there with the new golden child, though.

Breadstix, I've had the same thoughts about the decision to go Brittana now, but I'm biased. That said I doubt anything is really decided if there's a question mark over the spinoff due to the potential need to keep Santana in Ohio and Britt could open some possibilities. It could also make a split easier of course.

MWS, my personal theory is that beyond strategic reasons (Warblers, drama, media attention), the entire purpose of Sebastian is the only gays in the village thing. To bolster Kurt as well as the Klaine magic. I'm convinced Chris's comments about there not being anyone else is a direct reference to and wink at this. Also his new Lucy and Ricky analogy makes me think we're in for at least some comedy with any angst.

DowneyUnder

DowneyUnder

Video Archivist

Posted Oct 10, 2011 @ 10:18 AM

Oooh, new shiny thread.

About Karofsky... I just really don't see how he'd be involved in any storyline we've got going on already, and I don't think he'll get a storyline of his own. That's the main reason why I think he's outta here.
Logically, he would be connected to Kurt's story, except since they're bringing in Sebastian to mess with Klaine, I think it would be redundant to use Karofsky for the same purpose (the moment we heard about Sebastian, I thought Karofsky was toast).

I don't really care about Brittana, but I hope they get a kiss at some point. I do think it would be upsetting for their fans if their relationship develops mostly off-screen.

Breadstix

Breadstix

Fanatic

Posted Oct 10, 2011 @ 10:20 AM

Wow, a Rory/Brittany kiss with no Santana /Brittany kiss would be awful IMO.

Coupled with the fact that there's a Puck/Shelby kiss? Apparently inappropriateness isn't a standard here as long as it's heterosexual.

Hug it out, Brittana.

Botherd

Botherd

Loyal Viewer

Posted Oct 10, 2011 @ 10:24 AM

I think it's a bit early to get annoyed about there being no Brittana kiss - in fact, I honestly don't even want to consider it as a possibility yet because my rage will be endless if they get together without ever kissing on screen. If Kurt and Blaine can make out in a car and have implied sex one episode later it would be absolutely blindingly ridiculous for Brittany and Santana not to kiss at all. (Although I do agree that girls kissing is not one of Ryan Murphy's priorities. In fact, I don't think girls are one of Ryan's priorities. Just look at how many of the new characters we're getting are cute white guys.)

Ceeg

Ceeg

Fanatic

Posted Oct 10, 2011 @ 10:26 AM

They may eventually handle it the way Buffy did...but frankly, I just chalk it up to girls kissing not being a priority of Ryan Murphy.

Agreed. Although, I've been burned before by networks/showrunners not following through (Otalia on Guiding Light, *sob*). I just don't think there's ever really going to be a better opportunity for them to kiss onscreen than them declaring they are officially a couple. So no kiss there = no kiss ever. At least, to me, it does. But who knows, maybe the fandom will make it happen eventually.

These couples getting their milestones out of the way so early in the season makes me think it's not supposed to last.

I have a feeling Brittana won't last either, but I think it will be more of a "going their separate ways" type thing. I still think they're going to flunk Brittany (which is just sad), and Santana will graduate and move to Tribeca or wherever. So they'll stay a couple throughout the year, but split up amicably at the end.

I'm sick of Brittany being indifferent and happy go lucky with whoever's in her life while Santana is "quietly in love with her" and okay with getting any attention she can.

Yeah the only bit of sadness/longing we've ever seen Brittany have for Santana is when Jacob Ben Isreal interviewed Santana about Karofsky and Brittany overhead. But I kind of chalked that up as Brittany feeling bad that Santana retreated further into the closet, rather than it being about their actual relationship.

I just wish Brittany would pursue Santana a little bit.

moneybeet

moneybeet

Video Archivist

Posted Oct 10, 2011 @ 10:26 AM

If Finn does indeed call Santana out for being a hypocrite in episode six, and she comes out/goes public with Brittany as a result, they might be saving the kiss for that episode. It's not like it will be Brittany and Santana's first kiss, making it a completely different situation from Kurt/Blaine last season. The big deal for them will be their first kiss in public.

Depending on what episode the class president election wraps up (you would think the class should have a president by mid-November!), maybe the big public kiss could happen along with it. If Brit wins, the kiss could be in celebration. If Brit loses, consolation.

Breadstix

Breadstix

Fanatic

Posted Oct 10, 2011 @ 10:29 AM

If Finn does indeed call Santana out for being a hypocrite in episode six, and she comes out/goes public with Brittany as a result, they might be saving the kiss for that episode.

My only caution is that I doubt we'll be getting any gay kisses after episode 5 for a while on the show. The gay bar, Klaine make-out, Klaine sex, etc make me think they'll end up playing it safe for the following episodes.

thatswanlady

thatswanlady

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 10, 2011 @ 10:34 AM

I have a feeling Brittana won't last either, but I think it will be more of a "going their separate ways" type thing. I still think they're going to flunk Brittany (which is just sad), and Santana will graduate and move to Tribeca or wherever. So they'll stay a couple throughout the year, but split up amicably at the end.

Yeah, this. I see Brittany as being the catalyst that gets Santana out of the closet and on the road to really accepting herself, and that's amazing. However, I just don't see them as endgame -- this is mostly because of Brittany. I love HeMo, and I like Brittany just fine in smaller doses, but the writers are so wildly inconsistent as to whether she's an idiot or idiot savant. Regardless, I see what Santana sees in her, and I hope their relationship is very happy while it's around.

If Finn does indeed call Santana out for being a hypocrite in episode six, and she comes out/goes public with Brittany as a result, they might be saving the kiss for that episode. It's not like it will be Brittany and Santana's first kiss, making it a completely different situation from Kurt/Blaine last season. The big deal for them will be their first kiss in public.

I like this theory and it could really fit into the Finn/Santana thing.

Has it been proven yet if episode 4 is going to be the START of their relationship, or if we're going to find out in episode 4 that they've been dating for awhile? Their vibe this year is very coupley in the background moments, and it wouldn't surprise me a bit to learn that they've actually been dating since the summer.

About Karofsky... I just really don't see how he'd be involved in any storyline we've got going on already, and I don't think he'll get a storyline of his own. That's the main reason why I think he's outta here.
Logically, he would be connected to Kurt's story, except since they're bringing in Sebastian to mess with Klaine, I think it would be redundant to use Karofsky for the same purpose (the moment we heard about Sebastian, I thought Karofsky was toast).

Absolutely. Karofsky is unlikely to get more than this episode -- have we heard anything about Max on set since? I'm glad for that, to be honest. One episode just to wrap up his story works for me, and even if I hate the storyline, Kurt and Blaine will be having sex in this episode, so I doubt I'll complain.

MWS

MWS

Channel Surfer

Posted Oct 10, 2011 @ 10:37 AM

Also his new Lucy and Ricky analogy makes me think we're in for at least some comedy with any angst.

I hope to God you're right about this, because I'm dying for Chris Colfer to actually get some comedic material, if only to lighten his fairly angst-heavy storylines so far.

I'm not into Brittana as much as I'm into Klaine, but I'm going to be pissed if we're robbed of a Brittana kiss.

brave little toaster

brave little toaster

Fanatic

Posted Oct 10, 2011 @ 10:37 AM

My only caution is that I doubt we'll be getting any gay kisses after episode 5 for a while on the show. The gay bar, Klaine make-out, Klaine sex, etc make me think they'll end up playing it safe for the following episodes.

Yeah. I get the sense the show is spending all its boundary-pushing capital on Klaine. Thanks, show.

Ceeg

Ceeg

Fanatic

Posted Oct 10, 2011 @ 10:42 AM

My only caution is that I doubt we'll be getting any gay kisses after episode 5 for a while on the show. The gay bar, Klaine make-out, Klaine sex, etc make me think they'll end up playing it safe for the following episodes

Sad but true.

moneybeet

moneybeet

Video Archivist

Posted Oct 10, 2011 @ 10:44 AM

I just don't buy that Brittany and Santana won't kiss in episode six because of Kurt and Blaine's new discoveries the episode before. If anything, it might make it the perfect time to do it. If RIB think there will be outrage from certain camps, what harm is there in throwing in a nice romantic kiss between the two ladies.

Sassafrastic

Sassafrastic

Fanatic

Posted Oct 10, 2011 @ 10:47 AM

Also, 3x6 is still Sweeps. Maybe one "controversial " kiss per episode. I could very easily imagine moneybeet's scenario.

ETA: also if Brittana have a public kiss, depending on how it's handled it could tie right into any safe space/PDA thing that seems likely to be on the horizon.

Edited by Sassafrastic, Oct 10, 2011 @ 10:55 AM.

thatswanlady

thatswanlady

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 10, 2011 @ 10:55 AM

I think we'll get a Brittany/Santana kiss, maybe even in episode 4. If it doesn't happen then, I hope it doesn't happen until episode 6, because I don't want it to get lost among the Kurt and Blaine sex. I'm a huge Kurt and Blaine fan, and believe you me, I'm dying for episode 5 like no one's business -- but I want the Brittany/Santana fans to have their happy moments, too. Their relationship is an important first step for Santana to ease out of the closet, and I want it to have its spotlight, too.

As far as pushing boundaries with Kurt and Blaine resulting in no more gay kisses, I actually don't think so. I mean, episode 5 sounds controversial in a mainstream media sense, but I think the result of them going there is going to open up avenues for PDA for everyone. Assuming this episode has good ratings, and I believe it really will, this could be Ryan/Ian/Brad's way of showing the network "See, we just did an episode about gay sex and look at the ratings!" and maybe convince them that gay couples can be lovey-dovey too without killing the ratings.

Or I could be completely wrong about that and after this episode Kurt/Blaine and Brittany/Santana will always sit three feet apart and never touch.